boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

I do like the experimental day/night cycle !!! If they could randomize the raining chances properl + volumetric fog and various conditions it could lead to a nice immersive atmosphere !!!

+1 Adding fog like what is in Arma 3 would be a great addition.  I imagine the cold, late fall Charnarus mornings would sock in the fog within the valleys and lowlands and force the snipers to play a bit differently for a few hours.

Personally I'd love to walk through a forest with about 20m visibility and get myself hopelessly lost trying to find the next town over   :D

• Like 1

+1 Adding fog like what is in Arma 3 would be a great addition.  I imagine the cold, late fall Charnarus mornings would sock in the fog within the valleys and lowlands and force the snipers to play a bit differently for a few hours.

Personally I'd love to walk through a forest with about 20m visibility and get myself hopelessly lost trying to find the next town over   :D

Fog...why not :D

And a "realistic" weather would also force the players to spend more time on their equipment. For a start I would be pleased with a more alternating weather-rotation and a more reliable heat-status. The last time I died of hypothermia, my char went from "normal" directly to "hypothermic". Basicly the only reliable information about your heat status is, if you're shaking or not. For some reason I'm also not able to wring out my clothes.

About the raincoat: I keep on trying to find a black or green one in good condition. I wish there would be something like a "kit", that you can wear above other, non wather-proofed clothes.

My new Dayz motto is: (Robert De Niro voice) "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." (/Robert De Niro voice)

Hotfix looks good so far, although have to start squirreling away a metric shit ton of stuff again to really tell. Which conflicts with the new motto.  :P

Noticed improvised rock knife now degrades, and had a stone fireplace despawn on me within probably an hour, although I hadn't lit it yet. Made another one and lit it, time will tell if it sticks around or not. 

Edited by Taco Tuesday

That sound more like an effect rather than an explanation of why.  And by static you mean one of the 40 possibly spawn points, right?  I say this because in the last patch version the trucks were always in the same place every time they spawned.

I can't recall, does wrecking the truck beyond repair cause it to despawn and reappear at one of the possible spawn points on the next server restart?

Hicks says they are dynamic so I assume that's correct information. I don't really go truck hunting but we always seem to find them in the same locations.

Is the dayzdb map pretty much "official" on the standalone for possible spawn locations? Or is that for the mod? I mean if that's the case, it looks there are like 100 possible truck spawn locations.

Improvised knives have always degraded, just on a slow rate. I think I've gotten one badly damaged over time before.

Unfortunate about the stone fireplace, I just built one and tossed some random clothes in it to test it out overnight. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Yeah we had that happen too TAco- just came in here to mention it. Took our pot and tripod with it when it was gone. Not sure if it was related but we basically all got booted out of the server but it doesn't show in the logs that it restarted. We logged back in and presto chango- all our fires and accessories including stones were gone. 

Not terribly impressed since getting those built and finding a tripod (for the fires we built without upgrading) now adays isn't that easy. 

Hmm lit fireplace also despawned. 

Edited by ENO75

Yeah we had that happen too TAco- just came in here to mention it. Took our pot and tripod with it when it was gone. Not sure if it was related but we basically all got booted out of the server but it doesn't show in the logs that it restarted. We logged back in and presto chango- all our fires and accessories including stones were gone. 

Not terribly impressed since getting those built and finding a tripod (for the fires we built without upgrading) now adays isn't that easy. 

Yeah that sucks you lost the tripod and pot as well. I only had the stone fireplace setup the first time, staking my claim and then took off running to get camp stuff again. Came back and noticed it was gone so I made another one and lit it to see if it made any difference (doesn't). Have a tripod but no pot yet, hopefully it gets sorted before too long. I like lighting a nice campfire and enjoying the fruits of my labor. Suppose just making a new fireplace each time isn't too onerous, however pickaxes degrade at an overly fast rate. Must be made in China!  :P

• Like 1

Has anyone found any tents since the patch?

Checked the tenement/apartment building (5 story) in Berizhino and Novo and didnt find a single tent....one would think the Devs fix for camp lag was no tents :P

Checked the tenement/apartment building (5 story) in Berizhino and Novo and didnt find a single tent....one would think the Devs fix for camp lag was no tents :P

Found 3 blue tents and one military tent already, and without server hopping.

Edited by SAK

and they did it remotely without update and its already done. thought it takes hours for some servers to catch up (Hicks) 

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 3

I am glad for how it currently works. There were SO many invisible fireplaces everywhere on the map simply not despawning. Same with shitty guns, medkits etc etc.

It seems they might have upped barrel spawn rates in return, I might be wrong tho - but I found 6-7 of them in and around one city.

I don't think that is true, you just have to know where to put them. We have a method. Last tent lasted 14 days on a server that is full every night. Hid a green barrel under a tree on the same server - gone after 24hrs.

Our last tent spot lasted around 10 days on a server that's full every night.  But, most of those folks are probably not tent searching.  If you go looking for tents on a crowded server, you will find them.  They're either really larger or glow like they're neon.  Right now, they are a very, very poor substitute for green and yellow barrels. 

It seems they might have upped barrel spawn rates in return, I might be wrong tho - but I found 6-7 of them in and around one city.

I hope they have. I'm not fond of tents and don't need a lot of guns, just a place to store extra ammo, clothing, food stuffs. I was using improvised packs (which made great hobo caches).

• Like 1

Is the dayzdb map pretty much "official" on the standalone for possible spawn locations? Or is that for the mod? I mean if that's the case, it looks there are like 100 possible truck spawn locations.

Good question - that's a lot more than the "40" number thrown around here.

Complete speculation, but I always assumed the dayzdb map was generated by scraping the pbo file(s) for coordinates (and of course parsing item classes, etc, for metadata).  My hat's off to whoever took on that daunting task  :thumbsup:   Based on that I would guess there are actually "about 100" possible truck spawn points and none are legacy/hard-coded locations.

I am glad for how it currently works. There were SO many invisible fireplaces everywhere on the map simply not despawning. 

I agree with the fireplaces themselves despawning- but not the entire assembly. I know we'd come back after what would be about 2 server days (we're on time accel x3) and a fireplace would still be sitting there lit- not radiating any heat... but still lit (or at least emitting light). Couldn't pick it up- it just sat there. Definitely get rid of that. 

But the whole tripod / pot / fireplace? Stone oven?

I think they need to pull it back one notch. Get rid of the sticks / kindling / fuel but leave the structures in place to utilize them.

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 3

Lol we found quite a few without server hopping, we have at least a dozen civilian tents, 2 military ones and a car tent , and barrels at one of our camp, and we have 2 camps. So they definitly spawn all over the place. Edited by DaveB

What are the current despawn times of everything?

It isn't 100% accurate, because yesterday just after the wipe, i found untouched truck in Kpasnoe which isn't included in the map.

What are the current despawn times of everything?

tents/barrels i think 45 days

backpacks 4 hours (not crafted)

all other stuff 30 minutes.

but i don´t know if i am right  :blush:

• Like 1

According to Mr.Hicks, yes that's correct.

But are craftable backpacks still 1 hour or is it set to 30 mins? I think 1 hour but I don't really know...

Edited by xCAPx

Absolutely correct ^_^ :thumbsup: :beans:

nvm - thought it would be different - it isn't :D

Edited by R. Hartenstein

And other containers like medkits, yellow cases and ammoboxes? 30 mins or 45 Dayz?

Edited by imun

And other containers like medkits, yellow cases and ammoboxes? 30 mins or 45 Dayz?

Had cooking pots and frying pans disappear in 30. Assuming its the same for brotector cases and medkits.

Ammo boxes as mentioned earlier work as stashes, but dont know how long.

Does it seem like high end loot is spawning at higher rates after the update (or was it just I was one of those poor saps who was playing on a private server that didn't spawn much at all)?