boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

So does anyone have any suggestions as to where the good stuff loot moved to?

In tents on servers called "clan server join=kick" or something to that effect?

Best. Question. Ever.

From all the Exp. testing done I'm confident that this area now has all the best loot... stay near the beach.

zCKtTKY.jpg

I'm not a noob, I'm just new to .58 obviously you're trolling as that's the most common spawn area, and if you're there for too long you most likely get picked off by bandits. Thanks for the sarcasm though. Chuckled a bit.

Why are you giving away this information? What an ass, it's take us long enough to figure this out on our own.

In tents on servers called "clan server join=kick" or something to that effect?

• Like 1

Apologies, just having some fun.  No, not a troll, just too many looking for the easy answer.

I'm not a noob, I'm just new to .58 obviously you're trolling as that's the most common spawn area, and if you're there for too long you most likely get picked off by bandits. Thanks for the sarcasm though. Chuckled a bit.

• Like 4

The best loot is planned to be only available to those who work hard (put in time) to search for it of fight for it, I've been within half an hour of my spawn all week and have all the mediocre loot!

Seriously if you're playing solo get a map that shows the heli spawns and run those if you want the best chance of mil loot without it being picked over by hoppers. 

• Like 2

Why would you bother even replying with that?

Some people are clearly worth going that extra mile for. 

• Like 6

And dayz happened, the server i find my glow plug and truck crashed and now i cant log into the game (stuck at "please wait") im like why is this happening to me right now smashing my monitor and stuff xD

--------------------------------

i happened to get into server once, and my truck is totally lost. searched a little in no message status :@

Edited by VahidkinG

As BC stated, it's more dedication in the current format than anything else.  The casual player may get frustrated if they are looking for the best gear in short order. Loot is not prevalent, and varies greatly.  High value targets can be empty, others may not.  Spend an hour crossing the map to find boots and hats can be frustrating.  Then again, it really depends on play style.  I'll change mine from survivor off the land to rambo just to add some variety.

The images below, my stash, took an serious amount if time to collect.  Though I do admit to having a bit of an OCD issue, ymmv.  I haven't fired a round in weeks btw.

Edit: Sorry, I did shoot a tree yesterday to check the M4 bullet spread.

gkPU2WI.png

oLHGHIM.png

Edited by Super_Duty

Why would you bother even replying with that?

Because it's somewhat true if you're playing public?

That and I'm an angry little bald guy so you know how that goes ;)

M8, go to places like Stary Yar and those cities in that region. Open DayZ map and look for places that you think nobody ever goes, and go there. I found a aug, glow plugs and shit on the most unexpected place EVER, go a few pages behind and you will see.

You just have to wander like a prick, don't go to obvious places where everyone and their mother goes and you will find what you want. Best place to find military gear is heli crashes.

Edited by Avant-Garde

BCBasher

Your posts have done nothing but improve over the last couple months.

Excellent in-depth feedback, often on more obscure things, and quite insightful.

:thumbsup: :beans:

Hicks seemed really excited to reintroduce infected in .59-.60 in his chat at PAX and he sounded optimistic. (Yes he said we might see them in .59!)

I can't wait to sink the hours in once more, with gusto, and join you maniacs....

• Like 3

I'm slightly baffled at the update. Before .58, there was always weapon loot on the front porches of those small buildings with two rooms and a bathroom, there were infected everywhere, weapons, magazines and ammo were easily obtainable and I could find vehicles. Now I dont see any zeds AT ALL, no loot at the small building I described, I can't find an ak74 mag anywhere, I've been to every airfield and every previously known loot spot with no luck. Is it just me or is anyone else noticing this? Any good servers I can actually enjoy the game on?

I have seen them on military locations, especially the tents. You should keep checking those locations and eventually you will find one.

Selfless promotion of my server here :)

Try mine. Its a 50 player public server. Server is in Dallas, TX. Since .58 we have not reached more than 10 players at any given time but I have had no issues finding loot including the infamous glow plug. All be it, I had to go all the way to sinstok before I found my first one, but I now have 3 in my posession along with 4 batteries. Towns throughout the map still have good amounts of stuff, but I can't say the same for coastal cities.

EDIT: helps if I actually give the server name. Just search for Welcome to the Jungle

Yeah, I just am not in Novo for the loot but the people. Now I always find at most 2 people at a time. A week back there was like 20 guys and we had fun, now I just leave my char there and go check for people a few times a day and find one guy and nobody else.

I don't know what some people are complaining about here. I play on a private hive and respawns are working. Found no lootgasms or glitches yet. We are equipped to the teeth, have half a dozen camps and two trucks that take us where we need. The framerate for the three of us is much better and the desync is too; a couple of months ago we would rubberband when running next to each other - no more. 

There is so much new stuff in the game, yet most people don't even seem to notice it. Nobody says how great the 12 hour servertimes are, nobody says: hooray the tents are fixed! Complaints, complaints, complaints - some people need to learn to enjoy what they have, instead of wanting what they can't have yet. I'm pretty sure there will be a game at the end of this development! A good one! I'm also pretty sure it won't be ready when we want it to - but I don't care. I'm loving Dayz and having a good time with friends, even as the PvP simulator we have now.

Yes, zombies missing is a bummer and we all feel that way. But I'd rather have them fixed good than just spawned as events/triggered, like in the Exile video that went around a few days ago. Devs are trying to give them problem solving capability+advanced pathfinding. Games usually don't do that. Usually you walk through a trigger and a hundred zombies spawn around you. We are trying to get away from these game standards, so that Dayz can be a better game. 

I sometimes think the devs have a bit too much ambition with these things, but slowly I see this game coming together as intended. Yes, they are bad at setting goals and imho are wasting our time with showing timetables which they never meet. But they are still working on Dayz - the antigame. They haven't gone off course and should not be punished for doing the right thing. I do agree however that it's a bit curious what get's broken on a patch to patch basis (e.g. I can't put combat knifes in boots - something which worked all the way down, since 0.55, I think); it still puzzles me, how these kind of things get repeatedly broken. But for everyone who just whines and complains - you are not paying attention to detail and/or the bigger picture. This game is working better than ever, I think some of you might need to find better servers, though. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 9

I don't know what some people are complaining about here.

Thats exactly what im thinking. Well people always whine. I hope Devs dont focus too mutch to negative feedback that is allaround this game.

I now spent as fresh spawn 1-3 hour to find my first gun with matching bullets. Thats gives each character way more depth and the feel of losing things than to gear up in 30min in svetlojarsk/berenzino and pvp , die rinse and repeat. First time im really venturing all over the map

I hope there will be rainbows , unicorns and sunshine in future (and yes few zombies)

This is best patch ever. Step game has taken in last 2 patches are amazing. Game itself is amazing. Im newcomer and i can understant negative feelings to slow progress but remember kids positive feedback gives positive results <3

I don't know what some people are complaining about here. I play on a private hive and respawns are working. Found no lootgasms or glitches yet. We are equipped to the teeth, have half a dozen camps and two trucks that take us where we need. The framerate for the three of us is much better and the desync is too; a couple of months ago we would rubberband when running next to each other - no more. 

There is so much new stuff in the game, yet most people don't even seem to notice it. Nobody says how great the 12 hour servertimes are, nobody says: hooray the tents are fixed! Complaints, complaints, complaints - some people need to learn to enjoy what they have, instead of wanting what they can't have yet. I'm pretty sure there will be a game at the end of this development! A good one! I'm also pretty sure it won't be ready when we want it to - but I don't care. I'm loving Dayz and having a good time with friends, even as the PvP simulator we have now.

Yes, zombies missing is a bummer and we all feel that way. But I'd rather have them fixed good than just spawned as events/triggered, like in the Exile video that went around a few days ago. Devs are trying to give them problem solving capability+advanced pathfinding. Games usually don't do that. Usually you walk through a trigger and a hundred zombies spawn around you. We are trying to get away from these game standards, so that Dayz can be a better game. 

In general, there are some complaints going around that are petty bullshit. However, there also some legit gripes. Maybe you've been lucky, but most of us are having some pretty extreme problems. For example:

1) Desync related fall damage. My buddy died on the roof of a hospital the other day while we were right next to him. His pants and boots were ruined. I got a broken leg just standing on the roof of a police station the day before that. This desync did not seem to be so common in 0.55 or 0.57.

2) Rubberbanding. A least once per play session, everyone on the server is getting rolled back a good 50 feet. A buddy of mine got rolled back into a deer stand while he was running on the ground and broke his leg because of it. While another friend and I were driving two separate trucks, we both got a huge lag spike and crashed into stuff off the road, popping the tires on our trucks and seriously hampering our current mission.

3) The camp lag is real. One friend of ours is no longer allowed access to the camp. Every time he goes up to it, he gets kicked from the server. The last time I went up there, I was teleporting within a 100 meter radius around the camp for about 3 minutes. 

4) No infected. I don't think we need to talk about this more than it already has been discussed.

5) The CLE. In general, it seems to be working just fine. However, I'm not a fan of the fact that hoppers can take from our server's economy and we still seem to have that item counted against us. No SVD or M4 has been found after checking every Quonset multiple times per day since we started the server Friday and finding at least 30-40 choppers. I can't be on 24/7 and I'm betting these items did spawn at one time based on what I saw in Experimental, but the hoppers got them and now we can't seem to find them. I also take particular issue with the idea of camps being counted by the CLE. 

6) Passenger desync in vehicles is way worse than ever before. I didn't have these kinds of problems in 0.55, but now that server performance has increased by 400% I do. (?) Yesterday my friend was driving and it showed him hit a telephone pole that he didn't actually hit. That would be okay if it weren't for the fact that my client counted the hit, even though we teleported on my screen right after to where he actually was, and it ruined my pants, boots and messed up my leg.

There are a lot of problems in this patch that quite severely limit what a player can safely do. While I don't think vitriol is in order, talking about it is exactly what we are all supposed to be doing in here.

• Like 8

I sometimes think the devs have a bit too much ambition with these things, but slowly I see this game coming together as intended. Yes, they are bad at setting goals and imho are wasting our time with showing timetables which they never meet. But they are still working on Dayz - the antigame. They haven't gone off course and should not be punished for doing the right thing. I do agree however that it's a bit curious what get's broken on a patch to patch basis (e.g. I can't put combat knifes in boots - something which worked all the way down, since 0.55, I think); it still puzzles me, how these kind of things get repeatedly broken. But for everyone who just whines and complains - you are not paying attention to detail and/or the bigger picture. This game is working better than ever, I think some of you might need to find better servers, though. 

There's a good bit that's working in game than in previous iterations, but the CLE needs some serious tweaking. I've been testing multiple servers (public and private) over the past week and the distribution of loot is very, very poor. It was good at the beginning of the week and I could get relatively decent gear in about six to ten hours. But later in the week, there's not a sausage to be found, which leads me to think the respawning is off and that kind of thing will lead to ridiculous disadvantages for newbies and fresh spawned players. Not to mention, epic level boredom from running into empty house after empty house and I'm not talking about major cities here, I'm talking backwoods hamlets. Thank god for apple trees, because players would be dropping like flies of starvation left, right and centre.

Also, the sheer amount of PVP in the game now is at crazy levels. I've met one guy who talked to me in the entire week and I suspect that was only because he was a fresh spawn and I had a shotgun. The rest have simply kill me out right or started agro. Another thing I've noticed is the sucker punch to the back of the head resulting in an insta'kill. Was that crap always in the game? Three times last night was killed in that way.

In general, there are some complaints going around that are petty bullshit. However, there also some legit gripes. Maybe you've been lucky, but most of us are having some pretty extreme problems. For example:

There are a lot of problems in this patch that quite severely limit what a player can safely do. While I don't think vitriol is in order, talking about it is exactly what we are all supposed to be doing in here.

Try a  private hive perhaps? I think that's the reason why I've been having none of the problems, except the ones with the camp lag. But that also only happens when you hoard to much, so there is some kind of poetic justice to it. We've been driving out trucks just fine and even though I see them crashing into stuff and going offroad or summersaulting their truck, my friends have no problems with the driving itself. I just keep some distance when I'm following in a second truck. 

I have had hardly any desync and landed a couple of shots exactly where I wanted them to. Which made me very happy. However, with the private hive and all, the server never gets past 50% full, which may be a reason why our game is so much smoother. I imagine on a 50 player server and with everyone making camps there, the background calculations are seriously slowed down. Another problem seem to be the type of looters that just make huge loot piles, so stuff can respawn. Since these lootpiles aren't cleaned up fast enough or at all, they must cause some extra stress to server performance. I think the devs need to make it impossible for the CLE to instantly respawn loot. Because sometimes new items will just pop up right in front of you, as the CLE repopulates spots. I think when a player is in the vicinity, nothing should respawn at all.

Thats exactly what im thinking. Well people always whine.

Well, there's whining and observation. There's a difference.

Well, there's whining and observation. There's a difference.

What I really don't understand is how the experience can be so different, while we play the same version. I play the game very consciously and, different from my friends, am quite territorial, which means I tend to check the same radius most of the time, instead of wandering off for some remote locations; this really depends on how much time I have to play, but generally I at least check the same spots when I play a round of Dayz. 

To me it seems food is pushed to respawn before anything else. I always find drinks, which also give some energy. And lots of cans and rice and Captain Crunch. It's not spawning in huge amounts, but enough to keep going. And in the north I come across herds of deer pretty often (when you feel a lag while in the forest, look around for deer); once we don't get sick from eating their meat, it will be a huge benefit in those barren forrest areas. 

The serverhopping always annoyed me, which is why I play on a private shard now. Doesn't happen there + you meet the same people and after a while know what to expect. Still - how can the same version of the game played on different servers be so different. I'm sure you have good points and thorough observations about it, but I made my own and have almost none of those problems. Puzzles me, really. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

The camp lag is real. One friend of ours is no longer allowed access to the camp. Every time he goes up to it, he gets kicked from the server. The last time I went up there, I was teleporting within a 100 meter radius around the camp for about 3 minutes. 

It's interesting, b/c I think I had this problem in my first day or two on a server after the patch. I just had one extra backpack. Started not being able to join the server. I was getting kicked every time. I managed to stay in just long enough to toss the backpack on and move to a different server. Since then, on the current server, I have about 6 backpacks and 3 barrels worth of stuff, and I haven't encountered the same issue. I don't know if some servers have an issue that exacerbates the problem, or what. I have read some servers have loot explosions at the officers tents. I've not seen it myself. I have seen one server where you can remove all the loot from one of those locations and new loot will spawn, but it's only one - three things at a time. The loot doesn't accumulate. Other servers, that doesn't happen at all. So, there does seem to be some difference from server to server (all public servers that I am referring to).

What I really don't understand is how the experience can be so different, while we play the same version. I play the game very consciously and, different from my friends, am quite territorial, which means I tend to check the same radius most of the time, instead of wandering off for some remote locations; this really depends on how much time I have to play, but generally I at least check the same spots when I play a round of Dayz. 

To me it seems food is pushed to respawn before anything else. I always find drinks, which also give some energy. And lots of cans and rice and Captain Crunch. It's not spawning in huge amounts, but enough to keep going. And in the north I come across herds of deer pretty often (when you feel a lag while in the forest, look around for deer); once we don't get sick from eating their meat, it will be a huge benefit in those barren forrest areas. 

The serverhopping always annoyed me, which is why I play on a private shard now. Doesn't happen there + you meet the same people and after a while know what to expect. Still - how can the same version of the game played on different servers be so different. I'm sure you have good points and thorough observations about it, but I made my own and have almost none of those problems. Puzzles me, really. 

Well, I can't claim to have an answer to that Seven, it's a puzzle to me too, when I hear people talking about the gear they're found in a couple of hours play and I'm still in a crap coat and the same jeans for the whole evening! :lol:

But, there does seem to be something really "off" at the moment. I think the game, in general, is going in the right direction, but I've just about had it with .58.

That being said, I know I'm going to be on tonight, despite myself.

BTW, what shard are you on? I might have a go on that one and check it out, to see if there is a difference. I might just have been having a rotten run of luck this week with servers.

• Like 1