BnZWyatt

Most frustrating way you have died?

The one I hate the most is when I clear an area that I have checked top to bottom and numerous times behind me and turn around when I think Im done and theres a dude with an AK in my face. Where the hell did he come from lol... Frustrating and makes me shit myself when it happens...

• Like 2

When you hit somebody with shotguns point blank, causing a shower of blood and they still don't disintegrate like they are supposed to and act like nothing happened. 

• Like 2

Well there are plenty frustrating ways to die I guess, but there are two I remember very, very well. 

The first occasion is similar to the scene the OP painted.

Whilst looking out over Elektro, after having cleared the entire area, I notice a player spawning in in front of me, too late I notice that he had two friends who already spawned in right behind me. 

You can guess what happened next.

The second most frustrating way was due to desync I guess.

I end up toe to toe with someone who I had hit a couple times already. Both of us carrying AK's.

My clip emptied in him, or at least I think it was in him, cause a second after my clip is emptied he kills me.

Edited by Sofa King
  • Like 1

Definitely glitches.

Every time I've died at the hands of a player, I may have raged, but its all fair in love and war.

I got totally bitched by the rocks near Electro and flung into the air. I rage quit and didn't come back for weeks.

• Like 1

I remember once when I was just spawned and saw a guy falling off the chimney in Berezino. I looted his corpse and got loads of nice loot including a scoped mosin. I then made it all the way to the harbour and then, "You are dead". So annoying. I made it back to my corpse and it was stuck on a ladder, unlootable.

Other than that, dying from glitches really suck.

90% of the time I end up asking myself... HOW?!

If you have ever "melee" fought another player you know how bad the combat is.... the lag/teleporting etc is BS... plain and simple

One time I (new spawn) after running around a guy (he had AK) punching like crazy...he then crouched facing away from me....punched him in the back of the head a couple of times only to be shot somehow? Probably magic boomerang bullets

Most of the time its just retarded, like whoevers damage is calculated first is based on a dice roll or something lol....probably a combat/network code thing...

• Like 1

finally getting enough gear to survive, getting energized with food and water, then stepping off a building. <_<

• Like 2

That time I got run over by a ghost truck was pretty frustrating. Was walking by a truck and just as I was passing it (too closely) it jumped at me and BAM! "You are dead." LOL! Steered clear of the front of those things (especially if they were stuck) since.

when you clearly have the upper hand and you don't take the shot for whatever reason, then they kill you seconds later....... >:(

• Like 1

When I didn't die because I let my guard down, missed the shot, neglected my hunger and thirst, run out of bandages... None of those.

Stairs.

• Like 2

Snuck into a police station that I knew had another player inside. I was quiet and I took my time to make sure I was not making noise. Tactic I've used a bunch of times before and nearly always works. He was making a bunch of noise upstairs so I knew that going slow would keep my sounds covered.

Took up station in one of the bottom floor rooms (far left when you enter front door, with the second room and the racks) and waited with my gun covering the door.

Within a few seconds of me taking up position, this guy comes down the stairs, straight up to the door (I can see his gun clipping through it) then clips into the room and kills me. I'm still trying to decide whether this was desync or a hack. Like, the guy knew exactly where I was and the door never opened. It was like he had something that directed him straight to me. 

There's a possibility he saw me entering through one of the windows, but I was watching them and I didn't see him and still doesn't explain how he knew which room to pick out of four all with the doors closed.

Edited by Nicko2580

That time I drove through a creek to hide my truck, just as I had done in that same place a dozen times before, and the truck did a barrel roll, causing instant death.

A very close second is the chopping axe versus fists, three hits each, toe-to-toe; and the guy with fists knocks me out.  After my first swing, his fists really shouldn't have been very functional.

• Like 1

well the frustration leading up to my death.... was frustration enough.

playing friendly in some large city on a full 50 man server. I die.  o well no biggie.

I spawn in just on the other side of the hill at rify.

decide to jump off the rocks over looking rify. didn't work. so I take off my pants and shoes and do it again.

again didn't work, I remember you need to be still when landing! so I do it again, and again.

screw that im going to the ship and jump off the ledge. go in left side up stairs and jump, repeat again.  Maybe I need to jump farther down the ledge, nope, maybe if I jump just above the stairs... nope

Ill try the other side. go all the way to the top. and jump again.... nothing

So I go back to the left side and find a room that over looks a empty room below with 2 feet of water at one side.  I knew I found the spot.... so I jump.....

WTF>>>>>>>> I go and do it again... and again....  after the 3rd attempt I sat in the bottom of the room thinking about all the times I have died in this stupid boat when I was looting...

I angerly slap my computer and my character lays down and rolls into the small puddle of water at the one side of the room..... YOU ARE DEAD>..

I then spawn in 3 valleys. and immediately turn the game off.

• Like 3

finally getting enough gear to survive, getting energized with food and water, then stepping off a building. <_<

every. single. time. 

Not mine persay, but I was involved. I was climbing the elektro firehouse roof and a guy with an M4 shot at me from the tip top roof. Lo and behold, the ladder gods were on my side as I was flung up and towards the center of town. I hit the guy with my body and it shattered my legs and made me bleed. I landed in the water, swam to the coast and morphined and bandaged.

Go back to the roof expecting a fight, this motherfucker is ragdolled on the roof, knocked the out or dead. Hoping he was alive and unconscious, I yell "You just got knocked the fuck out, bitch" and shot him. Got me a worn M4 :D

• Like 1

Most frustrating way I died recently was because of my own error. In other games I play to climb a ladder you simple walk towards them and an animation takes over. I got confused when I was in a guard tower and simply walked off. Fully geared character...

• Like 1

going on auto run by sticking something next to the w key. coming back from bathroom to black screen.

Well, numerous of ways. I was at some tower once and asked the other player at home "Can I fall through these railings?" "No you can't" "Well... er... you can it seems".

Then there was the time I tried to jump from a roof on a tower but jumped too far (didn't rage but laugh at that).

The first time I died, I actually remember very well. It was at the time I got these constant "No message received", "BattlEye client not responding", etc.

I logged out in a barn with those 2 platforms and logged-in the day after and saw a zombie downstairs. I got in but got kicked due to "BattlEye client not responding". When I got back in the zombie was attacking me and went unconscious. When I came back and wanted to kill him, went unconscious again. Until a moment when I woke up and the zombie pushed me off the platform.

But the most frustrating of them all is actually "a suicide" due to a graphical glitch/desync. I was at NWAF and was climbing one of those radio towers which spawned scopes, etc. When done looting it I grabbed the ladder.

Suddenly my character suddenly appeared a few meters further in the air falling and I was like "WTF IS HAPPENING?! :|". But I thought lucky for me I'm falling towards the ladder and thought "Hey, maybe I can grab the ladder and save my ass". So I pressed 'F' and then suddenly was on the ladder and thought "F*ck yeah, pulled it off". Only to see my character fall immediately down and die.

Gone very first and only M4A1 I have had which I got by shooting one of my first kills. That time I did rage, trust me!

Edited by IMT

Stupid ladders have killed me more than once in this manor.   The other one that pisses me off is you find food, but can't find a sharp object to open the dang cans.  Had this last week and I starved to death.  I think the system was glitched cause I have never starved that fast before.   Maybe a few times back when I first started to play, but not in a long time.

• Like 1

Suddenly my character suddenly appeared a few meters further in the air falling and I was like "WTF IS HAPPENING?! :|". But I thought lucky for me I'm falling towards the ladder and thought "Hey, maybe I can grab the ladder and save my ass". So I pressed 'F' and then suddenly was on the ladder and thought "F*ck yeah, pulled it off". Only to see my character fall immediately down and die.

I bet you pressed "F" twice and made yourself slide down the ladder from too high.

• Like 1

In a close quarters gun fight and I get serious render lag as I go to light them up with an AUG. I miss, and get headshot by a Winchester.

Falling off a ledge in the Rify wreck after surviving an ambush by two bandits there.

• Like 1

The most frustrating... I wrote about it HERE

A bit of background on that death, however... was that I hadn't heard any sound. No gasp... no shot... not a sound. I was just mid-step and then "you are dead." 

GRANTED there's a chance someone took a good long shot at me and hit me in the head... just dropping me.

At the time, that's what I thought. Then I came in and started seeing more people complaining about just randomly dying- middle of nowhere... 0 pop server (well, 1 person ie: the guy who died). Same signs... Might be worth adding that any time I've been killed since, from near or far, I've heard something... a snap... my character making some weird gasping noise... something- anything! Correlation / Causation... yadda yadda. 

So either way- whether it was a game glitch or a dude with much better shooting skills than I have (or a plant with same skills- doesn't take much)- that was my most frustrating. I'd spent hours seeking out burlap and netting... made my ghillie because that's what I wanted... mosin / scope / compensator / black-green paint... wrap- everything... All gone. Frustrating because up until that point I'd known that the first rule of dayZ was "don't get attached to your gear" but I didn't know why. 

And that was my intro. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

The other one that pisses me off is you find food, but can't find a sharp object to open the dang cans.  Had this last week and I starved to death.  I think the system was glitched cause I have never starved that fast before.   Maybe a few times back when I first started to play, but not in a long time.

Stone knife. Takes two minutes to craft and opens cans pretty cleanly.

• Like 2

Glitches. Has happened to me twice in past week. once at Rify shipwreck, once on a crane. Just floated out and dropped to the ground, both times fully geared.