kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

thats not the point...you shouldn't have to "roleplay" scarcity of ressources...i remember the first implementation of .55, people were dropping like flies because of hunger. Everybody hated it, i loved it. Currently CLE is getting better, but its far from done. i think it should feel like hitting a jackpot, when you find some ammo or canned food. We will see how they continue to balance the game.

As I already stated earlier today:

I agree, I like it hard and difficult but sometimes you just want it easy and have a lot of fun in a different way.

That's why there will be servers with different loot tables, at least I think so. I think they made that decision after all the people complained after the bug with CLE early 0.55.

In the end the game will be fun for all to play and with different play styles.

We just need to play the waiting game and eventually everyone gets the game how they want it.

And if you don't want to play the waiting game, you can always pretend there is no loot. My play style consists of only surviving in nature, canned food is a no go. Almost all the loot is, including fire arms.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

thats not the point...you shouldn't have to "roleplay" scarcity of ressources...i remember the first implementation of .55, people were dropping like flies because of hunger. Everybody hated it, i loved it. Currently CLE is getting better, but its far from done. i think it should feel like hitting a jackpot, when you find some ammo or canned food. We will see how they continue to balance the game.

Yes!  I loved it too for that one week it existed before they went back to legacy loot system. It was so funny passing ten+ people along the side of the road planting food :) 

Finding weapons and ammo was second on the list. I hope they can tip the loot scale again so it's much much much harder to find canned food.

• Like 1

Well i had a run in with two unfriendly people to say the least, they were carrying some human steak on them but lets see the video anyways to show how cowardly they were lol. (sorry i was practically deepthroating mic so i am very loud, and excited so i get cocky lol):

I just wanted to make friends but instead i learned that because of the loot splosions lots of cold blooded killers are back on experimental , be careful out there boyZ.

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 10

Well i had a run in with two unfriendly people to say the least, they were carrying some human steak on them but lets see the video anyways to show how cowardly they were lol. (sorry i was practically deepthroating mic so i am very loud, and excited so i get cocky lol):

I just wanted to make friends but instead i learned that because of the loot splosions lots of cold blooded killers are back on experimental , be careful out there boyZ.

That was awesome and dumb of them. They were pinned down in that house and had nowhere to go. :D
  • Like 3

I'm glad you took them out. Indeed with all those loot piles everywhere it's been mostly a harsh experience in the current exp build.

:thumbsup:  Good job.  B)

• Like 2

No kidding... You can't go near the general Cherno area without running into an army of clones. All with bambi clothes, press vests, full gorka helmets, mountain backpacks; wielding an MP5-K with all the trimmings and a civilian rifle or shotgun. Or, if all the MP5s have been taken, they'll have RAKs.

So I mined every lootsplosion in Cherno on one of the US exp servers, along with several more in Chapaevsk, Novosely and Dubky   :thumbsup:

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 3

I wanted to hear their voices, I ran into two guys having a BBQ in the middle of the highway slow talking raspy southern accent seemingly friendly.

They weren't and I'm assuming I was the next thing to get BBQ'd. 

• Like 4

Plus way more progress on the vehicle repair mechanics!

hell yeah!!

Exp hive reconnected yet? Am still getting freshie each time

Exp hive reconnected yet? Am still getting freshie each time

I just logged in today and still have my gear. But the server I originally been playing on isn't showing up on the list.

But the servers seem to keep going down every 5 - 10 minutes.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

I just logged in today and still have my gear. But the server I originally been playing on isn't showing up on the list.

But the servers seem to keep going down every 5 - 10 minutes.

I wonder how long it's going to take for the loot piles to start crashing the servers. I've been running around on 3pp not really caring if I die and saw a loot pile outside the police station that was do big my street texture wouldn't load for blocks around it.

• Like 1

Think I'm hanging it up for the day. Can't go halfway down a block without the server coming down. Time to dust the xb1 off.

That'd be about the right timing, I just need optics for my Mosin and sportster and I have a pretty respectable loadout to go hide in the woods and be antisocial.

You can have my worn hunting scope and my sportster, since I am going to drop it tonight. :-) Currently at work.

• Like 1

I wonder if I could survive crawling prone from start. I would have to change positions to stone knife and eat and drink etc. But all travel in prone position? I imagine I would die before I found my first apple tree :-)  I have crawled for hours when I had a kited m4 and eight 60 rd mags "don't fire the rifle, someone will hear".  I crawled from the north end of nw airfield to the south end and filled my canteens after counting zombies and glassing the tower and truck parked next to it. I crawled into a gunfight at Balota to see and almost got hit by a stray bullet "crawled back out". I think I am going to need a WWI periscope to see over the rocks and bushes while crawling.

• Like 3

True but there is a big difference between "AK101 is not in the loot table" or "I think the AK101 is not in the loot table". ;)

Well Mr. Smarty Pants get out there and find one, prove us all wrong.  Other wise......

I wonder how long it's going to take for the loot piles to start crashing the servers. I've been running around on 3pp not really caring if I die and saw a loot pile outside the police station that was do big my street texture wouldn't load for blocks around it.

Yeah, Zelengorsk is just chock to the brim, full of so much crap I am starting to think that is why everything in the mil base there spontaneously de-spawned right in front of me the other day. Jeez, more books than the freaking library of congress.  Definitely need a reset, have you noticed that US Southwest 0-1 went down last night?  It was up for a short while today but I could only get "waiting for host" never managed to get in and now it's down again...

Edited by Barnabus

You can have my worn hunting scope and my sportster, since I am going to drop it tonight. :-) Currently at work.

Thanks but I think but I think I need a break until they do a persistence wipe at least.

Spent a few hours on 3pp today and the loot piles and the ddos if it's still going are impacting my performance to the point of textures and trees not loading, statuses not updating, and not being able to interact. That and I'm on vacation and have played something stupid like 60-80 hours on this patch might be burning out.

• Like 1

Yeah, Zelengorsk is just chock to the brim, full of so much crap I am starting to think that is why everything in the mil base there spontaneously de-spawned right in front of me the other day. Jeez, more books than the freaking library of congress.  Definitely need a reset, have you noticed that US Southwest 0-1 went down last night?  It was up for a short while today but I could only get "waiting for host" never managed to get in and now it's down again...

I noticed the SW 01 thing too, the SW servers are the first that show up when my list loads there's actually quite a few less servers loading. 

Thanks but I think but I think I need a break until they do a persistence wipe at least.

Spent a few hours on 3pp today and the loot piles and the ddos if it's still going are impacting my performance to the point of textures and trees not loading, statuses not updating, and not being able to interact. That and I'm on vacation and have played something stupid like 60-80 hours on this patch might be burning out.

Dont burn out. I enjoy your posts lol

More SteamDB activity. Cross your fingers, everyone :)

• Like 6

Dont burn out. I enjoy your posts lol

Did you miss me when that pos .57 came out and I bought the ArmA2 bundle and went and played single player games for a month or two.

Aside from the boat and invisible cop cars .58 is looking good in allot of ways, I found 10 netting in like 10 minutes today and that just ruined it for me being able to make my ghillie hood and gun wrap should be exciting.

• Like 3

Did you miss me when that pos .57 came out and I bought the ArmA2 bundle and went and played single player games for a month or two.

Aside from the boat and invisible cop cars .58 is looking good in allot of ways, I found 10 netting in like 10 minutes today and that just ruined it for me being able to make my ghillie hood and gun wrap should be exciting.

Lol i hear ya. There will be lots of regulars coming and going until beta im sure. Especially when summer rolls around. Coupled with various patches that are either too broken or too easy loot wise.

Im guilty as well the last couple of weeks. But yeah,i always come back to the forums regardless of play time since its great to read up from everyone whats goin on :)

Edited by cash81

Lol i hear ya. There will be lots of regulars coming and going until beta im sure. Especially when summer rolls around. Coupled with various patches that are either too broken or too easy loot wise.

Im guilty as well the last couple of weeks. But yeah,i always come back to the forums regardless of play time since its great to read up from everyone whats goin on :)

I hear ya, this is one of the least toxic OL communities I've been a part of even with me participating ;)