kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

after playing a few days on exp i got to say survival is still pretty easy. i know, not priority to get any kind of balance, CLE needs to get tweaked etc. Canned food is still plenty available, even with persistence on, combined with the fact that they slowed down hunger and thirst degradation, its sprinting galore time.

We will see what the future brings, but hunger & scarcity should be a major enemy in this setting too, not only bored full military equipped players.

Edit: Also persistence seemed to work for me, i placed a gun + ammo in the woods, returned 2 RL days later, the gun was still there. I also have found a few player camps full of loot. Can't wait till the get the loot explosions sorted out & persistence fully working.

Edited by InvincibleThroughDC

I had a bit of a laugh.  Set a land mine up on a loot splosion then got a zed to run on it.  Unfortunately for me I was to close so it was a return to the coast.  Did the experiment again at the coast to see if it would remove some of the loot.  I got a zed to run into it and I was far enough away this time.  Nice explosion although the zed survived and continued to run at me until I mosined his arse,  The loot splosion survived the mine which was a bit diaspointing.

• Like 4

Hopefully we get another chance at high-spawning lootsplosions of weapons and corresponding ammo once hoards of infected are fully implemented. It would be so satisfying mowing down an entire row of zeds not having to worry about ammo.

I'm all for having weapons difficult to find / maintain, but let's hope some of the bugs like these sometimes pop up during certain testing stages.

I agree, I like it hard and difficult but sometimes you just want it easy and have a lot of fun in a different way.

That's why there will be servers with different loot tables, at least I think so. I think they made that decision after all the people complained after the bug with CLE early 0.55.

In the end the game will be fun for all to play and with different play styles.

Bad thing is that on lots of private servers admins reset the server to "disarm" mines before they loot the heli crash sites.

Hope persistance of traps/mines will be ON soon.

I guess you're talking about the stable branch because the developers control the servers in Experimental, I think.

I really hope there will be a list by the community with abusive admins which will make their server dry out.

Well exp is fucked up at the moment. Loot splosions where the police car events spawn in which is taking away the loot from the houses, tents, barracks and any other buildings. Persistence is fucked up as I have lost 3 rucksacks, 1 camo vest and a AKM. Watched the AKM and camo vest disappear before my eyes when I went back to the server after a reset. The reset before I had dropped my sporter to see if it would disappeared, it did not. Oh well lets see how the devs are going to fix this as they said the CLE would stop loot splosions lol. On a side note is the UMP under powered or what, I don't know if the silencer is reducing the damage. It took me 5 shots to down a zed. Thats the same as the sporter. It was nice to see that the AKM was 1 shotting zeds though.

Good, it wouldn't be Experimental if it wouldn't "fuck up" now and then. :)

after playing a few days on exp i got to say survival is still pretty easy. i know, not priority to get any kind of balance, CLE needs to get tweaked etc. Canned food is still plenty available, even with persistence on, combined with the fact that they slowed down hunger and thirst degradation, its sprinting galore time.

We will see what the future brings, but hunger & scarcity should be a major enemy in this setting too, not only bored full military equipped players.

Edit: Also persistence seemed to work for me, i placed a gun + ammo in the woods, returned 2 RL days later, the gun was still there. I also have found a few player camps full of loot. Can't wait till the get the loot explosions sorted out & persistence fully working.

Maybe you should play my survivalist play style which makes it a bit harder to survive. I can make a forum topic or maybe even a video about it if people are interested.

Remember people: PvP is not the only thing in the game. If you're bored then try some different play styles. If you don't have a clue what a play style is you should check WOBO's video's about them.

• Like 5

I noticed that my sporter took some damage when I was hit in NW Airfield earlier today -

never seen that  before in dayz - so weapon cleaning kit finally will shine and see some use. 

updated: It's still very hard to spot fireplaces in the wild if you're more than 100 meters away - the light suddenly 

diminish with magic (50-70) meters away at night.

Yep, it's been like that since at least 0.51 as when you use a weapon, it degrades, or, you can find weapons already in "damaged" state. When they changed the crash sites from the Blackhawks to UH-1Y Bell Venom choppers, and added the AUG, both the AUG and M4 could spawn in "damaged" state.

Also, all weapons have various degradation speeds.

Lastly, before all those changes, since 0.30 you could get your weapon damaged when getting shot, or even ruined.

As for the lights, always been like that because of the legacy tech we still have. When the new renderer hits, you'll see those bugs disappear. At least that's what we hope!

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 5

Any new 0.58 patch update tomorrow on wednesday?

They are busy dealing with DDOS attacks which has probably put .58 testing on a back burner unfortunately.

• Like 1

I mean like all AK rifles, clips, vests, hunting backpack etc.

Wow, just realised I spent all night in DayZ. Look what way I made :D

ohauo497.jpg

AKM and AK74 spawn at barracks and tents with their proper attachments. AK101 is absent from the loot tables right now, but you can still find the mags at UH-1Y crash sites. (Smoking Nato chopper crash)

Vests can be found at military tents around the map. (Myshkino tent city, NWAF, Stary Sobor tents) All the loot of the tents spawn in only 1 of the tents at all those locations, making it pretty hotspots for server hoppers, and without the changing server spawn timer, it's even worst... 

As for hunting backpacks, they might have used to spawn in military areas, but they're not military gear, just like the mountain packs. Not anymore. Only the tortilla can be considered "military" backpack. The hunting backpack can easily be found in deer stands, feeding shacks and even sheds.

Safe travels survivor.

• Like 2

They are busy dealing with DDOS attacks which has probably put .58 testing on a back burner unfortunately.

Ah that's what's going on, I thought it was my own connection having some intermittent problems today. Hope they get it figured out soon.

I had a bit of a laugh.  Set a land mine up on a loot splosion then got a zed to run on it.  Unfortunately for me I was to close so it was a return to the coast.  Did the experiment again at the coast to see if it would remove some of the loot.  I got a zed to run into it and I was far enough away this time.  Nice explosion although the zed survived and continued to run at me until I mosined his arse,  The loot splosion survived the mine which was a bit diaspointing.

I thought AI didn't trigger traps, they fixed that from when the mines first came in?

I though you were supposed to be able to damage gear on the ground now too, I tried shooting at an unarmed damaged mine i found in one of the pile yesterday but it had no effect.

AKM and AK74 spawn at barracks and tents with their proper attachments. AK101 is absent from the loot tables right now, but you can still find the mags at UH-1Y crash sites. (Smoking Nato chopper crash)

Vests can be found at military tents around the map. (Myshkino tent city, NWAF, Stary Sobor tents) All the loot of the tents spawn in only 1 of the tents at all those locations, making it pretty hotspots for server hoppers, and without the changing server spawn timer, it's even worst... 

As for hunting backpacks, they might have used to spawn in military areas, but they're not military gear, just like the mountain packs. Not anymore. Only the tortilla can be considered "military" backpack. The hunting backpack can easily be found in deer stands, feeding shacks and even sheds.

Safe travels survivor.

Could you state your source for the AK101 being absent from the loot table?

Yep, super common nowadays, if there ever was or ever could be a police car spawn there then that is where you'll find those.  So glad this does not happen at helicrashes.

Had my favorite kind of encounter on US Southeast 0-1 up in Grishino.  I saw them first, I drew my weapon, I stood there for a good 5 seconds watching him move around the loot pile plain as day and it was just after noon on the server, no more than 15 meters away, then I evaded my way away from him as quickly as possible, no shots fired by either party.  He was so perceptually narrowed in on the lootsploded up the street from me that I could have killed him, but I don't even think he knew I was there.  So I didn't because that's what a shit turd would do..  Perhaps now I'll have some good karma and find a truck battery now that I have a glow plug... 

I win, g'nite you hairy grip muldoons.

Anyone make a fire in a barrel yet?  Is that even possible?

I positively love to shadow people. Found a couple of camps that way!  :D

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

It looks like China is very active: http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=AT&list=0&time=16630&view=map

No idea what this map means though.

The map shows the source and destination of several DDoS attacks. It doesn't mean that the servers are under attack by China by the way.

I positively love to shadow people. Found a couple of camps hat way!  :D

Shadowing people is indeed easy as hell. But don't try it out at me because I do notice it, certainly on an high populated server. ;) Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

'wait for Host' ..

I noticed this just now - I can't login, but I see other players are playing though on experimental. 

updated: It helped me when I restarted the dayz client - maybe some other issues on exp. 

I also noticed that we've an increased population on exp. recently after the attacks on the stable branch

servers. 

Edited by Ori42

I just tried -newui, It's lagging for some reason I don't know. Wasn't even able to join the game.

Could you state your source for the AK101 being absent from the loot table?

The only source for this so far is that no one has found one and reported it in this forum.  If one of the regular posters here had found one they would have said so.  There is never a change log been posted for experimental, that's part of the experiment.

• Like 2

I just tried -newui, It's lagging for some reason I don't know. Wasn't even able to join the game.

It was posted in the dev tracker that you should not try to use -newui since the last update

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226887-brian-hicks-on-twitter-rbanhegyi-new-ui-is-not-going-to-be-playable-for-awhile-i-strongly-discourage-you-from-trying-to-actively-play-with-it/

Edited by Barnabus

The only source for this so far is that no one has found one and reported it in this forum.  If one of the regular posters here had found one they would have said so.  There is never a change log been posted for experimental, that's part of the experiment.

That's my point, there is no source. Perhaps it is there but it is very, very rare. If people don't find a item doesn't mean the item isn't there.

That's my point, there is no source. Perhaps it is there but it is very, very rare. If people don't find a item doesn't mean the item isn't there.

Like I said, if one of the regular posters here had found one they would have reported it.  Some folks in here are very dedicated to tracking particular pieces of gear down and reporting that information for general consumption.

• Like 4

Like I said, if one of the regular posters here had found one they would have reported it.  Some folks in here are very dedicated to tracking particular pieces of gear down and reporting that information for general consumption.

True but there is a big difference between "AK101 is not in the loot table" or "I think the AK101 is not in the loot table". ;)

Oh well lets see how the devs are going to fix this as they said the CLE would stop loot splosions lol.

They also said that it would take several months to get it configured properly.

There are over 1.7 million possible loot spawn points on the map and many of these are dynamic. At any given time, there are between 19,000 and 45,000 loot items on the map. God (and Eugen) only knows how many possible different loot items there are. These numbers are not trivial, and the CLE is a complex mechanism. Once implemented, however, it will be worth the time and aggravation, due to the fine grain control and ease of management it will provide.

Patience!

• Like 2

I think you both can agree that no one has found one yet and neither of you know if it just hasn't been found or not on the loot table. It's one or the other. 

And on the subject of barrels, there's always a random amount of fluid in every barrel that can be checked with "inspect" 

I'm guessing it's oil (because "Oil Barrel"...) :rolleyes:  

Most likely water. Eventually, if not already, water is necessary for most barrel crafting recipes.

Now is not a good time to be trying to play :X That said, don't bother with the -newui right now unless you're really curious.

True but there is a big difference between "AK101 is not in the loot table" or "I think the AK101 is not in the loot table". ;)

You two need to play nice! :p Anyway, you make a particularly relavent point in light of this from earlier:

• Like 2

I also wonder if we'll be able to empty the barrel oil & catch or hold water instead?

It's somewhat of a placeholder for now, I can't wait until we can start discovering it's mysteries

IIR, when it was introduced, one of the devs indicated that the barrel could be used to collect rain water. Rain hasn't been a thing until recently, though. Has anyone checked to see if this works yet?  

• Like 1

Yeah, stable branch is broken no one have gear - I'm wathcing Lirik. lol