kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

The bug with the clean up is showing up again on UK 0-1. Fireplaces which are placed inside a house are dissapearing again after 5 seconds. The same thing goes for wooden sticks whenever you cut them from trees, after 5 seconds they are gone.

Edit: apparently I just unintentionally duplicated a Pristine Tent with a restart.

I did the same with a Mp5. Seems to be a new dupe bug.

Keep an eye out for a mini fridge for science ? Someone said they saw one on reddit but you can never trust reddit lol .... And you can store your hangover medicine (jack Daniels) in there while you transport it !

I saw one in Novy Sobor when 0.58 first hit Experimental,  but I don't know if it's still there. I didn't think to check last night when we rolled through. It was two of them glitched into each other as a matter of fact. Has anyone seen one anywhere else?

I think those are going to end up being an "Experimental only" thing for 0.58 like barrels were for 0.57.

• Like 1

Keep an eye out for a mini fridge for science ? Someone said they saw one on reddit but you can never trust reddit lol .... And you can store your hangover medicine (jack Daniels) in there while you transport it !

Just logged in to remember that last night I got shot by a guy at NWAF.  Didn't kill me, but ruined the truck battery in my M65 and the truck battery in my Assault Vest.  I am one sad banana this morning.

Game runned good, one of my best sessions. But I got Internet upgrade and bought "new" cpu. We lost few items, had some desync (but server is in Asia) but other than that, very stable. I saw Russian heli crash twice and it was in same place with same loot. All we need now are frigging zombies!!! I'm really bored last two updates. I keep my fingers crossed for 0.59 to have zombies back.

Infected are still in game but most likely they're being killed by players before you even see one as I've seen quite a few myself.

I played 0.58 Experimental for a whopping seven hours total today, and had quite the journey across the map from Berezino to Zelenogorsk and everything in between, making my way back to Berezino and then all the way down to Elektro by the end of then night. Phew!

Overall, I think 0.58 is ready for prime time. The performance is great other than some hiccups while driving. There are the usual handful of bugs, but nothing game-breaking.

The day yielded wayyy to many pictures to post here, but I'll include a link and a few highlights. Appearances by Igor, Dudester, BleedoutBill, and a RL friend named Rykkor. We also had HugoStiglitz in the chat room with us this evening.

http://imgur.com/a/0YNVN

0lsnOHh.jpg

DlZr7JW.jpg

mbm4rAl.jpg

kgv9426.jpg

YIiVfWf.jpg

SQOIi2A.jpg

Wow!!! Fantastic shots!! The pink at night and last shot with the flares in Elektro are absolutely amazing!! Wish I could have been able to play yesterday....

• Like 2

Was able to play for a few minutes this morning, and saw a fox for the second time, and this time I shot it to get a closer look. Really hoping the pelt will be usable to make either a small courrier bag, or even a vest or something.

Also, came across a boar and didn't let my chance fly to craft my fav backpack.

2j3pnyg.jpg

aewtb4.jpg

ru2lcm.jpg

20zcx3s.jpg

The UMP45 is a nice addition and I really like it, but it gets damaged very fast. This one was pristine when I found it, and after disposing of many infected, and firing about 100 rounds, it's now damaged. 

ketg5y.jpg

• Like 2

Just wanted to post something I've noticed. I don't recall it ever being able to be zeroed this high but I found a worn pu scope and put it on a sks I am carrying around and discovered that it can be zeroed to 1300 meters. Is this normal or a fluke?

hXK30F7.jpg

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

Didn't see the reddit post...  does it run on propane?  Something else to use those gas canisters for?  Also, I did see the reddit post about a portable radio.  Been looking for one of those also, assuming that it is a real thing.  Back to mowing...meh.

• Like 1

Infected are still in game but most likely they're being killed by players before you even see one as I've seen quite a few myself.

I killed four on air strip and three in tent city. That is by far not enough. Best zombies were in 0.55, tough to kill and everywhere.

Wow!!! Fantastic shots!! The pink at night and last shot with the flares in Elektro are absolutely amazing!! Wish I could have been able to play yesterday....

Getting together with a few people in about an hour. Feel free to join :)

• Like 2

I'll try, but not sure if I'll make it, as it's 36 degrees Celsius at my place, and my system is heatin up pretty badly...

Got many fans cooling it up, but it's not enough when I start using the GPU, it gets to 80-85 pretty fast... We'll see if I can think of something to cool it out. Talk to you later man!

• Like 1

Where did you end up yesterday?

Where did you end up yesterday?

I logged out at Elektro. That's where the truck ran out of gas (the second time).

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed that when you logout of a server and then log right back in you can see a ghost of yourself?

I'll try, but not sure if I'll make it, as it's 36 degrees Celsius at my place, and my system is heatin up pretty badly...

Got many fans cooling it up, but it's not enough when I start using the GPU, it gets to 80-85 pretty fast... We'll see if I can think of something to cool it out. Talk to you later man!

You might need to get liquid cooling for your rig if it heats up that badly.

Has anyone noticed that when you logout of a server and then log right back in you can see a ghost of yourself?

Yep, but I've seen that several times on EXP.  Never seems to carry over to Stable because of the timer on the latter.

Air conditioning in my room is the best way to keep my PC cool , it's been like 90* F around here these past few weeks too ! I wanna play dayz tonight and get something worthwhile , like an Svd :) or vss :) ! Experimental crew assemble (at or around 1130 when I'm outta work lol)!

In normal times it doesn't heat up, as we have cold weather where I'm at. (-30 C in winter) but right now there's what we called here a "heat wave", and I'm helpless against +36 degrees celsius... (besides, got no money for liquid cooling... system isn't build for that at all)

• Like 1

In normal times it doesn't heat up, as we have cold weather where I'm at. (-30 C in winter) but right now there's what we called here a "heat wave", and I'm helpless against +36 degrees celsius... (besides, got no money for liquid cooling... system isn't build for that at all)

It's only 29 here but we have 79% humidity right now.  My laptop may as well be on fire.  Have no air con here since the landlord is a cheap SOB (we share the electric bill) and it, normally, doesn't get this humid.  Looking forward to the trade winds coming back on Tuesday

• Like 1

I know it's off topic - but there's always the makeshift air conditioner!

Find a cheap styrofoam cooler (or any old container really) and if you already have a fan ...

cut 1 hole for the fan on top and 1 hole on the side to let the cold air out

Keep the cooler filled with frozen containers (pet bottles, food containers, zip lock bags or anything that seals tight)

Air blows over the ice and comes out cold! (it actually works better than you might expect)

pgE2r28.jpg 

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

I ran all over the NW quarter of the map.  I bet I went to 95% of the buildings.  Didn't see a single fridge.  What are they supposed to do?  Just be stationary persistent containers?

I did find 2 batteries and 2 glow plugs though!

I ran all over the NW quarter of the map. I bet I went to 95% of the buildings. Didn't see a single fridge. What are they supposed to do? Just be stationary persistent containers?

I did find 2 batteries and 2 glow plugs though!

I think they are transportable containers to store food in ! Who knows how it truly works though , like is it cold or does it get cold ?

I placed a bear trap before a night out with the wife, that went well so didn't get to check it until 2pm today. It was still in the same place but deactivated I highly doubt someone tripped or deactivated where I put it so I think they disarm at reset.

Anyone tried to see if an armed mine is persistent through a reset?

Short session with ColdAtrophy.

w0VXwlM.jpg

Riding down the road I saw a cop car and my friend could not.

I'm telling him to stop as we plow through it with no damage and he then turns around and can now see the car in the road.

I had the presence of mind to snap a picture from the cab of the truck.

92SnfDJ.jpg

When we hopped out to investigate, the car disappeared.

mwrtCZk.jpg

This seems like confirmation that some lootsplosions  are tied to dynamic events/cop cars.

An infected got caught in the chassis and became "slender zombie".

So that's a thing too.

i8AVhc9.jpg

Some lootsplosions in the road can create a hazard.

We collided with one that ruined our tires and the tire repair kit did not seem to work at the moment.

OE3bqC1.jpg

Maybe we we're supposed to see loot heavy cop cars in abundance in this build?

Possibly tied to a more civilian cross section of loot but somehow it flailed....

Edit: infected respawn seems to be working in some hotspots and larger towns/cities.

Small but persistent waves of infected descended as we picked the loot pile that had the disappearing cop car.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2