kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I swear this game hates me, just got my shit together after birthday madness and was looking forward to pissing away the morning gearing up again.

Guess we're both a victim. They usually do updates when it's evening here so not a lot of time to play on the new update. :P

It's always possible, but seems unlikely that someone would go to the trouble of hauling away improvised packs full of, in some cases not full of, random loot that I was using to test persistence. And why wouldn't they use the 4 trucks nearby to take that loot? They were all there (about 6 packs); a few hours later, the trucks and their loot were still there (including UMP and FNX, both with mags), but packs full of clothes and boots are gone.

ah, I have no clothing stored. A few hats and balaclavas but no pants, shirts or jackets. I Edited by Barnabus

I swear this game hates me, just got my shit together after birthday madness and was looking forward to pissing away the morning gearing up again. 

Don't worry, I need to leave in about 30 minutes.  I'll be gone for 3 or so hours, mostly likely.  It should update in 31 minutes.  :D

ah, I have no clothing stored. A hates hats and balaclavas but no pants, shirts or jackets.

After losing all my backpacks, I've been keeping all the good loot on trucks and using packs for spare testing gear.  But, I hated to keep a truck battery on a truck full of good loot, so I hid my spare in a smersh pack.  :(

Don't worry, I need to leave in about 30 minutes.  I'll be gone for 3 or so hours, mostly likely.  It should update in 31 minutes.   :D

Seems legit.

Short of moving a few couches my day is pretty open, time to put on some more coffee and pound the F5 key.  

Man im hoping for new vehicles i want my damn party bus! ima drive down the coast and pick up as many random people as i can!  B)

• Like 1

Man im hoping for new vehicles i want my damn party bus! ima drive down the coast and pick up as many random people as i can!  B)

Hate to break it to you but that will be in 0.59 as far as I know.
  • Like 1

Is that a possibility?

I though the new vehicles were slated for .59 looking forward to the Lada personally. 

• Like 1

Hate to break it to you but that will be in 0.59 as far as I know.

Well il hold out hope anyway since the devs can surprise us sometimes like for example when they added cannibalism i wasn't expecting that and as far as i know it came as a big surprise to everyone.

BangBusContest.jpg

Edited by QUAZIMOFO
  • Like 2

161mb download available now guys :)

• Like 2

PSYCH!!!  I totally faked DayZ out; I don't have to leave for an hour and a half!  Score!!!

ETA:  I do note your post was 31 minutes after  my warning.  I'm telling you, DayZ reads my mind.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

Thanks for the update. Time to opt-in to the bèta again. :lol:

PSYCH!!!  I totally faked DayZ out; I don't have to leave for an hour and a half!  Score!!!

Well played.

Alright, almost ready, took me less than 10 minutes to go from stable to experimental, <3 u hi-speed internetz. :lol:

Got to love them wipes. Everyone starts as freshie again, you get to see so many unarmed survivors. Let the bashing begin! :D

• Like 1

I've found them in the 2 story residential house with 5 rooms on the bottom floor (side room with all the windows, front entry hall, main room with staircase and stove and table, bedroom, and back room) - don't knwo what you'd call them = and the wiki doesn't have a picture.  Also pretty sure I have found them in grandma's house (one story, one room blue, yellow and wood houses that used to always spawn guns) this build.

ETA:  Found a pic of the first one (and of course, Tatanko took it):

20150503234302%21Khelm_4c.jpg

Huh, guess I've just been unlucky then. Been checking every single one of the granny houses and those two stories that I've seen this entire patch... Like 20 hours.  :lol:

Looks like a character wipe  B)

Looks like a wipe too. I'm a freshie on the beach  :P  :P

Got to love them wipes. Everyone starts as freshie again, you get to see so many unarmed survivors. Let the bashing begin! :D

Thanks for that don't need to bother logging junior's in to check and see if the trucks and such are still there. 

As DayZTV helpfully pointed out:

• Like 6

.. especially as regarding what seems to be overly aggressive and unexpected de-spawns, as well as large swaths of the map with virtually no loot. Right now, the logic escapes me, so I can only conclude that this is still very much a work in progress.

I ran into a couple instances of cities/villages being nearly barren of loot.  I did a path up from the military base near Pavlovo, thru Pavlovo and into Zele and it was really bad.  I was cold, low on food.  I found a shirt in Pavlolo to help build a fire to dry off and warm up, no food or any other loot.  I looted about a third of Zele and found two cans of food and 3 soda cans.   I also noticed when I started my character on the 1pp server that the city I spawned it was a waste land (Svet) and if it wasn't for some luck in Olsha I would have been in serious trouble.   I can't imagine that the current loot system could support a really active and full server at this point. 

Please don't misunderstand, this is much better than the "one stop shopping" of the gate houses but it still needs work.

Looks like a wipe too. I'm a freshie on the beach   :P   :P

/sigh...

50 or 75 pop severs?

Not like the EXP servers are even coming close to filling a 50 cap.  I understand people want higher populate caps but be honest, are any servers even pushing the 50 cap right now?  Maybe I just don't see them due to my filtering on ping...

Edited by Briljin