kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Hey, thanks for the instructions. I logged off for tonight, but I'll make sure to try tomorrow! I'll post some images if I can drag it anywhere interesting. It would be nice, if there was a way to get it into a truck. Seems like it could work with your trick! But if there is anyway to move it at all, I'm already excited about building a wall of fridges :) What a roadblock! 

It's random at best. I got mine caught on a pallet and it just keeps changing spots on the pallet >:[

EDIT:

Operation roadblock is on! It always try to get closer to you. So back up a little before placing object back in fridge.

2015-08-17_00005_zpse8ohtce7.jpg

Edited by hrdrok
  • Like 4

@Seven sometimes the glitch will freak out completely on individuals causing them to CONSTANTLY put their gun away, you literally cant hold it for 1 second. had this happen to myself a couple of times in the mdidle of the airfield, thank god I am with company at all times. only fix is reconnect. goddamnit.

I fixed that problem by pressing V to vault once. Worth a try.

• Like 2

I so want to try to move this, but I just don't have any more hours in me today... thanks for the info.  Going to bed!

Alright I perfected the moving of the fridge.

Drag fridge out of inventory screen and drop it like below.

2015-08-17_00003_zpsmybai5fm.jpg

Then place an item into the fridge, and it will move. I haven't work on getting it to move as desired, just get it to move this way.

Let me know if you get it anywhere interesting :P

Btw, I stumbled across this camp this evening on my regular server.  Pretty sure I know who invested the time, but I believe he/she is not a regular on the forums.  I just moved along to my camp, not that far away.  I plan to add items, upgrade where I can. If this is yours, shoot me a note.

FTzEyIU.jpg

Ran around the west with Dudester and GaryWalnuts again tonight. Practically from the moment I logged in we began having violent encounters. I had to take aim at two harmful looking fellows in Pustoshka and killed one, with Dudester and Gary arriving just in time to corner the other and finish him. Gary and I were shot at further north near Lopatino, and Dudester was killed by a land mine at a heli crash  :lol:

Who would think I could remain hidden in this bright yellow raincoat:

(Third picture down is a rainbow, by the way.)

YA82DK6.jpg

hFT30uH.jpg

0Ao7FBe.jpg

v1iRSjM.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

I've been looking for someone to traverse the rock ledges up north, just east of Tisy, to see if a tent can be deployed out of sight and out of harms way...  Might help with that wipe, so to speak? 

~snip~

Already tried it, not a favorite or great spot up on there.  The problem with those rock ledges is they are, a, either too close to the camp above Tisy, or b, too close to the hardball road that goes from the camp and cuts over to Kamesk as a dirt road.  West of Tisy is much better.

• Like 1

Do you need any cmags? The green truck from the other night was alive and we'll when I last checked and has some in it. I can tell you where I stashed it if you want.

:thumbsup: It's cool man, thanks anyway.  I'll find another glow plug and another truck I am sure.  I like walking....

:thumbsup: It's cool man, thanks anyway.  I'll find another glow plug and another truck I am sure.  I like walking....

I thought the 2 60rd and one 30rd cmags might be interesting, some people like that stuff. I'd just be happy if I could find a Blaze 95.

Edited by BCBasher

Did a quick forum search looking for comments on barrels and creating a fire in one. Apparently I have no patience this evening to read through the highlighted comments. The question is, what is the current state crafting a fire in a barrel? Any difference than creating other fires / kits? Are there any noticeable reasons to do so? Guess I'll just go check it out, thinking out loud here...

Hicks said at RTX that its planned but Not in already. But it will be possible. Edited by imun

Scopes right now are way too common, imo. I'll usually always find either a PU scope or Hunting scope whenever I visit the deer feeder building or deer stand.

Btw, I keep forgetting to ask this, but was anyone able to use the tire repair kit? I've watched the video about it and removing car tires, yet my interaction was somewhat limited. First of all, I could only remove the front tires, but that may have been, because the back tires weren't damaged; my idea was to move the middle wheels to the front, in order to be able to drive again. Wasn't possible, because I could not get any other wheels off. 

The tire repair kit doesn't show options for me. So either the tires were too destroyed, or it isn't working. I tried it on a truck I found and there was still rubber on the wheels and it looked like it only hit a fence. So not too bad damage there. However - no luck with the kit. Anyone who used it and got it to work?

Edited by S3V3N

Btw, I keep forgetting to ask this, but was anyone able to use the tire repair kit? I've watched the video about it and removing car tires, yet my interaction was somewhat limited. First of all, I could only remove the front tires, but that may have been, because the back tires weren't damaged; my idea was to move the middle wheels to the front, in order to be able to drive again. Wasn't possible, because I could not get any other wheels off. 

The tire repair kit doesn't show options for me. So either the tires were too destroyed, or it isn't working. I tried it on a truck I found and there was still rubber on the wheels and it looked like it only hit a fence. So not too bad damage there. However - no luck with the kit. Anyone who used it and got it to work?

To repair a tyre you need to:

Remove the tyre from the truck

PLace it on the ground

Put the tyre repair kit in your hands

Look at the tyre and use scroll wheel

Select Repair Tyre

It will only work on tyres that have been damaged (worn, damaged or badly damaged), it wont work on ruined tyres

Edited by Mad Scientist
  • Like 1

Lol I just lost my pickaxe, walkie-talkie, longhorn, magnum, 2 barrel shotgun. My mace was lost first but when i logged back in it's again in my hands and the stuff I couldn't take in/off my hands from my inventory had disappeared. Best 15min DayZ experience :D

• Like 2

Neeed new push to stable ... Dying of impatience . Two months uns counting and all my other games are falling to pieces ... Dayz please hurry up so my friends will play again :) !

To repair a tyre you need to:

Remove the tyre from the truck

PLace it on the ground

Put the tyre repair kit in your hands

Look at the tyre and use scroll wheel

Select Repair Tyre

It will only work on tyres that have been damaged (worn, damaged or badly damaged), it wont work on ruined tyres

One problem is I can't find lug wrenches anymore. They used to be like candy after the update, but I think they and the jerry cans have some real issues with respawning at the moment. I haven't seen any in the past three days. And I've found plenty of tire kits and tires in the meantime, so they spawn normally.

I think before a push to stable the update needs a few hotfixes first. I'm enjoying this release a lot, but there are some bugs, especially with crafting and eating cooked food. It's amazing that persistance is working so far. Makes the game a lot more playable for me!

Edited by S3V3N

There is nothing I like more than stealing someone's truck right out from under them.  But, even I felt bad about this one.  SC02.  Only me and one other guy on the server.  He drives up into Lopatino and jumps out to get water.  Sees the police car and heads over to it.  I've already looted it, so I ran to his truck (he took the glowplug, but not the battery), insert my glowplug, and off I go.  only 2 people on the server.  That sucks.  

Still getting the holstering bug, but rarely anything else (very occasionally can't pick items up, but may be tied to my spamming of water fountains).

• Like 1

One problem is I can't find lug wrenches anymore. 

Haven't tried in about a week.  You need a lug wrench to remove tires now?

Haven't tried in about a week. You need a lug wrench to remove tires now?

That would be so freaking cool ... I really can't wait until we need all these things to repair a car : glow plug/ spark plug , gas , battery, lug wrench for tires, tires or tire repair kits , maybe some oil (?), tire Jack, a wrench also to do basic repairs to the engine ...✊

I have done exactly that moving the wheels from the middle axle to the front, there's just a really small target in the center of the wheel you have to aim for. The back tires seem harder to find it and if your having any lag or desync it's worse.

• Like 1

The weapon glitch must be realy hard to fix it takes a long time and still no update or any news when it will be ready.

I realy hope they can fix it soon and it won´t break something else in the next patch.

I realy like 0.58 had some fun with a guy who shoot me first when i was a newspawn i had only a hoe and a meat tenderizer.

I choosed the tenderizer and it was the right choice first kill with it was realy nice. :P

He had some decent gear so i was ready to go further in a realy short time.

I skinned his body but throw away the meat because i dont want to be a cannibal atm.

2015_08_15_00005.jpg

2015_08_15_00011.jpg

2015_08_15_00012.jpg

2015_08_15_00013.jpg

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 1

So, I was up by Grishino and this is what I found...

A whole 5 strong herd of cows! I was so shocked! Sorry if this isn't new but I was impressed! Never even seen animals up here, let alone 5 cows at once...6y5VcLm.jpg

• Like 4

I thought the 2 60rd and one 30rd cmags might be interesting, some people like that stuff. I'd just be happy if I could find a Blaze 95.

Shoots, I left a bunch of stuff in that truck I was sick of lugging around myself.  I'll stick with the AK, easy to find rounds for and makes me less likely to be bandit meat.  I'd just as soon KoS anyone I see first that is carrying an M4 or an AuG then stash those things at the bottom of a pond.

Gah typical - I write about jerrycans and lug wrenches being too rare and then I find them within the first 30 minutes of playing :)

Superfun day so far. The blue truck that was stuck on a fence and which I freed a couple of days ago is haunting me. First I had this incident with the two guys who shot at me and which I shot back better :) Then I parked that truck on the road for the next guy to take. Couple of days later I see it near the military base in Vybor. Fully equipped with the guy just heading up to the base I just looted. Nice drive home for me. I again parked it in the next village, free for anyone to take. Next time I see it parked south of Gorka, but without battery or spark plugs. Then I didn't see it for a day, but two days ago it is parked in Dolina with both front tires shred. Didn't have a wrench on me, but found a kit. Decided to come back the next day and remembered that trucks respawn in pristine condition after server restarts. So I took it to Berezino yesterday, was a bit nervous and at night and I hit a damn pole in the middle of nowhere that is barely visible. You could still see the truck from Berezino and the server is always full, so I wrote it off. However, I had the vehicle tent anyway, which I carried back to base and two camping tents, one of which I left in the truck. The other I build in town. I left battery and sparkplug too, because I thought someone would be happy enough to rep only two tires and go off with the blue truck.

When I returned for the camping tents today, I found them both still where I put them. I had trouble seing the one I placed near the firestation, because damn they look exactly like the fence when in pristine condition. And the truck - of course - was still there, still equipped with battery, sparks and tent and ready to go. So I took a drive back to base, put the truck in its big tent and set up the other tents. This blue truck is not leaving me and I am really superconfused why it always comes back to this area, because it is certainly going around the map. Might be one of many blue trucks, but for the sake of the story, let me have this ;)

Hmm, I guess this would have belonged in the "How was your Dayz" thread, but anyway - 0.58 is awesome in so many ways. Couple of bugs I learned to deal with and the shooting sucks balls right now, but as long as there is fun to be had, I'll be having it! Also trying something new with this tent. I split them up, so I have basically three camps now: 1 barrels, 1 cartent and camping tent, 1 camping tent. Couple of pictures of the camp here, too. Very basic, but the car tent is surprisingly hard to spot,compared to a blue truck at least ;) At the car tent I left this note as a social experiment:

2015-08-18_00016_zpssbs3hylv.jpg

2015-08-18_00014_zpsoacngiuy.jpg

2015-08-18_00012_zpsaayafndr.jpg

Can you see the tent?

2015-08-18_00009_zpsuifd18j4.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 5

The weapon glitch must be realy hard to fix it takes a long time and still no update or any news when it will be ready.

I realy hope they can fix it soon and it won´t break something else in the next patch.

I'm itching for the push to stable too, but IMO this auto-holstering wouldn't get a good response.

Most players are now running around with their guns drawn because auto-holster is working like ESP ... and who wants to be at a disadvantage?

Now, I'll get an auto-holster, then stop moving, look for quick cover and scan the area immediately - and I'm guessing that the nearby player is doing the exact same thing.

I usually play cautious, relying on awareness for my advantage - locating other players before they notice me - but that's kind of lost now.

Guns drawn changes how you approach other players too - there are a lot more bullets flying this week    B)

I hope they get it figured out soon.

• Like 3