kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I thought they said fog and the like were not possible/weren't going to be added until the new renderer came around? If that's the case, this further supports the theory I've had for about a month now that they have already begun implementing some part of the new renderer and haven't told us about it.

I suspect the same thing. If I remember correctly in one status report it said "new particle effects come with the renderer" and since .58 we suddenly have smoke from the chimneys, fire+smoke on a torch, and new flare particle effects.

On the other hand why should the devs "hide" that? Everybody and their mom are constantly asking for the new renderer so I don't know why they should start adding it without telling anybody.

Edited by bingo_fuel

I suspect the same thing. If I remember correctly in one status report it said "new particle effects come with the renderer" and since .58 we suddenly have smoke from the chimneys, fire+smoke on a torch, and new flare particle effects.

On the other hand why should the devs "hide" that? Everybody and their mom are constantly asking for the new renderer so I don't know why they should start adding it without telling anybody.

Well if it's being "tested" I doubt they want to bring attention to potential issues they are encountering. Our community tends to be a little harsh to imperfect features...

• Like 2

Can confirm, though for me I've found them in more than one building, but those buildings are always side-by-side. These screenshots were also in Novaya Petrovka I believe. Second one is just a zoomed view from the same spot as the first, showing the tents across on the other roof.

Yep that's the same Novaya Petrovka tenements where we found them.

That's not the same building that we saw the tents though, IMT and I found them in the building on the far right of your screenshot.

So I guess it varies from server to server or through cle magic.

The tenements at Novodmitrovsk took a lot more time to find the right tenement because there were so many more buildings to go through...

In retrospect it's probably more efficient to scan the rooftops from a distance and then go for the one with tents  :P

Can confirm, though for me I've found them in more than one building, but those buildings are always side-by-side. These screenshots were also in Novaya Petrovka I believe. Second one is just a zoomed view from the same spot as the first, showing the tents across on the other roof.

IUf1uxK.jpg

0gJv48v.jpg

Reminds me of how I found 4 axe in one of these:

land_shed_w01.jpg

The system seems to like spam some things in certain buildings.

Reminds me of how I found 4 axe in one of these:

land_shed_w01.jpg

The system seems to like spam some things in certain buildings.

Ya I spent the better part of 2 hours looking for a battery (truck). And finally found 3! in the same shed.

Have you even played the game in the past 6 months? bodies unfortunately despawn with a really low timer, like 5 minutes or so. They do stay around however if you stay in close proximity to them, for more than 2 hours actually.

I don't die often so it's never been an issue. Or if I do die, we usually have survivors.

Not really sure when the last time I played has anything to really do with the question. I'm not telling stories or asking questions about things that happened months ago obviously.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Had an unbelievably awesome couple of hours playing with Dudester and GaryWalnuts tonight. We decided to hop on one of the "special" servers running build 0.58.129061, specifically US NE 0-1. At times the ping was insanely high, but not most of the time (not sure why). We joined to see what might be different, and we were not disappointed although what we got isn't what we were expecting.

I got a question or two. Where can i find this 0.58.129061 servers and how can i play on one of them?

I only ask because they got a different Version but you can still join them?

I got a question or two. Where can i find this 0.58.129061 servers and how can i play on one of them?

I only ask because they got a different Version but you can still join them?

There were two as of last night (US NE 0-1 and 0-2... 3PP and 1PP respectively), but they were not up this morning when I checked and they aren't up right now either. They aren't "normal" Exp servers; I'm thinking they are used to test things outside the bounds of normal Experimental testing, hence the crazy weather conditions and more abundant zombies and animals. More than likely they only put them up when they need data for something, and I guess they must have gotten what they were looking for. Keep your eyes peeled.

As for the version thing: yes, you can join them without the same version number if they are compatible. When I looked at the "required version" of the server details, those two were listed as 0.58.128528, meaning almost any build of 0.58 probably would have been able to connect to them. The only catch is that your client is not as up-to-date, meaning the only benefits you will see are from the server itself.

• Like 1

nah I found 15 UMPs total, 4 or more AUGs, like 2 M4s total, a couple AK101s and lots of m4 attachments, ammo etc all at the airfield

(not to mention the masses of barrets, shovels, tactical shirts and vests)

also since I am OCD about that kind of stuff: you dont need any of that http://prntscr.com/85n5yk , you already have a tier1 gun.

really? At the military camp at the airfield? Unfortunately I was shot at the last hangar before it by two guys who thought I pose a huge danger to them with my CR75, heh. However, I found nothing in any of the hangars (only clothes), nothing in Vybor (more clothes) and nothing in Stary's Tents (been there twice within this week). I onlky found one (russian) helicrash so far. And guess what I found there? More clothes (Gorka style). So either it is all on the part of the airfield I didn't reach today, or I've just been incredibly unlucky.

Technically I don't need any weapons at this point. But I've never seen the UMP ingame and only briefly used the Winchester in stable (awesome rifle!). Also, I have two mags for the CR527, a Kashtan and 2 hunting scopes I can't use now. So I'm keen on trying them out, just to see how they have improved and what the handling is like. I fully expect to lose either weapon anyway, du to the gun glitch. At the moment I usually just carry a pistol with me when I go looting to avoid that. It was funny at the airport when these guys couldn't shoot me, because we were constantly putting our guns away ^^ I just should not have tried to talk/ negotiate with them. I don't understand why everyone is so keen on killing each other. I told them I had nothing and they could search me, but still they just killed me. Well, they got my 9 pristine diarhea pills and a silenced CR75. A life in dayz should be worth more. I spawned perfectly though. Sometimes getting killed is just saving you a long walk back to camp ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Well today was a good day looting. Found everything needed to drive a truck...if only I could find one lol

Also came across my first world container today.

2015-08-17_00001_zpscwzpcstv.jpg

I know it's not the first they have been spotted, but just excited to finally find one.

2015-08-17_00002_zpslryclda8.jpg

Also, thought this bug was squashed...

2015-08-05_00001_zpsmjiyrabw.jpg

Also the fridge is "moveable" albeit very tricky, and slowly...

Edited: Added spoilers for pics ;)

Edited by hrdrok
  • Like 1

Excellent!  I've also encountered that fog around Zelen over a few weeks now on and off.  Those dark clouds are menacing when you're alone in the woods, aren't hey?  And that pouring rain, that is all you hear, just pounding, sometimes for hours on end.  As for the thunder, I could hear it also, way way north.

Though I can't  stop thinking about having to deal with infected in those conditions... cranking up that horror level to 10!  Btw, is it safe to assume that infected won't be able breach a tent when things are working as planned?

~snip~

We made our way south from the northwestern area down through western Chernarus, ending at Pustoshka. We encountered varying levels of thick, heavy fog that kept visibility to an absolute minimum. We were very thankful for our raincoats not only for keeping us dry, but just so we could keep track of each other!  :o All in all we were able to stay in good health and travel a fair distance in the face of crazy weather conditions. I loved it! More please!!

I'll share a few highlight photos below, but the whole album of the evening can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/feGuA

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

Has anyone found any ump45 mags? i have checked the NW airfield a few times and i checked the myshkino tents a few times and i still haven't seen any around are people just grabbing all the ump mags that they find i guess?  :huh:

I have a few. two from mysh, and a couple from nwaf in the past couple days. I typically take every mag. I come across, hoping to keep those rounds out of my butt. (that sounded quite odd btw).  Also, finding loose or boxed .45 ACP rounds has been difficult as of late, for me anyways.

Has anyone found any ump45 mags? i have checked the NW airfield a few times and i checked the myshkino tents a few times and i still haven't seen any around are people just grabbing all the ump mags that they find i guess?  :huh:

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

Speaking of difficult to find / rare items.  I ran across my first B95 snap loader this past week.  I know it was mentioned a while back but here's a pic.

yNSZKbz.jpg

I have a few. two from mysh, and a couple from nwaf in the past couple days. I typically take every mag. I come across, hoping to keep those rounds out of my butt. (that sounded quite odd btw).  Also, finding loose or boxed .45 ACP rounds has been difficult as of late, for me anyways.

Found loose and boxed .45 at us heli crshes

Speaking of difficult to find / rare items.  I ran across my first B95 snap loader this past week.  I know it was mentioned a while back but here's a pic.

yNSZKbz.jpg

I haven't seen a blaze in forever.

Wow, on SNG 0-2 I found a pristine truck battery today.  I didn't even think such a thing existed.  I have seen the snap loaders that Tatanko mentioned and they do sport the correct ammo for the blaze.  I just have no use for either.  I have 8 mags for the 1911 and 25 loose rounds, 5 mags for the AK74 and 90 loose rounds.  How the hell I lived long enough to get 8x 1911 mags I'll never know..   Still moving on the fringes..

Seriously, we need a good update for zeds and animals plus a wipe on experimental.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Wow, on SNG 0-2 I found a pristine truck battery today. I didn't even think such a thing existed. I have seen the snap loaders that Tatanko mentioned and they do sport the correct ammo for the blaze. I just have no use for either. I have 8 mags for the 1911 and 25 loose rounds, 5 mags for the AK74 and 90 loose rounds. How the hell I lived long enough to get 8x 1911 mags I'll never know.. Still moving on the fringes..

Seriously, we need a good update for zeds and animals plus a wipe on experimental.

Do you need any cmags? The green truck from the other night was alive and we'll when I last checked and has some in it. I can tell you where I stashed it if you want.

• Like 1

I saw several ump mags last night at tent city out west. They were all empty, so they may have been dropped there near a truck and a couple in a tent. The place I saw them before that was in the new barracks that you can enter, like in NW airfield, there are like 6 of those barracks and the ump mags were under the floor and could only be seen with a ground search and walk thru the place searching at the ends of the beds.

Did a quick forum search looking for comments on barrels and creating a fire in one. Apparently I have no patience this evening to read through the highlighted comments.  The question is, what is the current state crafting a fire in a barrel?  Any difference than creating other fires / kits?  Are there any noticeable reasons to do so?  Guess I'll just go check it out, thinking out loud here... 

I've been looking for someone to traverse the rock ledges up north, just east of Tisy, to see if a tent can be deployed out of sight and out of harms way...  Might help with that wipe, so to speak? 

~snip~

Seriously, we need a good update for zeds and animals plus a wipe on experimental.

• Like 1

Also, thought this bug was squashed...

2015-08-05_00001_zpsmjiyrabw.jpg

Also the fridge is "moveable" albeit very tricky, and slowly...

I'd like to know how you are moving the fridge. At the factory near Polana they spawn in sick amounts. I went there today and counted 4 on one heap and three on another. I can't move them and the only interaction I get is to put something inside. Would be really interested to move one of the "Minge Fridges" ;)

The barrel thing you encounter might not have been from a spawn, but maybe someone threw it? Stuff often gets stuck in mid air for me when I throw it. Or it disappears somewhere in a lagging fashion. However, who would throw a barrel and why? I guess in this particular spot the barrel spawn is still bugged. I always find them standing on the ground, so far. 

What is this bug with items at the moment? I'm holding everything as if it is a weapon on logout. 

2015-08-18_00004_zpshizkm84r.jpg

---

I've experienced what I will call the COD-Paradox again today. I always read comments about how Dayz is not COD, yet 90% of the players I meet play exactly, like all they need is kill. When did it start in Dayz that whenever you meet two people, they will shout "friendly, friendly", then one tries to engage you in a conversation, while the other tries to aim for your head and blow it off? I've had this happen today, was suspicious from the start and kept moving around. When the guy who said "I'm not gonna shoot you" started shooting at me, his buddy move in to melee me. I would have totally shot both of these total tools, if I would not have put the Magnum away five times in a row... I had firefights with other weapons and none was as glitched as the Magnum. I could only squeeze out one shot without any chance to aim first, because half a second later, my char would put the pistol away again. 

In retrospect, I should have just run away, but I was not prepared for this massive glitchedness of the Magnum. It is either that, or the bug is getting worse. Because in an earlier fight at the airfield today we were also just facing each other pulling out and putting our guns away. Which was hilarious for a while. 

At the very end of the fight today, I pulled my crossbow and found out it doesn't have these problems. I could reload once without putting it down or dropping it. Then the melee guy finally landed a hit knocking me unconscious. I still think it is idiotic that we completely stop dead while changing weapons. Bug ridden day for me, but I didn't lose much, except some fancy clothes and two pistols. I found more on the way back to my base :)

However, I really hate this pretending to be friendly. It's simply childish. Either come at me bro, or try and have a chat. These people are ruining the game with their idiotic behaviour, because on the long run I will start shooting at everything on first sight. That's not how I wanna play Dayz at all, but fake friendlies and "not-gonna-shoot-you's" leave us no other choice. Who started this shit anyway? I don't recall this happening in the mod. And I like a good gunfight! Just leave the sneaky cowardice out of it!

After respawn I ran through every apartment building in Cherno, because the smaller tenements are supposed to spawn tents. I found exactly 0 tents, and I fucking hate running through these apartments anyway. So I'd like to know if anyone found tents in Cherno and in the smaller apartment blocks in particular. Nothing there for me. I prefer the barrels anyway, but wanted to find a vehicle tent to check it out. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

I'd like to know how you are moving the fridge. At the factory near Polana they spawn in sick amounts. I went there today and counted 4 on one heap and three on another. I can't move them and the only interaction I get is to put something inside. Would be really interested to move one of the "Minge Fridges" ;)

The fridge moved for me while place an object in it, then moving the object to my inventory. You can see in my 2 pictures of it that it moved forward 3 feet or so. It's glitchy for sure. 

• Like 1

@Seven sometimes the glitch will freak out completely on individuals causing them to CONSTANTLY put their gun away, you literally cant hold it for 1 second. had this happen to myself a couple of times in the mdidle of the airfield, thank god I am with company at all times. only fix is reconnect. goddamnit.

• Like 1

Alright I perfected the moving of the fridge.

Drag fridge out of inventory screen and drop it like below.

2015-08-17_00003_zpsmybai5fm.jpg

Then place an item into the fridge, and it will move. I haven't work on getting it to move as desired, just get it to move this way.

Let me know if you get it anywhere interesting :P

Edited by hrdrok

Alright I perfected the moving of the fridge.

Let me know if you get it anywhere interesting :P

Hey, thanks for the instructions. I logged off for tonight, but I'll make sure to try tomorrow! I'll post some images if I can drag it anywhere interesting. It would be nice, if there was a way to get it into a truck. Seems like it could work with your trick! But if there is anyway to move it at all, I'm already excited about building a wall of fridges :) What a roadblock! 

• Like 1