kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I was getting quite a few gun to shoulder glitches and I type "Hi, anyone seeing this? I just got the gun to shoulder glitch and I suppose someone is near?" No response every time. I was sneaking through tent city and same thing and no response. It was the 4th time in 20 minutes, so I ran off the map west, over two mountains and stood in no where for about an hour while I did a few things around the house and kept checking my character and the rifle was still in his hands. Meanwhile across the map on my 1pp character, I completely looted an area and I mean nothing left except 2 wool coats and came back after my 3pp experiment and the place was restocked mostly. Now that character has 4 orange backpacks...barf.

Edited by Excanto

Well of course I have lol , it's only happened to me twice , I'm guessing those double carrying are having more trouble ? ;) but regardless It only takes a few hours to push a patch our way so if they can push out another exp patch with the fix or just send the fix straight to stable (doubtful) we will be up and ready for .58 stable in no time , after all its been getting blocjed for over a month now , I'm sure the devs are ready to eradicate this bug and I'm pretty sure they have already made progress , so don't lose faith just yet haha ...

I haven't double carried in ages unless you consider carrying a SMG inside a pack along with a rifle. There's a problem with that, like I mentioned in a previous post, because if you have the rifle on your shoulder and the SMG in hand, he will try to put the SMG on the shoulder instead of the empty slots in your inventory, causing it to drop on the ground.

I've got plenty of faith, I'd rather them hold off until they get this bug lined out before it's pushed to stable.

_____

Side note for those of you who garden, when there are bugs on the plants, the white looking things, you can use the disinfectant spray to kill them. Supposedly you could mix water and the spray to make bug spray but that doesn't work. The disinfectant spray straight on the plants works fine. No more spoiled crops!

• Like 4

-Snip-  No issue with putting the protective cases or frying pans in barrels.  Just the cooking pot for some reason.  I got a pic here somewhere...

But what I meant was you cannot put the cooking pot into the barrels. Probably no containers at all can be put into the barrels, not really sure, because my five barrels are full ^^. So I can't test with my protective cases.

Appears not to affect pistols, though ymmv.  I just have not experienced it with a pistol in-hand.

Well of course I have lol , it's only happened to me twice , I'm guessing those double carrying are having more trouble ? ;) but regardless It only takes a few hours to push a patch our way so if they can push out another exp patch with the fix or just send the fix straight to stable (doubtful) we will be up and ready for .58 stable in no time , after all its been getting blocjed for over a month now , I'm sure the devs are ready to eradicate this bug and I'm pretty sure they have already made progress , so don't lose faith just yet haha ...

Appears not to affect pistols, though ymmv.  I just have not experienced it with a pistol in-hand.

It happens with anything in your hand. It just happened multiple times while I was carrying a barrel. It happened while I was carrying a truck battery as well. Well I can't confirm a pistol since you run slow as hell while running with a pistol heh.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

What the fuck is wrong with loot at vehicle wrecks btw? Not even jeeps or truck spawn anything. Do only dynamic police cars spawn shit?

All that's being talked is loot distribution and still you take vehicles out of the equation? I thought loot explosions only happened at guardhouses?

Also, the small military towers don't spawn anything anymore, as does a lot of stuff.

Edited by VVarhead

It's the new awesomeness...actually have to seek, versus expect.

What the fuck is wrong with loot at vehicle wrecks btw? Not even jeeps or truck spawn anything. Do only dynamic police cars spawn shit?

All that's being talked is loot distribution and still you take vehicles out of the equation? I thought loot explosions only happened at guardhouses?

Also, the small military towers don't spawn anything anymore, as does a lot of stuff.

• Like 2

Yeah, they said that vehicles would not spawn anything, which holds true only for military vehicles as far as I can tell. The civilian vehicles often spawn minor items, even though they are probably not even supposed to. What puzzles me sometimes is finding the same kind of item whereever I look. For example, on all the hunting stands I checked today I found either the same pairs of trousers or a splitting axe. Found at least 4 axes there. A few days ago, I mainly found scopes, which is what I'm looking for now, too. Nowhere else to find them, it seems...

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Have you tried taking you boots off to hurt your feet?

That resets some bugged statuses.

I tried that and nope, still sick.

I think I'm going to set this tent up with most my gear while waiting for the truck's gas tank to reset. Then a straight right to Svetlojask were I'll die and hopefully respawn near.

• Like 1

On a side note does anyone know how to get ride of nausea in this patch? I thought that I had thoroughly cooked these deer steaks up and they ended up making me sick. I drank a ton of water to cause myself to puke three times and I'm still getting the notification!

I got sick from properly cook deer in this build. I was able to overcome the sickness, but it did take quite sometime. This was a while ago, but I remember just sitting down and leaving my desktop for around 2 hours. I would periodically check back, I was healthy hydrated and energized when i came down sick, I had 2 full PET bottles while waiting it out. Puked once, and when it was over had no statuses. Once my body temp started to come down, I knew the worst was over.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 2

Still not getting server restart warnings on US-SC-05.

Edit:

Garden plots are still not persistent after server restarts.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 2

Thinking you're not one that can wait in a line, are you?  Really, you posted at 8:01 PM? 

Still not getting server restart warnings on US-SC-05.

Thinking you're not one that can wait in a line, are you?  Really, you posted at 8:01 PM? 

Posted about it awhile back, it's the first time I've noticed that they weren't working again. Someone mentioned after I posted originally that they weren't having issues.

No big deal I know since they are 12hr restarts but are we not going to mention things that aren't working anymore? Granted I haven't checked feedback thing to see if it's been brought up properly.

I don't constantly look at my watch while playing, so I appreciate the warnings.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

No worries, there has been some variability in resets is all.  The other morning I had planned a run knowing how much time I thought I had, server reset like 12 minutes early.  Not good with your backside hanging out in the open.

Posted about it awhile back, it's the first time I've noticed that they weren't working again. Someone mentioned after I posted originally that they weren't having issues.

No big deal I know since they are 12hr restarts but are we not going to mention things that aren't working anymore? Granted I haven't checked feedback thing to see if it's been brought up properly.

I don't constantly look at my watch while playing, so I appreciate the warnings.

So I've looked high and low for a tent the past few days with zero results.  Checked every shed, shack, house, apt. barn, etc. across the map, but nothing.  It's dark out, spitting rain again, I'm in one of the larger cities, which I loathe. Off in the distance I see a speck, smack dab in the middle of the road, at an intersection no less.  Hmmm... kinda, looks like a motorcycle helmet, better yet, probably a trap. I turn to leave, then second guess myself and proceed to checkout said speck.  Low and behold, in the middle of the city street at the intersection, a shiny (damaged actually) large military tent, just sitting there all by itself.  Really, seriously I thought?  Looking around and waiting for the hell-fire of bullets to rain down.  I paused, found a place to dump my backpack, and whatcha know, I finally have a tent.

Now the conundrum, probably an exp. patch tomorrow, thinking I'll just sleep with my tent tonight, as a pillow.

• Like 3

I logged out last night, overheating, after freezing the day before.  The overheating carried on all day today, with walking, sitting, whatever, seemingly to have little impact.  I grew impatient and kept up my normal pace, just waiting to drop dead.  On the way back out from my camp, I come across a small pond.  I thought, hey, let's see if I can cool off sitting in the pond.  Long story short, yes, it helps a bunch, but it takes a lot longer than I would have suspected.  Some pics. below, notice the lower left messages.

Rolling in the Deep...
Edited by Super_Duty

So I've looked high and low for a tent the past few days with zero results.  Checked every shed, shack, house, apt. barn, etc. across the map, but nothing.  It's dark out, spitting rain again, I'm in one of the larger cities, which I loathe. Off in the distance I see a speck, smack dab in the middle of the road, at an intersection no less.  Hmmm... kinda, looks like a motorcycle helmet, better yet, probably a trap. I turn to leave, then second guess myself and proceed to checkout said speck.  Low and behold, in the middle of the city street at the intersection, a shiny (damaged actually) large military tent, just sitting there all by itself.  Really, seriously I thought?  Looking around and waiting for the hell-fire of bullets to rain down.  I paused, found a place to dump my backpack, and whatcha know, I finally have a tent.

Now the conundrum, probably an exp. patch tomorrow, thinking I'll just sleep with my tent tonight, as a pillow.

I wonder if regular tents are back in the apartment buildings like they ages ago. Gratz on a super tent. ps your next post is missing the pic.

I logged out last night, overheating, after freezing the day before.  The overheating carried on all day today, with walking, sitting, whatever, seemingly to have little impact.  I grew impatient and kept up my normal pace, just waiting to drop dead.  On the way back out from my camp, I come across a small pond.  I thought, hey, let's see if I can cool off sitting in the pond.  Long story short, yes, it helps a bunch, but it takes a lot longer than I would have suspected.  Some pics. below, notice the lower left messages.

No image in your spoiler tags, we play on the same server and I've been hot to overheating in the central and west but was running cold earlier on when I was hanging around in the south east. If I log in tonite I might make my way back there and see if it's regional or changes over time.

I believe there is a temperature gradient in affect to some degree NS vs EW.  But on reset, all bets are off as to what your going to have to deal with. 

No image in your spoiler tags, we play on the same server and I've been hot to overheating in the central and west but was running cold earlier on when I was hanging around in the south east. If I log in tonite I might make my way back there and see if it's regional or changes over time.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I sat down in the bush and stripped neked to see how dramatic the affect was, had gear all around me. I'd been curious how water, in this case the pond, would affect body temp.  Not nearly as dramatic as I expected, much slower.  But in the end, getting to drenched status, (which took a while and seemed odd considering I was under water), returned me to just being wet, vs. overheating or hot. 

Oh and it looks like you get about 30 seconds before the first warning about being out of 02.  I didn't test fate to see how long I could stay under water though.  Maybe next time.   

Try removing your hat, balaclava and gloves. Headgear makes a big difference.

• Like 1

Had an unbelievably awesome couple of hours playing with Dudester and GaryWalnuts tonight. We decided to hop on one of the "special" servers running build 0.58.129061, specifically US NE 0-1. At times the ping was insanely high, but not most of the time (not sure why). We joined to see what might be different, and we were not disappointed although what we got isn't what we were expecting.

Initially, I just wanted to test whether or not cooked meat still made you sick on those servers -- it does. Fair enough, just checking. Took some charcoal tabs and that was that. Gary came in serenading Dudester and I with tales of increased zombies and better behaving wildlife on this server, so we decide to stick around despite some very rainy weather. We search the nearest town for raincoats, and come up with the three brightest colors we could have possibly found. Little did we know that would come in handy later.

We made our way south from the northwestern area down through western Chernarus, ending at Pustoshka. We encountered varying levels of thick, heavy fog that kept visibility to an absolute minimum. We were very thankful for our raincoats not only for keeping us dry, but just so we could keep track of each other!  :o All in all we were able to stay in good health and travel a fair distance in the face of crazy weather conditions. I loved it! More please!!

I'll share a few highlight photos below, but the whole album of the evening can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/feGuA

7Jlct5p.jpg

rWfBqHC.jpg

BY65lU7.jpg

NENfQgZ.jpg

Animated GIF of Gary "lighting" the frying pan with his magic wand  :lol:

VdHlq5g.gif

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 10

-snip-

It was a really fun run, the "bad" weather was unbelievable!  

Night, rain, heavy fog and a few thunder claps off in the distance.

It would clear up for a few minutes then get bad again and cycle like that.

And the visibility was terrible, I had to pull out my compass a few times in what is normally familiar territory.

A great experience.  If they had a "crappy weather server" I would set up camp there.

• Like 7