kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

So if I try to pick it up by double clicking it and it does not show in my inventory, I'll grab the item with a mouse and try to put it in my inventory via the inventory screen, if that fails I'll grab it with the mouse and move it into my hands on the inventory screen and then x it out to put it into inventory.  But, there are some items, hats and such, that will not go into your hands box. Sometimes, I've put my can opener or knife in hand and used that to open a can that just refuses to budge no matter what I do..

Hmmm....

Are you having no problems on the three pop servers?

Well ANOTHER Cherno spawn but it worked out for a fun little experiment. I joined one of the  xxxx61 servers and wrangled up a couple twins and their friends. Had them following me around but noticed they stopped in the intersection next to police station. The only way they'd agro on me was if I went within about 10 feet. So we had a family meeting...

2015-08-13_00001.jpg

So we headed out to Elektro together on a little family vacation, meanwhile picking up a soldier on the way.  I noticed that a couple of them couldn't stay up on the bridge but clipped through...

2015-08-13_00003.jpg

I had to stay pretty close or they'd lose interest in me. They really do move slowly. Jogging was outrunning them.  Eventually I had them trained pretty well and had them choreograph dancing to Thriller by Michael Jackson. For some reason they really like that song...

2015-08-13_00010.jpg

We eventually made it to Elektro and did some behavior studies in the town square. I could once again get them to stand still in the road while close to them but if I moved a couple steps to the right or tried running into the police station, they'd follow. Another odd thing was when i hid outside of the wall around the red house next to police station, they'd go inside the the wall and try to hit me through it. Also, you can't lock them in buildings yet. I tried at the fire station.

Then things went haywire as a player came along wondering what the heck I was doing. He decided to attack me with his hoe so I led him into my pack of kids, yelling "GET HIM KIDS" to which I eventually knocked him out with a sharpened stick. Then his 4 buddies came to avenge him and I knocked all of them out except one who ran away and I let the "kids" finish them off while they were on the ground. 

It was the most fun I've had in DayZ in a long time. DON"T MESS WITH ME AND MY "KIDS"! lol.

P.S. I really have to get some video recording set up. It was quite the interaction with those 5 guys at the end.

Edited by eyecon
  • Like 12

It seems as though this weapon disappearing is happening due to the old ammo bug : I had a repeater rifle and a magnum , my magnum had no speed loaders or ammo in it , loaded the repeater with 11 rounds and after realixed there was a "glitched round"of .357 that had no number indicating it's amount .. so I tried loading it into the repeater to no avail so I rigjt clicked it and it had an option to "eject" (This was me right clicking the ammo that wasn't even in a gun !) and the number finally showed up on the bottom right .. I then loaded that stack that was glitched into my repeater and exited my inventory. I then saw for some reason , a context option to reload the repeater with a speed loader and I thought that was strange so I did it and it ended up switching to my magnum and making my repeater "go to my back"'but really it just disappeared . I checked everywhere around where this happened and no gun ! So maybe the disappearing gun glitch is caused by using two guns that share the same ammo , or at least when you glitch bullets and try to load them into a gun ...

Great exp update guys, worse desync in a long time "worse than 0.57". And bugs up the ying yang. Do some internal testing before you absolutely ruin the spirit built up in the community from a previously extremely bright experimental patch that could have turned the tables. Superb work. And the worst part is. It's now the 14th of august, I guess we will have another 2 month gap between stable updates again because god forbid there is an update DURING a month and not at the end. Ready or not, end of the month is when the update comes.

For the admins, this is criticism. Aka totally acceptable. So take your finger off that delete button.

Well ANOTHER Cherno spawn but it worked out for a fun little experiment. I joined one of the  xxxx61 servers and wrangled up a couple twins and their friends. Had them following me around but noticed they stopped in the intersection next to police station. The only way they'd agro on me was if I went within about 10 feet. So we had a family meeting...

2015-08-13_00001.jpg

So we headed out to Elektro together on a little family vacation, meanwhile picking up a soldier on the way.  I noticed that a couple of them couldn't stay up on the bridge but clipped through...

2015-08-13_00003.jpg

I had to stay pretty close or they'd lose interest in me. They really do move slowly. Jogging was outrunning them.  Eventually I had them trained pretty well and had them choreograph dancing to Thriller by Michael Jackson. For some reason they really like that song...

2015-08-13_00010.jpg

We eventually made it to Elektro and did some behavior studies in the town square. I could once again get them to stand still in the road while close to them but if I moved a couple steps to the right or tried running into the police station, they'd follow. Another odd thing was when i hid outside of the wall around the red house next to police station, they'd go inside the the wall and try to hit me through it. Also, you can't lock them in buildings yet. I tried at the fire station.

Then things went haywire as a player came along wondering what the heck I was doing. He decided to attack me with his hoe so I led him into my pack of kids, yelling "GET HIM KIDS" to which I eventually knocked him out with a sharpened stick. Then his 4 buddies came to avenge him and I knocked all of them out except one who ran away and I let the "kids" finish them off while they were on the ground. 

It was the most fun I've had in DayZ in a long time. DON"T MESS WITH ME AND MY "KIDS"! lol.

P.S. I really have to get some video recording set up. It was quite the interaction with those 5 guys at the end.

Wild ) The reasons I upgraded my video card to a gtx 960 was of course the wildly fast video performance and shadowplay, which lets me turn on in game recording which looks very nice and also the record the last so many minutes button, in case something happens and I want it on film, it's like a DVR. I suppose to get a screenshot with shadowplay, I could just watch the video and pause it and do a screenshot there.

• Like 1

Great exp update guys, worse desync in a long time "worse than 0.57". And bugs up the ying yang. Do some internal testing before you absolutely ruin the spirit built up in the community from a previously extremely bright experimental patch that could have turned the tables. Superb work. And the worst part is. It's now the 14th of august, I guess we will have another 2 month gap between stable updates again because god forbid there is an update DURING a month and not at the end. Ready or not, end of the month is when the update comes.

For the admins, this is criticism. Aka totally acceptable. So take your finger off that delete button.

I personally do not care how long it is between stable patches.  IMO, the devs can take all the time they need to get whatever bugs worked out for a "proper" stable release.  If it's 2 months between stable patches, so be it.. So long as the stable patch is just that.. stable.  :)  Unexpected bugs that pop up during these experimental updates are going to happen, and you really just should accept that as part of the game progress and development.  It's just a given..

So yeah, your criticism is acceptable, of course.. Everyone is entitled to express their feeling of the "State of the game".  Just a little patience is also due when the unexpected happens.. We will get this patch, hopefully sooner than later.. but we will get it, when it's ready.  

• Like 1

One thing that I love about the rain is how awesome it is to find a raincoat. Even if it is blue and sticks out like a sore thumb. I am running around in the pouring rain and cozy and warm and checking all kinds of buildings and others are huddled/jammed against a tree waiting for it to stop raining, damp or worse and cold and getting worse and watching their fireplace say "Can't light that here it is unsafe" It would be safer for you to freeze to death, I'm helping you by not letting you light me :-) Or the you can't light the fire because the rain put it out. I haven't had any fires vanish on me, but I guess that would suck too. Now the most awesome thing to find is just like in real in the same situation, a real nice jacket. The weather is a killer. I found a ak101, no mags, so I opted for the sks with three 10 round clips and a worn pu scope. Then I found a gorka jacket and ruined my sewing kit to get it to worn status. Now I can lay prone in the rain and crawl along the ridge with my binoculars, scouting for game and having a snack without worrying about freezing to death. I took my jacket/pants/gloves/boots setup to Canada about 300 miles north of Toronto in the winter to visit a friend and a local died in their car because they didn't have a candle to keep the air from freezing their blood in their lungs. I went for a walk down this country road at 25 below and she thought I was a dead man. Went and had a beer and bought some smokes in town and walked back. Good gear is the difference between life and death. FYI I found the jacket at tent city out west. Feel free to go collect my blue raincoat :-)

• Like 1

Yeah, using zombies to kill other players, or distract them should be one of main things in big cities. I saw YT video where guy atacked freshspawn in Kamy, and freshie lured him to small house where 4 zeds beat the shit out of him because he shot at them. They continued to beat him and freshie got out easily.

I dont know if it was mentioned here in the forum, but if you cant pick up an item inside a house, try to open and close a door. This worked for me...

I dont know if it was mentioned here in the forum, but if you cant pick up an item inside a house, try to open and close a door. This worked for me...

Cool! Definitely gonna try that out. I had luck with picking up items in the vicinity and then taking the one in question. But as someone pointed out - sometimes there is nothing in the vicinity and you still can't pick something up. Doors might do the trick.

Man, this game engine is really doing random stuff sometimes :) It would be hilarious, if it weren't so annoying. 

No news about anything....No status report....I hate this!!!

Eugen said - "I`ll announce the next experimental when were done."

so, chill out dude :D

Edited by semrohatej

Eugen said - "I`ll announce the next experimental when were done."

so, chill out dude :D

Cannot comply! I need my daily dose of DayZ drug!!

Theres even no trello stuff for days....

Edited by igor-vk

Still haven't seen a single zombie in dozens of hours playing experimental... all the while meeting players who claimed they've seen them. Any tips on finding these sneaky exp zombies?

BTW I love .58 so far. It's often difficult to find other players on the coast on full servers, and finding plenty of players up north. So weird and new!

So, infected wounds are now contagious...

A mate accidentally stitched his wounds with a sewing kit and his wounds got infected. Spent ages looking for alcohol tincture with no luck. Tried vitamins, charcoal tabs, antibiotics, eating and drinking until you vomit..nothing worked and he died unfortunately.we grabbed his stuff of his body and took it back to camp, grabbed the truck and went and picked him up. He got his gear back and everything was fine.

So today, I needed a drink and grabbed a bottle from camp...bam...get the message my wounds are infected. Hadn't been shot since the night before and had played for maybe 5 hours since then with no issues. Realised the water bottle was one of my mates that he had left before we went searching for tincture.

So, same thing again, dropped all my gear at camp and went searching for tincture...tried everything and eventually got the green message, my wounds have healed, thought awesome, grabbed my gear and about 2 minutes later I start getting the message my wounds are infected...took the cowards way out and committed suicide.

Not sure what gave it to me the second time, but I did eat some spare food I had scrounged while looking for the tincture after I had got better...going to respawn and see if my gear is contaminated...

• Like 1

PSA: In case you guys didnt know, since 57 all containers now protect your stuff. So grab those cooking pots and frying pans because they act as protector cases, keeping everything inside pristine even if you get hammered by bullets.

edit: Sorry James.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

Main thing I've been experiencing is slow response with moving / shuffling around equipment. Sometimes multiple attempts are required to put an item in hand, or drop one.  I've seen 10 second delays at times.  No issues double carrying, I've climbed tree stands, letting my in-hand weapon drop to the ground, had no issues picking it back up on the way back down, and I've not encountered any item loss. 

The response issue can be problematic as you're not sure if the action was selected/executed or not.  This results in spamming the keys which I've concluded makes things worse.  I think this might be contributing to some of the reports of not being able pick up items as the state of the item unknown. Meaning, the backend is seeing multiple requests, (drop, pickup, drop, pickup) resulting in the delay.

Other than that, just the normal stuff, like minor stutter when others join the server, occasional de-sync, but very limited.  Ping is a bit high, but that is to be expected given the location.

Are you having no problems on the three pop servers?

I've been only playing EXP for the past month or two and I'm wanting to know what the best way to team up with a group that won't kill you.  I was expecting that on EXP servers there would be a lot less KOS and more testing the functioning of the build.  Still, everyone (and I do mean everyone) is killing on sight.  My first reaction when I see someone is to run the other way and yet they still try to shoot me in the back. 

For the past three days I've been camping up north in a truck because I can't find a tent.  I think I'm craving interaction with other players, just not looking for trading bullets.  Piss poor frame rates and desync puts me at an unfair disadvantage.

servers are offline, next update possibly comes  :)

but still not fresh activity on SteamDB and no info from twitter  :(

Edited by semrohatej

Cool! Definitely gonna try that out. I had luck with picking up items in the vicinity and then taking the one in question. But as someone pointed out - sometimes there is nothing in the vicinity and you still can't pick something up. Doors might do the trick.

Man, this game engine is really doing random stuff sometimes :) It would be hilarious, if it weren't so annoying. 

And always I had this problem, that I cant pick up an item, the door was visually open but the icon, wich appears if I hover over the door, said "open door". There is a thread on reddit about it. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3g3wjk/psa_if_you_cant_pick_up_lootclose_the_door/

just tried it! works fine!!! thank you sir

edit: exp servers down? :(

Edited by NWGJulian

Wild ) The reasons I upgraded my video card to a gtx 960 was of course the wildly fast video performance and shadowplay, which lets me turn on in game recording which looks very nice and also the record the last so many minutes button, in case something happens and I want it on film, it's like a DVR. I suppose to get a screenshot with shadowplay, I could just watch the video and pause it and do a screenshot there.

Yeah, I've been wanting to try Shadowplay. I think NVIA's site said mine (GT650M 1gb) was compatible and allowed me to download it but I didn't yet. My problem is I play on a Macbook Pro and my Windows partition only has about 30gb free space (100gb partition on the SSD). I'm not sure if Shadowplay works well with external drives and how much it'd lag my system in game. I could upgrade the crap out of my Mac Pro tower but will someday just build a stellar Win PC.

Yeah, using zombies to kill other players, or distract them should be one of main things in big cities. I saw YT video where guy atacked freshspawn in Kamy, and freshie lured him to small house where 4 zeds beat the shit out of him because he shot at them. They continued to beat him and freshie got out easily.

It really is effective at distracting, suppression, and confusion in other players. I saw a stream a while back where they wrangled up a hoard and led them into a crew with automatic weapons in the hospital  causing havoc and confusion. They panicked not knowing what to do.

Still haven't seen a single zombie in dozens of hours playing experimental... all the while meeting players who claimed they've seen them. Any tips on finding these sneaky exp zombies?

BTW I love .58 so far. It's often difficult to find other players on the coast on full servers, and finding plenty of players up north. So weird and new!

There are a couple exp servers with the version number ending in 61 that have infected. There were a few in Cherno of which I wrangled and recruited 5 of the 7 I saw.

• Like 1