kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Just went down moments ago.  There's a comment in Dev Tracker that an update for exp. was in the works.

I`ll announce the next experimental when were done.

9:06 AM - 13 Aug 2015

The weapon glitching fix and hand slot issues are still blocking us from releasing stable. Trying to get them fixed.

edit: exp servers down? :(

Edited by Super_Duty

I've been only playing EXP for the past month or two and I'm wanting to know what the best way to team up with a group that won't kill you.  I was expecting that on EXP servers there would be a lot less KOS and more testing the functioning of the build.  Still, everyone (and I do mean everyone) is killing on sight.  My first reaction when I see someone is to run the other way and yet they still try to shoot me in the back. 

For the past three days I've been camping up north in a truck because I can't find a tent.  I think I'm craving interaction with other players, just not looking for trading bullets.  Piss poor frame rates and desync puts me at an unfair disadvantage.

It used to be that way but with .57 being on stable for so long and being so buggy, it seems a lot more players are coming over to experimental. With a lot more players, you get a proportionate amount of small minds who have no interest in experimenting or testing. On the positive side, they don't seem to mind putting in "work" to get their firearms. 

This wepons bug is annoying me. I went to Berezino, backtracking in order to find a crossbow I left there two days ago. Of course it wasn't there any more. However, I lost both, my shotgun and the P1 due to the weapon glitch within a minute. Luckily, I still carried a 1911, but this problem has to go. I have to log off and on again in the most dangerous places, just to check what is going on in my inventory. 

However, today is scope day! It seems that every hunting stand spawns at least one scope today! I have two pristine LRS and a worn PU. I left even more behind, because I'm a silly hoarder otherwise. In Berezino I found a banana mag for my sporter and I have plenty of cal.22. With the hunting scope that makes up my first proper rifle. I also find enough 1911 mags to keep me floating, but I cannot find any ACP .45 ammo, except in the 1911 mags.

On the way out of Berezino I decided to check the smallest shack, simply because I passed it by anyway. And - hello car battery! First one I see. I found the sparkplugs in the building of the same kind. They're those small wooden shaggs with a doorframe and window and the tilted roof. Usually there is crap in them, but I found glowplug and battery in this type of building. 

At the factory near Polana, Minsk fridges are invading! They are spawning on top of each other and within a 100m distance. It seems they are much smaller in inventory size now than when I first looked. I could have fit one in my hunting backpack, but was carrying too much to try. Definitely gonna try and get one of those, as soon as I repair the truck. Out of the three trucks I saw when I first played, only one remains unrepaired. So people are definitely getting them repd and drive around, which is neat. I'm still enjoying this patch, except for those few nasty inventory bugs. I'm pleasantly surprised persistance is working with the barrels. I found another one today ^^

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

MINSK fridge: after repping mein truck, I went to near Polana (factory), where a lot of fridges spawn. However, despite them looking to fit, you can still not move them into inventory or drag around. Shame, beause I was hoping to build a base out of a wall of freezers...

2015-08-14_00017_zpsdeodmq2u.jpg

Berezino seems to be the place to go for car wheels. Basically, every minute I stumbled over another one. They are pretty large though, so only to be hand-held. 

2015-08-14_00013_zpsbksydxro.jpg

2015-08-14_00010_zps6cmujs8b.jpg

2015-08-14_00006_zpsoy1ti01v.jpg

2015-08-14_00013_zpsbksydxro.jpg

2015-08-14_00012_zpsweyjrj5u.jpg

Idk if some update happened, but somehow I am getting almost constantly 60 fps now and my game feels much smoother than in the days before. Also, the truck really drives nicely now. Physics improved? It still feels light and maybe too fast, but I'm enjoying the ride!

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Just experienced my first encounter with the over the shoulder bug.  Had stopped off at the police station in Serervo, swapped out my Rak for an MP5 which I already had a 30 round mag. and pristine ACOG for.  Headed out of town, into the woods, notice the shoulder animation while I'm sprinting to keep warm from the rain and poof, gone, MP5 that was in my hand is no more.  I searched the area to no-avail.  4 folks on the server at the time.  Note that I had been on the move in the same manner with the Rak for several hours, way to the South and did not experience the issue.  I have no idea if weapon type has anything to do with it.  Note that my inventory had not changed other than swapping out the Rak for the MP5 and attaching the mag. and acog.

Edited by Super_Duty

Great exp update guys, worse desync in a long time "worse than 0.57". And bugs up the ying yang. Do some internal testing before you absolutely ruin the spirit built up in the community from a previously extremely bright experimental patch that could have turned the tables. Superb work. And the worst part is. It's now the 14th of august, I guess we will have another 2 month gap between stable updates again because god forbid there is an update DURING a month and not at the end. Ready or not, end of the month is when the update comes.

For the admins, this is criticism. Aka totally acceptable. So take your finger off that delete button.

It's already been stated by the devs that some problems just aren't going to be able to be found with internal testing, which is why EXP exists in the first place. If you don't like dealing with and reporting problems, you can always go back to stable.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/210847-what-is-experimental/

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 2

Can someone tell me the ingame name of Brian Hicks or tell me if this is his real one or just someone else who use his name?

Saw that guy yesterday on the server i was playing and im realy not sure but it would be nice. :)

2015_08_13_00011.jpg

Can someone tell me the ingame name of Brian Hicks or tell me if this is his real one or just someone else who use his name?

Saw that guy yesterday on the server i was playing and im realy not sure but it would be nice. :)

2015_08_13_00011.jpg

Could well be but on the other hand maybe it wasn't. He does put in the hours in game tbf to him.

• Like 1

2015_08_13_00011.jpg

Even if Hicks would use that name in-game, how could anyone know if it was really him or anyone else who chose to play with that name? It's a question that has no definitive answer, unless maybe you had his IP and a way to check it in-game.

• Like 1

Even if Hicks would use that name in-game, how could anyone know if it was really him or anyone else who chose to play with that name? It's a question that has no definitive answer, unless maybe you had his IP and a way to check it in-game.

Yes thats true i just ask because maybe someone knows the name he use.

But you are right anybody could use the name because its not fixed like a Gamertag on xbox.

Edit: And no i dont have the Ip to check it. ;)

Edited by xCrankx

Lol, that reminds me of when I chose "FrankieonPCin1080p" as my name for a hot minute during the pre-alpha testing. People had found the test servers on some game server website, and people were all up in arms about "omg, they letting the haxz0rz test!!!"

I also saw Brian's name in the player list yesterday and would wager almost anything that it wasnt him.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

I dont know if it was mentioned here in the forum, but if you cant pick up an item inside a house, try to open and close a door. This worked for me...

I once again couldn't pick up some ammo last night and ended up getting it by moving away from it out of arms reach and it still showed on my ground search screen and when I was at the point where another inch would have it drop from search window, I tried to drag it to inventory and it made it. So I am adding that to the list of things to try when I can't pick something up. I guess it is a visual/location failure.

Main thing I've been experiencing is slow response with moving / shuffling around equipment. Sometimes multiple attempts are required to put an item in hand, or drop one.  I've seen 10 second delays at times.  No issues double carrying, I've climbed tree stands, letting my in-hand weapon drop to the ground, had no issues picking it back up on the way back down, and I've not encountered any item loss. 

The response issue can be problematic as you're not sure if the action was selected/executed or not.  This results in spamming the keys which I've concluded makes things worse.  I think this might be contributing to some of the reports of not being able pick up items as the state of the item unknown. Meaning, the backend is seeing multiple requests, (drop, pickup, drop, pickup) resulting in the delay.

Other than that, just the normal stuff, like minor stutter when others join the server, occasional de-sync, but very limited.  Ping is a bit high, but that is to be expected given the location.

Hmm being in California, I pick servers that are low ping like under 100, when I tried to mess around on UK servers with 150+ ping, I had the very same thing. Click on a can and wait 10 seconds for the animation to start. After about 20 minutes, I felt so unsafe with such a lag that I came back to a closer server.

I've been only playing EXP for the past month or two and I'm wanting to know what the best way to team up with a group that won't kill you.  I was expecting that on EXP servers there would be a lot less KOS and more testing the functioning of the build.  Still, everyone (and I do mean everyone) is killing on sight.  My first reaction when I see someone is to run the other way and yet they still try to shoot me in the back. 

For the past three days I've been camping up north in a truck because I can't find a tent.  I think I'm craving interaction with other players, just not looking for trading bullets.  Piss poor frame rates and desync puts me at an unfair disadvantage.

When I had some friends come to Dayz and join up in a group "when there was zombies" I ended up getting shot more then when I was solo. Sneaking around carefully and jamming in and out of towns fast and getting back into cover was replaced with standing in town in the middle of the road talking about where to go. We ended up getting shot at a lot more then I was used too. We ended up spraying bullets at each other as one of us ran in a circle to avoid a zombie, lol.

• Like 1

Ok, playtesting day 3. I honestly feel like I should be paid for this kind of dedication :)

Sooo many problems! Here we go:

use axe = drops axe, picks up useless stick (every time)

jerrycans despawn fast when placed on ground

fireplaces despawn seemingly at random. Do they maybe have "health"? They seem to disappear after a number of uses

-> firewood can spoil, yeah right...

Weapons/Rifles disappear when you have no free slot in inventory + a rifle on the back. They don't drop on the ground, they vanish into oblivion.

Lost Sporter (complete), 1911, P1, Shotgun all in one day due to weapons drop bug.

Rain + Hypothermia -> once it says: you've got hypothermia, you have 10 minutes before you die. Making a fire doesn't help, eating doesn't help, shelter doesn't help; I haven't tried bloodbags (probably the only way to survive at the moment)

-> why is it raining all the time? I found one raincoat in my entire playtime of three days and it is orange...

Body despawn time is too short -> Devs, you don't despawn bodies in 15 minutes, as long as the health and hypothermia issues are not solved. Up the time, fix it and THEN shorten the despawn.  

The most concerning issue: I think people can't hear or read me ingame, or I cannot hear them. I axed a guy unconscious today and bandaged him afterwards. I told him to talk to me, because I took his backpack and needed some of my stuff back when he came back to consciousness. I was gonna let him live and he was cooperative, but I could not hear or read him at all; had to kill him in the end to get 2 items from my backpack; I did hear other people talk a few days ago. I am not sure if they heard me reply then. Today it seemed like he just couldn't reply.

I was shaking. It said: healthy, hydrated, energised - all in light green. Yet my aim through the scope was constantly shaking. I sat at several fires (even set myself on fire once ^^) and I was completely dry. This happened in earlier patches, but sitting at a fire would always make the shaking go away.

overall impression: Bad! I bought this game more than a year ago and it is still a complete mess. And no - that is not due to Alpha status. I would be more confident the devs can cope, if things weren't broken that worked in prior patches and if the new bugs would be less frequent. It's uncontrollable the way nothing works right in DayZ. I'm waiting for the stable now, which after this impression, I believe is at least another 2 months away. These issues with weapons are gamebreaking and also simply annoying. All other issues are terribly random.    

INventory system is broken, massively dislike the un equipping of items without your input.

• Like 1

So, infected wounds are now contagious...

A mate accidentally stitched his wounds with a sewing kit and his wounds got infected. Spent ages looking for alcohol tincture with no luck. Tried vitamins, charcoal tabs, antibiotics, eating and drinking until you vomit..nothing worked and he died unfortunately.we grabbed his stuff of his body and took it back to camp, grabbed the truck and went and picked him up. He got his gear back and everything was fine.

So today, I needed a drink and grabbed a bottle from camp...bam...get the message my wounds are infected. Hadn't been shot since the night before and had played for maybe 5 hours since then with no issues. Realised the water bottle was one of my mates that he had left before we went searching for tincture.

So, same thing again, dropped all my gear at camp and went searching for tincture...tried everything and eventually got the green message, my wounds have healed, thought awesome, grabbed my gear and about 2 minutes later I start getting the message my wounds are infected...took the cowards way out and committed suicide.

Not sure what gave it to me the second time, but I did eat some spare food I had scrounged while looking for the tincture after I had got better...going to respawn and see if my gear is contaminated...

Not sure if that's actually new, there's been a chance to get infected from the sewing kit itself for a long time. It's actually really easy to ride out if you have access to food and water but do not make yourself vomit for infected wounds or you're doing extra damage to yourself and will die. You just need to stay hydrated and fed at a higher than normal rate and ride it out. 

• Like 1

Ok, playtesting day 3. I honestly feel like I should be paid for this kind of dedication :)

fireplaces despawn seemingly at random. Do they maybe have "health"? They seem to disappear after a number of uses

Weapons/Rifles disappear when you have no free slot in inventory + a rifle on the back. They don't drop on the ground, they vanish into oblivion.

Lost Sporter (complete), 1911, P1, Shotgun all in one day due to weapons drop bug.

Rain + Hypothermia -> once it says: you've got hypothermia, you have 10 minutes before you die. Making a fire doesn't help, eating doesn't help, shelter doesn't help; I haven't tried bloodbags (probably the only way to survive at the moment)

-> why is it raining all the time? I found one raincoat in my entire playtime of three days and it is orange...

Body despawn time is too short -> Devs, you don't despawn bodies in 15 minutes, as long as the health and hypothermia issues are not solved. Up the time, fix it and THEN shorten the despawn.  

The most concerning issue: I think people can't hear or read me ingame, or I cannot hear them. I axed a guy unconscious today and bandaged him afterwards. I told him to talk to me, because I took his backpack and needed some of my stuff back when he came back to consciousness. I was gonna let him live and he was cooperative, but I could not hear or read him at all; had to kill him in the end to get 2 items from my backpack; I did hear other people talk a few days ago. I am not sure if they heard me reply then. Today it seemed like he just couldn't reply.

I was shaking. It said: healthy, hydrated, energised - all in light green. Yet my aim through the scope was constantly shaking. I sat at several fires (even set myself on fire once ^^) and I was completely dry. This happened in earlier patches, but sitting at a fire would always make the shaking go away.

overall impression: Bad! I bought this game more than a year ago and it is still a complete mess. And no - that is not due to Alpha status. I would be more confident the devs can cope, if things weren't broken that worked in prior patches and if the new bugs would be less frequent. It's uncontrollable the way nothing works right in DayZ. I'm waiting for the stable now, which after this impression, I believe is at least another 2 months away. These issues with weapons are gamebreaking and also simply annoying. All other issues are terribly random.    

If you get hypothermia again try heat packs or quickly heating canned goods in a fire and putting them in your pockets. I'm starting to think that's intentional because severe hypothermia is actually pretty serious, if you don't fix it at the freezing/shaking stage you don't have very long before most people go into shock and start doing more harm than good IRL. Pretty much everyone has had mild hypothermia before, shivering, teeth chattering, but if you let it progress to the point of going into shock a lot of people will start feeling hot and remove clothing or get wet to fix the false hot feeling and go unconscious or die.

Not sure if that's actually new, there's been a chance to get infected from the sewing kit itself for a long time. It's actually really easy to ride out if you have access to food and water but do not make yourself vomit for infected wounds or you're doing extra damage to yourself and will die. You just need to stay hydrated and fed at a higher than normal rate and ride it out. 

Whenever I find a spray bottle of disinfectant I use it on everything that has a sharp edge and my sewing kits (both kinds).  This mitigates the danger of wound infection.

• Like 1

Whenever I find a spray bottle of disinfectant I use it on everything that has a sharp edge and my sewing kits (both kinds).  This mitigates the danger of wound infection.

That thought crossed my mind but wasn't sure if the mechanics were in place for it. I just use rags right now as there's no risk with them yet. 

haven't found loot in 0.58 like i did in 0.57, but im liking it

The CLE is the only good thing about this patch. Enjoy the rain and the endless bugs. In my last post I only mentioned a fraction. I am not concerned about tweaking things like sick-status or despawn of dead bodies. That can all be fixed easily over time. I am concerned that almost all the legacy systems from the mod worked better than this everlasting patchfest, which always just ends up with unexpected new bugs. Out of the systems the new developers brought into place, the only one that is really working is the CLE - and that took them how long? Sure the mod had much simpler mechanics, but one thing I have to say about it that doesn't apply to Dayz SA is: it worked.

There are parts of the game that are highly enjoyable to me, but parts don't substitute the entire game. It's just all so buggy in most details that I don't understand why the devs just plow on with imaginary "0.59" releases and "basebuilding". 0.58 is proof (again) that the devs cannot handle the technology and that they don't get the support they would need. I know that people will call out again that it is an alpha, but we all know other alphas and they don't have these problems; and shouldn't have. And if they do, the problems get fixed. Bohemia will pull out of this, because they too can see when something is not going anywhere. And then who do we complain to? Rocket? Yeah right! He knew when to get off the sinking ship.  

Edited by S3V3N

Ya those bugs are a pain, I just carry 1 rifle for several patches cause I am tired of dropping 1 and getting a drink of water and trying to find my camo'd rifle in the bushes. As for the microphone or typing thing, test your mic by using sound recorder in accessories and see if you can record and playback with that mic. The in game key is as you probably know the Caps key, but I think you can change it so I would check that to see if it is still the cap's key. You hold it down to talk or double press it to turn on mic permanently. As for the talking with typing using the / key, maybe the person didn't know how to type, if I talk to someone and they don't respond in a multiplayer game, my next text is usually "Hit the / key to type back" of course and axe to the head in our game is really close :-D I would hate to give myself hypothermia to test out a fireplace, since I don't have and have not seen a tent in a couple weeks. I have seen a huge problem with temperature on a couple servers that I was playing on because they had so many people and I went back to the server I play on normally and the problem was gone. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time, hang onto that rain coat :-)