kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I think it's closer to an entire towns loot save for certain tables containing loot for sheds and deerstands but this is all conjecture.

My original conclusion is that it was all a giant cop car loot pile as well but the empty houses made me think it's directly the loot from those houses....

Still, just guess work based on observation.

You may be right.  My guess was that for some reason Police Car loot is set to respawn much faster; it's prioritized.  So, as those piles fill up and other items timers expire, you wind up with nothing but those piles.  

Either way, understanding the CLE is gonna take a lot of tinkering with going forward, if they can fix that one issue, this build looks a lot like a Stable candidate from this player's POV.  Runs really well for me.

If you see BananaParamedic on your server (I'm usually on SC-01 or 02), you can friend me via steam (ID is in my profile - name is the same here) - I can set you up.

As for tire stealing, I had the exact same thought today.  Was wishing you could fit several tires into an enlarged capacity.  I'd have a V3S tent somewhere in the woods full of tires!

I appreciate the offer very much but I'm a "do it myself" kind of person and love the hunt more than the "kill" thanks just the same. I only play on one server at a time aswell US SW 02 right now, might change if I die, I believe I've seen you in the list at least once or maybe early in .58 on SW 01.

He's at camp now but when I play with my middle son we were getting pretty good at hoarding trucks, I think hoarding parts will be our "game" within the game as time goes on. I only had it for a short time so never got to see but how many tires will fit in the car tent? 

• Like 1

I think it's closer to an entire towns loot save for certain tables containing loot for sheds and deerstands but this is all conjecture.

My original conclusion is that it was all a giant cop car loot pile as well but the empty houses made me think it's directly the loot from those houses....

Still, just guess work based on observation.

I do not think the LootSplosions are "one towns loot", exactly.. I think they are one loot-table that is out of control, spawning in the wrong places, and replacing all of the near-by loot that normally would be spawning.

Not sure about other servers, but on US SW 0-1, nothing seems to be spawning in a lot of houses/parts of the map.

I think what is happening, is that as loot is "cleaned up" out of houses, another item from a different table is spawning in the loot piles and stopping other loot from spawning, as it's reached it's "cap" or "maximum"..

Notice what you see in loot piles: Books, hats, boots, ammo, pistols, smg's, civilian rifles, some canned/dry foods, mountain backpacks, taloons, drybags, etc.

Notice that you never find, say.. Duct tape, garden fertilizer, M4's, AUG's, AK's, fire-axes, hunting backpacks, shirts of almost any kind, pants of almost any kind, etc.

Meanwhile, those items ARE spawning at other places on the map, but it seems like the loot piles are "over-riding" these normal spawns after a couple cycles. Looting towns on the first few days of experimental was much more rewarding than the last few days. Seems to me the loot in actual buildings has just disappeared.

• Like 4

I appreciate the offer very much but I'm a "do it myself" kind of person and love the hunt more than the "kill" thanks just the same. I only play on one server at a time aswell US SW 02 right now, might change if I die, I believe I've seen you in the list at least once or maybe early in .58 on SW 01.

He's at camp now but when I play with my middle son we were getting pretty good at hoarding trucks, I think hoarding parts will be our "game" within the game as time goes on. I only had it for a short time so never got to see but how many tires will fit in the car tent? 

Glad you're a DIY'er - like me - especially since:

I just ran thru Pushto on SW-02.  Was hungry.  Stopped at a loot pile.  Was dragging cans of food onto my can opener.  As I'm running out of town, I notice that I must have drug one onto my glow plug (as it's no longer there, but a can of delicious peaches is).  So, I turn around and head back into town from the other direction.  Right as I run up to the pile, hit tab to see what's there (it's night), I see a . . . landmine.  Before I have the presence of mind to let off the W key . . . you guessed it . . . BOOOMMM!!!  "You are dead" - You think I'd learn.   :D

Edited by Thurman Merman

I do not think the LootSplosions are "one towns loot", exactly.. I think they are one loot-table that is out of control, spawning in the wrong places, and replacing all of the near-by loot that normally would be spawning.

Not sure about other servers, but on US SW 0-1, nothing seems to be spawning in a lot of houses/parts of the map.

I think what is happening, is that as loot is "cleaned up" out of houses, another item from a different table is spawning in the loot piles and stopping other loot from spawning, as it's reached it's "cap" or "maximum"..

Notice what you see in loot piles: Books, hats, boots, ammo, pistols, smg's, civilian rifles, some canned/dry foods, mountain backpacks, taloons, drybags, etc.

Notice that you never find, say.. Duct tape, garden fertilizer, M4's, AUG's, AK's, fire-axes, hunting backpacks, shirts of almost any kind, pants of almost any kind, etc.

Meanwhile, those items ARE spawning at other places on the map, but it seems like the loot piles are "over-riding" these normal spawns after a couple cycles. Looting towns on the first few days of experimental was much more rewarding than the last few days. Seems to me the loot in actual buildings has just disappeared.

Eureka, it's so obvious! Knew this a long time already.

Has anyone else noticed that binoculars now appear in inventory as if something can be added to them? I found two pair in a deer stand and noticed that they both had the + / - next to them before I picked one up as if you could put something in or on them sort of like the way you can put an apple on a stick... ? Anyone?

Glad you're a DIY'er - like me - especially since:

I just ran thru Pushto on SW-02.  Was hungry.  Stopped at a loot pile.  Was dragging cans of food onto my can opener.  As I'm running out of town, I notice that I must have drug one onto my glow plug (as it's no longer there, but a can of delicious peaches is).  So, I turn around and head back into town from the other direction.  Right as I run up to the pile, hit tab to see what's there (it's night), I see a . . . landmine.  Before I have the presence of mind to let off the W key . . . you guessed it . . . BOOOMMM!!!  "You are dead" - You think I'd learn.   :D

After I got bit by a mine I got extra conscious of them had to figure out how they work, for science!

Still have one to see what our options if any are to disarm or destroy them but I need to have one of my helpers available. I've been throwing any other ones I find in tall grass or the ocean along with any guns, mags, or ammo I don't want.

I played for a few hours with my youngest son last night and tried emptying a town into a barrel again and got similar results with loot respawning. The jacket house spawned 3 new wool coats, 2p and 1d. I'd noticed the last time a skate helmet was replaced, this time it replaced the motorcycle helmet with another in a different room in the same house. There wasn't more than 2 cans of food to start with and none of it was replaced.

Has anyone else noticed that binoculars now appear in inventory as if something can be added to them? I found two pair in a deer stand and noticed that they both had the + / - next to them before I picked one up as if you could put something in or on them sort of like the way you can put an apple on a stick... ? Anyone?

Been like that for awhile, nothing will attach afik.

No worries...I've been working hard getting this thing running to clean up them loot piles for everyone.  Might take a bit though, still looking for that stinkin truck battery.

HQlptDF.jpg

Talk about poor timing...

IuSlyPH.jpg

Oh and for the record, I need more pockets.  Although I've come to the conclusion that it appears that weight may actually play a factor in keeping hydrated.  Anyone else think this? Might just be the amount of clothing, dunno.

VXd9mnp.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

I only recognised how binoculars do shake, and I wonder wtf??? why??

Btw, I think we should be able to rotate items...

Edited by LazyPoet91

Hmmm... need to check that out.  Maybe integrated range finder or enhanced night vision with a battery added?

I only recognised how binoculars do shake, and I wonder wtf??? why??

Btw, I think we should be able to rotate items...

IuSlyPH.jpg

If that's a server reset it's really good timing, any asshole mines will be disarmed when you log back in. 

• Like 1

It was a reset alright, but heli didn't re-spawn there.

If that's a server reset it's really good timing, any asshole mines will be disarmed when you log back in. 

It was a reset alright, but heli didn't re-spawn there.

Oh, right they move now.

I've only seen 5 in 700+ hours but I don't look either

I picked up a lit campfire to see what would happen. Don't do that.

After melting my face I dropped the campfire and ran for water. I eventually found a creek and sat in that for about 10 minutes. The whole time I had red overheating status and blurry screen. After about 20 minutes of being drenched/soaked I finally cooled down and eventually healed.

YMMV when playing with fire.

Did the same thing by accident. When finally found a pond I went prone in the water - after a few seconds my internet went down. After joining the server I was greeted with the "You are dead" screen. I guess I drowned after loosing the connection when I was diving. And this just happened after I finally had crafted the leather vest and wanted to try color it in a barrel  <_<

Did somebody try if picking up a burning fireplace and not cooling off in a pond afterwards will eventually kill the character?

Is the "stuck hunger/thirst status" bug completely fixed? After repawning in Solnichniy I found one can of tuna - that was enough to not get hungry/thirsty until I left the server (looted from Solnichniy to Dolina and logged out just before Polana). Usually I would not expect to get that far with one can of tuna without getting hungry.

Dem Steam DB activities.

:ph34r:

Dont let Gaben get you.

Are Teddy Bears persistent and more importantly written notes that they contain?

This is a serious request from yours truly.

Thanks for the feedback so far , I should be playing Exp over the weekend (if me mum lets me) :D

Just found a pen five minutes before restart, been carrying the bear for days.

Yes, the note in the bear is persistent.

• Like 2

In Severograd and Novaya there is no Loot bug, although there is a police car (which do cause the bug as I understood?) However I stood in the fire station and out of no where my pants and boots got ruined (Y)

Edited by LazyPoet91

In Severograd there is no Loot bug, although there is a police car (which do cause the bug as I understood?) However I stood in the fire station and out of no where my pants and boots got ruined (Y)

desync glitch that can cause death. pretty common.

• Like 1

Got a few more hours in. Spent some time at Prison Island and in the southwest, but didn't go too far. Starting to get pretty bare, other than the essentials in the loot piles.

Pics below. Also: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/227031-058-the-lighthouse/

ITwfw2S.jpg

r71BEv6.jpg

e0aijPx.jpg

WG8rwxc.jpg

qOkon7r.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

No worries...I've been working hard getting this thing running to clean up them loot piles for everyone.  Might take a bit though, still looking for that stinkin truck battery.

HQlptDF.jpg

IuSlyPH.jpg

Oh and for the record, I need more pockets.  Although I've come to the conclusion that it appears that weight may actually play a factor in keeping hydrated.  Anyone else think this? Might just be the amount of clothing, dunno.

VXd9mnp.jpg

Hot might be the server. I have been running up hills and thru meadows and nothing. When the server I am on was 3pp I was hot within 10 minutes of getting decent gear. Lay down at the top of a hill and cool off and then jog some more.