kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I see you logged out.  Was gonna invite you to some pumkin patch in Elektro. 

• Hey BCBasher, sup emuthreat :P  

nnV0ceH.jpg

I noticed you guys in the list too, funny 6 people and 4 of them are forum guys. I was making my way for the North debug line so I could drop into the abandoned military base quickly and quietly for a vest. Was running with no compass and map and turned to look at the TV for too long too many times and ended up back at the coast.

Pumpkins in Elektro, hows that working out for you? After the guy axed me at my patch and then proceeded to mouth me off in some white guy speaking ghetto dialect I avoid cities like the plague just like IRL. I'd been doing it for days growing 9 plants eating my fill and leaving the rest and not seen a soul to offer them to, I figured people just hang out there for easy kills. It's funny I play an online survival game with other people and most of what I've seen just makes me avoid them. 

Looks like I'm glad I put my pristine battery in my kids inventory, real curious to see what they changed warranting the wipe.

I notice on my jog last night someone had set up 2 barrels at the 2 cop cars outside the police station (not sure what small town) think it might have been some exploit or attempt like bagging stuff and moving it away from a loot explosion. The though had crossed my mind to put one in one of the old gun houses that spawn jackets and see what happens. In this case there were allot of shotguns in the area moved and avoided but not a single rak, mp5, or cz75 mag or anything related that one would find at a police station.

Off to see what's new.

• Like 1

Played a bit tonight. Found a large military tent, set it up, and put some items in it to test the persistence. I'm guessing it's the same as the civilian tent (full persistence, contents stay after restarts, etc.)

• Found out that you won't ever be able to get this gas can out of the deer towers... Tried throwing it and did just about everything other than jumping out of the stand with it in my hands

CEfEZXP.jpg

• Dropped all of my clothes in the deer stand because I was overheating easily. My pants decided to drop through one of the slats of wood. Luckily I could reach them from the bottom

7WPt5Nr.jpg

vQu6BYV.jpg

• Hey BCBasher, sup emuthreat :P  

nnV0ceH.jpg

What has everyone noticed is happening with loot respawning? I think we've figured out just about everything going on with persistence, but it seems like there are a lot less items than there were on persistence restart. Maybe the items are just respawning really slowly, or not at all. It would be nice to get some confirmation from a dev as to whether loot should be respawning or not. 

I got a few rifles out of deer stands when I refused to drop my rifle, by standing at the ladder facing out and dropping the rifle and it appears in midair a couple feet outside and when I get to the ground at the bottom of the ladder, I can still see it on ground search and I can grab it to my hands there.

here is a small take on the CLE i found a while ago... basic explanation..

there is plenty of info outside the forums that state in detail what systems do and how they work.

should clear up the confusion of how loots spawning.. and other stuff. 

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

Found out that you won't ever be able to get this gas can out of the deer towers... Tried throwing it and did just about everything other than jumping out of the stand with it in my hands

Just fyi, the jerry can fits inside a hunter or mountain backpack.  

You may need to drop your inventory on the ground for a moment, but just enough time to get up and down the ladder.

• Like 1

I find it very odd when I read people saying they have 3 trucks and 8 tents and 19 rifles and 47 pistols and 100 cans of food and so on. Maybe there should be a 1 tent per account barrier that causes your tent to vanish if you pickup another tent and your truck to vanish if you get in another truck. Have that push across public servers, so hopping would be squashed.  Coming across a camp 2 months ago with 9 tents and 3 fully kited m4's, Fourteen 60 rd m4 mags, every rifle, every pistol, every mag and tons of ammo, food,medical supplies, several full suits of military clothing? Twelve backpacks on the ground in a row full of every small item that spawns that is useful. I felt like I was looking at a hacker camp. I'm not sure of a good solution to the problem of people with a crap load of time vs people that have a small amount of time each night to play.

• Like 5

I find it very odd when I read people saying they have 3 trucks and 8 tents and 19 rifles and 47 pistols and 100 cans of food and so on. Maybe there should be a 1 tent per account barrier that causes your tent to vanish if you pickup another tent and your truck to vanish if you get in another truck. Have that push across public servers, so hopping would be squashed.  Coming across a camp 2 months ago with 9 tents and 3 fully kited m4's, Fourteen 60 rd m4 mags, every rifle, every pistol, every mag and tons of ammo, food,medical supplies, several full suits of military clothing? Twelve backpacks on the ground in a row full of every small item that spawns that is useful. I felt like I was looking at a hacker camp. I'm not sure of a good solution to the problem of people with a crap load of time vs people that have a small amount of time each night to play.

That does sound like an extreme camp that could have been duping, but more likely it was just a well organized group of several people collecting gear.  Back on .56 with CLE (so good loot was rare) just myself and one friend were able to round up 2 military tents, 2 regular tents, and all kinds of weapons and ammo.  We had farming plots and were growing crops, had many liters of water stored as well, and had a full stone oven.  We had a truck parked not too far away too.  We played on the one server during this time and were not hopping around.

The V3S, especially now with cargo capacity, makes this kind of looting possible, and personally I think it's great.  

• Like 4

This one is a "thin ice" thing for me having left another game it being changed over this argument. I do agree that it shouldn't be exploitable but people who have, make, find, or whatever more time to play shouldn't get penalized to put casuals on an even playing field. I like to feel my time put into something should gain more than someone who puts in less time no matter what it is. There's enough handicapping to benefit the "I can'ts" IRL we'll have to wait and see how the developers and their bean counting masters handle that.

Is it just me or did this new loot change just puke allot of useful stuff? So many guns, so many bullets, so much food. I only played an hour fell to my death twice and had no problem getting on my feet again in minutes. The one thing I'm not seeing immediately is backpacks or the stuff to make a courier bag.

Found an oil drum on the catwalk of a lighthouse and tried to throw it over the railing, it just set down behind me and pushed me through the handrail and off the side.

Saw lots of bullets in the train cars, not sure if that's new or not.

• Like 4

Nice, I am trying to create this look on stable but are there any leathert sewing kits to be found on .57? I seem to remember to see them everywhere but I've been looking for at least 3 hours and never found one.

PRO TIP:::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can sew leather clothing with a BONE HOOK

A leather sewing kit can be used to repair leather clothing but to create the leather clothing in the first place simply add a bone hook to leather (create bone hook by adding knife to bones).

• Like 2

it will be for me like it was in the mod. big clans rule the servers and me little lonewolf (family and kids) will be killed from them while dancing for finding an rare item.

i understand that building persistent bases is an big part of this survival game, for me to, but finding an balance between clan hoarding and my little base is not easy and in my opinion not makeable.

so, i will have to live and adapt with this part of the game and try to find my "place" far away from all places of interest for those clans.

• Like 1

KoS types will flock to clans so they can use their bases for quick gear so they can PvP again.

^That's probably going to be my main gripe with any form of hoarding.

Finding and raiding large camps was really exciting in the mod.

Watch a bunch of guys work on vehicles and mull about and when they leave.... take my pick from their tents, maybe take a vehicle.

In the mod, if I thought the camp had duped items, I would scud the tents with their own explosives.

We are going to see play styles open up as things are implemented but people with more time will and should certainly benefit.

My classes let out 15 years ago and I essentially make my own working hours.

If you don't have time to play more, go play an instant gratification game.

There are literally 1,000's of them.

• Like 6

There are more than enough servers to avoid kleptomaniac clans. Hoarding stuff and having 5 tents on experimental makes no sense, there are wipes every few days.

• Like 5

Well guys after today’s persistence wipe the guys and I have decided to shelf this game for a while. Putting in far too many hours just to have it wiped with little or no warning.  I’m not trying to create any discontent or protest against the man just wanted to say thanks to all of you that positively contribute to the forums and wish you a better gaming experiences in the future. I’ll pop in from time to time to see what’s going on in the forums and look for that key word “PERSISTANCE”.  We’re hearing good things about the Ark initiative so we’re going to wonder over and see what the fuss is about.

I honestly hope there is some major progress (my opinion) in the near future with this game. It has been a lot of fun and 10 X worth the $29 I paid. I have invested twice as much time into DayzSA than I have in any other game I’ve ever played and it sucks to have to move on but I’m losing my appreciation and need to break away before I become one of the grumblers.

Good Luck to you all and many exciting adventures.

• Like 6

Well guys after today’s persistence wipe the guys and I have decided to shelf this game for a while. Putting in far too many hours just to have it wiped with little or no warning.  -snip-

Huh?

Tons of warning here historically.

The devs never tell us about wipes in experimental, ever.

Also, you're forgetting rule 1 of DayZ.

Never get attached to your gear.

The LAST place you should expect persistence is experimental.

We have a long way to go to 1.0 and the entire hive is going to be wiped many times between now and then.

• Like 11

Well guys after today’s persistence wipe the guys and I have decided to shelf this game for a while. Putting in far too many hours just to have it wiped with little or no warning.  

What?  You don't play experimental much do you?  This happens constantly here.  I prefer that they wipe characters too when they do it but that's just me.

• Like 6

Huh?

Tons of warning here historically.

The devs never tell us about wipes in experimental, ever.

Also, you're forgetting rule 1 of DayZ.

Never get attached to your gear.

The LAST place you should expect persistence is experimental.

We have a long way to go to 1.0 and the entire hive is going to be wiped many times between now and then.

But damn I could use that tent I had full of burlap sacks and rope now though, FML.

RIP camps.

I did some fishing last night and caught a few carp.  When cooking them, although their picture changes to reflect raw -> cooked -> burnt, each 'state' still says "Raw Fish Filet."

Bear traps are still bugged too.  I just tried to test it with a trash piece of clothing but it went into my bag because i wasn't careful :(

The prison island has a serious case of lootgasm.  It seems the prison itself (the floor in particular) has some problems in picking up loot, specifically clothing.

Saw lots of bullets in the train cars, not sure if that's new or not.

Train cars (and even on the ground around the cars) have always been one of my lowkey ways of finding ammo; not many people look there.  You can also find decent food if my memory serves correctly.

Train cars (and even on the ground around the cars) have always been one of my lowkey ways of finding ammo; not many people look there.  You can also find decent food if my memory serves correctly.

I saw food too, I've only ever seen clothes there and occasional food. I haven't spent allot of time near the tracks though.

wtf?

when did exp chat become about persistence wipes and hoarding... 

exp build must be ready to go stable the sarvo i take it..??? 

Well guys after today’s persistence wipe the guys and I have decided to shelf this game for a while. Putting in far too many hours just to have it wiped with little or no warning.  I’m not trying to create any discontent or protest against the man just wanted to say thanks to all of you that positively contribute to the forums and wish you a better gaming experiences in the future. I’ll pop in from time to time to see what’s going on in the forums and look for that key word “PERSISTANCE”.  We’re hearing good things about the Ark initiative so we’re going to wonder over and see what the fuss is about.

I honestly hope there is some major progress (my opinion) in the near future with this game. It has been a lot of fun and 10 X worth the $29 I paid. I have invested twice as much time into DayzSA than I have in any other game I’ve ever played and it sucks to have to move on but I’m losing my appreciation and need to break away before I become one of the grumblers.

its exp...

the games in alpha...

there isnt even player stats... wait till u have a perfect toon with stats and log on to see it gone due to a 'wipe' lol.

create content and not tears yea... i feel you have learned exactly what a development build of an alpha game is all about.

when i first started playing i used to rage at its development and the processes they put in place etc... even copped a warning post for calling a dev lazy.

lil advice..

the games alot further than what the devs lead on about and what we get to play.

just sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

If base building is a priority for you, you should definitely stay away from experimental. I doubt that this will change any time soon. Your best bet is stable, or by all means take a break and try something else for a while.

I did some fishing last night and caught a few carp.  When cooking them, although their picture changes to reflect raw -> cooked -> burnt, each 'state' still says "Raw Fish Filet."

This has been around for a while. Pay no attention to the description; watch the image, instead.

• Like 1

HOT HOT HOT

I got a rail hand guard on my AK74, here is how I did it. 

I had that bug where you pick something up and have to log out and back in in order to see the item in hand.  I had two cans of green spray paint and one can of black (yes this is all relevant, you'll see why shortly).  It was in the top of my inventory green green black.  I spray painted the AK 74, the mag and the 74U butt stock all green with the number one can.  It was empty so I threw it away (I had paint a fire axe with it previously).  I then painted the Rail Hand Guard Green, and then painted the AK wooden hand guard black.  The first spot in the top left of my inventory was open, the wooden hand guard then came off the AK and went into my inventory as I finished painting it!!!!  This then let me add the rail hand guard to the AK74. 

HOORAY!!!!!!

Sorry to say that even having the rail does nothing, you can't mount anything on it > :(   At least now we know how to change them out.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 5

I got a rail hand guard on my AK74, here is how I did it. 

HOORAY!!!!!!

In short: painting hand guard lets you remove it?

too bad painting doesnt work on MP5K.

I find it very odd when I read people saying they have 3 trucks and 8 tents and 19 rifles and 47 pistols and 100 cans of food and so on. Maybe there should be a 1 tent per account barrier that causes your tent to vanish if you pickup another tent and your truck to vanish if you get in another truck. Have that push across public servers, so hopping would be squashed.  Coming across a camp 2 months ago with 9 tents and 3 fully kited m4's, Fourteen 60 rd m4 mags, every rifle, every pistol, every mag and tons of ammo, food,medical supplies, several full suits of military clothing? Twelve backpacks on the ground in a row full of every small item that spawns that is useful. I felt like I was looking at a hacker camp. I'm not sure of a good solution to the problem of people wiorth a crap load of time vs people that have a small amount of time each night to play.

I find it very odd, too, especially if they are doing it on experimental. But, now that we have the CLE, I don't see it as a problem that needs to be solved, since items in tents and individual inventories are not factored into CLE calculations. Instead, it merely provides another play style opportunity ... searching for and cashing in on someone else's camp. The only downside is if the hoarding gets completely out of control, to the point that it starts affecting FPS. As I recollect, the devs inserted some sanity checks and some caps, in order to minimize that eventuality.

• Like 3

What?  You don't play experimental much do you?  This happens constantly here.  I prefer that they wipe characters too when they do it but that's just me.

I agree with you there about the character wipes. Gonna kill my character just to start over. Gonna try a new playstyle which will be interesting. :)

I find it very odd, too, especially if they are doing it on experimental. But, now that we have the CLE, I don't see it as a problem that needs to be solved, since items in tents and individual inventories are not factored into CLE calculations. Instead, it merely provides another play style opportunity ... searching for and cashing in on someone else's camp. The only downside is if the hoarding gets completely out of control, to the point that it starts affecting FPS. As I recollect, the devs inserted some sanity checks and some caps, in order to minimize that eventuality.

Oh trust me, people will be pissed off when their camp gets raided after looting hours and hours.

Wish in the future that you can destroy camps with explosives or something. Take the shit you want and blow the rest to bits. Will do this with every camp filled with a lot of military loot.

Tears will be shed and I'll feast on them, licking them from the cheeks.

Just like this :D:

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3