kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I am pretty confused right now. I played for 5 min yesterday and ran thorugh cherno with 30+ fps. Is this the new renderer or what happened? *confused I am but happy about the performance*

So in the new UI how do I see the status of my health?

• Like 1

Yep... they should remove this swaying part of the new crosshair. Crosshair shouldn't do that. If you want to see exactly where your gun is pointing, you should have to aim down the sights.

I disagree, when you hold your gun and it sways around, you still have a feeling where and how it is swaying, not only with your eyes, but with your body. On the monitor you only see the gun move around...I would prefer to have a moving crosshair but highly increased dispersion when not looking down the sights to "simulate" the inaccuracy of not aiming.

It's a focused field of view, I would add a squint haze to the sorrounding hud if I were them

Also, question:

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core  CPU      E6300  @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Display Memory: 2806 MB

Good to test lower limits?

I am playing with an HD5770. That is definitely my bottleneck, got an i5 2400 and 8gb ram. You should name exactly what gpu you are planning to use, the 5770 is playable. I know ppl playing on low resolution with worse gpus. The cpu is harsh, a bit more than 1/4 of my cpu performance, and I think I would also benefit from a better cpu...

I'm playing with the -newui option for just some minutes but I've got to saw wow. It feels like I have a massive performance boost, not just a little bit better what some ppl said after every new patch but like a real massive boost. Been to Cherno and the highrise cities north of Cherno and it feels so much better than before. The new UI... well... let's just say I hope its a really really early version :P

The new UI... well... let's just say I hope its a really really early version :P

It is :)

Link: 

• Like 1

Are you playing with the new UI (-newui in launch parameters)?

Not sure if they had already been picked clean, but when I was looking for loot at static vehicles earlier I didn't see anything, not even a book or a piece of map. Maybe they aren't spawning any loot right now.

Some are though, I was at NEAF and one of the BMPs there was spawning all sorts of stuff. AKs, SKSs, loose rounds of all sorts (except .45 ACP) and boots, all sorts of boots. Police cars in some locations are still spawning RAKs and MP5s plus accoutrements including magazines, police hats, anti stab vests, etc., etc. But, yeah, most vehicle spawns are a deep disappointment.

Speaking of maps I found a whole Cherno map for the first time ever. I didn't think they spawned that way. It was in a house under a hoodie well off the beaten path.

• Like 2

I dont really know whats going on but i like it a lot, i dont really care about any of the bugs right now but with new -newui startup paramater game runs so smooth, almost like am dreaming, 40+ frames in Zelenogorsk with objects high, antialiasing very high and shadows on high, that was imposible before this patch

Edited by serb8
  • Like 3

The global chat makes me want to kill everyone. It's not so annoying in the old ui but it's rage inducing with the new.

• Like 4

I had this aswell. And it seemed that in the -newui parameter a compass is read as 20/20 inventory slot for some reason.

Might be some config required/missing on the client side. Will do a longer session on experimental later today combined with some feedback tracker posts.

Other than that. The new UI looks cool, but in the first iteration abit clunky.

**Feedback**

The animation of the player character in the inventory screen looks like it's set to fast forward. Idle animation is sped up.

Expanding and closing the inventory slots does not always work when you click the big PLUS sign. Sometimes you misclick and close the whole Inventory.

Taking a hat or piece of clothing from the vicinity or from your inventory to "replace" the item on your character did not work as far as I saw.

I had to remove my hat to my inventory, then put the other hat on. Not switch or replace like the old UI did.

Ammo-count only visible when hovering over items, no ammo-count on the thumbnail itself when viewing the inventory.

Ammo-count inside mags not visible at all.

Loading the ammo into a gun is completely changed, or so it was for me. To get it working for me I had to put the gun into my hand, right-click the ammo and choose load ammo.

Instead of dragging the ammo to the gun then choose load ammo. Abit "tricky" since we're so used to the old method. Though I have just have to get used to it.

Browsing inventory denies you from running. So you can't move around with the new UI to check your surroundings for loot when playing in the dark. You're "locked" into place when browsing.

And double-clicking items in the vicinity does not put it into your inventory.

It just puts it into your hands.

**Feedback done**

Looking forward to see some more iterations of this as it looks very cool.

Agreed. The new inventory is a bit clunky, but I do believe that it has the potential to eventually be a good addition.

My initial impression was that it wasn't intuitive and that it was going to cause me to get killed. It's functionality is definitely different than the old inventory and I suppose that we'll just have to get used to it.

I'm OK with the character stopping when accessing the inventory, but it would be nice to have some accompanying animations of the character dropping the backpack on the ground and then kneeling in front of it. This animation could also be continued over on the inventory screen, itself (idle animation). The downside is that this functionality will significantly nerf looting in the dark. A flashlight will become a necessity. I'll be mapping the flashlight on/off toggle to a mouse button, since using the scroll menu will be too tedious for frequent use. Using a chemlight, or a road flare is just too dangerous, as it can be seen seen from too far away. 

The inventory is fiddly to manipulate because it is small and your mousing has to be precise. I kept closing things, instead of opening them, for example. Personally, I'd like to have the ability to configure the default inventory view. Perhaps we could have some radio buttons for: all containers (clothing) open, all containers closed, or all containers revert to last view?

A long run gets boring after a while, so being able to hit "P" periodically for a distraction would be nice, without causing the character to stop in his/her tracks. Hopefully the current functionality will change.

The current, unassisted "eyeball zoom" is WAAAY over the top. It almost makes it unnecessary to carry binoculars.

• Like 2

The new camera is as much a step towards what this game needs as my throwing of a rock into the Gulf of Mexico is to building a new island.

So what you're saying is that it's a step in the right direction?  I agree!

See what I did there? ;)

Just tried it to confirm.

oIQMoBB.png

That's the one!

I don't wish anything bad on ya, but I'm glad it's not just me. It's chronic, so it shouldn't be too difficult for the devs to track down.

• Like 1

Some small changes that I noticed during my small session tonight (using old UI system for now):

• Sadly, V3S wheels do not fit inside of the V3S inventory. So much for carrying a spare. This V3S inventory still had a tent inside of it; someone must've placed it there, and since it stayed, I'm thinking that persistence is working again. 

s4k4ieB.jpg

• I removed all of the wheels on one side. The physics seem pretty neat now on vehicles. V3S wheels currently despawn very quickly (within 5 seconds) after dropping them, so make sure if you want them to stick around, keep them off the ground (not that it matters at this point with no batteries). 

6jvzhof.jpg

Gonna do some more persistence and item despawning tests this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted.

It's VERY disappointing that a spare can not be carried. I hope that this is merely a temporary oversight.

So, you can just whip out your lug wrench and remove a wheel? No need for a jack, or other support?

• Like 1

That is correct. The V3S batteries do not spawn at the moment, and you do need one in order to start the truck.

Care to explain? Right now it seems to be either a really unfortunate bug or something you did intentional. If intentional I would really like to understand the train of thought behind it.

Edited by robophant

Care to explain? Right now it seems to be either a really unfortunate bug or something you did intentional. If intentional I would really like to understand the train of thought behind it.

No deliberate action behind this. It's a bug that the team is aware of.

No deliberate action behind this. It's a bug that the team is aware of.

ok thanks. Good work still :)

I love the new cam and overall the game runs much smoother.

Only the new UI feels a bit weird so far. It completely changes the way of how I search for loot and organize my stuff since I can't "scan" the ground or perform any other task while in motion.

Is this the way it's gonna head from now on?

On another note:

Got killed by a bunch of KOS noobs on prison island on UK 06 experimental server(!) and it made me sad.

You just don't KOS on experimental!

*sigh*

The first exp server I jumped on the game was extremely laggy. As the sun came up, the game started running a lot smoother. Not sure if that's related.

I noticed I reached "healthy" status a lot sooner than before. Which I'm happy about. It seems my character starts breathing heavily sooner than before. Or at least it seems that way.

I think I put "newui" instead of "-newui" in the launch parameters because I didn't see anything new in the inventory ui or hotbar. I'll be playing a lot longer tonight so I'll report back what my experiences are. I am happier for the smoother gameplay. See ya'll later.

So, you can just whip out your lug wrench and remove a wheel? No need for a jack, or other support?

Not sure if you're legitimately asking, but you don't even need a lug wrench (yet). I'm assuming this will change with iterations of the vehicle repairing mechanics.  

As we're speaking of inventory:

Now this is the sexy newui that I was hoping for. Bring it on!

The first exp server I jumped on the game was extremely laggy. As the sun came up, the game started running a lot smoother. Not sure if that's related.

I noticed I reached "healthy" status a lot sooner than before. Which I'm happy about. It seems my character starts breathing heavily sooner than before. Or at least it seems that way.

Yeah I was starting to get some latency between finishing an animation and the action being finished last night. I don't believe that the time of day had anything to do with that.

As for reaching healthy faster, I feel it's the opposite. It seems to take longer than before.

• Like 2

Current things we noticed as a a group of 4-6 running around from Berezino inland, North, and West.  I know a lot of these have been mentioned already, just bear with me.

-Matches are stackable now.  Medical supplies are, sadly, not stackable still.

-New fireplace and stove models.  Couldn't interact with them :/

-New damaged models on a few items it seems (epipens and steak knives)

-Front handguards are bugged and can't be removed, swapped, or painted.

-Both versions of V3S are bugged.  Engine has animations, but no sound or functionality.  Still a good source of storage.

-Tires despawn quickly

-RAIN!!

-New fog and lighting are interesting and beautiful, only the new lighting makes things really dark and can make you go blind very quickly if you look at a rising/setting sun or a campfire at night.

-3PP camera is amazing!  The shoulder shift is a great addition.

-FOV is pretty intense when zoomed or unzoomed all the way.  Maybe a bit far on the zoom, but a good iteration nonetheless.

-Persistence (NYESSSS)

-Guard house is lootless

-Deuce-and-a-half military trucks and HMMWVs are lootless.

-Lot of loot spawns in different places, but lootsplosions are still common.  Noticably in deer stands, police cars, gun houses, and barracks.  Some people pointed out specific buildings earlier like the barracks at N military base and the APC at NE airfield, which I confirmed are overflowing with loot.

-Weather seems REALLY hot.  Also overheating may be bugged.  Me and a buddy (him in raincoat and me in rider's jacket) ran around overheating for a few good hours with no ill effects.  No noticable increase in water consumption and no progression to hypothermic.

-New level of wet, "Drenched"

-Paper from nail boxes and ammo boxes

-Nails image in inventory is shifted to the left

-Still get an error from firing an Amphibia.  some recoil missing notice or something like that.

-Xbow kills in 1 hit.  Some guy opened up on us after three of us introduced ourselves as friendly.  His fully kitted AK was no match for my single bolt that pierced his anti-stab vest and instantly killed him.  No pulse, body warm.  One more bolt to the face for good measure.

-Zombies are often stuck in the world.  Seen one in Novo industrial section stuck in the roof-looking thing at the base of some foundations for the many pipes and such.  Another was stuck crawling under a park bench in front of the Svet church.

-We heard a new zombie idle sound.  Buddy described it as a low, hoarse growl.  It freaked him out and he killed it before the rest of us could hear it.

-Rags only with knives.  The beginner rag is now important!  I suggest making it into an armband since it wont break in the off-chance that your shirt gets ruined.

-Flare gun holster nerfed (¿¿POR QUE??)

-Batteries.  So many batteries.  You can call me king of the batteries.  If you don't find any n Southcentral 0-3, it's my fault.  I'm not sorry.  Batteries.

-Some of the animations looked a little cleaner.  Noticeably the zombie attack animations, the pistol carrying animation with the magnum, and some of the other use items.

-Some items block view in 1PP.  Burlap sack in the hand for instance will block your view with hand swing.  Friend said a purple polka-dot bandanna face mask blocked her view.  Different polka-dot bandanna didn't affect other player.

-New crosshairs are... interesting.  Seem to differ slightly based on what you are using.

-Pots and Frying pans are bugged.  Act like canteens it seems.  Drop on ground or put in hands to view inventory.

-Attempted to view inventory of pan and lost my vicinity window.  It completely dissappeared

-Nice framerate boost.  ~10 frames seems to be the average boost.

-Some items spawn in floors or halfway in floors.  Noticable in police stations and most everywhere else

-Pants-in-pants-in-pants is still there

-Containers (medkit, ammo box, protector case, etc) still take up same amount as they hold

-Water containers and ammo stacks don't immediately register changes in contents or count when changed.

-Drop magazines when reloading if there isn't a pre-existing space before reloading, not counting the fresh magazine going into the weapon

-Vision turns blurry after a gunshot wound and stays blurry long after it should go away.

-Buddy had the login bug in fullscreen where he had a solid red (and green on another instance) screen.  Going to configure>Video fixes it just like the old blurry cure.

-Spagettification (stretching) of sliding dead bodies.

-Occasionally couldn't search inventory of a body that slid

-Dropped items appear in odd places.  Often behind the player or in different rooms or outside when dropped in some buildings

-Thrown weapons with minimum throw power or when thrown at another player can freeze in the air

-Some animations that you can do while holding a weapon unequip or drop the weapon

-Still get the bug where you can't equip anything when you use a ladder, swim, use a car, or a few other things when you are holding anything.  Relog fixes.  Also makes it so dropped items can't be picked up.

-Still jerks in experimental.

-Visual duping is rampant.  Not double-clicking on an item and either dragging it into your inventory or rightclick>take seem to mitigate the risk, but not entirely

-Worn shirts sometimes appear in the worn model form floating in the ground when a player equips them.

-Some ammo and food (to name a few) can't be picked up, but can be eaten, drank, or split

-Sporter w/ Hunting Scope is still amazing.  Please boost.

-Seem to get the same spawn repeatedly.  One player got it twice in a row, one player got it four times in a row.  May have to do with dying shortly after spawning.  Perhaps something to do with how the RNG functions?  Spawns seem somehow weighted towards Berezino.

-Error from (I think) medical pants texture still.  Get it often when entering a town first time after logging in.

-Still no barrels :/

-Animals are in, but really rare it seems.  I didn't see any, but friend saw a couple cows down South.  Might have heard a chicken once.

-Zombies are still sparse.  They are there, but a lot of towns are empty and some towns only have a half-dozen max.

-Didn't mess with landmines or bear traps, but crafted a tripwire.  Can't break it down.  It becomes impossible to do anything other than view in your inventory.  If you drop the clothing/bag that it is in then you can remove it.  Can't put in hands, either.

-Still can't fix vests, cowboy hats, armbands, raincoats, some shoes.

-Random broken legs in police station

-Had to raise fists/weapon to go up ladder in firestation

-Crossbow makes no sound for anyone nearby.  Crossbows are the ultimate in stealth technology.  Bolt impacts on players/zombies make no noise either.

-Often can't hear gunshots even when close.

-Gas canisters in a fireplace still don't explode.  Boo.

-Seems like most .57 bugs are still present.  No new items noticeable.

-Couldn't wring out clothing, even after dropping.

-Didn't find any car batteries or glow plus :/

-When you drop a weapon from your hands it sometimes makes you do the reload animation (i.e. Blaze, MP133 pistol grip, ETC.)

-Can't detatch batteries from MRDS sight (FNX optic)

-Guns possibly spawn with attachments.  SKS found on top of lockers in barracks with damaged PU scope

-Spawn counter can tick off from 70 seconds

I'll add to the list in quotes as I encounter more.  I know there was more that we noticed but most of my group is offline currently so it's just me and one guy compiling this list as of now.  We didn't go to heli crash sites or anything like that.  Did go to the far North convoy.  Empty.  Also, I don't know how to do a spoiler tag on this forum, so sorry :/

Edited by Haven923
  • Like 11

Has anyone found a hunting scope by any chance?

Yep I've found only one, worn, in the taller hunting stands, on the Southwest side of Stary Yar.

Has anyone found a hunting scope by any chance?

Found 2 so far today. Both pristine in the same hunting stand south of Nadezhdino.

I could've sworn I heard thunder, I hope they add lightning flashes  B)

Thunder and lightning both used to be in. I didn't see/hear either last night, despite frequent ran.

• Like 1