kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

what in gods name is wrong with people?

just logged into the server brian hicks posted today. i had some good equip, hunter jacket, gorka pants, a trumpet with ammo, an fireaxe, a makarov with mags and ammo. i ran around in the town near berenzino, when suddenly a bambi came to my spot. he talked to me, he said "friendly, friendly, friendly! are you friendly?" all the time, but I didnt stop moving, he always followed me. i said "i am if you are. but stop follow me!". i stopped in front of him cause he stopped and waved, then i did the same. suddenly he punshed me in the face and i started to run around, he chased me. he chased me for nearly 15minutes now, he was angry and screamed "fuck you american! fuck you you bitch! i kill you you fucking american, russki power!" suddenly he stopped and said "shoot me! i know you dont have ammo!"
so i gave him 5 shots with my makarov, but he didnt die  > :( he started to chase me again, i wanted to let him die because he was bleeding. suddenly he landed a punch from 5 meters away and i got unconscious  <_<  > :(  > :(  > :(  > :( i cant say how angry i am now ... > :(  > :(  <_<

EDIT: spawned here again, he is still in lumber mill. i dont see him, but i hear him spamming the voice chat with some "russki. russki. <russian things i dont understand>
hope to get a kill this time

Edited by NWGJulian

I'm itching for the push to stable too, but IMO this auto-holstering wouldn't get a good response.

Most players are now running around with their guns drawn because auto-holster is working like ESP ... and who wants to be at a disadvantage?

Now, I'll get an auto-holster, then stop moving, look for quick cover and scan the area immediately - and I'm guessing that the nearby player is doing the exact same thing.

I usually play cautious, relying on awareness for my advantage - locating other players before they notice me - but that's kind of lost now.

Guns drawn changes how you approach other players too - there are a lot more bullets flying this week    B)

I hope they get it figured out soon.

Thats true but are you sure it only happened when there is someone close to you?

Because i always hide somewhere if it happened but i have never seen another player next to me.

Maybe you are right and they do the same and hide and wait. :P

Has someone tried how far away you need to be to trigger that bug?

I give all of you credit for sticking with this near "infectedless" build.

I played about 500 hours with the nearly 0 infected after release and just burnt out.

At some point in the 0.4somethings I started to play in earnest again and then they bumped up the infected numbers and released the new AI and I was playing for long long stretches again.

Pulling the infected out yet again just knocked the wind out of me.

I no longer have much tolerance left for a deserted landscape and the search for 3 infected in as many hours (if you're lucky).

And if I wanted an FPS game for PvP (which I don't), I would never pick a super buggy Alpha of a survival sim to do it on....

I have high hopes that soon the idea of Chernarus being devoid of infected will be a thing of the past.

To those of you trudging forth, godspeed.

• Like 7

-snip-

That's horrible.

Some people are just defective.

I hope you do get revenge in this case.

I think the coming changes to DayZ will make this game less attractive to these types.

Thats true but are you sure it only happened when there is someone close to you?

Because i always hide somewhere if it happened but i have never seen another player next to me.

I'm pretty sure it only happens when someone is close to you. The radius of it is probably between 200-250m. I often don't notice anyone either, but when you are in a high yield area like the airfield or police station, you notice you put your guns away and less then a minute later these people are upon you. Happened to me with guys talking in direct. I could not hear them when I put down my pistol first, but a moment later their voices came in faintly. Most of the time I don't bother stopping. I just look around and if I see nobody continue my walk.

just logged into the server brian hicks posted today. i had some good equip, hunter jacket, gorka pants, a trumpet with ammo, an fireaxe, a makarov with mags and ammo. i ran around in the town near berenzino, when suddenly a bambi came to my spot. he talked to me, he said "friendly, friendly, friendly! are you friendly?" all the time, but I didnt stop moving, he always followed me. i said "i am if you are. but stop follow me!". i stopped in front of him cause he stopped and waved, then i did the same. suddenly he punshed me in the face and i started to run around, he chased me. he chased me for nearly 15minutes now, he was angry and screamed "fuck you american! fuck you you bitch! i kill you you fucking american, russki power!" suddenly he stopped and said "shoot me! i know you dont have ammo!"

so i gave him 5 shots with my makarov, but he didnt die  > :( he started to chase me again, i wanted to let him die because he was bleeding. suddenly he landed a punch from 5 meters away and i got unconscious  <_<  > :(  > :(  > :(  > :( i cant say how angry i am now ... > :(  > :(  <_<

EDIT: spawned here again, he is still in lumber mill. i dont see him, but i hear him spamming the voice chat with some "russki. russki. <russian things i dont understand>

hope to get a kill this time

You found one of the crazies. Typical cannibal, I'd say. I'm really annoyed by those "friendly" shouters as well. I'm going so far now as to shoot everyone first, who shouts friendly. They just wanna get close enough to check out my gear that way. I did have a friendly encounter in Cherno yesterday, but basically I followed this guy around for a few minutes and saw he had nothing, so I told him where I'd been looting already and that there was a guy stacking ammo inside the police station. This kind of encounter always turns out friendly for me. The ones with people shouting "friendly" never do. Especially not when I am better equipped than they are. Unfortunately the weapon-holstering bug and the crazy lag (which somehow isn't apparent visually, but definiately is there target-wise) make it a game of luck who shoots who in a firefight. Even though the server runs smooth for me and everything else works fine, the shooting is like rolling dice at the moment. 

• Like 4

I have no idea what the radius is but I think it's pretty large.

The longest I can confirm is about 600 meters, Dudester and I heard a gunshot when we were near Pass Sosnovy.

We took cover then investigated when we saw a heli crash southeast of Pustoshka, approaching the crash site from the south I holstered.

Tatanko came in and we eventually found two players in Pustoshka, maybe 10 minutes later.

Tatanko and I also tried to track down the mad bomber that landmined Dudester  :P

I saw him through binocs from about 1800 meters (I didn't holster) and saw approximately where he was hiding out.

On the approach, Tatanko holstered (maybe twice?) when he got close.   We found evidence of his looting about 200 meters away, but he either ran off or logged.

I also had it when approaching Myshino tents from the eastern hill, which is about 400 meters, 

I didn't see anyone but due to previous experience I decided to leave.  

and this was just yesterday  <_<

• Like 3

I'm really annoyed by those "friendly" shouters as well. I'm going so far now as to shoot everyone first, who shouts friendly.

I don't take it nearly that far but if they say "friendly" and yet continue to act suspicious, follow me around or try and get too close then I basically drop them and don't think twice about it.

Right after i died from the landmine i spawn in cherno only to find human steaks scattered around town  <_< every time i see human steaks or any sign of cannibalism there is always a cannibal nearby  and i run up the road to balota only to see a guy shoot this guy yelling friendly and proceed to skin and eat his raw meat right there! :o I would have tried to kill this guy but im just trying to survive at this point then it turns to night i run all the way to komarovo im looting some houses only for this random guy in a dallas mask to walk into the house im in and scare the living shit out of me! he pulls out his ak to spray some shots at me and i manage to lose this guy in the woods. I swear exp is feeling more like stable now everyone and there mother is trying to kill you! they don't give a shit that your friendly there thirsty for blood and steaks!

• Like 6

Up in the north around the middle of the map there is a camp with lots of cabins and a couple barracks and a medical center, nw of that is a old base with some destroyed buildings. Just east of that base is a big cement square with a square pit in the middle and a drop down into a pile of dead bodies, above it is a weird metal structure. I really wanted to jump in there. But I didn't :-)

And if I wanted an FPS game for PvP (which I don't), I would never pick a super buggy Alpha of a survival sim to do it on....

Well, this comes down to the kiddies calling for ever more new and fancy weapons - and the bugs with the infected. Together this mixture doesn't go down too well ...

• Like 2

Right after i died from the landmine i spawn in cherno only to find human steaks scattered around town  <_< every time i see human steaks or any sign of cannibalism there is always a cannibal nearby  and i run up the road to balota only to see a guy shoot this guy yelling friendly and proceed to skin and eat his raw meat right there! :o I would have tried to kill this guy but im just trying to survive at this point then it turns to night i run all the way to komarovo im looting some houses only for this random guy in a dallas mask to walk into the house im in and scare the living shit out of me! he pulls out his ak to spray some shots at me and i manage to lose this guy in the woods. I swear exp is feeling more like stable now everyone and there mother is trying to kill you! they don't give a shit that your friendly there thirsty for blood and steaks!

I'm starting to find it very suspicious that everywhere you go there is a trail of human steaks  :ph34r:

• Like 2

So its between 200 and 600 meters.

Ok thanks for that info now i know that i need to be carefull when the bug happened.

More servers today than yesterday?

Has anyone played on GD 0-2 at all? It's this one: http://dayz-servers.org/server/8748/

It's another of the "special" servers that doesn't get used much and/or gets used for internal builds. It has a different (lower) required version number but is still running the current Exp build of 0.58.129052. Just wondering if there is anything different about it like the weather I encountered the other day.

Has anyone played on GD 0-2 at all? It's this one: http://dayz-servers.org/server/8748/

It's another of the "special" servers that doesn't get used much and/or gets used for internal builds. It has a different (lower) required version number but is still running the current Exp build of 0.58.129052. Just wondering if there is anything different about it like the weather I encountered the other day.

i played round about 3 hours on this server and indeed weather is very different on this server.

if it rains, after 600m nothing renders behind windows, tried the same position on an "normal" but rainy server and there was no problem in seeing things in an house with my binocs.

i have got ~10fps (same with and without -newui) more on this servers but watching far things was very flickering.

don´t like this server anymore, became motion sickness playing on it.

• Like 1

Curious who was playing last night 10:00pm-ish EST.  Server basically stopped responding to any action request, take item, drop item, arm yourself, etc.  Just no response what so ever.  I exited of course, and logged back in to only find the same issue.  Seemed all to similar to a DDOS attack, during which I managed to loose an MP5, my kitted 45 FNX, and a couple other items.

I logged in this morning to find an open can of peaches in hand and those other items were no where to be found.  Generally annoyed at the time, for good reason I suppose, especially the loss of the FNX with MRD, silencer and light.

• Like 1

I logged in this morning to find an open can of peaches in hand and those other items were no where to be found.  Generally annoyed at the time, for good reason I suppose, especially the loss of the FNX with MRD, silencer and light.

I feel sorry about what happened, but I laughed so hard about this part. Typical that it leaves you the peaches and nothing else. Dayz is a real asshole sometimes ;) 

OMFG.  After the 8pm Northeast 01 server reset my entire camp is gone. I've lost weeks worth of work.  How about a little bit of F'n notice?  With all the trouble this .58 EXP is having I don't expect to see a stable push for another two weeks.  What a POS this game is becoming.

I've just browsed the list of weapons and realized I had completely forgotten about some of the awesome stuff that is ingame now. Has anyone found a Vintorez yet? How does it handle. I remember it was quite vicious in Arma II but didn't have great range or power. It was a great rifle to spread panic though, because it was nearly impossible to figure out the position of the shooter. It sounded like someone is spitting at you really fast - and then you were dead.

Uses SP-6 rounds? Seriously? An ammotype that's exclusive to a single rifle? Do the Vintorez and ammo spawn together, or are you basically screwed when you have to find that ammo? One of my favorite rifles is probably the SVD. I loved it in Arma and it is even cooler looking here. The SVD is definitely what I'll be looking for next! I need to check out helicrashes anyway. Haven't been hunting for choppers yet and came across a Russian one, only by coincidence. 

Are all these weapons even ingame? I had no idea there is a Red9. It probably sucks balls anyway, but I always thought the broomstick handle and rest of this pistol is an original + crazy design. Wouldn't mind trying one of these out, but where would I find them? Pistols I've found so far are: 1911, Flaregun, P1 (plenty), CR75 (heaps), Magnum, Amphibia, Makarov (bleh). I have a shitload of Winchester Ammo, but of course I find a CR527 ;) This is the list I was looking at:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons

There isn't exactly much info about which arms are ingame, but I guess everything from that list is in 0.58 exp? 

Edited by S3V3N

I give all of you credit for sticking with this near "infectedless" build.

I played about 500 hours with the nearly 0 infected after release and just burnt out.

At some point in the 0.4somethings I started to play in earnest again and then they bumped up the infected numbers and released the new AI and I was playing for long long stretches again.

Pulling the infected out yet again just knocked the wind out of me.

I no longer have much tolerance left for a deserted landscape and the search for 3 infected in as many hours (if you're lucky).

I have high hopes that soon the idea of Chernarus being devoid of infected will be a thing of the past.

To those of you trudging forth, godspeed.

This says it all for me. I'll check back every few weeks to see if DayZ is coming together but I, too, am burnt out. Those of you holding out, you're better than me, what can I say?

Vintorez isnt in yet, maybe for 59 exp? low priority I assume.

Regarding weapons, I think we are pretty close to hitting saturation, I doubt at this point they will add more than maybe one additional assault rifle and a couple of handguns or whatnot. Or maybe something fancy like an auto-shotgun, thats all.

I would love to think otherwise tho as variety is good and having really rare loot to search for gives us something more to do at least.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

This says it all for me. I'll check back every few weeks to see if DayZ is coming together but I, too, am burnt out. Those of you holding out, you're better than me, what can I say?

I get that feeling every couple of weeks. Sometimes I need months to get back into the game, and I'm enjoying it for as long as it lasts, then. Usually when there is a new wipe and bugs from earlier versions are still not fixed, I take a break before I throw a fit (again). It's legitimate to be disappointed by Dayz sometimes. All other Bohemia games have mods that work better than the standalone. I mean, have you seen Exile for Arma 3? Hundred-something player maps, no building limit, improved inventory system and UI. And on top of that: all kinds of vehicles and hardly any lagg at all. Even with 30 people on the same spot and in one vehicle. And in Dayz SA we can't even shoot at each other properly, not only because of the gun glitch, but because the lag is real. We're not on the reported position, sir. 

I'm not sure if the optimism of the devs about their release is not only going to make things much worse when they fail to deliver in time. They are not denying they may need a little more time (up to 6 months), to make the beta release happen, but imho it is chirpy optimism to talk about such things at all when only half the systems of the game are running and being tested and still cause major problems. When I read anything from Dayz devs these days, I treat it as "hypothetical". It could be real, but we'll only know once it is. A custom made engine is the backbone of every great game development, but Infusion is going to have the same problems as the Real Virtuality engine. It's just going to compute these errors faster ;)

Until we know for sure, try to enjoy what is in the game and have some fun with it. It is possible to enjoy playing without zombies, but they are really missing. As well as all the ability to help and rescue other survivors. Days SA is a game that has less compassion for others than the mods had in their darkest hours. Without the screaming and zombies tearing people up. Without the helping of other survivors and making friends and enemies that way, it is not even the same concept as the mod was. Granted, there is more to do already, but in the end, I want zombies to be the enemies and humans to be either heroes or bandits. It's so simple and yet we are still miles away from it...

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

OMFG.  After the 8pm Northeast 01 server reset my entire camp is gone. I've lost weeks worth of work.  How about a little bit of F'n notice?  With all the trouble this .58 EXP is having I don't expect to see a stable push for another two weeks.  What a POS this game is becoming.

You really shouldn't get too invested in your stuff anyway, but that applies to the power of 1000 on Experimental. You could be wiped every 3 hours and not a single fuck would be given, nor should it be. If you are so upset that you feel the need to talk shit, you should opt out of Experimental.

• Like 1