kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Do vehicle wrecks spawn loot now? I remember they didn't in a some earlier versions of .58.

Do vehicle wrecks spawn loot now? I remember they didn't in a some earlier versions of .58.

Static one don't/didn't ones with opining doors and trunks do.

So if I think I found something that crashes servers what do I do about it exactly? I have video.

**edit**

Anyone playing 1pp between 0000 and 0030 PST (GMT-8)  have the server crash I tried 3 times on SNG 0-2, then twice on US SC 0-2, then once on US central 0-2.

I'll upload a video but it'll take awhile.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

So if I think I found something that crashes servers what do I do about it exactly? I have video.

Put it on the bug tracker (set to private).

Don't post it here.

Fire places keep on disappearing on the floor as well as the logs and sticks, forest floor & barns included, bit of a pain when you are wet and cold.

Might be related to lack of free space in inventory, might not  > :(

• Like 3

Don't post it here.

Wasn't going to just confirming.

Edited my post, it'll take a few hours to upload a video will that help?

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

Snip

Fire places keep on disappearing on the floor as well as the logs and sticks, forest floor & barns included, bit of a pain when you are wet and cold.

Might be related to lack of free space in inventory, might not > :(

We just had some fireplaces disappear...been there since Thursday, so we thought it was a timed clean up...went to build a new fireplace and it disappeared as well. Tested item clean up (with a piece of paper) and that lasted maybe 10secs..

Not sure if the item cleanup is working as intended, bit worried as this happened at my camp...

Hi all,

had the impression that the trucks are now spawning at random spawnpoints, can anyone confirm that?

Greets

So I have a new graphics card now which gives me even better quality screenshots.

8YYggsW.jpg

• Like 10

Can confirm the ak-101 spawns in 0.58 experimental also mags do aswell lost a mag to a shotgun before i found the ak itself. found the ak 101 in the green cylinder barracks at the tents in nwaf, also found an aug in there about 2 hours earlier, cant work out how to add a screenshot using tumblr but here is the link

http://imgur.com/SQT2zRj

Nobodys posting like usual.... lazy ass sunday.... Can't wait for tomorrow and the next day , my two dayz off first of all and secondly a hopeful chance at a stable push!! I'm more excited for .59 Experimental but .58 stable should hold me over for at least two weeks... Here's a nice landscape pic of the chernarus earth and moon i caught last night playing a peaceful session (the moon seems re-textured ! :) ) :

A Midsummer Nights Dayz:

2pDguzU.jpg

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 3

I'm getting severe lag and FPS drops on experimental servers, and I have never experienced this on stable builds. The game frequently freezes, lags, and drops below 30 FPS most of the time, even though I've been using game boosters and I have tried to put my settings on lower quality. Please can somebody help me find a solution?

Do you guys have any idea when .58 goes to stable? I'm thinking of playing some exp but if the update is coming I will wait for it...

I just killed someone on one of the exp servers.

I was just finished looting a town near green mountain ,was about to head back into the forest.

Suddenly ran into another player coming out of the woods.

My plan was to just run away ,but he hit me with something so i started to bleed =P

Emptied my P1 and he went unconcious.

Before i ran i took a PSO scope and a full matchbox.

I didn`t have more bullets on me so i went to my stash not far away.

When i got back it was nightime so i couldn`t find the body.

Just wondering if he survived to be honest.

Pretty sure i found the spot he went down and my aim wasn`t exactly accurate due to adrenaline.

That feeling when i couldn`t find the body.. jeez

Always finish em off. If they are on the ground with blood squirting, they are unconscious. They can regain consciousness long enough to kill you or bandage up. If no ammo left, melee him or check his pulse.

Always finish em off. If they are on the ground with blood squirting, they are unconscious. They can regain consciousness long enough to kill you or bandage up. If no ammo left, melee him or check his pulse.

I had no idea if this guy was alone and i had no more ammo on me.

Not worth the risk of loosing everything. I knew he didn`t have a gun so even if he did wake up i would still have the upper hand.

My scrolling wheel on my mouse is messed up so check pulse wasnt an option.

Don't post it here.

Might be related to lack of free space in inventory, might not  > :(

Yeah, I noticed it too, but if u are quick to put the fireplace on the ground and light it instantly - use logs when it's on fire. 

I manage that earlier to get some warmth. 

NB  You need some spare slots in your backpack though for logs - 'logs' vanish on the ground. 

Updated: I tested item persistence on a black dry bag full of loot + a blaze weapon on the ground behind a tree just north of Cherno

couple of hours before I watched a soccer game. And I picked up the items couple of hours later and I returned from Cherno - so 

specific items like logs are buged for sure.

Edited by Ori42

They don't, and they might never again. The wrecked tank, V3S, Humvee, and others that can't be interacted with are intended to just be decoration for the map now. Vehicles that have doors/trunk lids that can be opened will still spawn loot.

Do you guys have any idea when .58 goes to stable? I'm thinking of playing some exp but if the update is coming I will wait for it...

At this point, probably Wednesday.

I did a few runs today on US SE 0-1 from Berezhki to Nagornoe and through all of the towns in the northeast (north of the highway) and I noticed there were no barrels. 

I thought it may have been the server so I switched and went hunting for one - but the same thing, there wasn't a single barrel to be found in the northeast.

Maybe it's intentional to keep it rare or maybe it's accidental, you never know with these sneaky devs :D  

but I thought it's worth a mention to see if anyone has seen one in a spawn location today.

• Like 1

I did a few runs today on US SE 0-1 from Berezhki to Nagornoe and through all of the towns in the northeast (north of the highway) and I noticed there were no barrels. 

I thought it may have been the server so I switched and went hunting for one - but the same thing, there wasn't a single barrel to be found in the northeast.

Maybe it's intentional to keep it rare or maybe it's accidental, you never know with these sneaky devs :D  

but I thought it's worth a mention to see if anyone has seen one in a spawn location today.

I'd say they're all getting taken and used or the devs dialed them back a bunch. I've found a few in the NE, lots in the NW, and lots on the coast initially. My last few days they've been few and far between for me.   

• Like 1

What I sometimes wonder about is why they don't "bake" a version of the map for the sake of increased performance. As I recall, it has been stated that all houses are dynamic objects at the moment. Sure it's perfect to tweak their placement, but it means thousands of objects on the map are dynamic, which need not be dynamic at all. And they eat away performance without visual difference to a baked object. Only the doors need to be dynamic, since they have to open/close. 

You don't wanna bake your maps often, because it takes a long time to finish, but with the performance issues, I wonder if it would not be a good idea to use a template map for now (the current layout) and work on map changes, updating the entire map, maybe every 4-6 months. There has already been so much good work done on the environments. I can only imagine they do the baking, once the last big blank spaces on the map have been filled (NATO base and such). It should be a pretty big performance boost to bake those houses into the map. All the dynamic houses and objects are one reason, why we get the framedrops in cities. And no, despite all the baking, it won't smell delicious in Bohemia's offices ;)

Edited by S3V3N

Good thing fing is gone on holiday.  Got back to camp this mornign after a few days away:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497005114

lol, it reminds me I need to start reading/viewing notes and paper. 

Loot table update: I feel it's very hard to find any ammo in general at the moment - it might be 

some respawn issues with ammo. I've been searching in couple of villages now without any luck including some deer stance (far north-east of Cherno.) 

I find truck battery, and prestine drink and food though.

Edited by Ori42

Just crashed sng 0-2 again, are we going to get a new exp to try before stable so we can see if this bug is gone or is it something they've already fixed internally?

Even better, it duped the offending item.

Loot Table: - Field shovel (wild growth) in one of the top outlook towers - I saw 6 field shovels up there -

I didn't take any screen shoots though.  And full servers feels empty - I only see players on low population servers, and they usually

change servers near NW Airfield. I ate in a hangar earlier today with 4 people on the server and a dude shoot me while I ate my lunch, lol.

Edited by Ori42