kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

1.  Can anyone confirm the only place plate carriers spawn is out on the prison island?  It's the only place on the map I have seen them since .56.

2.  Have you noticed when you open a box of ammo you get a piece of paper now?  Reminds me of MRE cardboard postcards.

Anyway, g'night you hairy grip muldoons.

1. I've seen it nowhere, and haven't been to Prison island in 0.58 yet. The pouches seem to spawn mostly in fire stations, and holsters in those lootsplosions all around town.

I would love to start seeing other color plate carriers, like black, green, or even camo. Maybe even different colors of smersh equipment. 

Someone mentioned tanning / dying the torso pistol holster.

2. Someone pointed out that the description on the boxes of ammo say they also come with cardboard boxes, so maybe it's just a placeholder until they get those in?

Hopefully empty soda cans and food tins will be available after eating / drinking. I'm assuming this is why the tripwire doesn't work yet. You'd need empty cans (not in yet), or grenades (aren't spawning in 0.58) before you could use the tripwire.

Was able to play for a few minutes this morning, and saw a fox for the second time, and this time I shot it to get a closer look. Really hoping the pelt will be usable to make either a small courrier bag, or even a vest or something.

Also, came across a boar and didn't let my chance fly to craft my fav backpack.

2j3pnyg.jpg

aewtb4.jpg

ru2lcm.jpg

20zcx3s.jpg

The UMP45 is a nice addition and I really like it, but it gets damaged very fast. This one was pristine when I found it, and after disposing of many infected, and firing about 100 rounds, it's now damaged. 

ketg5y.jpg

That UMP45 looks amazing. Love the screenshots

• Like 1

Short session with ColdAtrophy.

w0VXwlM.jpg

Riding down the road I saw a cop car and my friend could not.

I'm telling him to stop as we plow through it with no damage and he then turns around and can now see the car in the road.

I had the presence of mind to snap a picture from the cab of the truck.

92SnfDJ.jpg

When we hopped out to investigate, the car disappeared.

mwrtCZk.jpg

This seems like confirmation that some lootsplosions  are tied to dynamic events/cop cars.

An infected got caught in the chassis and became "slender zombie".

So that's a thing too.

i8AVhc9.jpg

Some lootsplosions in the road can create a hazard.

We collided with one that ruined our tires and the tire repair kit did not seem to work at the moment.

OE3bqC1.jpg

Maybe we we're supposed to see loot heavy cop cars in abundance in this build?

Possibly tied to a more civilian cross section of loot but somehow it flailed....

Edit: infected respawn seems to be working in some hotspots and larger towns/cities.

Small but persistent waves of infected descended as we picked the loot pile that had the disappearing cop car.

Someone tried the repair kit awhile ago and it works, the tires have stages of damage and if they're ruined they can't be patched.

• Like 2

Short session with ColdAtrophy.

i love seeing the pics of you guys playing the build and having good times, makes me wish i could play but im nowhere near home. work sucks, but its gettign me a new PC hopefully.

• Like 3

Someone tried the repair kit awhile ago and it works, the tires have stages of damage and if they're ruined they can't be patched.

I wasn't the one testing it and didn't know to ask him if the tire shown a specific level of wear....

Will do so in the future.

:thumbsup:

2 whole hours and no one has posted anything? come on guys :P

• Like 1

Dudester and I just broke our legs while just standing in the top of the tower at prison island. Not sure what kind of bug that was, but it really freaked us out.

• Like 2

Spent a few hours tonight playing with Dudester, IMT, tux, Rykkor, and Chef Bananas (the last two need to get their asses onto the forums!).

I'll say it again: the performance is great, other than stutters driving through areas with loot piles. The loot piles themselves are also of course a problem.

Really hoping they'll be able to squash these issues with a new build this week and get 0.58 onto Stable! :)

A few pics below, including my ending outfit. Now that I have the plate carrier I need to visit some of those loot piles for pouches and a holster, but I'm okay with a character wipe happening tomorrow just the same.

pJu31r1.jpg

2IbhrB8.jpg

aFULsJK.jpg

PFg00DJ.jpg

hnUWu8T.jpg

NbJXV0R.jpg

bmcXhrf.jpg

• Like 7

Spent a few hours tonight playing with Dudester, IMT, tux, Rykkor, and Chef Bananas (the last two need to get their asses onto the forums!).

I'll say it again: the performance is great, other than stutters driving through areas with loot piles. The loot piles themselves are also of course a problem.

Really hoping they'll be able to squash these issues with a new build this week and get 0.58 onto Stable! :)

A few pics below, including my ending outfit. Now that I have the plate carrier I need to visit some of those loot piles for pouches and a holster, but I'm okay with a character wipe happening tomorrow just the same.

pJu31r1.jpg

2IbhrB8.jpg

aFULsJK.jpg

PFg00DJ.jpg

hnUWu8T.jpg

NbJXV0R.jpg

bmcXhrf.jpg

Is there a announced wipe?

Found a mine to see if it stays armed through a reset trying to decide if I should use the kids account to test it or yolo myself on it in two hours.

Got a teddy bear an paper to see if notes persist for boneboys if I can find a pen also.

Is there a announced wipe?

No sir, sorry if that seemed implied in what I said. Just me being hopeful for a new build tomorrow, and a wipe to go with it.

Edited by Tatanko

No sir, sorry if that seemed implied in what I said. Just me being hopeful for a new build tomorrow, and a wipe to go with it.

I've been expecting something to clean up the loot piles.

You guys seen them on the beach yet? Was walking the beach in Berizino and foun piles of boat loot every hundred yards or so but not near an actual boat.

• Like 1

I hope there's a character/persistence wipe as well as it sucks seeing houses empty because of the freaking server hopping <censored>.

I hope there's a character/persistence wipe as well as it sucks seeing houses empty because of the freaking server hopping <censored>.

How can you reasonably attribute an empty house to server hoppers?

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 4

I'm not sure the hoppers are taking the loot I've been on the same server for days and its low pop with very few short term players in the list. I'm finding the empty places near the loot pukes and think they're messing up the even distribution of loot in their area.

Just ran the beach south from the shipwreck to the turn west and saw about a thousand cargo pants and wellies, 4 mines and 4 netting allong with way more boat loot than should be there. Any of the houses or sheds I hit on the way were empty.

I've been expecting something to clean up the loot piles.

You guys seen them on the beach yet? Was walking the beach in Berizino and foun piles of boat loot every hundred yards or so but not near an actual boat.

I seen this today looking for netting. There was one boat with 3 jerry cans heh. But they were also disappearing as well. I would see the pile ahead of me, get about halfway there then it would just vanish.

• Like 1

Dudester and I just broke our legs while just standing in the top of the tower at prison island. Not sure what kind of bug that was, but it really freaked us out.

Yeah, that's the Prison Island specific bug, the best way to avoid it is to not go up the circular staircase.  But IF YOU MUST, hit "x" and move around in the crouch, do not stand completely up until you are out of the stair case.

• Like 2

How can you reasonably attribute an empty house to server hoppers?

The same way people blame guns instead of the people using them?  Yeah, with you, Hoppers don't give two shits about houses, the hit lucrative sites like barracks and helicrashes. 

• Like 2

The same way people blame guns instead of the people using them?  Yeah, with you, Hoppers don't give two shits about houses, the hit lucrative sites like barracks and helicrashes. 

Reason I blame hoppers is because I've noticed it happening since before 0.57. If it's not hoppers then m65 jackets must be rare as I haven't found any recently.

I seen this today looking for netting. There was one boat with 3 jerry cans heh. But they were also disappearing as well. I would see the pile ahead of me, get about halfway there then it would just vanish.

That's weird, on my computer they were appearing when I got 50 or so yards away but after they pooped up if I turned and looked back as I left them they'd stay visible as far as I'd expect on my rig. Did see a boat disappear right in front of me as I was checking the loot around it, some boats floating like the loot under them was holding them up and lots of piles with no boat.

I positioned my kids fresh spawn 1pp player and made my way there to place a mine before restart, found 3 more mines on the way, 1 pristine, and 2 damaged, already had a worn one. I threw the 2 damaged ones found at the same spot coincidentally straight in the ocean and took the pristine one. I placed the worn mine 10 minutes before restart did some stuff until 10 after and logged in the other account. It was disarmed when found and had degraded to damaged status. Being on a fresh character I figured what the hell I tried arming it and didn't get killed just a 3 second warning to back away. It was also interesting I placed it on the "search for stones" texture figuring it would be easier to see but it actually sunk in just barely showing the trigger on top, not sure if it was the texture or the contour of the beach.

I'm going to try shooting and maybe disarming with the pristine one I have left.   

Reason I blame hoppers is because I've noticed it happening since before 0.57. If it's not hoppers then m65 jackets must be rare as I haven't found any recently.

I've saw a few m65 jackets last week in the log houses that are puking puffy coats right now but in much smaller numbers than the the other coats. I'm pretty sure this this is the early stages of the developers being able to adjust loot spawns on the fly.     

Ok sneaking around, checking every building in a big town, is difficult. 1PP makes coming around corners exciting and scanning quickly in a busy town full of windows is a full time job. I slipped into that factory area with the water pump west of the empty vybor military base. Outside the west gate was a lootsplosion and inside the gate past the water pump was another lootsplosion. It's hard to pass up the sporter with two 30 round mag's and two boxes of .22. A couple boxes of .308 and some other items I needed. I ran off into the woods and I wondered if that lootsplosion was random or a set fixture, so I did what I almost never do, hopped over to an eastern server 1pp and sure enough the same two splosions, they were not as well stocked as the ones on the western server, so maybe several players had found them on the eastern server. Model 70 with worn hunting scope makes easy 600m shots from the knee, which is very nice. It's not too easy to find something to shoot at that far away and find a place to lay prone without crap in your face. I have made some shots through the grass and the grass didn't seem to bother the round, but it's hard to see. I need to cook this smelly boar meat before it turns on me. :-D Oh ya, the M65 jacket seems pretty rare now, I look everywhere in every town until I find the things I need most. Cargo pants, M65 jacket, model 70, .308's, hunting scope. I found a completed map in a lootpile, that was a first for me. Still haven't found a military vest.

Edited by Excanto

Lootsplosions are fricken everywhere. Grishinoe has 2 within 100 ft of each other. Another town, I forget the name, had 3 or 4 on the same street. 

*snip*

Still haven't found a military vest.

They're not puking out of the long barracks anymore?

I've saw a few m65 jackets last week in the log houses that are puking puffy coats right now but in much smaller numbers than the the other coats. I'm pretty sure this this is the early stages of the developers being able to adjust loot spawns on the fly.     

I'll admit I'm probably wrong so if I am then I apologize. Speaking of the lootsplosions on the coast I've ran across them several times and never once had trouble seeing any of the boats the lootsplosions were at and had no trouble spotting the boats they were at.

• Like 1

They're not puking out of the long barracks anymore?

I've seen some around some military vehicles but that was few and far in-between. I told him a good place to find some if he wants to check for one.

ok loot respawn doesn't work - it's broken in 0.58, except heli crash sites.

I've almost been on all experimental servers. 

However, it's possible to find apples when u no longer bother to check houses. 

Edited by Ori42