NomadZ

Everyone plays the game the way they want, so...

Wow, all this retarded white knighting in this thread.

Nah its not that, some people actually like it when theres a chance to loose your precious loot and die, for me its a HUGE part of the game.

Some people like to combat log to run from danger and then start pointless threads on the forums.

Like the OP said, we all got different playstyles.

• Like 5

Nah its not that, some people actually like it when theres a chance to loose your precious loot and die, for me its a HUGE part of the game.

Some people like to combat log to run from danger and then start pointless threads on the forums.

Like the OP said, we all got different playstyles.

Good point! :)

Wow, all this retarded white knighting in this thread.

Contribute or don't bother..

Contribute or don't bother..

Oh but I did. I just commented on how everyone is a hypocrite because I'm sure there's noone who doesn't use everything to their advantage. But you had to go ahead and hide it so congrats. Job well done.

Oh but I did. I just commented on how everyone is a hypocrite because I'm sure there's noone who doesn't use everything to their advantage. But you had to go ahead and hide it so congrats. Job well done.

Your post history confirms otherwise, your contribution is not appreciated.

It is amusing that at least 90% of the flamers in this thread are actually doing this themselves.

Survival is about taking advantage of the rules presented to you. If combat logging allows you to survive, you do it. Same with 3pp exploits.

The developers can solve this by adding penalties until it is no longer worth it, though.

• Like 2

Oh, brave sir robin.

How can devs add penalties to someone logging out? They all ready have you stay in game during the log out. Unless you mean make people's character stay longer while logging?

then hooray for you, honourable knights. :)

By honorable knights you mean pre-pubescent kids that run around trying to blow a hole in you because they think the whole games one big cluster fuck frag fest than boy you must be tripping on shrooms.

We say, everyone plays the game the way they want, so that means everyone has right to combat log when they want to. I was getting surrounded by KOSing bandits and I don't have a gun, but to avoid giving them all my food, I logged out. Why? Because I can.

Next time you do that especially in buildings make sure you bring a lock pick with you. That way they need to bust through the doors rather than just out right click rush in and KOS you while you log. And if you have land mines and bear traps make there life a living hell by booby trapping the hall and entrance outside they have to get to you.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Oh, brave sir robin.

How can devs add penalties to someone logging out? They all ready have you stay in game during the log out. Unless you mean make people's character stay longer while logging?

How about increasing character disappearance time to, perhaps, five minutes? This will make it very important to actually finding a safe spot.

• Like 2

How about increasing character disappearance time to, perhaps, five minutes? This will make it very important to actually finding a safe spot.

yes, a slight increase in character disappearance time is a good idea, but keep in mind that server/client crashes happens sometimes and you don't want to stay for 5 minutes in the middle of veresnick because your game crashed ;)

combat loggers... i first dispited them, but in the end i like them more and more these days. i don't know why, but you can feel the fear and panic in their mind while they run away, trying to hide behind a bush or in a house. they make you save bullets and preserve their gear as they are standing still during their execution, it's almost comical and its feels better to kill a coward that combat log than a regular player. in my experience, combat loggers are heavily geared most of the time and panic because of all the good gear they carry, i never heard about an almost freshspawn combat logger, your mister OP are the king of combat loggers, congratulations :)

Edited by Zboub le météor

Id go for that, in fact i would say even longer 15 maybe? Although as said above crashes would be a problem, unless there was a way to remove your character from the "world" if you were logging back on to the same server you logged off of, that way if you abort the process it simply resets the 15 mins?

Edited by tiadashi

One of the little luxuries of a wipe (my precious M4...sob :( ) is that, running around with nothing or very little, you have nothing to lose. Last night a bunch of us got friendly at the coast and just ran around having a good time. First time I've done that in months. And if someone had shot me, I really wouldn't have minded...

We say, everyone plays the game the way they want, so that means everyone has right to combat log when they want to.

Combat logging is not playing the game.

I was getting surrounded by KOSing bandits

So if they killed you on sight... weren't you dead anyways?

Why? Because I can.

Yes you can - and that's a bug.
  • Like 2

By honorable knights you mean pre-pubescent kids that run around trying to blow a hole in you because they think the whole games one big cluster fuck frag fest.

:D  the elite honor of a 5vs1 kill, or sniping a freshspawn

• Like 1

Combat logging isn't a playstyle.  Logging out because you're afraid to lose your gear (you didn't even have a gun, dude) is what happened to the OP. 

• Like 2

:D  the elite honor of a 5vs1 kill, or sniping a freshspawn

Idk its all pretty fucking crappy. XD

It is amusing that at least 90% of the flamers in this thread are actually doing this themselves.

Survival is about taking advantage of the rules presented to you. If combat logging allows you to survive, you do it. Same with 3pp exploits.

The developers can solve this by adding penalties until it is no longer worth it, though.

Please, speak for yourselves.

This is a survival game. Combat logging is an exploit.

Calling combat logging a playstyle is like calling duping a playstyle. Duping is a bannable offence in all servers, and I'm sure more admins would ban combat loggers if it were easier to find them.

90% of the fun I get out of this game comes from the fact that I could die at any time. Meeting new people (who might kill me), visiting new areas (where people are waiting to kill me), trying new survival techniques (which will somehow get me killed), driving around (where I might hit something invisible and crash, killing me), and looting up (where I might fall and be killed), are all encouraged, and are what make this game so great.

• Like 3

Please, speak for yourselves.

This is a survival game. Combat logging is an exploit.

Calling combat logging a playstyle is like calling duping a playstyle. Duping is a bannable offence in all servers, and I'm sure more admins would ban combat loggers if it were easier to find them.

90% of the fun I get out of this game comes from the fact that I could die at any time. Meeting new people (who might kill me), visiting new areas (where people are waiting to kill me), trying new survival techniques (which will somehow get me killed), driving around (where I might hit something invisible and crash, killing me), and looting up (where I might fall and be killed), are all encouraged, and are what make this game so great.

I AM NOT ARGUING AGAINST THIS.

I am saying that if you can exploit, you will exploit. This is why the developers need to include severe penalties for such behaviour, and also why they need to remove the 3rd person view.

It'd be nice if the time your character stayed in the game after logout was increased from 30s to a full minute. Yeah, it wouldn't stop it, but it it's an improvement. 30s is nothing in DayZ.

Where the hell do you get the 90% from ? 

Survival is taking advantage of the rules sure....but not exploiting them. Your opinion is flawed. 3PP is an unfortunate game mechanic but not an exploit. Combat logging is....hence the 30 second penalty timer. 

• Like 1

I combat logged once. Was, maybe, the second or third character I'd ever had way back in January or February of last year. Was running through a village when somebody started taking pot shots at me. I pussed out, hid in a shed and logged out. Logged back in a few days later and I still had all of my shitty gear and came to the realisation that I had been scared to lose some low-end virtual gear in a videogame. Like it was, what, a mosin with no ammo, a backpack and maybe some food? I also realised that the dude shooting at me must have been disappointed as fuck to carefully make his way through the village only to find an empty shed and a puddle of piss.

Not done it since. Dying is a part of the game. It sucks but you learn from it. If logging is how you enjoy the game then good for you I guess, but feel fortunate that not everybody has the same idea of fun as you.

• Like 1

Combat logging is NOT something I do to LEGIT players, hell i rarely back down on good ol firefight, when its a LEGIT firefight. I will combat log only when there is an illegitimate player teleporting around the map and spawning in zombies and whatever else those types of players like to do. In that situation I go ahead and log cause whatever gear you had is gone anyway....there is no fight with those types of players so i just dont give them the opportunity to trash talk after they kill me miraculously.

We say, everyone plays the game the way they want, so that means everyone has right to combat log when they want to. I was getting surrounded by KOSing bandits and I don't have a gun, but to avoid giving them all my food, I logged out. Why? Because I can.

Its your prerogative you can do what you want to do. However those are the moments that test you the most, cannot ever have an epic encounter where you defy all the odds when you just decide to cease to exist.

• Like 1

Its your prerogative you can do what you want to do. However those are the moments that test you the most, cannot ever have an epic encounter where you defy all the odds when you just decide to cease to exist.

Exactly. Combat logging is just robbing you of the experience you could've had with that player interaction. You're not going to get any better at the game. What would you even be saving your gear for anyway.

Relax, you did the right thing.

For a ten year old girl.

• Like 6