Sign in to follow this  
blackberrygoo

Chris Alluding to new gun ?

Well I'm really bored and found a tweet by eugen that said this :

As You see , Chris torchia replied with his tweet and an image of a gun that looks like it's awaiting configuration and skinning ... Any thoughts on this ? Am I overlooking because I'm dayz craving ?

• Like 2

What the cock is that? It looks like two guns glued together.

a M107 humping some kind of weird AR style gun.

Lol I know right !! I'm not really sure but we need clarification haha (I'm probably just looking too far into this ).

Lol I know right !! I'm not really sure but we need clarification haha (I'm probably just looking too far into this ).

Pfft, whatever it is I approve. I suspect it might be a joke on Chris' part, though.

An M107 on another sniper, with what looks like a UZI under the barrel of the second gun...

Gun centipede?? This is witchcraft I tell you...   :|

3 actually, look under the second barrel.  ;)

3 actually, look under the second barrel.  ;)

Oh. Haha! I thought that was a grip or something ;D

An M107 on another sniper, with what looks like a UZI under the barrel of the second gun...

Gun centipede?? This is witchcraft I tell you...   :|

It's a Mac10.

What a silly model he has.

Edited by Heav
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure this is a joke, though Red Jacket (or whatever they're calling themselves now) made a shotgun with an underbarrel SMG (which I think was also a Mac10).  Looks like a .50 with a slightly smaller caliber under that, and the Mac10.

Another reason why this is a joke would be the 'clipping' issues with the other guns, the grip and magazine of the (AR/DMR) is well below the bipod of the .50, and the Mac10 is even further below that.  I'm slightly worried that this might mean they're working on a M107 for DayZ, but he could have just 'merged' the 3 diffent models into one for the joke.

Just curious, anyone know what the middle gun is?  Thought it might be an AR type rifle at first, but it's missing the buffer.

• Like 2

This is most definitely a joke! :D And Chris is guilty of more.

It is a M107 (with a fancy little red dot), paired with an MRAD without buttstock and a Mac10. Keep in mind that Chris has been working on Arma 3 before he became a part of the DayZ Dev team, so these might not necessarily be DayZ models. Though be informed that Chris absolutely loves his MRAD and it's a pipe dream of his to have it in the game.

This is most definitely a joke! :D And Chris is guilty of more.

It is a M107 (with a fancy little red dot), paired with an MRAD without buttstock and a Mac10. Keep in mind that Chris has been working on Arma 3 before he became a part of the DayZ Dev team, so these might not necessarily be DayZ models. Though be informed that Chris absolutely loves his MRAD and it's a pipe dream of his to have it in the game.

Well now that you've linked that April fools day tweet I'm believing this is definitely a hoax lol ... I'm sure he's got a sweet WIP for us to see soon that isn't a joke!

What the hell is that a m107 glued to another no stock m107 to a Mac 10 well its pretty funny to looks at though. I always wanted a Mac 10 or 11.

Lol you guys should know by now I don't know guns :D ... And here was this pretty little thread making you think a new awesome gun was coming to dayz lol ... I want an m-240, and an fn-fal (two favorite weapons for some reason) , how about you guys ?

That's an M107 with Chris' past model of a Barrett MRAD and a MAC-10 underneath it. It's already been said that we'll (probably) never have semi-automatic AMRs like that, and Chris has said that even including the bolt-action MRAD is a pipe dream at this point, but that MAC-10 seems like a real possibility.

If the MAC is indeed for DayZ, then we'll have a pretty good fleshed out system of SMGs; the .380 PM73 and Skorpion, 9x19 MP5K, .45 UMP45, and the MAC could be any of those three calibers (MAC-10 in 9x19/.45 or MAC-11 in .380)

That's an M107 with Chris' past model of a Barrett MRAD and a MAC-10 underneath it. It's already been said that we'll (probably) never have semi-automatic AMRs like that, and Chris has said that even including the bolt-action MRAD is a pipe dream at this point, but that MAC-10 seems like a real possibility.

If the MAC is indeed for DayZ, then we'll have a pretty good fleshed out system of SMGs; the .380 PM73 and Skorpion, 9x19 MP5K, .45 UMP45, and the MAC could be any of those three calibers (MAC-10 in 9x19/.45 or MAC-11 in .380)

Ehh, at this point I don't think I could count out anything...

Well I'm really bored and found a tweet by eugen that said this :

As You see , Chris torchia replied with his tweet and an image of a gun that looks like it's awaiting configuration and skinning ... Any thoughts on this ? Am I overlooking because I'm dayz craving ?

dude its a derpgun.

Yeah, if we read between the lines, we can see that MAC-10 is coming.

Ehh, at this point I don't think I could count out anything...

Well, it's been asked multiple times whether anti-materiel rifles and such would be added and the general dev answer seems to be "No." (although it's often somewhat ambiguous.) Things like the desert eagle, while an extreme oddity, have never really been commented on before. Aesthetic-wise you're right in that they probably aren't as reserved on what they add as they could be, but their disdain towards AMRs stemmed from their effect on gameplay rather than the fact that an M107 isn't the most plausible weapon to find (though it wouldn't be the worst sniper rifle to add if they felt like adding them.)

I definitely think that they've changed their mindset on weapons a lot; the devs frowned upon having multi-platform optics for civilian rifles before as they didn't want everyone to be "leet sniporz", and yet now we have a hunting scope that works on several different guns. With snipers themselves it also seems like things have changed because they were very hesitant to add the SVD even though it had been in progress for over a year, yet not only did we get the SVD with the update, but also the VSS Vintorez and a marksman scope dedicated for AKs. .308 Winchester and 9x39/SP-6 were other things that had been in discussion for awhile but always seemed unlikely until recently, especially considering how few guns can even use SP-6. And yeah, I honestly don't really think a Desert Eagle, Mauser C96, or even UMP45 would've been as valid an idea if it were brought up a year ago from today.

What hasn't changed is their need to keep ammunition names different from each other. But hey, if they're concerned they can just add 7.62x25mm under ".30 Tokarev" or something.

M107 in .50 cal, with undermounted M98 in .338 cal, with undermount MAC 10.  My only question:  Why not a shotgun in the middle instead of the redundant sniper/anti-material rifle?