Sign in to follow this  
vfxtodd

Going bandit hunting before wipe tonight

I figure since there will be a complete wipe tonight to introduce patch .56, I want to use the ammo I have to hunt down some Bandits. Because of work, I'll probably start around 9pm PST. I've got lots of ammo thanks to my running partner, so I want to make the most of it.

Anyone else have plans before tonight's wipe?

The wipe is tonight? Didn't know that xD Quick question, how do you intend on differentiating bandit and non-bandit?

The wipe is tonight? Didn't know that xD Quick question, how do you intend on differentiating bandit and non-bandit?

I define bandits by players who stop other players to rob them of their loot, usually killing the player before robbing them. Or they camp out purely for the sake of shooting players that walk by them. Or they camp and snipe players. Basically, players that kill on sight fall into the Bandit category.

This is a survival game. So if you're "surviving" by killing other players, you're a bandit in my book.

• Like 1

patch/wipe is probably next week and going to be .57 not .56

• Like 2

So you basically want to go engage in some PvP. Gotcha. Please don't attempt to justify it. It's perfectly fine. (;

It hasn't been called 'bandit hunting' since '92.

• Like 6

I've got lots of ammo, so I want to make the most of it.

What Grimey said, 

You don't need to explain your douche-baggery here.  We will still welcome you with open arms.   :)

Douche-baggery? So, killing players for their loot is perfectly fine, but defending players who are the ones being killed and robbed is not? How is this a problem? How am I "justifying" the defense of players being robbed?

Oh, and "bandit hunting" hasn't been in use since 1992? DayZ hasn't been around since 1992. So what is your reasoning behind your comment?

• Like 1

"Bandit Hunting" has to be the most frequent excuse ever to actually play as a bandit.

If your goal is to go out and murder people then you're a bandit.  This means you.

If you would've said  "I still have all this ammo, I need to find bodies to put them in."  then your intentions would be much clearer, without the fluff.

I want to use the ammo I have to hunt down some Bandits.

Personally, I find this statement to be adorable.  :)

Dude he was trolling you. Chill out.

I'm fine. Since I can't read minds, and since there are jerks and nice people on these forums there's no way to know after a couple posts whether or not someone is trolling me. I'm still playing the game the way I want to.

Enjoy your day.

"Bandit Hunting" has to be the most frequent excuse ever to actually play as a bandit.

If your goal is to go out and murder people then you're a bandit.  This means you.

If you would've said  "I still have all this ammo, I need to find bodies to put them in."  then your intentions would be much clearer, without the fluff.

Personally, I find this statement to be adorable.  :)

Agree to disagree. Just because I didn't use your words doesn't mean mine were wrong or unclear. And killing players who are killing and robbing players is not the same as a bandit. I'm not doing it to take their supplies or gear. By your reasoning, police who shoot at people robbing banks are bank robbers, too. Makes no sense.

I prefer to just go on a murdering spree. KOS anything that moves, fresh spawn or not.

• Like 3

This is a video game, you can't realistically make that comparison with the bank robbers.  

So, you plan on stalking bandits until they kill someone and then killing that bandit.  Good luck with that, buddy.

Seeing as how the wipe isn't coming yet, maybe you could use some help to identify your targets, as well as judge the integrity of the people they have killed.  Trust me, you don't want to live with the knowledge that you just killed a man thinkin he was a bandit, but later found that the guy that the"bandit"  just shot, was skinning bambis just for kicks just out of your sightline.

That was only mild trolling.  Everything coming from Grimey Rick is somewhere on the troll spectrum, and often hilarious if you can make out the obscure references.

• Like 1

I prefer to just go on a murdering spree. KOS anything that moves, fresh spawn or not.

Agreed. I'm heading down to the coast to see just how fast I can turn my soon-to-be-extinct M4 from pristine to badly damaged.

And I'm taking at least two repair kits with me.

Seeing as how the wipe isn't coming yet, maybe you could use some help to identify your targets, as well as judge the integrity of the people they have killed.  Trust me, you don't want to live with the knowledge that you just killed a man thinkin he was a bandit, but later found that the guy that the"bandit"  just shot, was skinning bambis just for kicks just out of your sightline.

That was only mild trolling.  Everything coming from Grimey Rick is somewhere on the troll spectrum, and often hilarious if you can make out the obscure references.

Very true. That's why it's best to play with a partner. So you can put your heads together and work out what the next course of action should be.

I must admit, all this banter back and forth from OP, and he got the whole details of the wipe wrong. Silly wabbit, trix are for kids...

I define bandits by players who stop other players to rob them of their loot, usually killing the player before robbing them. Or they camp out purely for the sake of shooting players that walk by them. Or they camp and snipe players. Basically, players that kill on sight fall into the Bandit category.

This is a survival game. So if you're "surviving" by killing other players, you're a bandit in my book.

LOL, so when I hide in the bushes and run to take a bio, I might hear a loud bang from the living room? 

Off from work early since servers are acting up. So I'll be DayZ-ing it in about an hour.

I must admit, all this banter back and forth from OP, and he got the whole details of the wipe wrong. Silly wabbit, trix are for kids...

Pointless statement #121 ♿️

Agreed. I'm heading down to the coast to see just how fast I can turn my soon-to-be-extinct M4 from pristine to badly damaged.

And I'm taking at least two repair kits with me.

Well I made it to balota from svetlo and only got 1 kill the whole time. He was decent geared but fell for my sniper bait in Berzino. I e been set up for about 10 mins here on a 30/30 server and only seen one freshie. Is balota a ghost town now?

Good man, don't go around shooting cause they like the style of a face mask :p (Judge by actions, not appearance)

Problem is that it's really difficult to tell who is bad and who is good.

For example: one day I help people the next day I kill everbody I see.

Or if you read my threat "Disinfectant 100% deadly?" you will find out that some people are playing very smart.

Difficult to know who's a bandit.

I just become a murderer before a wipe. ;)

Edited by too-easy
  • Like 1

Problem is that it's really difficult to tell who is bad and who is good.

..//..

Bad =

anyone in 100% military gear with automatic weapons

Bad =

anyone with a facemask

Bad =

probably also include anyone wearing a cowboy hat (heh, why not ?) they deserve to be shot

Instead of 'bad' or 'good' how about a new category = Worthless

??

shoot them, beat them to death with a spade, or maybe eat them

xx