boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

I found bug in 0.56 is whne you have a gun or knife etc you palce it in the bar at the bottom 

And it show white like if u didnt had one than if u take it , that work but if u place it in your back the input desapear 

Merged, don't forget to use the bugtracker if you are able to reproduce this multiple times.

I dont know how to post in bugtracker so i sill do it here sorry :( 

Inventory : when i have my backpack full or jacket i can still drag stuff in it and it make it desapear because its full 

Input bar : You put an item on it its white lile if you didnt had it , but you can take it. If you put it back on you it will drop it , or only if you put it back by clic the red cross i dont get it at 100%

And the stuff in the character isn't like before gun is at bottom like if i was carrying 2 that maybe why it bug i dont know :) 

Sorry for posting here 

Inventory : when i have my backpack full or jacket i can still drag stuff in it and it make it desapear because its full 

Input bar : You put an item on it its white lile if you didnt had it , but you can take it. If you put it back on you it will drop it , or only if you put it back by clic the red cross i dont get it at 100%

And the stuff in the character isn't like before gun is at bottom like if i was carrying 2 that maybe why it bug i dont know :)

Sorry for posting here 

Thats fine, however be sure to post in the correct are so its gets attention.  Merged.

I must say I'm not a fan of the heavy breathing, but Jesus, this patch runs smooth. Highest fps yet! :D

For me it is unplayable at the moment. My fps seems to be lower than ever and on two occasions I have been trapped inside a building because the doors won't open anymore, and I can't pick up loot.

I don't know if it is because of the patch or if the servers are just laggy.

There is plenty of food, you just have to look in all the houses and rooms you wouldn't usually have searched. I played the 0.56 exp first time last night, and everything had clearly been looted several times before on that server, all the hotspots were picked completely clean, but after careful search of the surrounding houses (this was in Elektro), I found everything I needed anyway: Talon backpack, repeater rifle, magnum, press vest (placed on a stove in a green house), military boots, axe, cantine, matches, duct tape, plastic bottle, water purifiers and last but not least plenty of cans of food to get me light green in energy and hydration.

The only thing I didn't find was some .357 ammo for my guns. I found some Winchester ammo, so I am hoping I will eventually find a rifle to match that instead.

We had that in the last release, too. The servers start out with some loot distribution, but after some time, we see more and more how the new loot system changes that. Now I do not know if you were lucky with the server, how many ppl had already cleaned out Electro, if Electro is just sooo big that most ppl's movement actually leaves areas untouched, or whatever. I played on a 50/50 server yesterday and I found no loot I did not leave behind in Khelm (absolutely every house searched), Dubrovka (all but maybe 3 houses searched ... but that was known loot houses, like the red brick cafe ... already decided that such obvious locations are probably empty) and then my buddy and I searched every house in Gorka. Ok, Gorka might be a little overrun with everyone wanting to see the map changes, and some stuff was there that I had no use for (something to open cans, cattle prod and a light blue rain coat), but again, nothing useful for me at the time. Certainly no food. And when you search every building, that includes the buildings that are usually not searched :).

Also like I wrote earlier, I saw sooo many ppl running around and no one had more than a hoody, pants and maybe a melee weapon on his back. In the last test of that new loot system it was just like that, some ppl found plenty and others nothing. I remember clearly playing for like 3h finding nothing and then finding enough for a whole squad in Pustoshka. "There is plenty of food" is a very bold statement at this point.

Sorry for posting here

With the first, it fills any empty jacket with you might have in backpack automatically. Bit confusing first. Second, when you equip weapon, it's in hands, this now leave space open on person for another weapon, but that means you will drop the first one on ground to do anything requiring hands.

Lost my shotgun getting into V3S this way, even though I had a spot open on person.

There isn't just plenty of food, food is limitless. Your only constraints are time/location (barely) with foragables or time/location/gear with fish. That all said, with the server lag that is happening with larger pops foraging is far more painful than usual. That, however, has nothing to do with economy and it will improve closer to stable.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2

For me it is unplayable at the moment. My fps seems to be lower than ever and on two occasions I have been trapped inside a building because the doors won't open anymore, and I can't pick up loot.

What you're experiencing is mostly just poor server performance from the way you're describing it. That's definitely what your door problem is: desync.

• Like 2

We had that in the last release, too. The servers start out with some loot distribution, but after some time, we see more and more how the new loot system changes that. Now I do not know if you were lucky with the server, how many ppl had already cleaned out Electro, if Electro is just sooo big that most ppl's movement actually leaves areas untouched, or whatever. I played on a 50/50 server yesterday and I found no loot I did not leave behind in Khelm (absolutely every house searched), Dubrovka (all but maybe 3 houses searched ... but that was known loot houses, like the red brick cafe ... already decided that such obvious locations are probably empty) and then my buddy and I searched every house in Gorka. Ok, Gorka might be a little overrun with everyone wanting to see the map changes, and some stuff was there that I had no use for (something to open cans, cattle prod and a light blue rain coat), but again, nothing useful for me at the time. Certainly no food. And when you search every building, that includes the buildings that are usually not searched :).

Also like I wrote earlier, I saw sooo many ppl running around and no one had more than a hoody, pants and maybe a melee weapon on his back. In the last test of that new loot system it was just like that, some ppl found plenty and others nothing. I remember clearly playing for like 3h finding nothing and then finding enough for a whole squad in Pustoshka. "There is plenty of food" is a very bold statement at this point.

Yeah, I've experienced a server having nearly nothing, it was night and around 5 players, but, it's very hard to tell if it's been looted, or intended. I switched server, looted the same town with much more success, the police station couldn't have been looted that badly, it was loaded on one server I hopped too, and baren on the first.

What you're experiencing is mostly just poor server performance from the way you're describing it. That's definitely what your door problem is: desync.

Also, check your inventory, if all you get when right clicking stuff is "receiving", you might have to relog. You get stuck with that somehow sometimes. Just waiting won't do the trick...well did not do the trick for me when I waited like 3 minutes. Had that twice now.

• Like 1

There isn't just plenty of food, food is limitless. Your only constraints are time/location (barely) with foragables or time/location/gear with fish. ... SNIP

Ignoring that leo does not give me a translation for the word "foragable" (think I read that several times now...) and proposed the word forgable (which is probably not what you meant), everyone knows there is unlimited food in form of apples, berries and fish. ... actually is there some other unlimited source I don't know yet?

I think it was pretty clear that food spawns were discussed. I doubt the perfect feedback at this point would be "Food everywhere, loot is ..." simply because apple trees exist.

Has anyone found loot explosions, towns that were full after finding nothing elsewhere, .... or other strange happenings yet?

Also, check your inventory, if all you get when right clicking stuff is "receiving", you might have to relog. You get stuck with that somehow sometimes. Just waiting won't do the trick...well did not do the trick for me when I waited like 3 minutes. Had that twice now.

Yeah I should have clarified. I've experienced this as well.

Ignoring that leo does not give me a translation for the word "foragable" (think I read that several times now...) and proposed the word forgable (which is probably not what you meant)

I don't think foragable is technically a word, but it's understood what he means. [Forage] + [-able] = able to be foraged. Foraging is gathering supplies from nature, particularly food. Hope that helps :)

• Like 2

It's tough going through towns that have been looted. You won't find any thing useful. Maybe a big town like Electro, due to amount of spawn points, but most regular towns will be 100% empty. I got on early and found things yesterday, but now, those same places are empty. For me, I am in apple simulator mode right now, just trying to find enough that might enable me to get to the next town. The problem is apples do almost nothing for my hunger, but do pretty good for my thirst. I kind of wish it was the opposite. Wells are plentiful enough that thirst isn't an issue. Hunger is a killer though. Stary Sobor zombies are thick, and I had a huge crowd chasing me out of town. I haven't found a water bottle or canteen in about 4hrs of experimental play so far. That kind of eliminates any planting of veggies, even though I have seeds(doesn't it?). 

Maybe we can see a couple patches to fix a few of the obvious glitches. It's hard to play when you get about 15 min before the server kicks a bucket.

Edited by randomspawn

Can anyone confirm a build number for me after today's client update?

Desync is horrible atm at european severs, there is a lot of zombies around but 90% of them are freeze/stuck and they do nothing when you hit them.

:emptycan:

my play style of game play "this is your story" I'm evil basicly except to bambis unless they try to punch me always were a helmet.

Can anyone confirm a build number for me after today's client update?

127TheBeast, still.

Could be they didn't update the actual build number but I never saw a DL when I booted Steam, verified cache, or booted the game.

Edited by BioHaze

Ignoring that leo does not give me a translation for the word "foragable" (think I read that several times now...) and proposed the word forgable (which is probably not what you meant), everyone knows there is unlimited food in form of apples, berries and fish. ... actually is there some other unlimited source I don't know yet?

I think it was pretty clear that food spawns were discussed. I doubt the perfect feedback at this point would be "Food everywhere, loot is ..." simply because apple trees exist.

Has anyone found loot explosions, towns that were full after finding nothing elsewhere, .... or other strange happenings yet?

Ha, sorry, I did entirely create a word there but I thought its meaning would be clear. It's my prerogative as a native speaker.

Edited by Ebrim

Loving the patch already. Few things to mention:

• Eating raw human meat can make you sick now. Cooking it over a fire will allow you to eat it safely. Can be cooked over fire with ashwood stick. I drank a lot of water and vomited in addition to eating charcoal tablets and was no longer sick.

• The zombies are a lot more docile now. Easier to kill, easier to avoid, etc. I did however, manage to turn a running zombie into a crawling zombie (didn't get any screenshot of it).

• 1lpbqJW.jpg

SLUGS ARE BACK! Didn't get a chance to try them out with a shotgun before I died, but I'm excited they are back.

• bcR6nSl.jpg

Can't eat pumpkins anymore. I had an ashwood stick in my invintory, and it made this stick and bindle type situation, and it also went in my invintory as a container or something. Cooking it over the fire like you would meat only made it hot.

Ran into a few people, got a winchester and some ammo, even killed a player in the vybor military base with it. I'm looking forward to playing more of this patch. Can't wait for it to hit stable!

Edited by tux
  • Like 2

Funny thing is I can't see any European servers at all.

Yesterday I saw 2x UK and 1x DE atleast, but today nothing.

I got "experimental" written in the filter and rest is default, so they should definitely show.

If I raise ping treshold to 150, then I see some US servers.

Just in case you guys were wondering, cooking earthworms on an Ashwood stick is a no-go. :(

• Like 4