boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

My main question from several hours with the new build is where the hell are all the pants?

Only jeans and shorts, no 6 pocket trousers found. here

€uropean servers not showing, best I've seen is 5, most often 3. (check historic tab, this may reveal a few if you've played previously).

Hot bar not working as should.

There is a decent list put together by our friends over at reedit...

https://np.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/357igy/exp_update_056_7th_may_discussion/

• Like 1

My theory about loot distribution:

1. Phase one. Fresh server after wipe.

Loot evenly distributed across the map. People start spawning at the coast and grab nearby items.

2. Phase two.

People fight each other, die and have to respawn. Areas near spawn points have the most traffic. Loot in those places becomes more rare. When someone picks up a can of beans in Electro it might respawn near coast and other freshspawn will find it or it will spawn somewhere else, simply out of reach for a starving freshspawn.

3. Phase three.

All the valuable loot keeps disappearing from the coast. Economy system doesn't see any problem with that. There is as many items on the map as in phase one but most of them are in the areas far away from spawn points. Tons of food and drinks just lying in NW areas. Players that travel around those places mostly ignore them since they're already energized and hydrated.

4. Phase four.

Freshspawns can either try they luck searching for recently spawned can of beans in Elektro, run north on hope that they find food before starving or spam-search apple trees before making run to the north.

I've had similar experiences with loot in 0.55 before it was reverted, now the same thing happens on experimental. Spawning, searching nearby village - nothing, running north, almost starving, further village - one can of food, just enough to survive. Run further north, new village, 6 cans of food, 2x rice, 8 cans of soda, water bottle.

Imo, if we're supposed to cope with new loot system we badly need random spawns across the map introduced.

For all you guys talking about the 6 slot pants.

3R6f66t.jpg

I'm sure you can tell that I moved them. That's because 4 of these pairs of cargo pants were on top of this green cabinet:

UuDZLse.jpg

I found a total of 6 pairs of cargo pants in this garage.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

.357 is in I have seen it, just not as much as before.

I played some more tonight and I encountered the "guard house" in coastal Elektro, and the military lootsplosion bug seems still to be active on that building. I found an AK74 and a mag for it, plenty of ammo, an AK-74SU, tons of vests, including several high capacity vests, pristine combat knife and boots to boot, a landmine, smersh vest and backpack, eastern suppressor, pristine wooden furniture for my AK, a 75-round mag for the AKM, a 30-round mag for the AKM (and plenty of ammo for it, just no AKM), an FNX, sight for the FNX, flashlight for the FNX, nifty black Chernarus beret and probably a lot more but I forget.

So go for the guard houses if you need military gear and everything has been picked clean in the hotspots. I hope they will eventually fix this loot bug on that building, in fact I had hoped they had done it for .56.

Someone posted this on reddit

G4P8PTb.jpg

I hope it's real so badly
Edited by tamaster92
  • Like 5

Never can tell with Reddit.

• Like 1

What you're experiencing is mostly just poor server performance from the way you're describing it. That's definitely what your door problem is: desync.

Yeah I suspected as much. I expect it will be better as time progresses.

Desync is horrible atm at european severs, there is a lot of zombies around but 90% of them are freeze/stuck and they do nothing when you hit them.

They also don't seem to even see you, when they do they just moonwalk in place.

So, did anyone try out fishing yet? (I read that fileting Sardines still doesn't work). I'm only able to play 0.56 today - though I doubt there will be space on the exp servers. Before delving in, I'd like to know if the fishing and "bow" have been fixed. I also need to know if the animals are working properly again, as the ones that ran away and got stuck were not lootable/gave no meat to me. I wanna be the butcher of Balota ^^ and I need some confirmation all of this works again, first. 

From what I've read this all sounds like the first release of 0.55 only with more assets and perhaps even glitchier. I suppose exposing glitches is the point at this time of the update, but the sheer amount of them scares me.

Edited by S3V3N

The amount of zombies in towns got bit of an old mod feeling but server fps is likely way too low for those :(

And they don't do anything. All the zombies I've encountered either moonwalk in place when they spot you or never spot you at all.

Only jeans and shorts, no 6 pocket trousers found. here

€uropean servers not showing, best I've seen is 5, most often 3. (check historic tab, this may reveal a few if you've played previously).

Hot bar not working as should.

There is a decent list put together by our friends over at reedit...

https://np.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/357igy/exp_update_056_7th_may_discussion/

Oh, thanks for that. Been waiting for a changelog.

I just checked an I can only see the US servers, too. I also tried different search parameters, but all I got were the US servers. How are you guys playing on EU servers? IP connect? Why aren't they showing in the list?

I assume at least the EU Servers are up?! Maybe their ping is just off the charts. I'd have to search again with a ping of "2000" maybe. Wanna try this update soon. 

Try this one in Remote 109.169.60.25:2602

or 109.169.60.24:2602

or 109.169.60.28:2602

Edited by xCrankx

Try searching history. I found 3 or 4.

Also, I found Winchester 70 and id doesn't cycle bolt when shooting with ironsights. Can someone confirm?

I cant change to 3pp on the most servers even if it says its 1pp/3pp its not possible is that normal?

1. all the servers seem to be set at perpetual night.  which is fine once you have something other than the flashlight, which is almost useless.  which I still have.

(edit:  I do have full servers filtered out, so maybe the day ones are all full)

2. no food except on bushes and trees (I expected that though).  I can hear everyone else eating on the far side of the map though, which gives me hope.

1. All servers are on a 24-hour cycle and it's usually directly tied to the physical location of the server. Depending upon when you're playing and what you're filtering out of your list, you may only see nighttime.

2. Middle of the map. Not the coast, not the Northwest, not the northern highway -- middle of the map. All the dinky little towns that people rarely go to are where I've been finding most of my food.

*snip*

Well, it is a real item in the game files. That specific picture could be spoofed, though. Previously it had been identified as "cassette player".

From what I've read this all sounds like the first release of 0.55 only with more assets and perhaps even glitchier. I suppose exposing glitches is the point at this time of the update, but the sheer amount of them scares me.

It's pretty glitchy, but it's because there are a zillion small changes to the inventory system. The central loot economy is slowly getting better, but it's still got a long way to go.

Been waiting for a changelog.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.56.127666_.288_May_2015.29

Slightly more comprehensive than Reddit since it then has pages for everything, but I might be a little biased  :lol:

1. all the servers seem to be set at perpetual night.  which is fine once you have something other than the flashlight, which is almost useless.  which I still have.

(edit:  I do have full servers filtered out, so maybe the day ones are all full)

2. no food except on bushes and trees (I expected that though).  I can hear everyone else eating on the far side of the map though, which gives me hope.

3. did we really have to remove the item description from the 'take' command?  yes I know - seeing what's there is for call of duty kiddies, real men waste time, etc.

4. can't wait to see the zombies everyone's talking about.

day 2 - tried 1pp because FAR less people there:

1. food and ammo in every house, on the coast.  can opener in 2nd house.  (now I can tell people on picked over servers that they're imagining the famine)

2. the inventory system is SUCH a pain in the ass now - what were they fixing with this change?

3. anything you put down warps outside of the building you're in, but sometimes swapping is the only way to pick something else up

4. the servers they use for experimental must've been found in a dumpster somewhere - more than 6 people on and it's barely playable.  can we please test with proper equipment?

5. as before, the difference between feast and famine is going where nobody goes, so people will be gearing up in low pop servers and killing each other for pants in high pop.

6. but at least I got to play in daylight

day 2 - tried 1pp because FAR less people there:

1. food and ammo in every house, on the coast.  can opener in 2nd house.  (now I can tell people on picked over servers that they're imagining the famine)

2. the inventory system is SUCH a pain in the ass now - what were they fixing with this change?

3. anything you put down warps outside of the building you're in, but sometimes swapping is the only way to pick something else up

4. the servers they use for experimental must've been found in a dumpster somewhere - more than 6 people on and it's barely playable.  can we please test with proper equipment?

5. as before, the difference between feast and famine is going where nobody goes, so people will be gearing up in low pop servers and killing each other for pants in high pop.

6. but at least I got to play in daylight

1. Your attitude at the end of this made your point invalid.

2. They have introduced 1 part of a new inventory system (matrix) which was slapped in against an old part and very little integration/optimization was done before it was put on experimental and again your attitude and ignorance RE: experimental shard of an Alpha build invalidates your point. (Eating or drinking can unstick inventory problems. Maybe you would have figured that out if you weren't raging against the devs decisions?)

3. Drag items to your hands when you can and put them away with the red X as ColdAtrophy suggested and they go to inventory.

4. Another massively ignorant statement. This EXPERIMENTAL branch is ALWAYS being used to stress test the servers by lumping in new high demand tech that isn't optimized and letting us struggling fools bang the worn down servers into crawling piles of confused code. THAT"S OUR JOB.

5. Your logic here is flawed from so many angles I don't have the patience. Just remember that these experimental builds are super early versions of new game mechanics and should not be viewed as resembling what the finished mechanic will function like.

6. As Tatanko pointed out, servers are on 24hr clock. Try checking the time on the server list before joining.

Your above list smacks of someone not mentally prepared for Alpha, let alone experimental.

Sorry, not sorry.

Now rage, young man. Rage.

• Like 3

Hello why on v55 stable all servers was 70ping and now 200+ping why?

Here, this applies to you as well.

*This EXPERIMENTAL branch is ALWAYS being used to stress test the servers by lumping in new high demand tech that isn't optimized and letting us struggling fools bang the worn down servers into crawling piles of confused code.

• Like 1

G4P8PTb.jpg

I read awhile ago somewhere that they were designing one. I really hope they introduce some  social items like cards or dice,etc(that way players would have another reason to interact with each other or what about gambling)......

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 5

Has anyone tried equipping the ballistic helmet and gas mask again ? Apparently it's back !! Also has anyone seen a fox , the multipurpose barrel , the red 9 , also has anyone cooked fish (not sardines like someone posted above , that's a bummer that sardines still can't be cooked but someone lemme know about fish from lakes being cooked)?

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

are fruit and vegetables still spawning invisible in .56?

1. Your attitude at the end of this made your point invalid.

2. They have introduced 1 part of a new inventory system (matrix) which was slapped in against an old part and very little integration/optimization was done before it was put on experimental and again your attitude and ignorance RE: experimental shard of an Alpha build invalidates your point. (Eating or drinking can unstick inventory problems. Maybe you would have figured that out if you weren't raging against the devs decisions?)

3. Drag items to your hands when you can and put them away with the red X as ColdAtrophy suggested and they go to inventory.

4. Another massively ignorant statement. This EXPERIMENTAL branch is ALWAYS being used to stress test the servers by lumping in new high demand tech that isn't optimized and letting us struggling fools bang the worn down servers into crawling piles of confused code. THAT"S OUR JOB.

5. Your logic here is flawed from so many angles I don't have the patience. Just remember that these experimental builds are super early versions of new game mechanics and should not be viewed as resembling what the finished mechanic will function like.

6. As Tatanko pointed out, servers are on 24hr clock. Try checking the time on the server list before joining.

Your above list smacks of someone not mentally prepared for Alpha, let alone experimental.

Sorry, not sorry.

Now rage, young man. Rage.

1. it's not an attitude.  people who got lucky with server choice WILL tell people who were unlucky that they're just bad at this.

3. so what part of 'the new inventory system is a pain in the ass' is ignorant?

8. again (forever), patronizing.  would've picked a day server if I saw a day server.  did not see one.

yes I'll go back to stable.  there's really nothing to see in experimental, because (god I hope) that isn't .56.

1. it's not an attitude.  people who got lucky with server choice WILL tell people who were unlucky that they're just bad at this.

3. so what part of 'the new inventory system is a pain in the ass' is ignorant?

8. again (forever), patronizing.  would've picked a day server if I saw a day server.  did not see one.

yes I'll go back to stable.  there's really nothing to see in experimental, because (god I hope) that isn't .56.

Yeah, you're referencing what people said like 6 weeks ago, not valid, just tears.

Saying, "what were they fixing with this change?" smacks of ignorance and attitude. You were ignorant to that fact that devs said new inventory matrix in place is only part ofa new system being swapped in. Any person familiar with this process would know that we would encounter many bugs.

You never mentioned that you checked the server times, just "NIGHT EVERY WHERES DAFUQ DEVS!".

Yes, go back to stable, please!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3