boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Well, I saw several map changes, I really like those small shops ... well I would like them more, if they had food in there :D. I found peaches that I could not pick up and a can of sardines. Besides that I am on a unhealthy apple diet. Yes, there is such a thing as too many apples :).

I also did not get too far from the coast, first I could not go onto an European server and after having the nothing is possible besides "receiving" bug after like 2 minutes on a high ping us server, I took a break waiting for my buddy to come on. Later then a few EU servers came up and I realised that ping is at least not the only bigger problem. I played mostly on a full 50ppl server and don't know, if it is the same on lower pop servers, but the most problematic thing about finding no food is picking apples when it takes about 3 times as long as the animation. Still I boldly claim that it is no problem to survive that way, but it is a grinding job.

Concerning loot, almost everything was empty, sometimes I found a house with 5+ pieces of clothing in there. Besides that I saw 5 ppl, no one had clothes for worse weather, no one had a backpack, no one had a gun as far as I could see. Ended in the new Gorka. Tomorrow we will go west and see how it goes.

Concerning bugs, my buddy fell off somewhere and yelled through teamspeak, but did not die, so falling damage not problematic +1. I cannot really say a lot about other bugs, the delay when doing something is just harsh.

Oh, concerning the receiving bug, when that happened and I ran to where my buddy said he is, I could not find him and he could not find me. I guess I did not really move serverside there.

EDIT: Forgot, the zeds are like snail mail zeds ... but that's probably server performance.

Edited by bautschi

Here I am to drop some more hate again. The inventory issue is quite an embarrassment. Picking up and dropping shit is a pretty fundamental part of gameplay and a year and half in to early access it is still unreliable and broken. This is not stuff they should be struggling with and it's stuff like this that makes me so skeptical about the quality of the end product. I wish them good luck, but as I said somewhere in another thread, I fear this game will always feel like a hacked together mod. 

• Like 1

It's very sluggish. I don't know if it's the server or what, but items in my inventory take several seconds to update. That isn't such an issue, but it takes almost a minute, sometimes more, to search a tree for apples or to perform any kind of action. I waited a good two minutes each time after trying to 'eat all' a can of sardines before giving up and eating it in pieces. Just doing the 'eat' action took at least 30 seconds as opposed to the 3-or-so it's supposed to take.

Finding a server to join is difficult. It'll usually hang on 'wait for host' or I'll just get a connection error. In the end I had to join some poxy American server.

I also spawned on Skalisky Island which sort of compounded problems a bit. I picked up some magnum ammo but finding a book and tearing a page out of it at more or less the same time caused my ammo to disappear into the ether, which wasn't the best.

Might give it another go tomorrow and see if I can actually join a UK server, but I'll likely stick with stable if it continues to be unplayable. Searching one tree a minute and not finding a single apple gets a little frustrating. It didn't behave like lag usually does in DayZ, but I suppose joining a UK server will rule that out.

I tried to wait out the aggro and wait for bodies to clear as I could not exit but I saw more and more infected streaming towards my location from all directions.

By that time, the room was full of infected and I ran around trying to hop over bodies just to get out the door.

When I finally ran out the door there were even more infected still descending on my position.

Running into the woods, STILL MORE INFECTED still running towards that house FROM ALL DIRECTIONS which would soon collapse under their weight.

Me thinks auto respawn of infected might be back....

And they were aggroing to MP5 fire from a LONG way away.

Had a very similar experience just now, where an ordinary farm clearing turned into an orderly tactical retreat and then into a strategic relocation. :o Reminded me of ye olde classic:

The gunfire aggro range seems to be 150m+, maybe even 300.

• Like 2

Are the servers down? im not seeing any servers currently.   :huh:

EDIT: Seems like they poped back up huh weird.

Edited by Dudester100

Anyone else having trouble FINDING experimental servers at the moment? If theyre in fact up and for whatever reason they arent showing for me, does anyone have their IP addresses?

Here I am to drop some more hate again. The inventory issue is quite an embarrassment. Picking up and dropping shit is a pretty fundamental part of gameplay and a year and half in to early access it is still unreliable and broken. This is not stuff they should be struggling with and it's stuff like this that makes me so skeptical about the quality of the end product. I wish them good luck, but as I said somewhere in another thread, I fear this game will always feel like a hacked together mod. 

+1 you are absolutely right .

My biggest acomplishment thus far: Not to die of starvation for about an hour and counting, yay!

Seriously a loot hotfix for the weekend wouldve been awesome, i can dream, can't i?

Seed bags need to be open now:

tgtZUre.jpgxgXrP64.jpg

Turovos prison/cell building is gone:

EbyS8DL.jpg

Wait, really? I'll have to go check that out.

Been there, done that (Dolinas summercamp gone):

BXzxZmr.jpg

• Like 1

Been there, done that (Dolinas summercamp gone):

BXzxZmr.jpg

Man, that's so weird. Why would they do that? :(

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Anyone seen any rain yet?

Right now after the servers went down then up again the server performance is very good but we are only 2 in the server .

Just CTDed.  Just noticed that flare gun ammo is now stackable, found a group of 5

Edited by Barnabus

Right now after the servers went down then up again the server performance is very good but we are only 2 in the server .

Not to rain on your parade, enjoy it while it lasts  ;) , but the magic number seems to be approximately 10 players. Any more than that and the servers give up on life.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Just CTDed.  Just noticed that flare gun ammo is now stackable, found a group of 5

They've been stackable since they were added, you just have to load one and eject it in order for it to become stackable (it gains a number). I'm wondering if they're just inherently stackable now?

Not to rain on your parade, enjoy it while it lasts  ;) , but the magic number seems to be approximately 10 players. Any more than that and the servers give up on life.

The server restarted normally and didn't came back :(  , man it was a good responsive experience .

The server restarted normally and didn't came back :(  , man it was a good responsive experience .

I got to enjoy a few hours late last night into very early this morning where the server my friend and I were on had only about 6 or 7 people. It really was fantastic, except for the fact that the zombies are back to being pathetic weaklings.

The great Humongous would be proud.

uthr0CS.jpg

Found on a Longhorn in front of a stove.

• Like 3

Man, that's so weird. Why would they do that? :(

That summer camp didn't make sense to begin with.

Three cabins in a narrow ravine next to some kind of water/sewage outlet and a muddy pond it created — I imagine all that the young pioneers would have been enjoying there is dysentery and mosquitoes in July. Possibly some great skiing and sledding in January, but we'll never get to find out now. :P

Especially pains me since I spotted it first.  <_<

• Like 2

That summer camp didn't make sense to begin with.

Three cabins in a narrow ravine next to some kind of water/sewage outlet and a muddy pond it created — I imagine all that the young pioneers would have been enjoying there is dysentery and mosquitoes in July. Possibly some great skiing and sledding in January, but we'll never get to find out now. :P

Especially pains me since I spotted it first.  <_<

Hey, that what does not kill you makes you stronger.

Hey, that what does not kill you makes you stronger.

True. Just rename it to Juvenile Delinquent Reeducation Camp and then it makes perfect sense. :D

On a side note, really excited about the upcoming VSS (probably 0.57) — the terminal ballistics and tactical intent of this weapon perfectly suits my playstyle (guerilla sniping at under 400m).

vss4.jpg

• Like 1

They've been stackable since they were added, you just have to load one and eject it in order for it to become stackable (it gains a number). I'm wondering if they're just inherently stackable now?

Good to know, I've tried to stack them before with no luck, this is the first time I have found flares in a stack like that. 

The prison building closest to the middle of the runway is now just rubble. The one closer to the tents is still in tact.

I've read several reports of various headquarters/prison buildings being destroyed. It seems to me that this is a rather drastic solution, to address wall glitchers.

I did sprint everywhere, because who the heck walks everywhere in this game?

Since you asked, unless I'm being chased by a zed, I walk everywhere.

Can anyone confirm if private hive persistance has been fixed? I know there was some wanky shit happening a while ago, and I haven't seen any notes as of yet. I don't want to start again if everything will dissapear