boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

What type of stick are you using I tried a sharpened stick and a regular stick. Unfortunately I did not have another ashwood one handy nor any ax, hatchet, saw to get one either. 

Ashwood, the same you'd use for making a bow or fishing rod. As soon as you cut it, you can store a piece of meat on it, or fruit or veg.

• Like 3

Only problems I have had are that I don't appear to be able to drop anything I put into the hot bar.. So I had binoculars, compass, trumpet and pickaxe in the hot bar.. None of those items can be moved in my inventory or dropped at all.. I can still use them as long as I don't remove them from the hotbar, but the binoculars I did move to change the order and now I can not put them back on the bar or manually take them into hands... Very annoying!

Yes, I've had that also, I'm assuming that it's a bug. re-logging will fix it for you.

• Like 1

How long do you normally have to have the fish fillet on the stick over the fire?

I just cooked some boar steaks on the stick, came out great, but the fish fillets never quite finished.

The graphic changed (to show char and general cooked state) but the description still said "Raw Fish Fillet" .

My buddy ate one and got food poisoning.

I stuck with the cooked boar :)

Any tips?

ETA: This was on .56 exp

Edited by =WIDOWMAKER=

How long do you normally have to have the fish fillet on the stick over the fire?

I just cooked some boar steaks on the stick, came out great, but the fish fillets never quite finished.

The graphic changed (to show char and general cooked state) but the description still said "Raw Fish Fillet" .

My buddy ate one and got food poisoning.

I stuck with the cooked boar :)

Any tips?

ETA: This was on .56 exp

Interesting. I've always eaten them (fish fillets) when they turn color and I haven't had food poisoning from it yet. Maybe I've just been lucky.

• Like 1

Sadly yes. At first it might have been by accident, like the duping glitch, but it became apparent some players learned to re-create it and exploit it on various servers.

We recently had problems on a private hive I play on with some players creating the loot explosion on various locations. I won't state how it's done, nor on what private server we had this problem as this is a very delicate subject. IMO, every exploit should be bannable. (We already banned players caught duping.)

No problem. I understand completely. I was just surprised that it was the result of an exploit. I didn't know players could trigger it.

Interesting. I've always eaten them (fish fillets) when they turn color and I haven't had food poisoning from it yet. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Strange, now I'm really not sure.  I didn't put it into the tracker because I have no idea what else my buddy may or may not have eaten beforehand.

I will try to reproduce it in a little bit.

Strange, now I'm really not sure. I didn't put it into the tracker because I have no idea what else my buddy may or may not have eaten beforehand.

I will try to reproduce it in a little bit.

Maybe the fish filets can't be cooked using the stick method yet , that's all I can think of besides waiting longer in game to see if it ever goes burnt !

I'll try and catch and cook some more too. What I do know, and posted about earlier, is that preparing or cooking sardines on a stick doesn't work.

Okay so fish fillets!

I started a fire using a page from King Lear as kindling with a total of 6 sticks and the rest of King Lear as fuel:

After burning through King Lear and about one stick, my fish fillet turned a golden brown. It's at this point where I normally eat it. So cooking time isn't very long at all.

The second fillet I put on and waited for the rest of the fuel to burn, about 5 sticks, it went from golden brown to a charred color but never became fully charred even after all the fuel was gone.

Both fillets were still labeled "raw fish fillet" after cooking. I ate both and didn't get sick from eating either.  Obviously this isn't many data points but I hope it helps some.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 5

Finally!

Found six slot cargo pants up at the Bus Barn by the Train Station near Lopartino and the bus barn between Zaprudnoe and New Patrovka. 

At the second location was a General Purpose Building that was stuffed full of scrubs and paramedic gear.

Found a first aid kit by a village water pump.

Still have not found batteries or, of all things, Green Spray paint.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Yeah, that battery you start with is precious, I haven't found any batteries.

• Like 1

So are animals spawning on exp?

I've got my 12 yo daughter and 15 yo son who is my wing man at dayz tonite.

I've had a few and coaching them while hunting on a zombie free version would be good but if there's nothing to shoot I'll switch mine back to stable. 

So are animals spawning on exp?

I've got my 12 yo daughter and 15 yo son who is my wing man at dayz tonite.

I've had a few and coaching them while hunting on a zombie free version would be good but if there's nothing to shoot I'll switch mine back to stable. 

Yup, animals are definitely in. I saw goats, a pig, a chicken all around one town. Of course also a cow or two north of Moglievka.

Edited by Ebrim

As of .56 exp update #1, the central loot economy still appears to be extremely broken.

I played for hours and found shit. Very very rare to find anything at all, and no I didn't hang out at coast. I immediately went inland after spawning.

But from what I can tell, it is just as broken as it was before. 6 different full towns inland and I found VERY, VERY, VERY few items.

Haven't tested since update #2 or hotfix update but based on exp #1, it is still mad broken.

Yup, animals are definitely in. I saw goats, a pig, a chicken all around one town. Of course also a cow or two north of Moglievka.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Finally!

Found six slot cargo pants up at the Bus Barn by the Train Station near Lopartino and the bus barn between Zaprudnoe and New Patrovka. 

At the second location was a General Purpose Building that was stuffed full of scrubs and paramedic gear.

Found a first aid kit by a village water pump.

Still have not found batteries or, of all things, Green Spray paint.

Bus barn, eh? Thanks for the tip!

You guys still playing without any zombies? You need higher standards. =P

• Like 1

ok, so... if you have a backpack on your back and you combine a rope and burlap sack to make another pack... the burlap pack vanishes as soon as it's made (learned this yesterday)

so this time I take off the pack on my back first... and IT vanishes...  FUUUUUCK

• Like 1

So, it's not possible that this experimental build needed infected numbers reduced or infected respawn turned off to narrow down some factors for data culling/bug fixing right?

The LAST thing this branch is about is playability.

Just look at the inventory system right now... It's mega fuxored.

Nobody would hand that off thinking it was meant to be played that way.

Anyway, I personally have less tolerance for a zombieless environment since the numbers were bumped up and new AI implemented.

I burnt out quickly on these last couple patches....

• Like 1

:P   

(That's the thing I can't seem to cope with right now with exp, but I know it won't last another build.)

Edit: It's the only thing that really bothers me about the current experimental build, and maybe not the infected, but the animals and possible new ones, like the fox...  :lol:  

Other than that, I'm very grateful we have access to experimental from the beginning.  B)

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

My first proper play session on 0.56 tonight...

1st life I spawned up behind Cherno. Looted the apartment areas. No loot there but no surprise in that. Did find a bit of ammo and a water bottle. Ate apples and headed north to pulkovo.. Not a lot here bar a soda and a repeater (for which I had ammo).. I moved out to pogorevka. I got there and was very close to death. I had searched almost every building but my vision was grey and I was dying. But here I found food at last.. Cans and soda that someone had left at the alter in the church. Without it I would have died. Right after I killed s deer with my hammer. The deer was glitched and did not move as I hit it nor did it run away as I approached? Soon after I was KOS'ed from an unseen foe.

I spawned in berezino and found lots of good food including rice. The blue berries are poisonous again!! I've made all the way to svergino in the north via khelm, krasnostave, NEAF, chernaya polna and novo. So I got some miles under my belt.. There seems to be more loot the further north you go although I'm yet to venture out west.. I've seen lots more antibiotics and painkillers but no charcole tabs? In total 2 bags of rice numerous cans and sodas. Hardly any bags around though although I at last found a mountain bag. 3 types of building seem to be loot bombing certain types of stuff?? The inventory is acting weird. So your clothing items (bag etc) are ordered in the order you put them on so if you change your jacket it goes to the bottom of the screen where as it always used to stay in the same place. I kept having to get undressed and them put my things on in the right order... Can't wait for the CLE to be finished. Felt like the struggle was back on the game today.

Have not seen an axe of any kind though. I did find a pu and I'm happy to have the longhorn again ;)

• Like 3

Ill try playing again when a new update gets put in.

Yeah it definitely gets super boring without infected hunting you. But hopefully there working on fixes right now so im hoping the wait is worth it.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

• Not here to hunt zeds, could care less one way or the other

Not here to PVP-- see above

Am here to survive, which, as it is right now, is hard enough with out any other distractions, BUT, I do kinda of miss zed, screw the rest of you, no offence.

• Like 2

Bus barn, eh? Thanks for the tip!

Yeah and in those two particular bus barns that is ALL there was, nothing else, just six slot cargo pants.  No hunting pants, just beige, black, green and grey.

• Not here to hunt zeds, could care less one way or the other
  • Not here to PVP-- see above
  • Am here to survive, which, as it is right now, is hard enough with out any other distractions, BUT, I do kinda of miss zed, screw the rest of you, no offence.

Agreed, I come to Exp to explore and to survive under what are typically very challenging conditions. My preference is to have zeds and animals, but at the end of the day, the purpose for Exp is to gather data, so that problems can be solved. If I can be a part of that and have a bit of fun at the same time, then count me in.  

• Like 5