boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Not much else we can do, but my main gripe is why add certain things if we cant use them to their full potential? We know the guns shoot, not much there to do in terms of bug testing you know.

I have heard that chopper crashes are on a long time in terms of respawns in persistence. How true is that? 

They are meant to be longer, yeah, how much so it is depends on however CLE is setup at any given moment of development.

Also, you're perfectly capable of chambering the SVD.

They are meant to be longer, yeah, how much so it is depends on however CLE is setup at any given moment of development.

Also, you're perfectly capable of chambering the SVD.

So they do in fact respawn loot but after a certain period of time? So technically they arent bugged?

technically they are bugged?

everything is bugged. because, welp thats dayz.

I only saw infected in the very first boot ups of this build.

It certainly doesn't make it easy to stay engaged with a build like this.

Tomorrow's another day?

• Like 4

So they do in fact respawn loot but after a certain period of time? So technically they arent bugged?

Impossible to say right now, exp builds have been coming faster than the respawn time would likely be (a few days at least).

Where abouts? Was it just single items (with no others nearby) or items within a lootsplosion?

1 time it was in a house with a lot of jacket loot in Sol.  Then I ran into a house and saw a gun laying on the ground, tried to pick it up and boom crash.  I relogged and the gun was gone.  Im thinking it wasnt really there and that caused the problem as Sol is highly looted I found it hard to believe a gun would be sitting there.  

• Like 1

1 time it was in a house with a lot of jacket loot in Sol.  Then I ran into a house and saw a gun laying on the ground, tried to pick it up and boom crash.  I relogged and the gun was gone.  Im thinking it wasnt really there and that caused the problem as Sol is highly looted I found it hard to believe a gun would be sitting there.  

similar to what happened with me. first time it was an sks, i crashed 5 or 6 time trying to pick it up. next time it was trying to interact with a lot of loot. Both times it was at one of those non-enterable building commonly seen at mil bases.

I think you are right in your theory but I was eventually able to pick up the sks. There was something very buggy about it because I accidentally duped it too. Properly duped not just the normal temporary thing we've had in .56 where it appears like we've duped.

Alright, I gave it another try just now, and can say animals are back.

2ueu4g6.jpg

315lnc0.jpg

I spawned fresh on the coast, in Cherno, and made my way north looting up what I could. Never had any problems finding items. Scavenging, is pretty much top notch as for the survival aspect, if you don't encounter loot explosion.

Sadly the snaploader for the double rifle is still filled with 7.62x54r (mosin rounds) so no luck for easy reloads on the Blaze 95.

33yl6xs.jpg

2zdn7z9.jpg

The server I was in just restarted, so I'm gonna try another small run right now. 

• Like 4

really unstable version, everyone lags like crazy and servers keep crashing every 10mins

I just got one of those famous Vybor spawns, they are back. Found everything I needed basically, but could not find pants. None at all. Not even those ugly Canvas pants. 

Edited by Ultimoose

I just got one of those famous Vybor spawns, they are back. Found everything I needed basically, but could not find pants. None at all. Not even those ugly Canvas pants. 

I absolutely love that spawn. It's like you got drunk and woke up next to a bridge butt ass naked not knowing where your at or what your doing. This spawn is Epic.

• Like 2

Sadly the snaploader for the double rifle is still filled with 7.62x54r (mosin rounds) so no luck for easy reloads on the Blaze 95.

Well that sucks. That was supposedly fixed now :(

• Like 1

Alright, I gave it another try just now, and can say animals are back.

2ueu4g6.jpg

315lnc0.jpg

I spawned fresh on the coast, in Cherno, and made my way north looting up what I could. Never had any problems finding items. Scavenging, is pretty much top notch as for the survival aspect, if you don't encounter loot explosion.

33yl6xs.jpg

2zdn7z9.jpg

The server I was in just restarted, so I'm gonna try another small run right now. 

Did you try unloading those rounds and try loading some .308 into the snap loader?I personally have not tried.

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 1

Did you try unloading those rounds and try loading some .308 into the snap loader?I personally have not tried.

Gonna try this, right now!

Edit: Nope, not working.

k538qv.jpg

Sadly, as I did this, I had just found a pristine khaki M65 jacket, but trying to take it made my game crash. Log back in the same server, no M65 jacket anymore. (Everything else was perfect... :lol: )

Edited by Odin Lowe

So far:

Spawned in Elektro, chased by zeds into the outskirts where I was able to get my bearings, a few berries into me and a fire going. Picked up a wool coat, a water bottle and started inland.

1st stage: The little summer camp by the dam, found a snare there but no luck getting a rabbit. Ate some berries and got myself to 1st level hydrated (trying to conserve stomach space in case).

2nd stage: Onto Staroe! Set up a rabbit trap near the gas station and went into town. Picked up an anti-stab vest, found a trumpet and some .22 ammo, various other little odds and ends. Came back to my trap and a rabbit was waiting for me. Prepped it and went up into the woods to cook the legs. After a delicious meal of rabbit, I used his guts to make a fishing rod and his bones to make hooks. Quick look around I didn't find a digging tool yet but no biggie. Ate some more berries as I went further inland toward that tiny little hill town I forget the name of...

3rd stage: On the way to little hill town I found a truck! Approached it carefully, nobody about, so I hop in and save the calories of walking. Made an improv backpack in little hill town, still no digging tools but I did find a hunting jacket! Fun stuff, got 15 minute warning for server so drove down to the barn and started picking apples. Have about six waiting for me for when I decide to continue the journey.

--------------

Really good life so far, enjoying the build and not running into any crazy bugginess. Haven't seen any zeds since this morning though, it looks as though they were traded for server stability.

-----------------

----------------

And just in case anyone doesn't know, books make excellent fire fuel. You can tear the pages out for kindling but then use the rest of the book as actual fuel like you would with sticks or logs.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

I absolutely love that spawn. It's like you got drunk and woke up next to a bridge butt ass naked not knowing where your at or what your doing. This spawn is Epic.

I wish the nickname for this bug would have stuck, "Naked and Afraid in Vybor". Yeah....

• Like 1

The ugly canvas ones are all in Sol! :) 

similar to what happened with me. first time it was an sks, i crashed 5 or 6 time trying to pick it up. next time it was trying to interact with a lot of loot. Both times it was at one of those non-enterable building commonly seen at mil bases.

I think you are right in your theory but I was eventually able to pick up the sks. There was something very buggy about it because I accidentally duped it too. Properly duped not just the normal temporary thing we've had in .56 where it appears like we've duped.

interesting.  Have you had any luck playing for any length of time with these crashes?  I havent wanted to play anymore because restarting the game every 15 minutes isnt fun...  Seems like we are the only ones that are having this issue???  I havent heard anyone else saying they are crashing..

interesting.  Have you had any luck playing for any length of time with these crashes?  I havent wanted to play anymore because restarting the game every 15 minutes isnt fun...  Seems like we are the only ones that are having this issue???  I havent heard anyone else saying they are crashing..

Odin, a few posts up seems to have had similar issue

Sadly, as I did this, I had just found a pristine khaki M65 jacket, but trying to take it made my game crash.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224844-exp-update-056127thebeast/page-41#entry2263674

I was just on a 75 man without infected and it was running very well. I was only on for about 10/15 mins. I left rather than the server died. Seems like the infected are at the root of most problems with servers crashing. Have a go, I found it a lot different. In fact, I was going to post that I was in zelen for about 10 mins and suddenly realised I hadn't heard any eating/drinking/ammo splitting the entire time which is unusual for dayz especially with so many in the server. 

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

i ran into some BE difficulty, anyone else ? 

trying to update BE but it stuck then fails :|

Edited by VahidkinG

Odin, a few posts up seems to have had similar issue

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224844-exp-update-056127thebeast/page-41#entry2263674

I was just on a 75 man without infected and it was running very well. I was only on for about 10/15 mins. I left rather than the server died. Seems like the infected are at the root of most problems with servers crashing. Have a go, I found it a lot different. In fact, I was going to post that I was in zelen for about 10 mins and suddenly realised I hadn't heard any eating/drinking/ammo splitting the entire time which is unusual for dayz especially with so many in the server. 

How did these crashes manifest themselves? Blue screen? Client locked up? 

The reason I ask, is while reading these accounts, it reminded me of an incident I had yesterday, or the day before. I was picking apples (my new favorite past time) and all of a sudden I couldn't get another prompt to search. I stood up and walked to a nearby house and I couldn't vault over the fence, nor could I open the front door. I could walk around, but I couldn't interact with anything. The odd part was that I never got the "No message received" message, but otherwise the situation was identical to when the "No message received" message pops up.

I logged out and then back in and everything worked again. The server did not restart when this happened and the problem did not appear to affect others on the server.

I didn't think of this as a crash at the time, at least not in a strict sense, but clearly something in my client was flaming wreckage.

Edited by BleedoutBill

How did these crashes manifest themselves? Blue screen? Client locked up? 

The reason I ask, is while reading these accounts, it reminded me of an incident I had yesterday, or the day before. I was picking apples (my new favorite past time) and all of a sudden I couldn't get another prompt to search. I stood up and walked to a nearby house and I couldn't vault over the fence, nor could I open the front door. I could walk around, but I couldn't interact with anything. The odd part was that I never got the "No message received" message, but otherwise the situation was identical to when the "No message received" message pops up.

I logged out and then back in and everything worked again. The server did not restart when this happened and the problem did not appear to affect others on the server.

I didn't think of this as a crash at the time, at least not in a strict sense, but clearly something in my client was flaming wreckage.

Basically the game freezes then crashes when you alt-tab or whatever.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Went to prison island, found one sks and ... clothes. So many clothes. Every single room had multiple clothing articles. Mostly ttsko pants and jackets as well as prison and police stuff. But also sweaters and other suff. The metal walkabouts on the tower were probably the fullest, everything just plastered. Some items were surely in the hundreds.

Besides that, SVD, and Mp5 on me currently. All those clothes...gonna dream about clothes tonight.

Oh, started in cherno, stopped in Zeleno, did not see a single zed or animal.