MoOnKat

Gearing up is the best part of this game

I don't care about the zombies or other people I am just  content roaming the country dressing up =)

Thank you DayZ

• Like 12

That's why death is bittersweet. Sure, you lost all your stuff, but gearing up again is exciting.

• Like 5

When I die, I log into a full server and try to get a Cherno/elektro spawn.

Bet your ass i'll leave there with some goodies. ;)

• Like 4

Dressing up while running simulator  2015: Extended version with eating,drinking and sickness.

I don't care about the zombies or other people I am just  content roaming the country dressing up =)

Thank you DayZ

I like dressing up as well but you should care about ALL of it otherwise the game would be completely boring without all the chemistry the game has to offer. lol

I find gearing up to be the most rewarding as well. Especially when you craft your own leather outfit :) I don't find it to be the best however. Player Interactions are the best part of the game for me..m when they don't KoS...which is roughly 2/10 so far.

• Like 2

This is why weekly Experimental builds with wipes are awesome. They are "gearing up is the best part" and a bag of chips  :lol:

• Like 1

Exactly. Once fully geared its a case of what next atm...much more interesting starting over again. ...its why I have never been too concerned with tents etc.

• Like 2

Exactly. Once fully geared its a case of what next atm...much more interesting starting over again. ...its why I have never been too concerned with tents etc.

But tents don't fill themselves.  A tent is like gearing up twice, thrice and beyond.

• Like 3

This. I love gearing up and finding stuff, it was always my favorite part of Fallout/Elder Scrolls but then, I honestly hate getting all super geared up. Then I don't want to go anywhere because I have all my precious things. I have way more fun running around with a shotty blasting everything without a care in the world.

Edited by escobert
  • Like 3

Gearing up is fun! Early on, I used to go hide in the mountains and eat bugs and grow a long beard and starve and die of thirst almost to keep my gear safe. Now I just feel like I can't go to the party in shorts and carrying a shovel. I want to get dressed up nice and find a nice rifle that I can call Veera and dress her up nice and then take her out to party!  It is lots of fun to just have some dumpy clothes and a sks with cartridges and no food, so you can dive in everywhere blasting and laughing.

• Like 1

i logged in yesterday and i was in a barracks i had an akm with couple drum mags and ammo. i heard someone outside and wasnt aware you could shoot through the windows now so i was watching the front door. he stood right next to me outside the window and killed me. now i have an axe lol

Gearing up is the only part of the game for now.   Sometime in the near future players won't be running around as special forces.  Can't wait.

• Like 2

Yeah I've got a couple of characters with silenced MP5s - both of which I nicked off of a random corpse. I guess they starved or bled out or something because their gear was pristine.

Anyway, I'm actually bored of those characters, but I don't want to lose them because they're so well geared. I'm caught in this loop of awful where I want those characters to disappear but I don't want them to die. I actually really like character wipes because then I don't feel pressured to lead my characters to their graves so I can have fun starting over :D 

THE ONLY WAY I CAN HAVE FUN IN DAYZ IS IF I HAVE ALL THE GUNS AND I KILL ALL THE PEOPLE

racing that guy through svetlo to the police station, only to find that the place has been wiped clean, and turning frustration into a fight-to-the-death showdown where the winner gets a good long run and probably a slow bleed-out, while the loser gets a second chance at profitable spawn...

Or sucking up all the beans, childrens dresses and cucumbers a man could possibly care for; hoarding .22 and pistols in a residential house, all of which have the incorrect ammo (but you have plenty of .380auto or 7.62, enough to build an eastern-bloc munitions dump with)...

Finding a welding mask and hanging out near kamenka with a wrench, screaming drunken ramblings at every well dressed / kitted to the nine universal soldier that comes through for the barracks, quickly ducking behind a tree to taunt them some more while they shoot every last ak round they have at you from 100 meters, failing to hit even once.

Oh yes, it's when you have something worth being killed for that my enjoyment goes down, and i'm reduced to shooting everything that moves in the hopes of drawing someone's distasteful ire, or suck down a tincture of alcohol and run through Elektro firing at the buildings while my screen turns grey.

• Like 1

No way.

Wasting countless hours behind a keyboard just to dress. No thanks.

I want a rush. All the time. I can't be outside doing fun things 24/7 so when I'm inside I play games. The games need to inspire a rush.

Dayz PVP combat does that.

Gearing up isn't fun. Wasting people that enjoy gearing up is.

No way.

Wasting countless hours behind a keyboard just to dress. No thanks.

I want a rush. All the time. I can't be outside doing fun things 24/7 so when I'm inside I play games. The games need to inspire a rush.

Dayz PVP combat does that.

Gearing up isn't fun. Wasting people that enjoy gearing up is.

Wasting people that kill those who enjoy gearing up is even more fun.

• Like 1

Wasting people that kill those who enjoy gearing up is even more fun.

Oh I know right.

I LOVE! running into geared players that aren't afraid of combat.

That's even more of a rush than killing hobos IG

OMG I haven't seen any actual combat till we ( buddy and I )  got jumped by two guys with M4's  around one of the crashsites. Hit me in the head as I was in the passenger seat knocked me out. I woke up to my buddy plowing through the woods in the truck. Bastard ruined my helmet but it saved my life so. Was worth it.

I have to say the only time that I've ever just flat out broke contact from an enemy. Those guys scared the shit outa me lol.

Was also browsing facebook/youtube while my bud was looking around and doing the same. Completely caught with pants down on that one.

It was fun until it got boring. I mean seriously, who can really play hundreds of hours like that? 

• Like 1

Gearing up is the best part of this game. I gave over 2000 hours in game and still get excited when I find the Pavlovo mil base unlooted. Since the survival aspects aren't fully in place yet (being that you can survive for ever on cans of beans and water pumps) and base building isn't in yet, getting a weapon, ammo and going PVP is awesome. I don't care if the first person I try to rob kills me. I get to gear up again and it's a blast! This game is the funniest thing I have ever played and it's just going to get better.

The pvp and survival aspects ruin my dress up. Remove them pls ty.

Meh

Except for finding a black drybag, it takes me about 10-20 minutes tops to get geared up. The only thing I really struggle with is finding magazines for my guns. There just aren't enough civilian mag spawns for civilian weapons right now. There never have been.

I thought this was going to be a complaint/rant about the current game cycle. 
If that's something that bugs you, that there seems to be nothing to do besides gear up and die or get KoSed when trying to interact, then I highly recommend joining a server with a teamspeak. 
You'll have a lot less KoSing and unfair firefights, when you can communicate with most of the people currently on the server. You can have their back, and they yours. They'll almost always have some activity to join in. And all the gear you find has a purpose when you can share them with TS friends, or use them to help out one that got killed recently.

On a side note: Where currently is the best place to find military tents? 
I nabbed a few civ tent on a few servers while surviving in the wilderness nomad style, and tried to stockpile survival equipment and stuff for my friends who just started playing recently. But the tents are bugged, and occasionally disappear for no reason on server restarts (not talking about the Wednesday wipes). I heard this doesn't happen to the military tents, but I can't find them for anything. I've tried the military camp sites a dozen times (I'd find everything BUT M. tents). I thought people where just nabbing them, But I've found a few different military spots that no one touches, and I'm still not finding them.

Edited by Deadjuice