boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Well, I don't know that for sure, but the game was so hyped that most people didn't want to wait until it was complete. Also, I didn't say I was certain. The word "seems" implies that. Sure, they'll probably sell many more copies, but I truly think that the bulk of their sales are behind them. I guess they will have to draw most of their revenue from events.

I don't think so , but then again I haven't tried lol , I know the zombie didn't trigger it , oh and also I don't know if this was updated somehow but when you activate the mine it gives you three seconds to get away before it gets activated !

Well thats good to know because I tell you what I dont trust mines at all considering how dodgy and buggy dayz is they seem like a recipe for disaster..

Or recipe of trolling from the dev team ^_^

Well thats good to know because I tell you what I dont trust mines at all considering how dodgy and buggy dayz is they seem like a recipe for disaster..

Or recipe of trolling from the dev team ^_^

I wish the devs would troll us more ... Maybe have some mines set around the world already activated in random spots like a dynamic event such as the heli crashes , only these ones piss you off instead of make you happy lol ...

• Like 2

I wish the devs would troll us more ... Maybe have some mines set around the world already activated in random spots like a dynamic event such as the heli crashes , only these ones piss you off instead of make you happy lol ...

That would be pretty funny! Actually, traps in general would be cool!

Devs are too quiet...

• Like 3

Devs are too quiet...

Indeed. I'm hoping that means we are in for a surprise!

• Like 1

I agree with the point behind your sarcasm.  @ShoobieStomper:  I find that the most fun I have in this game is when I stop caring about my gear.  I know its not how you want to play the game so I'm sure its little consolation.

No, you're right, man! After all, it's just a game. :-) I am still pretty new to playing it so I guess that's why I tend to get attached to things.

Devs are too quiet...

They are probably some busy beavers!

I've been meaning to ask this, but I keep forgetting. Does the 1911 Engraved spawn only at helicopter crash sites? I'm asking because I have found one in a fire station before.

So who is thinkn there will be a character reset tonight.. ? It's only going to happen if there is a patch obviously.

I'm gonna start playing with my brother in the next few dayz and had wondered if it was worth jumpn on today to find some food before we met. Thats why I ask you, my people. You guys are like sons too me

They are probably some busy beavers!

I've been meaning to ask this, but I keep forgetting. Does the 1911 Engraved spawn only at helicopter crash sites? I'm asking because I have found one in a fire station before.

I have found the M1911 Engraved, my sidearm of choice, at police cars, police stations, and firehouses. If I'm not mistaken, I want to say that I have also found it in actual military loot spawns too, but don't quote me on that one. I haven't looted many choppers, but from what I can tell reading the wiki, it's not a part of the heli crash loot tables currently.

• Like 2

So who is thinkn there will be a character reset tonight.. ? It's only going to happen if there is a patch obviously.

I'm gonna start playing with my brother in the next few dayz and had wondered if it was worth jumpn on today to find some food before we met. Thats why I ask you, my people. You guys are like sons too me

I highly doubt there will be a player wipe or persistence wipe today. I'd only imagine one or the other happening when .56 hits stable, but we still have not seen .56 released to Experimental. 

To all you experimental players eager to get your hands on .56  ..... I sure hope it comes out for you guys today as I know a lot of you are patiently waiting......

• Like 1

I believe they announce character resets, I'm not too worried.

I highly doubt there will be a player wipe or persistence wipe today. I'd only imagine one or the other happening when .56 hits stable, but we still have not seen .56 released to Experimental. 

To all you experimental players eager to get your hands on .56  ..... I sure hope it comes out for you guys today as I know a lot of you are patiently waiting......

No wipe: http://twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/595525407417475073

As wipes are no longer routine, I would expect a warning first.

Speaking for myself, I'm going to have to get a hobby, or a friend, or a part time job, or something, if we don't get an experimental build soon! I'm getting desperate!!!

• Like 5

Still working , short maitenance today. Looking forward to releasing the experimental soonish.

SoohishTM

This guy is killing me!!

• Like 1

I believe they announce character resets, I'm not too worried.

That's what I thought, they always announce it

Friday ... maybe.

@LeanoFlee @X_Sam00197_X If all goes well

• Like 5

Friday ... maybe.

Sigh :(

Oh well, I've got something interesting in-game to keep me occupied until then! ;)

Sigh :(

Oh well, I've got something interesting in-game to keep me occupied until then! ;)

I am finding more and more servers with loot-splosions, especially at the military base near Vybor. Sometimes 50-100 AK variants can be found, along with unlimited backpacks and boots. It was fun the first time, now, not so much....

Ugh , I wish eugen would stop saying "soonish" when he really knows it will be a couple more dayz , that's just a big cockbloxk lol. I simply can't play .55 anymore I need experimental , I think I'm just gonna stop following the devs twitters and wait for that patch to download cuz I hate the words soon and soonish lol ...

Soonish meant probably a couple days when I read it. Honestly, I think it's a pretty good response, vague enough to allow for inherent uncertainty and still meaningful to give a rough timeframe. For me it's really perfect timing, one more paper to finish and then loads of free time.

• Like 1

soonish makes me want to kick him in the balls LOL but obv I won't cause I love him :d but I really really want a 0.56 :( 

• Like 1

Ugh , I wish eugen would stop saying "soonish" when he really knows it will be a couple more dayz , that's just a big cockbloxk lol. I simply can't play .55 anymore I need experimental , I think I'm just gonna stop following the devs twitters and wait for that patch to download cuz I hate the words soon and soonish lol ...

Eugen is smart. He has obviously learned that if he is any more specific, he'll have a conga line of tweets complaining about how, "You promised a build and you didn't deliver and you're incompetent and I hate this game and it will never be finished and ..."

In all honesty, I'm stunned that he shares as much as he does!

• Like 5