boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

I cant seem to kill myself by jumping off buildings for some reason. anyone else got this problem ?

friend of mine had same issue.

on a separate note, I found a truck but i can't seem to interact with it.

Has anyone found anything.... new?

-Hunting Jackets

-IZH-18 Rifle

-General Store building added in a number of locations

-Stary Sobor tents have made a return appearance

-Gorka has been completely overhauled

I've noticed little changes to the inventory system and interactions all over, most of it for the better. It's much more responsive now when you do anything with your inventory. I would actually say the entire game was running more smoothly, and others said the same to me without me saying anything about it to them; it was noticeable.

Only major issue I've encountered so far has been the complete inability to interact with trucks. You can't do anything: open door, open hood, get in, etc. You're just not even given the option.

EDIT: Small gallery of new things:

y4RxJrv.jpg

WS0deDT.jpg

aB6bjER.jpg

W1hLitO.jpg

xrRwZtM.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 6

May 7th is hence forth Byron Hix day.

Make it so.

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

• Like 2

Saw some really strange stuff this weekend with trucks I have not seen before in this patch. Apologies if it was already reported or its already known, but I was driving a truck on several occasions in the center of the road and all of a sudden I was off the road by a good 30 - 40 feet. I crashed a few times b/c of this and all I can think of is the truck dysnc'd or my player did? Hard to replicate, but annoying when it happened. 

Will the .56 Stable release be a 100% wipe on all characters Public Shard and Private Shard?

• Like 2

Will the .56 Stable release be a 100% wipe on all characters Public Shard and Private Shard?

That appears to be the plan.

That's something I'd like to know too, as the last global wipe was only for the public branch, and the private hives were not affected.

So I'm wondering the same thing.

Thanks BleedoutBill for the quick response, but could we also have some official word on it?

That's something I'd like to know too, as the last global wipe was only for the public branch, and the private hives were not affected.

So I'm wondering the same thing.

Thanks BleedoutBill for the quick response, but could we also have some official word on it?

From the May 06 Status Report:

Tied with the 0.56 update to Stable branch, we'll see a hive wide reset (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-06-may-15

• Like 2

From the May 06 Status Report:

Tied with the 0.56 update to Stable branch, we'll see a hive wide reset (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-06-may-15

Hmm, I missed that the first time I read the status report, thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: I see now why I read passed it. It's much less obvious in the status report I first saw. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224789-status-report-06-may-15/#entry2260422

Edited by Odin Lowe

Got my ass kicked by invisible dude :(

i take it logs cant tell who was punching my face if i was to contact server administrator?

he didnt kill me, that's the prob.

Edited by halp

As i play stable again i had an incident yesterday:

I was fully geared: Gorka clothing, high cap vest, motorcycle helmet, facemask, sunglasses, mountain backpack. All pristine. Maximum protection.

I was all bright green inclusive healthy and several energy stored. No fracture, wounds, sickness, pain or even damp. The perfect fighter of Chernarus.

So i entered a red brick house (Dubrovka or surrounding) with the long floor in the middle (exits on both ends) and the big 2-door-rooms on each side. I was in the middle of the floor when I think I saw a Z in the corner of an eye (of course the Z (if there was one (i am not sure any more) was loudless at its arriving). In the next moment i heard a hitsound and all was black. I thought "Shiiiit this bastard hit me unconscious instantly! Never got this! My buddy has to save me!" but no: "You are dead". I never had one of this situations. I always had ninja-hulk-Z-situations but never an elite-ninja-hulk-situation like that. The fun was limited. I am ok if this happens every 500 Z-hits as it was in my case but i would like to state it here that i don't want to see this again any time soon. And maybe it is not intended anyways (or even a bug in the building structure) so count this as a bug report. <_<

Edited by Algano

Got my ass kicked by invisible dude :(

i take it logs cant tell who was punching my face if i was to contact server administrator?

he didnt kill me, that's the prob.

Won't be anything in the logs as they are currently to indicate who hit you unfortunately. Its frustrating :( 

So i entered a red brick house (Dubrovka or surrounding) with the long floor in the middle (exits on both ends) and the big 2-door-rooms on each side. I was in the middle of the floor when I think I saw a Z in the corner of an eye (of course the Z (if there was one (i am not sure any more) was loudless at its arriving). In the next moment i heard a hitsound and all was black. I thought "Shiiiit this bastard hit me unconscious instantly! Never got this! My buddy has to save me!" but no: "You are dead". I never had one of this situations. I always had ninja-hulk-Z-situations but never an elite-ninja-hulk-situation like that. The fun was limited. I am ok if this happens every 500 Z-hits as it was in my case but i would like to state it here that i don't want to see this again any time soon. And maybe it is not intended anyways (or even a bug in the building structure) so count this as a bug report. <_<

This happened to me recently as well on the streets of Vavilovo.  My explanation at the time is that this is the result of the "spinal fracture" metric that WOBO has championed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wky22FdMY5w

and it sounds very reasonable as an explanation for your episode.  You character has a limited and defined amount of bodily damage that it can take (zeds, falls, being shot) and when that threshold is reached or surpassed you instantly die.  

I was one-hitted by a zed as well, and I was just as pissed about it.  On the other hand I had an event in a few days so I was *very* happy I didn't find out during that event.  Gave me time to re-gear with a fresh body.

It would be nice if they told us through a status update with delayed death or on the death screen itself or gave us a warning like "I feel brittle"  or "I dreamed of dying last night"   ;)

[Edit] Sorry about missing the spoiler tags

Edited by OrganGrinder
  • Like 2

This happened to me recently as well on the streets of Vavilovo. My explanation at the time is that this is the result of the "spinal fracture" metric that WOBO has championed (

) and it sounds very reasonable as an explanation for your episode. You character has a limited and defined amount of bodily damage that it can take (zeds, falls, being shot) and when that threshold is reached or surpassed you instantly die.

I was one-hitted by a zed as well, and I was just as pissed about it. On the other hand I had an event in a few days so I was *very* happy I didn't find out during that event. Gave me time to re-gear with a fresh body.

It would be nice if they told us through a status update with delayed death or on the death screen itself or gave us a warning like "I feel brittle" or "I dreamed of dying last night" ;)

Yep, under the bottom line there seems to be a death counter atm. So no chance to survive, the game is kind of rigged from the start. I for myself stopped playing the time being. I think it wouldn't make any sense to play a survival game like this right now. The Zeds just will get, hit and kill you sooner or later, no way around.

Edited by Ken Bean

Holy moly! That sounds logic. Hm, i thought about it a while and yeah, as i said, i am ok with that. Its logic also. My character had to receive much in his life and from that it is not a surprise that a hit at the false (or right) point will do more damage than expected and kill him instantly. If you have a prior injured/weakened part of your body it CAN take less than normal to destroy this organ/bone etc. and shock the body to death. So hm, hard but good because its plausible. Additionaly it balances the game in fact as the video creator said. But in a game it is good to know such things. Although i like it the devs try to not use some % indicators and show you all the data. But you can't guess in all terms how realistic the game is. Maybe you should get the information that you have to keep in mind, that your character will degrade as a real body would. Maybe this can also count for good things as fitness for example. Good to know anyways! Thanks!

Well.....I've decided now is a good time to step back from this game; I've had enough for now. Our GSP change our IP on our server....YET AGAIN thus causing us to lose our traffic and rank. On top of that it is my opinion that this game's performance drastically needs improving. I know we've been reading from the Dev's that they are taking drastic steps to improve performance, so I truly hope we see it in the future. As I mentioned in the status report thread, if taking out the zed's means more server/client performance, so be it, but in my opinion the true test will be when they reintroduce them back into stable and we see what performance is like. Until then I'm ready to take a break. 

I'll be watching from the nose bleed section on how the next few updates effect the game's performance and hope for the best. 

Had my character commit suicide as I felt it was the proper thing to do since there is a wipe in the near future anyway :P

Good luck survivor's and thanks to those of you who made "Welcome to the Jungle // 24/7 Daytime!!" your home. 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 1

Am I the only one struggling to find and food/water loot in the south/east coast and even inland areas? So far I've died six times today to starvation and only once to another player. I have no problem finding books, loads of books! Everywhere! I just can't find any food.. At all.. Even berries and apples are somewhat hard to find since I get mass "You have found nothing" responses. Loving the new zombies though, much better animations and the roaming = <3. But please, moar damn loot! I don't want loot explosions like we saw before but, I'd like to actually be able to experience the game and get towards that end tier gear so I can test it / try it out. At the moment I haven't even found any ammunition for weapons.. x_x

Just want to confirm this..

0.56 is coming out tomorrow, correct?

Nope. Most likely next week. Check the DevTracker.

public servers down? I can only see experimental servers and some of my favorite private stable servers...

public servers down? I can only see experimental servers and some of my favorite private stable servers...

Wednesday Server Maintenance: Scheduled weekly maintenance occurs every Wednesday, at 06.00 GMT servers will go down for about 3 hours. Duration may very.

Wednesday Server Maintenance: Scheduled weekly maintenance occurs every Wednesday, at 06.00 GMT servers will go down for about 3 hours. Duration may very.

oh, thx

Hello,

when I attached the gun holster to the plate carrier with the storage compartment already attached all items inside the storage compartment of the plate carrier vanished. Probably known but I thought I would post it anyways.