Sign in to follow this  
eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126981

Gameplay will change. No more killing all zombies in towns with few swings of fireaxe. I'm Ok with that. Give me more!

• Like 1

Are heli crashes dropping loot at all or is loot disabled on them at the moment?

• Like 1

Are heli crashes dropping loot at all or is loot disabled on them at the moment?

They do but they are persistence and all the their loot are scavenged I found M4 there, and I believe all the Exp servers are Per-on so no loot is spawning , and that's a problem although I think I read some where that's spawn table is off for this version so it could be just a temporarily bug. 

• Like 2

Gameplay will change. No more killing all zombies in towns with few swings of fireaxe. I'm Ok with that. Give me more!

and then no more killing zombies with a gun, because that will draw more zombies. plus guns and ammo are to be scarce. so making it tougher to kill a zombie with melee, adding more zombies, less guns....so basically this game is to become a farming game in the woods but be careful what you eat from your farm because it could make you sick.

it sounds like fun.

granted that's once the zombies are fixed so that they don't go through walls and aggro from miles away knowing exactly what room you are in in a 3 story building behind a door...

i'm all for making the game tougher, but until you can actually escape a zombie in their "easy" state now, how are you going to survive when 10 zombies can warp in to the same room you're in? lol

i'm expecting a whole lot more growing pains to come as we move forward haha

Edited by cash81

Let's keep it on topic:

- The zombies are substantially improved, path-finding is smoother, (aside from invisible zombies -> side note: return to their model that is stuck, and they'll eventually clip back into reality.) and they seem more like a fair fight now. Some fights have gone really well, others end in a lot of lost blood and equipment. They are item eating machines, and maybe while tweaking that they'll add the proper destruction sounds for items (ripping cotton, vinyl, cracking wood, etc)

-Not to tangent, but wouldn't it be great/terrible if there was a chance to lose things in a fight if the container they're in becomes damaged...

- Fps and response time is better, from driving a truck to vaulting fences, I miss less door closing prompts when entering buildings.

- In-car damage has claimed one of my lives and two additional pairs of shoes, but it also seems that the v3s collisions are sharper and less buggy altogether

- I feel like i've seen groups of zombies attracted towards a single area after audio or visual cues, might be my imagination, but I know the team has a lot up their sleeves for group A.I.

- I love/hate being snuck up on now, but I also would love some knock down or restrainment from zombies, maybe a group A.I. eventuality (think David's death in Shaun of the Dead)

In terms of general entertainment, and ease of play, besides our invisible friends which I already explained a sort of workaround to, this experiment is very successful.

Now add bicycles!

Edited by MotleyKoop

BioHaze, on 21 Mar 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:BioHaze, on 21 Mar 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

^But I don't wanna play on private hiveses. :(

Eh, is that one of the static ones again...? I guess I had not seen it in awhile....

I cannot wait for towns like Severogard to be teeming with infected.

So, you whine a whole page about server hoppers but you don't want to play on a private hive or server....

Edited by Dennus

^Yes.

I want to play "out in the wild" to some degree, open to the world of players, not the 400 people with the password.

I prefer an organic experience and only meta game the absolute minimum.

I stopped using maps in the SA all together and only try to use my visual memory for the terrain, a compass, time of day, (as I would in RL) for navigation.

I'm "allowed" to want a vanilla, vanilla, 1st person, vanilla, experience.

Guy shipwrecks in zombie apocalypse.

Guy carves semi-random path across a country he is fairly familiar with.

Guy dies.

Repeat.

Edit for pic of sadly loot-free chopper found on the way to a notorious spot.

xs0mrh4.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4

^Always assume there will be a wipe and you won't be disappointed.

This is Alpha and the hive will be wiped regularly and often.

• Like 1

^Yes.

I want to play "out in the wild" to some degree, open to the world of players, not the 400 people with the password.

Just for the record, there are many private servers that don't require a password/whitelisting. In fact most of them seem to be that way.

My only issue is none of the first person private servers seem to be persistent. Is persistence still not working well or something? It seems to work fine on the public servers I frequent but most all private servers are non-persistent and I can't figure out why.

Yes indeed, I forget that they don't have to have a password to be private.

It's a smaller cross section/smaller world in a way.

The idea just seems too insular for my liking.

I do think about trying private sometimes; could happen in the future I guess....

I spawned inside a rock, anyone have ideas how to get out? 

suicide or wait for starvation if you can not clip yourself out of the rock.

^Yes.

I prefer an organic experience and only meta game the absolute minimum.

I stopped using maps in the SA all together and only try to use my visual memory for the terrain, a compass, time of day, (as I would in RL) for navigation.

I'm "allowed" to want a vanilla, vanilla, 1st person, vanilla, experience.

Guy shipwrecks in zombie apocalypse.

Guy carves semi-random path across a country he is fairly familiar with.

Guy dies.

Repeat.

Edit for pic of sadly loot-free chopper found on the way to a notorious spot.

xs0mrh4.jpg

You seem to have no clue at all to what private servers/exactly are. Your lack of knowledge on this topic is disturbing for a guy who has more than a thousand posts on this forum. I exclusively play on 1st person private hives, none of them are password protected.

You seem to have no clue at all to what private servers/exactly are. Your lack of knowledge on this topic is disturbing for a guy who has more than a thousand posts on this forum. I exclusively play on 1st person private hives, none of them are password protected.

I remember private servers having passwords and I sort of mixed private hive and private server there a little.

I get what shards are but I thought people were talking about password/whitelist situations and the like.

Sorry for confusions.

Edit: isn't it somewhat "good" that I don't want to be on RP servers that cater to my way of playing? Learning to avoid or fending off KoS is part of the experience for me too....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

The zombies need their sounds to be fixed. No footsteps or growling, makes them too sneaky. Too many times I've been mangled by a zombie coming outta nowhere, producing no sound and getting me offguard and wasting me before I can react. Just fix the footsteps atleast.

• Like 2

aside from invisible zombies -> side note: return to their model that is stuck, and they'll eventually clip back into reality

Returning to them works if you know where they are, occasionally I have no idea where they are at.  If I knew, it wouldn't be the issue that it is.  I was in a small office building in Electro, across the square from the Police Station, where I was being attacked in the med room on the second floor.  Tried to make down stairs but what ever it was, it broke my legs and continued to beat me to death.  No idea where it was at all.

Edited by Barnabus

I spawned inside a rock, anyone have ideas how to get out? 

Report that here whenever that type of thing happens too, even if you can get out of it.  http://feedback.dayzgame.com/

So yeah, chainsaw is pretty effective.

I couldnt get mine to turn on but I'm wondering if i needed fuel ?

I couldnt get mine to turn on but I'm wondering if i needed fuel ?

Based on my prior recollection when first introduced, they indeed require fuel to operate.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

So yeah, chainsaw is pretty effective.

An understatement, perhaps? :p

I knew that DayZ will never fail, good times ahead. :beans:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1