Sign in to follow this  
eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126981

I have been finding guns o plenty on exp servers of late.. i mean say 4 or 5 every half hour in towns on the coast

I havent noticed the infected numbers increase at all either

Depends on what server your at though and what part of the area your in. Some areas seem to have fairly a good amount of things to find while allot of areas are almost bare bone dry. Iv been on coast mainly only because its been dropping me there and you know logically it makes sense to scavenge those areas for supplies.

Depends on what server your at though and what part of the area your in. Some areas seem to have fairly a good amount of things to find while allot of areas are almost bare bone dry. Iv been on coast mainly only because its been dropping me there and you know logically it makes sense to scavenge those areas for supplies.

It's possible it's the loot spawning system that makes some areas nearly barren of gear or it could be players making sure others have a hard time finding

supplies so they can be one of the only highly geared players on the servers.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

/insert tears

I often avoid certain high value locations because of KoS players.

And really, it's not fucking fair. No, fuck you, it's not.

So I've avoided prison island from the beginning, tried to be patient, let interest die down, try to pick a decent moment to explore and possibly loot.

Last night the server I was playing on reset so I took a break and logged back into the same server 10 minutes later.

I was the ONLY person on the server.

I ran for a long time, swam for a long time, and found myself cold and wet in the prison.

I walked up the spiral stairs and scanned for 360 degrees seeing nothing/no one and having checked the player list moments ago (and found I was still alone), I decided to clear the building in thorough fashion.

The only loot found was food and handcuffs, none of the military gear I had heard about but I'm not sure I checked every where because....

A half wookie (with a goofy Nordic accent) teleported into the prison just below me, held me up at mosin point (I put my hands up and knelt), tried to shoot me at point blank range AND MISSED then actually killed me (as I said, "yo! what the fuck!") and then apologized to my dead body.

I had absolutely NO GEAR he could have wanted save the ammo and somehow I doubt he wasn't carrying more rounds than I.

Completely pointless, basically grief driven game play style.

It's a good thing I found ways to play that tend to at least get me more neutral encounters than KoS.... otherwise the player base would completely ruin this game for me.

/close tears

Performance wise, this patch is an improvement for me.

I do get a bunch of flickering or dimming of my screen when moving around which has been present for some time now.

On lower population servers I see better interaction with infected and better infected AI performance as well.

It seems conspicuous to me that no one here has mentioned the xmas loot spawns. I think I'm seeing too much loot in some places....

A patch today would be a nice surprise but I'm assuming this is our build for the weekend.

Stay thirsty, my friends!

TL;DR?  server hoppers need to choke on giant rotten piles of dog shit.

I really hope there are plans to combat this exploit.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Yep, I get it completely, happens to me quite often too.  To be fair though, when you go to a popular hopper spot be well armed, have it out and be willing to kill or be killed.  Some areas are just ripe for KOS. 

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Yep, I get it completely, happens to me quite often too.  To be fair though, when you go to a popular hopper spot be well armed, have it out and be willing to kill or be killed.  Some areas are just ripe for KOS. 

Actually all areas seem to be ripe for KoS as I've been running through towns inland that had nothing of real value (military gear, ect.) and was killed without a hello or anything. It doesn't matter where you go as you're bound to run into a KoS *******. I'd hate to see those people who KoS if something like this really did happen as they'd probably kill everyone including friends and family just so they can "survive".

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

They suck. I was KOSed two days ago. I barely saw new zombies. Asshole run after me in a house and planted hoe to my head before I had chance to say "Frie....!" It was in Orlovets.

• Like 1

Anyone else finding the best way to kill zombies is with fists?  They can't hit you when yer punching them and only 1-3 hits to the head there dead. 

Actually, I am finding that the stun baton and cattle prod are still 2 hits and they be ded.  One hit if you get them in the head.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I told my girlfriend who was sitting here with me, "I'm going to this prison island, it might be good loot or might get shot in the face".

I knew the chances were good for the latter.

When we ran into each other he already had a gun out and raised so when he said "put your hands up", I thought there was chance for something other than being shot.

In retrospect I thought I could have tried stripping and running away while saying I was doing so.... I dunno.

I've been killed by so many different things in DayZ, starting over doesn't bother me, but dying for what I consider is "no good reason" by the hand of a player can be more frustrating than stairs that eat your legs.

On topic:

Does anybody else think there is a lot more loot spawning than in the past?

I KOS everyone I see.  I used to try talking to people, but I've grown callous after being betrayed far too many times.  It's just not worth the risk when I have bullets and the opportunity to put them into somebody's body before they see me.

Hopefully as more systems fall into place, other players will become a resource you'll want to group up with, rather than bullet sponges.

^Well that's just like, your opinion, man.

If people betray your trust, you let your guard down.

Considering I wasn't instantly shot in my last situation, I tried to play it out. It's really no major loss!

I don't KoS but I don't try to "group up" either. KoS'rs usually lack imagination in my experience.

But let's not derail this topic into a KoS discussion please....

Edited by BioHaze

I KOS everyone I see.  I used to try talking to people, but I've grown callous after being betrayed far too many times.  It's just not worth the risk when I have bullets and the opportunity to put them into somebody's body before they see me.

Hopefully as more systems fall into place, other players will become a resource you'll want to group up with, rather than bullet sponges.

Sadly some players don't seem to be playing this as a survival simulator but more like c.o.d where they kill everyone they see because there's currently

no consequences for their actions.

I'm seeing a lot glitchy interactions between the infected and the map structures.

I had an infected stuck running against a low rail in the ground and after I shot it I saw it was still stuck in the distance but then I started to get hit.

I found another walking into what looked like a curb, stuck there.

I fired at least a dozen .22 rounds with the trumpet into the zombies body and it did not fall.

You could hear the thud of the bullet impacting it and every other round would stagger the zombie.

I finally aimed for the head and it did fall.

I think the town I'm in is mostly un-looted for a change, of course now the server resets.

Edit: Logging back in I find a high vantage point and realize there are more than a few infected to snipe with my Sporter + 30rnd magazine.

As reported by others, for other firearms, weapon wear is being tested in this build.

About 100 rounds fired from the Sporter caused it to go from Pristine to Damaged.

The accuracy however seemed to stay consistent.

That was a lot of fun.... I think I've found a favorite zombie killing town for now.

Edited by BioHaze

/insert tears

So I've avoided prison island from the beginning, tried to be patient, let interest die down, try to pick a decent moment to explore and possibly loot.

Last night the server I was playing on reset so I took a break and logged back into the same server 10 minutes later.

I ran for a long time, swam for a long time, and found myself cold and wet in the prison.

I walked up the spiral stairs and scanned for 360 degrees seeing nothing/no one and having checked the player list moments ago (and found I was still alone), I decided to clear the building in thorough fashion.

The only loot found was food and handcuffs, none of the military gear I had heard about but I'm not sure I checked every where because....

A half wookie (with a goofy Nordic accent) teleported into the prison just below me, held me up at mosin point (I put my hands up and knelt), tried to shoot me at point blank range AND MISSED then actually killed me (as I said, "yo! what the fuck!") and then apologized to my dead body.

I had absolutely NO GEAR he could have wanted save the ammo and somehow I doubt he wasn't carrying more rounds than I.

It's a good thing I found ways to play that tend to at least get me more neutral encounters than KoS.... otherwise the player base would completely ruin this game for me.

/close tears

I do get a bunch of flickering or dimming of my screen when moving around which has been present for some time now.

On lower population servers I see better interaction with infected and better infected AI performance as well.

It seems conspicuous to me that no one here has mentioned the xmas loot spawns. I think I'm seeing too much loot in some places....

A patch today would be a nice surprise but I'm assuming this is our build for the weekend.

TL;DR? server hoppers need to choke on giant rotten piles of dog shit.

It was me at the prison who held you hands up to the cell and missed the first shot at my surprise as I was holding the mosin at my hip. Unfortunatelly I ruined that ak74 mag. But thankgod that can opener was still intact.

Actually I didn't spawn under you. I swam all my to the island. I even lit a fire on the shore. When I was not cold/wet anymore, I took my gun and started walking up the main prison hill, aware that someone could be inside, knowing for a long time someone was with me on the server.

As I was approching the main door, I was already earing loud footsteps on metal flooring. It was obvious there was someone inside.

I was ready to kill. Once inside, we finally met. Your gun on your shoulder I yell HANDS UP. You obeyed. I thought for a second that I could make you drop all your loot to the floor and you would have swam to the main land.

And I changed my mind, and pulled the trigger. Twice.

Next time I would suggest that you keep your gun in hands ready to fight, and listen to your surroundings.

God, I filled 3 PET bottles with all those tears..

Cheers

Edited by lordkalvaire

Do not under estimate the value of a can opener in the apocalypse, nor to the lengths a determined individual will go, to secure same!

• Like 2

Cheers

Fill those 3 Bottles with Petrol then put them back in food spawn areas if you want to really harvest bulk quantities of tears.

It was me at the prison who held you hands up to the cell and missed the first shot at my surprise as I was holding the mosin at my hip. Unfortunatelly I ruined that ak74 mag. But thankgod that can opener was still intact.

Actually I didn't spawn under you. I swam all my to the island. I even lit a fire on the shore. When I was not cold/wet anymore, I took my gun and started walking up the main prison hill, aware that someone could be inside, knowing for a long time someone was with me on the server.

As I was approching the main door, I was already earing loud footsteps on metal flooring. It was obvious there was someone inside.

I was ready to kill. Once inside, we finally met. Your gun on your shoulder I yell HANDS UP. You obeyed. I thought for a second that I could make you drop all your loot to the floor and you would have swam to the main land.

And I changed my mind, and pulled the trigger. Twice.

Next time I would suggest that you keep your gun in hands ready to fight, and listen to your surroundings.

Cheers

I had a feeling my detailed post would draw you out, coward.

If you like my tears so much, why the fuck did you APOLOGIZE?  :lol:

"Sorry Johnson, you were so polite." or some other pointless idiocy and then you come on here acting all hard. What a joke.

Good job, shooting a person with their hands up who's kneeling.

Congratulations, you've reached skill level, "ISIS".

You are officially a god of... can openers.

:rolleyes:

If you truly swam over and lit a fire, somehow I missed that, which is possible.

Doesn't make you less of a spineless douche bag because you didn't hop.

Nice to have "chat turned back on"here for once, to tell a KoS wimp what you think.

Thanks!

:D

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Just for everyone's SA, a zed will chase you in a truck and hitting that zed at high speed will do no damage to you, your truck or said zed. 

Killed this time in AUS2 by a tornado zed, he was hitting me while spinning all around and through me, he was an EF5 and I was Joplin, Missouri.  I hit him twice with a fire axe during this ballet of death and destruction and then got the "you are dead" screen.  Thanks Obama.

Going back in.

Forgot to mention, chainsaw is da bomb!  I must have a sound bug because I can't hear it at all. NVM, it sucks.

Edited by Barnabus

I got a chuckle finding this spot for a Police Car.

It's probably been seen before but was new to me....

As seen from the roof of a Police Station.

miPIu1U.jpg

• Like 1

-snip-

Ah, severograd my old friend, good times had there. (and I think that PC is static, been there every time I've been there)

• Like 2

BioHaze, on 20 Mar 2015 - 4:54 PM, said:

/insert tears

/close tears

Private hive...

^But I don't wanna play on private hiveses. :(

Ah, severograd my old friend, good times had there. (and I think that PC is static, been there every time I've been there)

Eh, is that one of the static ones again...? I guess I had not seen it in awhile....

I cannot wait for towns like Severogard to be teeming with infected.

• Like 1

Well, going back to stable for the weekend and some role play.  Very annoyed with the invisible zed bug.  I had heard of this before but after actually experiencing it I can see the immense frustration it brings.  I hate the zeds now, I don't fear them, I just think they need lots and lots of tweaking before this build goes to stable.  Sometimes they work good, I had a fight with one and he kept pushing me back, physics worked great.  Then you juxtapose that with the zeds that run through you and beat you senseless from behind, no matter which way you turn, when they are in front of you they strafe behind you just as you swing on them.  They are that monkey on your back, sucks big fat flabby poorly wiped ass having zeds adopting our tactics but really just being harder to kill because are more glitchy than ever before.. 

Edited by Barnabus

Clothes seem to really protect you well.

I was able to take quite a beating from 3 infected that surrounded me and did not die but nearly all my clothes became ruined.

Not long after healing and before I could replace my clothes, I ran into a couple more infected.

4 or 5 hits killed me from healthy while wearing a ruined raincoat with a plate carrier over it and wearing a ruined helmet.

Edit: In this case I believe my Magnum drew aggro from unseen infected.

Edited by BioHaze

Well, going back to stable for the weekend and some role play. Very annoyed with the invisible zed bug. I had heard of this before but after actually experiencing it I can see the immense frustration it brings. I hate the zeds now, I don't fear them, I just think they need lots and lots of tweaking before this build goes to stable. Sometimes they work good, I had a fight with one and he kept pushing me back, physics worked great. Then you juxtapose that with the zeds that run through you and beat you senseless from behind, no matter which way you turn, when they are in front of you they strafe behind you just as you swing on them. They are that monkey on your back, sucks big fat flabby poorly wiped ass having zeds adopting our tactics but really just being harder to kill because are more glitchy than ever before..

Haha, I was talking about that another day and some guy said zeds are supposed to be "fast and dangerous".

They are terrible broken and it will take another 10 days for stable to get update. I'll go to stable and stuff my character with ammo and mags.

• Like 1

Haha, I was talking about that another day and some guy said zeds are supposed to be "fast and dangerous".

They are terrible broken and it will take another 10 days for stable to get update. I'll go to stable and stuff my character with ammo and mags.

Yeah, they should be dangerous, not too sure about fast, they are sick after all but he left out one thing and that would be consistent which they are not now.  Not predictable and not 100% uniform, but there should not be zeds that we have no chance against solo unless it is in a special circumstance like some sort of instanced dungeon or theme park in the future.