Sign in to follow this  
eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126981

The error message in question.

o0tbp5.jpg

I've searched solutions on Google, saw someone with that problem back in 2012 and with the DayZ mod, another search on the Bug reporting site provided me with another fellow who had this problem back in August 2014, and somehow no solution was found as his problem "fixed itself".

Odin, why have you got your < _cur_mp.ebo > in a 'temp' folder    -  ?

Usually is found in  < .../... /MPMissionsCache/_cur_mp.ebo  >

So a /temp/ folder is created for the duration, while you are playing experimental?   if this is the case, launch dayz as administrator ? (something is writing into your private User files, then not finding it, or failing to write it in the first place)

[sorry this is off topic folks - I like Odin and I worry about him, is all. Back on topic, ok..]

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Which are "old" and which are "new" servers? How to differ them? I encountered two zombies, one thing I noticed is that it's harder to hit them. It's like they avoid hits.

The old experimental servers

16290nn.jpg

And the new ones.

344786a.jpg

You can notice a number right next to the location of the server on the new ones. (Next to US, UK or AUZ.    IE: US7 0-2 while the old servers are like US 0-2) 

• Like 3

Odin, why have you got your < _cur_mp.ebo > in a 'temp' folder    -  ?

Usually is found in  < .../... /MPMissionsCache/_cur_mp.ebo  >

So a /temp/ folder is created for the duration, while you are playing experimental?   if this is the case, launch dayz as administrator ? (something is writing into your private User files, then not finding it, or failing to write it in the first place)

[sorry this is off topic folks - I like Odin and I worry about him, is all. Back on topic, ok..]

I have no clue why it's in a temp folder, but it's also in the official folder too. Lastly, I run DayZ as an admin so I don't understand why it does that. The first time I got the error was on stable branch, trying to join the Colony server after the 0.54 hotfix. Now, it's with the new experimental servers that are with the new hardware Eugene told us.

Thanks a lot Pilgrim, it's much appreciated!!  :thumbsup:

I love experimental so much, thus the reason I'm trying to figure this out. Everything was deleted and re-installed when it happened for that one private I liked playing on, so you can imagine how sad I am now that it transferred to experimental branch...  :(

• Like 1

..//..

I love experimental so much, thus the reason I'm trying to figure this out. Everything was deleted and re-installed when it happened for that one private I liked playing on, so you can imagine how sad I am now that it transferred to experimental branch...  :(

I feel it dude - hold in there!

Hey, maybe check something - are the two < _cur_mp.pbo/ebo >  files in the two folders the exact same size.. if so it means they are the same file.; if not then you have two different versions (- for some reason - ).. the MPMissionsCache version should be the one that remains when DayZ is not running. (at least that one is a pbo, right, not  an 'ebo'.. )

Where yo go from there, I'll have to figure out, my suggestions ATM could have "horrible consequences" .

Can your Win7 "search files" find both of those two pbo/ebo files?  And I guess neither is read only.. ?  ..

I'll have to check some stuff first.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

New hardware?

I guess this is the new servers, but what exactly is the improvement here? Should we expect better performance and stability on the new servers?

• Like 1

I feel it dude - hold in there!

Hey, maybe check something - are the two < _cur_mp.pbo/ebo >  files in the two folders the exact same size.. if so it means they are the same file.; if not then you have two different versions (- for some reason - ).. the MPMissionsCache version should be the one that remains when DayZ is not running. (at least that one is a pbo, right, not  an 'ebo'.. )

Where yo go from there, I'll have to figure out, my suggestions ATM could have "horrible consequences" .

Can your Win7 "search files" find both of those two pbo/ebo files?  And I guess neither is read only.. ?  ..

I'll have to check some stuff first.

Alright, I just tried something. The thing is, I don't have any "tmp" folder in c:\users\username\appdata\local\dayz nor do I have a __cur_mp.ebo, but, I have a MPMissionCache folder in that path and in it is a __cur_mp.pbo so I tried to copy it and create a "tmp" folder, then change it's name to .ebo, but that folder gets deleted when launching the game...   :lol:

Why would those server, the new experimental ones, or the Colony private server, would want to access a file that doesn't even exist? Even more, the files are all .pbo in DayZ, so why an .ebo?? It's all very strange.

Edit: It was all Hicks' fault!!!  :lol:  When we had the memory leaks in experimental 0.54, Hicks suggested to make logs by adding -dologs in the launch parameters and submitting those to the bug tracker so they could help fix those crashes, turns out it was the cause of all my troubles....  :rolleyes:

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 4

What other goals have they missed?

Plenty, but that's beside the point. He doesn't comprehend that development timelines are not set in stone and that things will happen when they happen. Just a whiner, ignore him ;)

• Like 2

hey there,

i get the following prompt: "cannot open file ...AppData\Local\DayZ\tmp\__cur_mp.ebo"

any ideas? just got the experimental update and this happened as soon as i try joining a server.

i just had a look at the folder. this tmp folder doesn't even exist on my machine...

hope someone can help.

cheers,

ello

The spawn tables are still messed up on the "old" experimental servers.

As far as the new ones, I don't have a clue, as I've got some major problem. 

I'll try to make this as short as possible while giving as much details I can. I never had any big problems with DayZ in more than a thousand hours. Except for the memory leaks and stability issues most other players also have, I've never had any trouble playing the game. 

Then, experimental 0.54 came, and it was fine, until a small fix for it came and a new BE update was pushed. Hicks had told us that by going back to stable, we needed to check files integrity as you couldn't play unless you did this. So I did, and it was all great until I tried to log in a private whitelisted server I usually play on (The DayZ Colony, powered by the Weyland Yutani corporation  ;) ) and the game crashed, sending me back to my desktop with an error message. I then tried all my other private servers, or public hive, without any issues, only with that one server. It bothered me as I've had a great time there, so I searched for an answer how to fix this. Verified integrity of files multiple times, deleted my profile folder, config folder and finally, totally un-installed DayZ and deleted all the folders, configs and misc folders in AppData and Documents, to no avail. Even after all that, still the same error.

The error message in question.

o0tbp5.jpg

I've searched solutions on Google, saw someone with that problem back in 2012 and with the DayZ mod, another search on the Bug reporting site provided me with another fellow who had this problem back in August 2014, and somehow no solution was found as his problem "fixed itself".

My main problem is, directly linked to experimental, as now, all the new servers (from the new hardware I suppose) give me this error and I can't join any. Help please? Google, bug tracker and official forums failed to provide me with anything substantial.

I reported a CTD with the same Windows error message. I was told to remove the -dologs launch parameter and my problem was resolved.

• Like 3

Plenty, but that's beside the point. He doesn't comprehend that development timelines are not set in stone and that things will happen when they happen. Just a whiner, ignore him ;)

Agreed. Goals are just that. They are not commitments.

hey there,

i get the following prompt: "cannot open file ...AppData\Local\DayZ\tmp\__cur_mp.ebo"
any ideas? just got the experimental update and this happened as soon as i try joining a server.

i just had a look at the folder. this tmp folder doesn't even exist on my machine...
hope someone can help.

cheers,
ello

BleedoutBill just saved me. Remove the -dologs in the steam launch parameters!!  B)   :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Don't feed it,,,Report.

Alright! Back to the topic!

Was able to play for just a bit, but I can see lots of improvements on the infected! Although I'm sure a lot of players will cry when they hit their first "new" infected with a fireaxe, and see it stagger for a bit before resuming it's attack. Infected take lots of more hits before going down now, and even one can be "challenging". With their damage turn down, we can take more hits, but still, I can't imagine fighting a horde now!  :o

• Like 3

Played for about 35 minutes on one of the new servers. Performance was good, no desync and no technical problems. Performance seems ok. I did not enable core parking, but still had between 40 and 60 FPS with normal graphics settings. However i did not enter one of the big cities, so i would not know what would happens then..

Loot seems also ok. 

However i did not see a single zombie, and i got scared the crap out of me when a high ambient chicken sound suddenly decided to play in the middle of the forest. No chicken was seen during my search following. 

Pleased to see there is progress, and for the first time in ages i kind a want to play more. But first football and Champions League. Then i will play some more:)

Edited by skoms

Random "You are dead" message about 20 seconds into playing :(

(wasn't in a building or anything).

This has happened to me, several times, in other builds too, sucks I know, but one of those things to expect.  Especially sucks when running through a field after a screen freeze.

I have had this happen now 4 times in a row. After respawning I take about 30 steps and all of a sudden, black screen and "YOU ARE DEAD". Twice I was on a paved road, and twice I was in the grass near Elektro. Never in a building, on stairs or ladders :( 

I'm going to record it and report it. 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 2

Anyone else notice that when you're breathing hard your reticle dot will move where the gun is actually pointing now?

• Like 3

The chainsaw doesn't have any sound effect, but for some reason, I kept hearing loud chainsaw type sounds moving around me earlier. Freaked me out!

The chainsaw doesn't have any sound effect, but for some reason, I kept hearing loud chainsaw type sounds moving around me earlier. Freaked me out!

There is a lot of ambient sounds in the game atm. I almost shit my self when a very loud chicken sound suddenly appeared when i was in the middle of the forest. No chickens was around, and i know that because i searched for it. 

So i guess this is something we just have to deal with right now. Not a big problem, and i'm sure it will be fixed some day:)

• Like 1

I thought you needed gas for them. At least it doesn't seem to do anything when you choose "turn on". I still gives you the option to turn it on.

• Like 2

Fountains are broken! I've tried to drink out of one and also fill a canteen and was unable to do both. Drinking from ponds and filling canteens

from ponds works though.

Fountains are broken! I've tried to drink out of one and also fill a canteen and was unable to do both. Drinking from ponds and filling canteens

from ponds works though.

I don't think they are broken because i can drink of them. Not tried to fill a canteen though. 

Perhaps you just experienced some desync?

I don't think they are broken because i can drink of them. Not tried to fill a canteen though. 

Perhaps you just experienced some desync?

That's possible so I'll have to try one out again to verify it.

It's probably been mentioned so far (but I haven't seen it personally said yet), but zombies are OP. You come into contact with one and they are REALLY hard to kill, requiring many (5+) hits from a hatchet to kill. At the same time, because their attacks are bugged at the moment, they can do absurd amounts of damage in a short time, quickly fading your colors to near deathly conditions in 10 seconds of combat (around). A firearm is a must have to engage zombies at the moment, unless you REALLY want to die.

Also, I had an event of shoe and pants ruining from just running through a field (But no leg break), indicating that there might either be some desync problems when running down hills, causing people to levitate in air serverside when desynced, then dropping to the ground when connection is restored. That, or the opposite problem (falling through the map) could cause it too. However, I noticed no desync when it happened, so I have yet to confirm

EDIT: I also just got instakilled when getting out of a truck, I think the fall killed me when my character got out as I noticed when I got in, it had my character a ways up in the air (waist level with the roof of the cab)

Edited by David375

A splitting axe took more than a few whacks but punching a zombie killed it before I could switch to another weapon (could have been lucky).

Only a few zombies seen on the coast and 1 at the NWA (which I only looted briefly as it seemed to have been stripped).

I swear I can tell when the server I'm on has been hop/farmed....

I went north to a large city where there were 0 infected.

Are we back to 0.54 zombie numbers but with new AI?

Performance seemed fine with small moments of lag for the most part.

Hoping to get back on in an hour and find a town full infected to shoot with this here pump action....

Been playing on Singapore 1, no real issues except maybe a serious lack of Zeds.    I started east of Cherno but, I didn't really go into the city proper.  I just moved west through the waterfront side of town and never even saw or was attacked by zed in Cherno, the only other time I have taken that route and been unmolested was at night, never in a bright and sunny mid morning like this was.  Bottom line is I didn't see or get attacked by a zed until I was all the way over over at the SW corner of Balota Air Field, right there by the wrecked truck.  Next zed attack on me was also in Balota, by the warehouse down at the waters edge. Zeds got a few hits on me but did no significant damage before I got them to go down after 3-4 hits with a fire axe.  I imagine if I had wacked them in the head they would have gone down in one hit, as per usual.   Drove past some zeds at NWAF, they didn't seem too inclined to chase the truck I was driving. 

Found one UH and one MIl crash site.  I like the M65 Field Jacket and could not care one wit less that it is not waterproof.  It seemed that at the UH crash items were spawning in while I was there but not at the Mil site and they were well within visual distance of each other.  The UH1 crash also has orders upon orders of magnitude much better stuff than the crap at the Mil.  I am not sure the loot balance is fixed, I've found two military tents in the same officers tent during the same session already, after restart these were replaced by a Gorka Jacket and a orange mountain ruck but, I suppose it's just too early to tell.  I drove past the Vybor military base but didn't stop there.

Only one restart while I was on and that at least four hours in.  Have to say I don't much care for the new restart warning message, "Server restarting, log off now or you will be kicked" or words to that effect.  Seems a little harsh.

I saw a few deer that appeared to be partly sunk into the ground, chest deep and unable to move.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2