Sign in to follow this  
eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126981

Does anyone else thinks NEW zombies are moving too fast? While I rise axe and take a swing they hit me 3 times. hey pack a hit without doing atack animation, while runing. They also ruberband and telepor, but that could be due to my terible PC. 

Ran through a few more good sized towns that each had 0 infected in them.

Found a white V3S.

Drove out of town.

Clipped a guardrail at -20mph.

You are dead.

:rolleyes:

Time to start over again....

Anybody else miss having the choice between 1st person only and 1st/3rd person servers?

I know I do....

• Like 1

Does anyone else thinks NEW zombies are moving too fast? While I rise axe and take a swing they hit me 3 times. hey pack a hit without doing atack animation, while runing. They also ruberband and telepor, but that could be due to my terible PC. 

I agree, they are much faster, it isn't just you or your machine.

Ran through a few more good sized towns that each had 0 infected in them.

Found a white V3S.

Drove out of town.

Clipped a guardrail at -20mph.

You are dead.

:rolleyes:

Time to start over again....

Anybody else miss having the choice between 1st person only and 1st/3rd person servers?

I know I do....

Hey, stud,  just for future references that there V3S speed-o-meter is calibrated for KPH, not MPH.  So yeah, you were doing way less than 20 MPH.  I hit the side of a building and heard a sound like my headlights breaking, didn't die though.  I will not lie, I like and prefer playing in 1pp, but, I really hate driving vehicle in 1pp, in 3pp, for driving, I feel like I have peripheral vision, in 1pp I get tunnel vision, not at all how I am used to driving..

Edited by Barnabus

Moving too fast??

God no, they should be just as fast as us. The Zombies should be really difficult to take down and they should be a feared enemy. Hopefully they will deliver more damage in the future and keep their speed. However the teleport, ruberband and the fact they can turn invisible sometimes is features that i could be without. But that is of course just bugs and they will be fixed before game is finish:)

• Like 3

L Freaking OL.  So I am driving down a trail in the woods in my V3S and hit a tree.  I see a grey pain flash and think uh oh!  I get out of the truck expecting broken legs, nope, but both front tires are flat AND I ruined my boots!!!  So funny.  Be careful driving now....

• Like 2

I agree, they are much faster, it isn't just you or your machine.

Hey, stud,  just for future references that there V3S speed-o-meter is calibrated for KPH, not MPH.  So yeah, you were doing way less than 20 MPH.  I hit the side of a building and heard a sound like my headlights breaking, didn't die though.  I will not lie, I like and prefer playing in 1pp, but, I really hate driving vehicle in 1pp, in 3pp, for driving, I feel like I have peripheral vision, in 1pp I get tunnel vision, not at all how I am used to driving..

Hey, sexy pants, I wasn't even referencing to what a speedometer read I was guesstimating based how fast it felt I was going.....

Spawned in fresh in a great spot up north, near a factory area next to a large town.

First zombie spotted on railroad tracks, I stop and level my mosin at him.

As I am looking at him about 100 feet away, I begin to get hit by his ghost.

I run until I am no longer being killed by a poltergeist.

2nd zombie, near supermarket, I can hear it snarling outside but I cannot see it at all and never do locate where the sound of that zombie came from.

3rd zombie, near the town center seems to easily get hung up on a corner and my mosin shots do not harm it.

I walk straight up to it as it struggles to run against the structure in it's way and kill it with a single sledge thwomp.

UrMYVuJ.jpg

^white V3S of doom.

8DVeNXH.jpg

^infected woman seemingly hung up on a piece of the map.

0l1HvSr.jpg

^a bloody fart as she dies?

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

This build is running very smooth for me.  After a couple hours my only issue is with the zeds and that has been discussed already. 

• Like 1

Moving too fast??

God no, they should be just as fast as us. The Zombies should be really difficult to take down and they should be a feared enemy. Hopefully they will deliver more damage in the future and keep their speed. However the teleport, ruberband and the fact they can turn invisible sometimes is features that i could be without. But that is of course just bugs and they will be fixed before game is finish:)

While I don't mind them being as fast as us, the fact that they can run up steep inclines at full speed should be fixed.

They really really need to boost the server performance if any of their hard work relating to the AI, animations etc are going to pay off.  At the moment zombies are still flying through walls, gliding across the ground, warping all over the fucking place and just being generally retarded presumably due to horrible performance.  I was under the impression the new zombie AI was going to improve tick rate anyway?

Edited by Count_Blackula

^It's seems like there were bugs behind the bugs....

They fixed the server crash but somehow the AI has been shown to be functioning worse than last build (at least for me).

I'm curious to see what the next couple of patches have in store!

It's gonna be real fun when this build hits stable, all those bad drivers are gonna get some karmic justice!

Finally found some infected to kill.

Had a mosin and a magnum.

Due to lack of infected and the fact that the server emptied out I was running around rather carelessly clearing one end of large town.

I killed 3 with my mosin all well within earshot of each other and none of them seemed to aggro to the sound of the gun.

Running to a derelict apartment complex I carelessly stepped onto the street noticed 1 zombie right in front of me just in time to see 2 others on each flank as well.

Killing the first as he aggro'd I ran for the hills in hopes that I might put some distance between myself and the 2 left.

I believe I shot the 2nd one with the magnum 3 times at very close range and he only staggered and did not drop.

I switched to my sledge while trying to dodge in between trees and took more hits.

I then find the sledge is no longer as effective as it once was and ended up taking more hits before a 5th blow with the hammer knocked it down.

I killed the 3rd zombie with hammer in 3 hits and climbed a nearby newstand or snackshop thing to find an mp133!

I was down to 7 mosin rounds but happened to be carrying 70 shotgun shells, just in case....

I checked my health and found I was still energized and hydrated but not healing.

I crouched in a building and tried to promote healing with a little extra food and water but nothing seemed to change.

After a couple more minutes and no healing I decided to keep on eating to see if it would have any effect.

I ate a whole box of cereal, a powdered milk, 1 can of food, 1 soda, and drank a whole canteen with neither healing nor stuffed status.

I'm hoping logging back in might correct this somehow.

I did also have the blurry vision stuck from getting hit as well....

Edited by BioHaze

Moving too fast??

Dude, did you even try playing this build??

Im all for strong zombies, Im 100% PvE player. But zombies move faster than their animation works. They do circles around your carachter faster then you can swing axe. Same is with animals with new AI. Deers run 75 km/h. 

Its alpha, its experimental, and we have right to point at things that are not right.

Dude, did you even try playing this build??

Im all for strong zombies, Im 100% PvE player. But zombies move faster than their animation works. They do circles around your carachter faster then you can swing axe. Same is with animals with new AI. Deers run 75 km/h. 

Its alpha, its experimental, and we have right to point at things that are not right.

Yes, i did. 

First off. A deer can actually run up  to 75 km/h in real life, so that they are so fast in game is just how it should be. You wanna hunt a deer, you need to be patient, move very smart and hit your first shoot.

If you have problems with the zombies circle around you, well then you are basically standing on the same spot. The zombies should be very fast, and force you to move smart and be accurate when you take your swing. In fact, a Zombie should be so hard to overcome, that you seriously need to consider if you are gonna fight or just run for your life.

However, they should of course not move faster then their animation, run full speed up steep hills, become invicible, teleport and so on. But this are bugs, and will be fixed. However fast zombies and fast animals is just spot on. Especially when stealth works as it should.

Edited by skoms
  • Like 1

Heli-crash is persistence ?, it shouldn't be ( even in persistence-on server) as it doesn't make any sense , yesterday I found a heli-crash in which I found M4 so I dropped my SKS and took the M4 and logged out near it, today I logged in (same server) and found a heli-crash in the same spot along with my SKS and what left stuff from yesterday ! so it's either the server didn't restart from yesterday which I doubt or the heli-crash is persistence and it shouldn't be or maybe a bug that need to be fixed.

Edited by Raptor_i81

The chainsaw doesn't have any sound effect, but for some reason, I kept hearing loud chainsaw type sounds moving around me earlier. Freaked me out!

I hear the usual random noises when there are a lot of people on the server - BUT twice today I've been out in the trees and heard the "-fwap" sound of a near miss bullet.

Damn !

Now I don't even know if I'm being sniped at! rabbits drinking cans and howling was bad enough (until ya make friends with them)

.. this happened 2x about half an hour apart, but I had come back near to the same area so it could have been a real sniper or it could be a random sound. There were a couple of other random sounds but I'm used to them. But now I'm freaked out totally.. totally totally - when you hear a bullet go past you go straight into automatic reaction.

I HOPE this was just a lousy-aim sniper.. otherwise I really will go loopy: this is too much stress for one man to bear.

xx

Does anyone know if there is any STEALTH effect actually operating in-game at present (yet) or seen the beginning of one implemented? Any survivor report ? At the moment I kind of don't want to lie down and crawl past a couple of zombies anymore.. it gives me that ol' DayZ "this-is-not-good" feeling, specially with the way the zombies are acting now..  like I might be doing something silly.. (heh).

<<There is no group AI , nor there will be for 0.55. But the basic stealth is there and the performance seems to be really good.>> eugenharton

OK, I've spent the day being completely paranoid. This is my 3d year - I thought I knew when to be paranoid. Now I don't. Good game.

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

I checked my health and found I was still energized and hydrated but not healing.

I crouched in a building and tried to promote healing with a little extra food and water but nothing seemed to change.

After a couple more minutes and no healing I decided to keep on eating to see if it would have any effect.

I ate a whole box of cereal, a powdered milk, 1 can of food, 1 soda, and drank a whole canteen with neither healing nor stuffed status.

I'm hoping logging back in might correct this somehow.

You're not forgetting that natural regeneration was slowed down, are you? You probably lost a lot of blood, which will take forever to recover now that they've slowed it down.

..//..

From way back I've always found that to fix blurry vision stuck after a hit - you just open settings, click on your video settings (but don't even touch them) close your settings window - and blur's gone.

• Like 2

I ran into some kind of ghost zombie. Couldnt kill it and that was kind of frustrating but other than that i like whats in this build.

Better fps in towns for me. Especially because very low object detail has a real impact for my game now. Maybe it is reducing object view distance, too now \O/ . Weird is that enabling DSR over n-vidia drivers reduces mouse lag and seems to increase fps, too somehow. Has anyone noticed better fps, too now?

@Eugen: Can we please have one dedicated 1.person server for eu? The US North east is running on the 3. person hive.

Pretty pretty, pleasy :--)

Edited by VatiXerid

Thanks pilgrim, I already knew about that solution to the blurriness.

Tatanko, my status shown bright green energized and bright green hydrated even before I ate anything and after all I ate I never saw "healing" or stuffed for that matter.

• Like 1

Tatanko, my status shown bright green energized and bright green hydrated even before I ate anything and after all I ate I never saw "healing" or stuffed for that matter.

Right, if you don't have full blood yet you can't heal. When zombies hit you, it's almost guaranteed that you'll lose some blood in the process (you don't need to "bleed" to lose blood), and in 0.54 they majorly slowed down the process of recovering blood through natural regeneration as a means of forcing you to use blood bags/saline bags if you want to recover quickly. Even if your screen is relatively colorful, you can have enough blood gone that it might take you ten minutes to recover enough to heal.

That said, I don't have all the facts about your particular situation. You could be suffering from the bug that's been around for a while where you don't heal even with full blood, but that usually results from food poisoning or overeating to the point of vomiting.

• Like 2

Hey guys and gals. So after a long break from Dayz, I decided to see what was going on recently. 

All I can say is, wow. Great job guys. For the first time, it actually feels like the mod, but better. By that, I mean, finding a vehicle as a freshie and being able to head to military bases without  a 3 hour hike... ace!

The new zombie AI and animations are spot on (albeit expectedly buggy atm) - took me a little by surprise when my circle strafing didn't work out and I ended up having to pull out my blaze for a single Z. Also, their superhuman ability to flip a v3s (while utterly hilarious) is a little more than annoying - I've seen 4 upside down trucks now with a Z standing in the middle of it, but again, just an unfortunate alpha effect. As far as character health goes, I've had no problems getting healthy and the only health issues I've had are sore feet from my boots getting ruined in a truck accident (yup, I've seen 5 trucks this life...).

All in all, great progress and looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.

I'm loving this build so far. Very happy also to see that the improvised knife is no longer a super tool.

Looks like plant material still isn't fertilizer though. :(

Edited by Ebrim

Very happy also to see that the improvised knife is no longer a super tool.

Can you elaborate?