SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

Anyone know what was fixed in this patch?

Most likely the BE update that has been tested on experimental during last week

I'm 99% sure your tent will be gone. Ever since the implementation of tents and persistence, the rule has been that if you want to keep your items, you need to pack up your tent before maintenance each week. It's very, very consistent other than that caveat.

You are 100% correct my good sir :) No tent!!! Check it out! 

16788022015_52886a7d32_c.jpg

• Like 1

We made a little sound show with a  friend o mine, firing ak74&AKM in the air, followed by AKSU&MP5, followed by cr75 and 4 grenades.

Pretty sure whoever was on the island took a break after he heard us lol.

Anyway... i threw 4 nades and couldnt destroy the prison wall. I saw videos so im sure i was throwing it at the right wall, was this fixed?

Edited by halp

I'm pretty sure this is known already but I noticed today that firing a supressed weapon is only quiet to you and other players. Zeds come running from Miles around to get some brains. If quiet is the way to go in the future this should be adressed.

I'm pretty sure this is known already but I noticed today that firing a supressed weapon is only quiet to you and other players. Zeds come running from Miles around to get some brains. If quiet is the way to go in the future this should be adressed.

Yeah, it's definitely planned to add this. In exp build it explicitly states that silencers do nothing for zeds but this will change in future iterations.

Edited by Ebrim

Server being plagued with server crashes at the moment. I know it's an issue with 0.54, but it's only reared its ugly head recently.

I was going downhill from pavlovo base to kamenka, thru the forsest. Not sure about the exact number, but it was downhill so it must've been over 70kmph with my v3s when my truck would teleport thru every object in my way. That includes trees, those non wooden fences and even a shed. 

Has anyone located the Modular Pouch and Holster for the Plate Carrier?  I've gone on about 8 full military loot cycles and haven't found them.  The plate carriers themselves seem common enough, but I'm not convinced the attachments are spawning correctly.  If you HAVE found them, can you remember where you found them?? I'm at a loss.

I am happy with this release. The only thing i mentioned negatively is the feeling that scopes are super rare now. Even the PUs.

I haven't found one for many play hours on different servers and locations while i found 2 smersh backpacks and a smersh vest, a Steyr AUG, dozens of different AKs, every ammunition, mags, some trucks and so on. What i'd like to say: I found MUCH, but NO single scope in this release. Shouldn't be normal this way.

Has anyone located the Modular Pouch and Holster for the Plate Carrier?  I've gone on about 8 full military loot cycles and haven't found them.  The plate carriers themselves seem common enough, but I'm not convinced the attachments are spawning correctly.  If you HAVE found them, can you remember where you found them?? I'm at a loss.

Attachments for the plate carrier only spawn on Experimental servers for the time being. I won't pick the plate carrier up, until they are confirmed for stable branch. The thing looks cool though. 

• Like 1

Any one read if any updates to the Antihack system are coming with the next patch?

Any one read if any updates to the Antihack system are coming with the next patch?

i hope so.. since last weekend i'm seeing a lot of hacks again. carpet bombing, invisible guys bashing your head in, magically dropping/equipping gear out of nowhere.. it's all back 

• Like 2

Does Wednesday's server maintenance also happen when there are no new updates? 0.55 isn't ready yet, but the servers are down as usually on early Wednesday.

EDIT>> Also wondering if I keep my tents, or if they will also be wiped with maintenance.

The tents are actually still there, so as long as no version change comes, they are safe.

Edited by S3V3N

i hope so.. since last weekend i'm seeing a lot of hacks again. carpet bombing, invisible guys bashing your head in, magically dropping/equipping gear out of nowhere.. it's all back 

Me too. We just reported one via the feedback tracker since we got good video evidence. I will say the Dev's have really been stepping up the anti-cheat in the last few updates so make sure if you witness somebody using a hack, report it to the feedback tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

• Like 1

Are hackers only BE's problem or Dayz devs do some work for that as well?

Some of the hacks take advantage of vulnerabilities in he game engine. As these vulnerabilities are revealed, the devs are patching them.

I've noticed something lately that hasn't happened to me before this patch. Sometimes when i spawn, items that I had in my backpack are now on the ground in front of me and other items in the pack are rearranged. Its usually only large items like guns, containers and similar.

Also, wouldn't it be possible to get rid of that "unknown entity" crap. If a player respawns or leaves, why not call the corpse" corpse of Killawife" or "deceased Killawife" instead? It would be helpful to know whose corpse you've found.

I think it's a bit ridiculous that a shovel goes from Pristine to Badly Damaged after digging 20 garden plots. It's a shovel, it's meant to dig. Also fish fillets still don't cook.

• Like 1

If a player respawns or leaves, why not call the corpse "corpse of Killawife" or "deceased Killawife" instead? It would be helpful to know whose corpse you've found.

Yeah, but, to be fair, how do you KNOW it's his corpse? Does he have dog tags on him? Some form of ID? Did you take a DNA sample and cross-matched it to missing person records? :D

It wouldn't be very immersive to know someone's name just by looking at their rotting corpse... or checking their pulse, for that matter.  :P

Edited by Veyda

If I found a corpse I would look at his wallet ofcourse and it would say who it was. In this game there ar eno rotting corpses, anyone you find has been dead for ten minutes max.

Now, this is a game and its main point is to be entertaining. I think it would add to the entertainment value if some more information was given to the players, not only about whos corpse you've found but also who killed who, if something important is happening somewhere, like heli crashes, aprty on prison island or similar and also what your numerical values of Health, energy, food, drink, hot, cold, stuffing and other stats that affect you are.

I also would like to see a chat system. Alas, it is not to be.

If I found a corpse I would look at his wallet of course and it would say who it was.

Then there would have to be an in-world object called 'Wallet' that you would have to Inspect to establish the corpse's identity, and that the players would be able to toss or hide at any time as they please.

..Now, this is a game and its main point is to be entertaining..

The way people derive entertainment from games is not the same for everyone.

In the Simulator genre - and I would like to believe that DayZ strives to be a Survival Simulator, not a Survival-themed FPS - 'entertainment' comes from accomplishing things and overcoming adversities in an immersive, realistic environment DESPITE the restrictive complexity, steep learning curve and dying a lot. A game like DayZ (or ARMA, for that matter) is supposed to be challenging and unforgiving, and skills and knowledge gained in a Sim like this should be at least somewhat useful in the real life, unlike, say, the tricks and mechanics-gaming learned in FPSes. If you don't like this approach, maybe the genre is not for you.

I like to quote Dwarf Fortress on that - "Losing is fun!"

..what your numerical values of health, energy, food, drink, hot, cold, stuffing and other stats that affect you are.

No. Just no.

Edited by Veyda

Yeah maybe its not for me, thats why I've spent 1100 hours on it.

Just because something is good doesn't mean that it can't be improved upon.

You are just like everybody else that frowns upon the things that would improve the game saying it wouldn't be realistic that you could see the name of the player that is laying dead in front of you then answer this. How realistic is it that you can go up to a person and check their pulse and automatically know what their name is, without them giving it to you?

How realistic is it that you can go up to a person and check their pulse and automatically know what their name is, without them giving it to you?

It wouldn't be very immersive to know someone's name just by looking at their rotting corpse... _or checking their pulse, for that matter_.  :P

^ I thought I had already addressed that.

Yes, this is also something currently in game I personally don't agree with - and, as with any mechanic I don't agree with, I just don't use it. I prefer to ask a person their name, that's just more immersive, even if it puts me at a slight disadvantage.

Edited by Veyda