SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

It is, but until we get further on into development, issues like this will most likely still occur. If released builds had to be completely free of issues like these, there most likely wouldn't be Stable branch updates on a monthly basis.

Isn't the idea of stable supposed to be that it's buggy but playable though? It sounds as though lots of people are experiencing severe enough issues that the game becomes practically impossible to play (the crashes and MASSIVE FPS drops). If it was relatively few isolated issues then it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm confused as to how a build that's unplayable for a lot of people could be released. IS SOMEONE RUSHING OUR FAVOURITE DEVELOPMENT TEAM!?

Is the bipod working and spawning for the mosin in this update?

Yes they are back.....sadly I could not get it to work on my mosin. Got a bit bent and tossed the bipod in the rubbish pile.

Just played for little over an hour. No crashes or significant drop in FPS, but there is definitely a lot of lag, both client and server side, as well as other issues. Some of the things I've experienced:

-Unable to interact with items in certain places. I was in the little industry zone north of Novo, with all the trucks. Found Smersh backpack, UK assault vest and UN helmet lying around the trucks, but I failed to pick up any of them. Also found someone's ruined cargo pants with ruined ammo piles, but I could not pick them up or sort through the rounds.

-Major lag. I ran into another bambi, we tried to engage in some fisticuffs, but the both of us were warping all over the place. Lots of desync, I was getting punched when the guy was 10 feet away from me, and I KOd him from at least 6-7 feet away.

-No zeds? I visited Novo, Chernaya Polana and Svetlojarsk, not a zombie in sight. They could have all been killed, but even in areas where there obviously had been no survivors for some time, I couldn't find a single one.

Isn't the idea of stable supposed to be that it's buggy but playable though? It sounds as though lots of people are experiencing severe enough issues that the game becomes practically impossible to play (the crashes and MASSIVE FPS drops). If it was relatively few isolated issues then it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm confused as to how a build that's unplayable for a lot of people could be released. IS SOMEONE RUSHING OUR FAVOURITE DEVELOPMENT TEAM!?

Absolutely true, but this does happen during development. Sometimes issues like these do not get discovered within the internal testing environment/testing on Experimental branch for example and get "caught" once they reach Stable branch even. As with other bugs/issues; the team is aware of the problems, they're pulling data in order to gauge the scope of these problems and they will act accordingly.

• Like 5

was the new UI not implemented?

oh and how can you tell the FPS you get??

sorry if silly questions lol

Edited by steve007

found bipod at the bmp wreck. I hear no difference when shooting akm with suppressor or without it. To be precise, the first shot i ever made was a complete silent *click*. All shots after sounded normal. Even after I made two other silencers. None of them suppressed the shot.

- You can craft bone arrow out of pile of bones and improvised arrow.

Does it give any bonus stats compared to improvised arrow?

Edited by halp

I played for good 3 hours today. Some issues I noticed are:

- memory error 2x
- freeze at the loading screen of DayZ 1x
- lags/rubberbanding/etc...
- massive texture flickering on the "Bone Arrow"

other stuff:

- chickens don't drop feathers anymore
- new chicken Ai is too "afraid"; the chicken knows that you follow them, whether or not you sneak or run (80m) behind them. It's impossible to hit one with the bow, you can't get close enough
- I've only seen one zed in this session - in the middle of the woods
- no (massive) framedrops for me

Pics: Bone Arrow and Bone Hook

vfyvaxuw.jpg

tp8hd69q.jpg

- You can drive v3s while knocked out.

I love everything about this^

i7 3770k, 16gb, evga 780ti SC, 2x ssd, sound blaster,

I got 10 frames per sec loading today.

It went from 65 after messing with the video settings. I thought I had it fixed, then in a small town after 1.30minutes it went to 7 frames.

21jzsis.jpg

It wont let me play now, ill drop all settings to the lowest and figure out how to play again.

Sucks having an 800 dollar video card and it gets 7 fps. serious.....

• Like 1

- new chicken Ai is too "afraid"; the chicken knows that you follow them, whether or not you sneak or run (80m) behind them. It's impossible to hit one with the bow, you can't get close enough

Hm, i was able to punch the chicken a few times before it teleported some 20m away and let me repeat. The boar however spotted me instantly at around 200 & ran off.

I've only seen one zed in this session - in the middle of the woods

Ive met quite a few in the woods. i was rather confused at first but then i saw a couple of them chasing the chickens.

- New animals.

:o ?

i7 3770k, 16gb, evga 780ti SC, 2x ssd, sound blaster,

I got 10 frames per sec loading today.

It went from 65 after messing with the video settings. I thought I had it fixed, then in a small town after 1.30minutes it went to 7 frames.

21jzsis.jpg

It wont let me play now, ill drop all settings to the lowest and figure out how to play again.

Sucks having an 800 dollar video card and it gets 7 fps. serious.....

As mentioned a number of times in this thread already: remove your startup command options.

• Like 1

Yes, in the end I killed the chicken with the sledgehammer. But I meant if you spot the chicken from 150m, try to sneak 30m behind it (I mean crouched, hiding behind bushes etc...) and take it out with the bow. That doesn't work, because (I think) it hears you over a great distance. But I believe this will be balanced in the future.

:o ?

Good question...

You ask about the about the states of the new arrows. I can't say something about it - haven't seen a living target to try it out, but I believe I noticed that the arrow-(bullet)-drop were less compared to the improvised arrows. I'll give you an update if I could test it more intensive.

-cpuCount=4 -maxMem=16384 -skipintro -nosplash -nosplash -noPause

I did and it worked better, however....

That being said, the drop from 60+ to 34 is way to extreme, for high end cards. Also when exiting going from 185fps to 5fps when it flips to your character isn't so important but I thought you should know. (I will mess with the settings now that seems to be working)

Ya I didn't see your message and went ahead and removed that and it started to work a tad better. I wouldn't say perfect. It drops a fair bit for higher end cards.

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

- Weapon degradation.
- Suppressor degradation.

Why? Stupid worrisome mechanics that no one wanted.

lol at this kid...

So can anyone tell me how the loot is ? still over the top and spawning mile upon miles high ??

• Like 1

lol at this kid...

So can anyone tell me how the loot is ? still over the top and spawning mile upon miles high ??

Seemed fairly and evenly spread to me, on a private server with persistence enabled. No lootsplosions or bone-dry areas. 

• Like 2

I've been all over up north, not a single geek or animal. Can anyone confirm that AI is spawning?

As always, we will be watching server data, and the feedback tracker for any potential severe issues and will address them accordingly with a hot fix. For any bugs/issues you run into, please let us know by filing it on the feedback tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com

- You can craft bone arrow out of pile of bones and improvised arrow.

Great patch, it keeps getting better and better but i have 1 question - suggestion for improvised arrow. 

Have you thought of adding a top of x acto knife as a arrow part? it has more weight then bone therefor it should apply more damage.

xacto01.jpg

I've been all over up north, not a single geek or animal. Can anyone confirm that AI is spawning?

I've never encountered animals up/zombies up north myself. Not sure if there are any spawns there.

This seems like a trivial question to ask, given all the performance issues people are having, but I'll ask anyway:

Has anyone found any of the pouches for the plate carrier on stable yet? I've found several plate carriers, but no pouches. I've been running around all over the place looking for them. I ran across several of the pouches on experimental yesterday, but not a single one today. Haven't found the holster for the plate carrier either, but I only saw one of those on experimental yesterday, so I think it's pretty rare (saw it on the WOBO guide as well).

Possibly related, I have seen a ton of chest holsters spawning in military spawns today. I wonder if something happened with the item ids with the version pushed to stable. Just a thought.

For what it's worth, I haven't noticed any framerate issues. I'm running with no startup parameters. This patch does seem to crash more often than .53.

It's going to get restored. Also It's just gear. But you don't feel sorry when you lose something important for you?

yes sir, when my cat died, i was sad, when my grandfather died i was sad. 

and also, the post you made made me a bit sad. "my gun looks like somebody with downs", that is terribly offensive.

But, to make this on topic: the devs are perfectly aware of the problem at hand. There is a system in place to report bugs and also, there are plenty of ways to express your frustration regarding the loss of equipment in game other than insulting an entire group of people. 

My tip, as simple as it gets, 

Forum: a friendly PSA

Bugtracker: report the bug

Keep it to yourself: insulting people.

have a nice evening.

• Like 2

Seemed fairly and evenly spread to me, on a private server with persistence enabled. No lootsplosions or bone-dry areas. 

Thanx for the update.. think i will still give it a rest after reading about all this FPS drop.. something to do with loot economy maybe ??

So.. the game bugs out after a while.. seems like a memory leak. 

This week I've had hours of effort wiped through countless bugs (and thats all that kills me.. not players).. and so having been gearing up (YET AGAIN), getting attacked by zombie, game crashes.. load back in All progress gone (AGAIN).

I'm really discouraged.. Might have to give it a break for a while, not much point in playing when its like this :(

Edited by Cozzy
  • Like 2

How do the bipods work? I tried to attach them to the mosin, and the ak101 tried to lay down and put it on, didn't seem to attach but red.

Is there something special about them?

Ohhhh ya they are spawning ... I can confirm they exist by the dozens in the northwest airield , severograd , grishino , and plenty of other new cities between severograd and novodmitrovsk ...

Sometimes you won't see Zeds or animals up north though as people love to make loot routes and farm the crap out of the area. But on another note can anyone confirm baby (or very young) animals being in game ? I could have sworn I saw a mother deer and two younger, smaller looking deer ... Mommy got stuck on a fence so I got wrapped up in killing her but I really believe that there was some young guns that got away :) !

I'm suffering from the same crashes and memory leak issues many of you are having. It doesn't make the game *unplayable* but it does get on your nerves after awhile. The unfortunate part is that if I am in a vehicle when said crashes occur, my character gets killed and the body is dumped from the vehicle  :| The first time this happened my friends were able to help me get my gear back, but the second time I was by myself and had to start over from scratch. Not a big deal, I'll just avoid vehicles for the time being. Except...

I also can't seem to get healthy. I can, but it's a ton of effort. One can of food, or three drinks of water (meaning three sips from a pond or water pump), puts me at orange stuffed from empty. Yes, you read correctly: orange stuffed. The only way for me to get my levels high enough is to power through it: spam drink and eat super nutritional foods (i.e. rice) between vomits. The small net gain each time eventually adds up and allows me to reach appropriate levels, but it takes forever and consumes a ton of resources. I don't think this is intentional because...

You want to know the weirdest part? I was playing in the same room with two of my friends this evening and neither of them experienced any of these issues. :| I didn't have any of these issues on Experimental either. It just doesn't make any sense, especially the stomach capacity issue I'm having. I guess we all have to have bad luck from time to time. Oh well...

I did manage to snag some pictures of the updates to Bor this evening:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/221189-map-changes-in-054126628/?p=2223607

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1