SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

Some towns have more zombies than other. Once I killed 15 in Rogovo (in .52)

I am myself a zombie hunter and I usually kill a lot. Tell me the time interval when you killed 15 zombies. I am sure that some of them were just respawned zombies. I don't believe that 15 zombies are living at once in the same village.

Edited by lucianpin

In the past when I found an AKM and I had 5 x 75 rnd mag from Balota, imagine what it means spending all the ammuniton on zombies shoot by shoot, not auto, not burst. One bullet for one zombie. In all my 500 hours I have deliberately killed hundreds of zombies and always observed the zombie respawn mechanic.

I am myself a zombie hunter and I usually kill a lot. Tell me the time interval when you killed 15 zombies. I am sure that some of them were just respawned zombies. I don't believe that 15 zombies are living at once in the same village.

I dont know, what time is needed to loot 10 or so houses in Rogovo - less than 10 minutes. I guess they respawned. Also Sosnovka is good place for killing zeds. Even zeds from Zelenogorsk rush there when you start shooting. 

Some of my best dayz experiences were when zombie respawning was first in game. Four of us fired almost all of our ammo and had to escape Novy Sobor. They just kept coming from all directions.

I miss that.

• Like 1

I dont know, what time is needed to loot 10 or so houses in Rogovo - less than 10 minutes. I guess they respawned. Also Sosnovka is good place for killing zeds. Even zeds from Zelenogorsk rush there when you start shooting. 

Some of my best dayz experiences were when zombie respawning was first in game. Four of us fired almost all of our ammo and had to escape Novy Sobor. They just kept coming from all directions.

I miss that.

I like that too, but I didn't like when they were running through the walls, now is much better.

desync is running rampart lately, might even be more so now.

Anyway to make this less of an issue on high end pc's?

It isn't just me, i've been watching the players lists on random servers, its bad.

Anyway to make this less of an issue on high end pc's?

Not your PC that is an issue when it comes to Desync.

Had two incidents with the trucks last night.  Nearly flipped over after taking a corner at middle speed...  couldn't see what caused it but the vehicle righted itself after some quick silent prayers  ;)

Also was moving slowly uphill on the road closest east to the NEAF -- somewhere about where it crosses 126 029 and came to a sudden dead stop that jolted the vehicle...  apparently some kind of invisible barrier.  I backed up and went around.  Fortunately I was going slowly, but then speed was removed as a factor since going uphill without any momentum is currently slower than a guy crawling with broken legs.   :rolleyes: Really wish that would get looked at some day.

I made a post in general discussion about this, but the mod for some reason refused to acknowledge it....

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/219429-how-to-drive-uphill-in-truck/

Not your PC that is an issue when it comes to Desync.

Ah was hoping it was me, and fix the video down or something little.

I have a meanass pc, so id hate to just swap out parts to fix it. If there is something minor I could to reduce some of it yes. At first I thought it was Netflix on the network, but I have never had 1 disconnect to date.

Just this random desync, and when it wants 30k at times then to 0

but that's the hardware guy in me, always fix something.....

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Just this random desync, and when it wants 30k at times then to 0

It's not random, it mostly happens when the server has too much to handle. This can be caused by numerous reasons. But it's one of the Alpha-Things you can't influence as a player.

It's not random, it mostly happens when the server has too much to handle. This can be caused by numerous reasons. But it's one of the Alpha-Things you can't influence as a player.

At first I thought it was the load, but people have been experiencing it still on 1-4 players ( friends only) on different servers. .51 to .53 for us, sometimes more so on .53

So it has to be somewhere else. Even could be mixed with the database or graphics. But I am not going to guess, which is exactly what I don't like to do.

So we played last night and had a lot of fun.  We had a group of 6-7 and we found multiple trucks.  We always had trucks but it seems trucks are more glitchy now than ever.  We had two trucks go completely underground (one of which I will post a video to the bug section) and both died.  Secondly we had multiple people die just getting out of the truck.  Apparently now when you get hit by a truck you die but it only takes a slight bump to kill you so when two people are near a truck at the same time one can die.

Later after I ran back to the group I wasn't hit by the truck but he turned into me so the back part clipped me and I still died.  I'm not sure if I recorded that part but I will check when I get home from work.

Also trucks can be driven to and from the prison underwater so hopefully that will be fixed.

I have question... noone is surprised that this guy:

FIRMSneakydude

Has full gear including ghillie, granades, 12 high cap vests while QQing about disappering gear few hours after hive wipe?

Anyone see a Loot explosion in servers with Persistence ON in 0.53? I didn't see it, and i'm curious about it. Any one?

I play in a server with persistence OFF due this. I read that some server dont have Persistence working properly but loot explosion is in?

Edited by Polini

SteamDB just got updated on the productionprep depot. Hmm. Possibly updating Stable from 126384 to 126398 (from Experimental)?

So, just got on 0.53 for the first time since the initial EXP patch was released. Didn't try recording in the experimental, so can't say whether this was an issue then.

However, I am unable to get Mirillis Action to recognize DayZ and therefore now unable to record with Mirillis Action. I hopped on to OBS and realized that that wasn't working either (with game capture) and quickly realized that the issue is anti-cheat compatibility (turning it on allowed OBS to capture DayZ). So, I assume that BattleEye is preventing the use of any game capture programs?

I have no issues with Shadowplay and BEC turned on.

Well at least we finally get a bit of scripter relief, I mean damn look at this:

NBp0hkX.png

You know your game has a cheating problem when even the cheaters are hoping the anti-cheat gets improved.

I like that too, but I didn't like when they were running through the walls, now is much better.

But they are running through walls.  Walls, floors, stairs, etc..

I'm curious about everyone's experience with finding loot after the patch.  Seems like guns, ammo, etc, has become way more scarce.  It's almost like the loot disbursement that I found playing on persistent servers.  Has that been balanced out?  Also, does anyone know if persistence servers will still wipe stored gear every Wednesday after the patch.

I'm curious about everyone's experience with finding loot after the patch.  Seems like guns, ammo, etc, has become way more scarce.  It's almost like the loot disbursement that I found playing on persistent servers.  Has that been balanced out?  Also, does anyone know if persistence servers will still wipe stored gear every Wednesday after the patch.

The wipe will happen every Wednesday forever, probably.

As for loot, I actually found a lot of guns but they did fuck with the loot table a bit, I guess they really wanted to show off their new melee weapons that can't be placed on your back because I swear I have found 500 brooms/ice picks. One thing I noticed was a lack of backpacks in the cities, took me forever to find a single backpack on an empty private hive server in cherno.

I'm finding less loot now than I was on 0.53 Experimental (which is WEIRD), but not an alarmingly low amount or anything. Could just be the servers I've chosen to play on. I am seeing a difference in the distribution of different types of loot though, in that if I want something specific that is "common" (i.e. box of matches), I have to look a little harder for it.

The wipe will happen every Wednesday forever, probably.

As for loot, I actually found a lot of guns but they did fuck with the loot table a bit, I guess they really wanted to show off their new melee weapons that can't be placed on your back because I swear I have found 500 brooms/ice picks. One thing I noticed was a lack of backpacks in the cities, took me forever to find a single backpack on an empty private hive server in cherno.

If it wipes forever, what the hell is the point of persistence in the first place?

As for loot, I'm seeing the same thing.  Ironically, once I found a backpack after an hour of hunting, then I started finding them everywhere...

I've encountered the item in hand disappearing. It happens every time for me. If I have an item in hand, and then start an action (ie - eating, drinking, drag and drop other weapon from inventory), the item doesn't drop to the ground. It just disappears.

Spent forever looking for a sporter 30 clip, finally found one, added green spray paint and a ghillie cover. I went to the inventory to switch to my sks, so I could drag and drop replace the sporter as my primary and pick up the sks in hand. I forgot about the mostly minor until this point item issue, and lost it all.

Remember to toss (default G key) any items in hand before performing any actions.

Edited by E.J.