SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Public Hive does not appear to save character.   Bit of a bummer.

EDIT: i probably should have read the previous page! :)

Edited by MadTommy

Staring at the "please wait" message watching Battle Eye kicking every other player joining the server was interesting to watch.  Multiple global bans, hundreds of .pbo files showing as having the wrong signature.  Took 10 minutes to finally log into the game world, no loot, doors may or may not open, about 15 seconds of lag to open a door, more or less. 

Keep up the good work devs you've conquered these cowardly ddos-ers before and you can do it again ! It's probably smedlys team lol , am I joking ? I dunno :) ... But seriously probably just some cowardly hackers that can't dupe as easy or something and are mad :0 !

There is no private hives yet, those are private shards. The difference is that private shards rent a part of DayZ hive, while an actual private hive is a different hive.

Either way - character loaded up just fine before they took the servers down.

Guys, Is the ping limit a global thing now? every server i go, they kick me for latency being high and i don't have a server lower than 150 :(

I think so because I get the same problem. The thing is...I live in Chile, far away from all servers and lowest ping I get (with a good internet connection) is 150-190, which has allowed me to play just fine since the beggining of this game, but apparently servers think not

At least you guys can join a server, every server i join, public or not, persistence or not "Session Lost" immediately, both the box on the screen and the text box on the lower left corner, 

At least you guys can join a server, every server i join, public or not, persistence or not "Session Lost" immediately, both the box on the screen and the text box on the lower left corner, 

I'm going to go ahead and keep this image at the ready this afternoon:

Picard_facepalm.jpg

• Like 1

Keep up the good work devs you've conquered these cowardly ddos-ers before and you can do it again ! It's probably smedlys team lol , am I joking ? I dunno :) ... But seriously probably just some cowardly hackers that can't dupe as easy or something and are mad :0 !

LOL, Smed couldn't find his ass unless the North Koreans showed him where they put it.  He is a contemptible SoB, that's for sure but this isn't ruining SWG so I think it is way out of his depth. 

LOL, Smed couldn't find his ass unless the North Koreans showed him where they put it. He is a contemptible SoB, that's for sure but this isn't ruining SWG so I think it is way out of his depth.

Nail on the head my friend lol ... So many people Trynta hate on dayz and ddos it makes me sad :( .. Here's to hoping it's up when I get outta hard labor :) !

• Like 1

So what can you exactly do with guts? Someone told that it is used for fishing?

I'm going to go ahead and keep this image at the ready this afternoon:

Picard_facepalm.jpg

Thanks for letting me know that i looked like an idiot for not reading the two previous pages, noticed the service isn't working, would explain alot.

• Like 1

So what can you exactly do with guts? Someone told that it is used for fishing?

Anywhere you would use rope, you can use guts instead. Fishing rods and bows are the two best (or only?) examples.

Thanks for letting me know that i looked like an idiot for not reading the two previous pages, noticed the service isn't working, would explain alot.

Haha, sorry. I was just poking fun :)

Oh well, good luck on the DDOS, I think I shall go finish Christmas shopping, maybe go see Five Armies (probably not, I am displeased with this particular series of films) or Fury.  Maybe things will be fixed when I get back.

Did anyone mention that duct tape and sticks can make a splint now?  I just noticed this a couple days ago and didn't know if that ever got mentioned...  I don't remember seeing it in a changelog.

Edited by Barnabus

Did anyone mention that duct tape and sticks can make a splint now?  I just noticed this a couple days ago and didn't know if that ever got mentioned...  I don't remember seeing it in a changelog.

I want to say that got added in 0.51. I could be wrong about that, though.

I want to say that got added in 0.51. I could be wrong about that, though.

nope your right. it was added in 0.51

Anyone know how to make a torch? I wanna know how to set people on fire.

I believe torches were included in the game files, but are not yet craftable or accessible. Same goes for candles (which I'm highly anticipating for immersion reasons, as silly as that sounds).

FWIW, the change log for .52 list "Torch Crafting" under Game Mechanics as being added.  I have not attempted to do so however.

Edited by Super_Duty

Nothing yet... just Eugen and Hicks original twitter comments from earlier in the Dev Tracker.

anymore news on the server issues?

Guys, Is the ping limit a global thing now? every server i go, they kick me for latency being high and i don't have a server lower than 150 :(

I think so because I get the same problem. The thing is...I live in Chile, far away from all servers and lowest ping I get (with a good internet connection) is 150-190, which has allowed me to play just fine since the beggining of this game, but apparently servers think not

• Like 1

I was playing 0.52 Experimental last night on the AU/NZ server at 280ms so unless something changed in the last 12 hours I would say you shouldn't be having a problem at 180ms.  My guess is that this setting is configurable on the private servers however, though I did not try any of them with a high ping.

• Like 1

I thought when 0.52 went to stable there would be a global wipe, with a new "anti-duping" system (item ID tags) and new anti-cheat. But only after the holidays at the beginning of 2015....

:huh:

Was there a global wipe? Duping is really gone??

Would love to have real answers.