SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Hi!

Never get attached to your gear.

The hive is going to be wiped MANY times more again before this game is complete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More on topic:

Playing a lot less of these last couple patches in general.

Following forums in hopes that the renderer and zombie changes start to hit soonish.

I will likely jump back in with both feet when that happens.

Much Chernarussian. Very patience.

i have played this game for almost 800 hours and still don't get that saying "don't get attached to your gear"  of course i am going to get attached to it, not going to spend hours of time and just chuck my stuff into the ocean lol, yeah wipes happen but that doesn't mean you shouldn't care about your gear in the mean time.

i have played this game for almost 800 hours and still don't get that saying "don't get attached to your gear"  of course i am going to get attached to it, not going to spend hours of time and just chuck my stuff into the ocean lol, yeah wipes happen but that doesn't mean you shouldn't care about your gear in the mean time.

I agree, which makes me think that phrase isn't meant for people that understand and can cope.  It's for the butt-hurt rage monkeys.

I agree, which makes me think that phrase isn't meant for people that understand and can cope.  It's for the butt-hurt rage monkeys.

yeah, I think it's about those who fume and rage, which is what I wasn't going for, just joking there. ;) I try not to get attached to my gear, but don't expect me not to use my favourite words when I lose a STANAG mag because I wanted to reload it while standing on a garden plot. But of course I'll lose my gear a bazillion times to wipes, glitches and deaths. What I do get attached to, though, are some of my characters, especially those who've been through a lot. Well, RIP, so many of you.

• Like 1

My point is that you should always keep the next wipe in the back of your mind so in the event you lose your character to something you deem rage worthy, you'll at least be mentally prepared for the sting.

I've lost more save data since 1984 than I care to think about and I see every DayZ death as an opportunity to start a new "story" and once again enjoy the loot hunt experience anew.

yeah, I think it's about those who fume and rage, which is what I wasn't going for, just joking there. ;) I try not to get attached to my gear, but don't expect me not to use my favourite words when I lose a STANAG mag because I wanted to reload it while standing on a garden plot. But of course I'll lose my gear a bazillion times to wipes, glitches and deaths. What I do get attached to, though, are some of my characters, especially those who've been through a lot. Well, RIP, so many of you.

Or when I finally get an M4 off a pers:off server, then find a Truck, and after hitting a hill or something, I land about 10 feet under the street, with no way out but death.  I'm still sobbing about that.  And I definitely agree on characters.  I knew his blood type, he had a favorite knife, just hours upon hours of backwoods survival.  Now nothing.  

Hi there guys,

Can someone help me please? I can't find any stalble server. I try stable version and expiremental and no stable server. Something wrong?

Hi there guys,

Can someone help me please? I can't find any stalble server. I try stable version and expiremental and no stable server. Something wrong?

Servers are down for maintenance (extended today) due to 0.53 being rolled out to Stable.