SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

I was playing 0.52 Experimental last night on the AU/NZ server at 280ms so unless something changed in the last 12 hours I would say you shouldn't be having a problem at 180ms.  My guess is that this setting is configurable on the private servers however, though I did not try any of them with a high ping.

first of all, i can say it's not global, i managed to play in some servers.

second is, this is not for just private servers, i got same issue playing at official servers too.

third, i don't know the cause of ping limits but come on the game is playable with even a 250ms so why limit it to lower than 130 ? (although if that is bad for server perf or smth, i totally get it)  

I thought when 0.52 went to stable there would be a global wipe, with a new "anti-duping" system (item ID tags) and new anti-cheat. But only after the holidays at the beginning of 2015....

:huh:

Was there a global wipe? Duping is really gone??

Would love to have real answers.

no wipe for now, you will get your old char back after servers are able to connect to Hive (main server which public database exist on it) although persistent items got wiped so goodbye to old tents and bugged servers. no anti-duping system i think, but there was some security fixes. 

Edited by VahidkinG

Are the servers fixed? Every server I enter I'm a fresh spawn.

please man......just read...use your brain...

• Like 2

I thought when 0.52 went to stable there would be a global wipe, with a new "anti-duping" system (item ID tags) and new anti-cheat. But only after the holidays at the beginning of 2015....

:huh:

Was there a global wipe? Duping is really gone??

Would love to have real answers.

I dunno, according to this status report the wipe wont happen until the new year begins, although it also mentions that item duplication is one of the focuses for 0.52.

"In addition, as work on the central economy continues - there have been extensive cases on public hive servers with users abusing bugs to duplicate items. In order to combat this, we'll be taking a two point initiative at the beginning of 2015. Firstly, at the start of the year we will look at performing a wipe of the hive. Next, we will work with our game server provider partners to deploy a system for server operators that continues to allow them access to restarting their servers in the event of unforseen issues, but logs and tracks abusers of this option.

Primary bug-fix focus for 0.52 is on the following issues:

• Item duplication"
Edited by solodude23

Are the servers fixed? Every server I enter I'm a fresh spawn.

Somehow you missed all the flashing lights.

Guys just wondering, is CLE (stand for Central Loot Economy) enabled in this stable build or do they use old systeme? because i can't see it in Change Log and it's a pretty big deal i guess.

I'm actually playing at the moment. Logged in random servers and I spawned where I logged out, also my gear was there. Could be random though, don't risk logging in yet. Also, lag is horrible at times, I click to pick up or interact with an item and it takes ages, same goes for joining a server. I know I should wait but it's almost midnight here and I won't have a chance to play until tomorrow evening so... I can live with that :P

Is it safe to log in yet? somebody mentioned you would loose all your gear if you tried to early?

P.s, suicide??

Not Safe at all. if you are log in when server connect to central hive, then your old char will be overwritten. 

-----

well a bravo to DDosers, they did good, it's hard to buy some bot and DDos a server :|

on a serious note this whole situation just makes me proud of my choice of buying dayz, because this game is so good that  DDoser's put lots of afford (or Effort can't say the right word) for ruining it .

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 1

I can't find any info anywhere on this.. but are Heli crashes still invisible on persistent servers?

I don't think anyone could possibly answer that question at this exact moment.

Just got off the game. It's still down and I didn't want to take any chances losing my char. Although it spawned me in the middle of balota. I never get that lucky!

No biggie.... was just really excited. haha.

Edited by BMAF

DDoss Attack

You can log in to a server but the connection to the Hive is not guaranteed, this results in doors not opening, unable to jump over fences, pick up items and so on.

Reaction time depends on the intensity of the attack at the time of request (eat banana for example).

Your data is at risk so established character loss is elevated.

The more people that connect will also increase the load on the Hive, so I would recommend not trying to connect just to see if you can.

Thank you for bearing with us.

• Like 4

does anyone know what atu

DDoss Attack

You can log in to a server but the connection to the Hive is not guaranteed, this results in doors not opening, unable to jump over fences, pick up items and so on.

Reaction time depends on the intensity of the attack at the time of request (eat banana for example).

Your data is at risk so established character loss is elevated.

The more people that connect will also increase the load on the Hive, so I would recommend not trying to connect just to see if you can.

Thank you for bearing with us.

Does anyone know what actually happened?

Have helicopter crashes on persistence been fixed yet? I still want my AUG and there are barely any non-persistent servers to join and even if there is one you can't point them out...helicopter crashes being invisible on persistence is a real pain in the ass

Edit: sorry I missed "Nucleosis" asking this question as well, leaving this up anyways...

Edited by xorrozz

damn, DDOS all over the world right now. Look how many attacks are targeting the Pacific North West which is where Steam's headquarters is. This sucks man. Its not just DayZ 

http://map.ipviking.com/ 

A lot going to St. Louis, MO as well. What's there that's significant to a DDOS attack, does anyone know?

no wipe for now, you will get your old char back after servers are able to connect to Hive (main server which public database exist on it) although persistent items got wiped so goodbye to old tents and bugged servers. no anti-duping system i think, but there was some security fixes. 

That's what I thought too, and can confirm I still had my characters. (I had some items to take screens and videos of, I can't wait for the wipe! B)  )

Thank you for clarifying this!! :thumbsup:

A lot going to St. Louis, MO as well. What's there that's significant to a DDOS attack, does anyone know?

I believe it is an internet kind of Hub.  Lois Learner is trying to delete her IRS emails.

• Like 2

Ferguson, MO is real close to St. Louis.  Just a guess though.....