SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Grass wrap doesn't work on Mosin anymore? I had one pre .52 and when I spawned it was cloned 2 times on the gun and at 90* angle. I can't put it back on either.

They removed them and instead introduced the camo-netting for weapons (1 netting; 2 burlap strips)

• Like 1

There are some problems with public servers, they shut down and dont come back for 2 or 3 hours every time. Another attack ?

Tents on private persistance servers are working now ? are Heli chrash sites spawning (with model visible) while persistance is ON ?

Crash sites spawn fine, don't know about tents though.

There are some problems with public servers, they shut down and dont come back for 2 or 3 hours every time. Another attack ?

My server is having issues with it freezing up. We're having to restart manually when the server gets like this. Its nearly always when we're at capacity which is 40 players. I don't think its related to an attack.

Our GSP provided this feed back in a ticket today: 

This is a bug of the game itself that we will report to Bohemia Interactive so that they can fix it on the next patch.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us.

-----------------------------------

Marcos @ Fragnet

Fragnet Networks AB - Game Hosting Solutions

Web: http://www.fragnet.net

• Like 1

One weird bug I noticed that you can get really easily soaked, if you go near a pond. I went to fill up my canteen, only things what were touching water, were my Wellies, and yet I got completely soaked, as if I went to take a swim with clothes on.

None of the cloathing items showed that they were wet, eventhough it said "Soaked" under the status, and was spamming "I am completely soaked", "I am rapidly cooling off" in the chat. I was still able to wring the items out, though that had no effect on being soaked. 

I fixed it by making a fire and sitting next to it for 10 - 20min.

• Like 1

Even in full military gear running around you don't heat up (I stayed at 35.7 for hours) but go near a water source then you rapidly cool off and get the shakes. Also fanfic are you sure helis spawn fine on persistent servers? Where did you hear that, great news though :)

Eugen Harton @eugenharton Follow

2015, Where Z is coming back to DayZ.*snip*

^^^I'm so looking forward to MOAR zombies with better AI/pathing!

It could have been some weird luck somehow but recently in my last 6+ hours of playing I've only come across 1 town that had zombies.

• Like 2

4d2487225bf2130d8fb6ea510106f787fd9fd456

Took some time, but was fun to do. Tuesday 22.00 - 100% clearance sale!

Made a couple "ready to go" bags for my friends and some random additional shiet.

Imma go find me some .22 guns next :]

Started to like this game again on this 0.52 update, keep it up 'guyses'

13639498.jpg?dc8827fb8174a2a5b483481f23b

• Like 2

Made a couple "ready to go" bags for my friends and some random additional shiet.

I would sit in a corner crying for several months when I had those tents and supplies and it gets wiped/ glitches away. That's why I don't do it :D (yet)

13639498.jpg?dc8827fb8174a2a5b483481f23b

So thats why there is only spawning rubbish in persistent servers. 

Edited by Blaskapelle
  • Like 2

Today all tents were gone (1 from other server and 2 from other). Odd thing was that 1 tent lost all its content and others had dropped them on the ground. All but one backpack had kept their content.

E: oh and found this new (to me) gadget - can now measure the distance. Would be great aid for a sniper-bandit. Dunno if I should try the dark side and spot for someone some time

^(¤.¤)^

Edited by LeN-e

What I saw in game bugs after 0.52 last patch :

1) Again invisible zombies

2) More lags(especially in towns)

3) Strange hand shaking(Because of cold, but without any visual symptoms). How to remove : sit near fireplace an about 1hour in real time.

4) Not fixed zombies "noclip" yet. Time to time u can see this.

5) I saw in 0.51 that I can fill Canteen from Waterbottle , where is this function on 0.52 last?

89ShadowUK , I can skin animals and bodies, we do it some time ago.

With respect, Rexei.

Edited by Rexei
  • Like 1

3) Strange hand shaking(Because of cold, but without any visual symptoms). How to remove : sit near fireplace an about 1hour in real time.

4) Not fixed zombies "noclip" yet. Time to time u can see this.

5) I saw in 0.51 that I can fill Canteen from Waterbottle , where is this function on 0.52 last?

89ShadowUK , I can skin animals and bodies, we do it some time ago.

With respect, Rexei.

+1 thats sums up all the current bugs ive seen. I'm not so sure getting cold and shaking is a bug though. I got killed by a invisible zombie shortly after 0.52 release. Pouring liquids from one container into another is broken.

Wow, I played DayZ yesterday for the first time after a long absence. A friend and I walked around a server and we did not find ANY (ANY!) loot at all, the whole server seemed to be empty.

Then we decided to go to another server and the loot there was fantastic. After 10 minutes we both had a high capacity vest, ak74 and other cool stuff and then we got killed by an invisible zombie. FUCKING INVISIBLE! Damn...

I have been assuming that there will be not be a build pushed to experimental this week, but I haven't heard anything one way, or the other. Does anyone have any insider info?

I have been assuming that there will be not be a build pushed to experimental this week, but I haven't heard anything one way, or the other. Does anyone have any insider info?

Not happening. That's New Years Eve. Would YOU want to be at work on New Years Eve?

I love Experimental, really I do. I would love to have a new 0.53 to toy around with while I'm off work. But just enjoy 0.52 for what it is. Clearly we don't know everything about it yet as I seemingly discovered the beginnings of yet another town this evening.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218082-052-map-change-bonus-round-tisy/

Edited by Tatanko

#1 is the worst one. They're invisible zombies that go through walls and you cannot hit them no matter what. I can't play till the next stable patch since all my zombies are like this.

Not happening. That's New Years Eve. Would YOU want to be at work on New Years Eve?

FML...

Anyway I just wish they fixed heli crashes on persistent servers (1st person at least). Surely it shouldn't take much effort? Maybe on Thursday or Friday.

Edited by Powerhouse

FML...

Anyway I just wish they fixed heli crashes on persistent servers (1st person at least). Surely it shouldn't take much effort? Maybe on Thursday or Friday.

What makes you think it's "not much effort" or something that should be prioritized for fixing by Thurs-Fri?

Someone inside the actual development team decides where manpower should be focused and on what aspect of the game they should be focused on.

The people with the skill set to fix this problem might be wholly wrapped up in another issue or feature you might think is even more important....

Edited by BioHaze

What makes you think it's "not much effort" or something that should be prioritized for fixing by Thurs-Fri?

The fact that it's working on non-persistent servers. Heli crashes themselves are not exactly lootable items so they despawning/not spawning (even though the loot does) shouldn't take long to fix as far as my knowledge goes. Wednesday-Thursday is New Years, so I'm hoping that it could be fixed by Thursday evening or Friday.

+1 thats sums up all the current bugs ive seen. I'm not so sure getting cold and shaking is a bug though. I got killed by a invisible zombie shortly after 0.52 release. Pouring liquids from one container into another is broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFct0Kj0NbU This shaking, and no any status in TAB:)

• Like 1

I had the problem that some items disappear while item management (moving them, using them in the inventory).

First time i tried to light a fire with my matches. I didn't know how to do this so i tried to pull the matches on the fire place. It didn't work (red) so i tried to pull it on a sheet of paper in my backpack and the matches were gone.

Second time i opened several cans of food with the can opener. At the last can when i pulled the opener over the can i choosed "Open Can..." again as always and the can was gone.

Third time i found a compass and when i did some sorting in my backpack i pulled it over a free slot, released the mouse and it was gone.

Of course i searched in my other pockets and the surrounding area. Nowhere the items expose to be there instead.