SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Then you're in the minority and you need to understand that. You also need to understand that nobody owes you any pandering.

I completely understand that and I said nothing about the team having to work during the holidays. Stop making shit up. Thank you.

I completely understand that and I said nothing about the team having to work during the holidays. Stop making shit up. Thank you.

brace-yourselves-theres-a-shitstorm-brew

Happy New Years everyone !!! 2015!!!! HOO

HOO HOO !! Can't wait to see what it brings for my life , and my dayz life :) ! Best of luck to all forum goers in 2015!

• Like 3

Happy New Years everyone !!! 2015!!!! HOO

HOO HOO !! Can't wait to see what it brings for my life , and my dayz life :) ! Best of luck to all forum goers in 2015!

Thanks!

Right back at ya!!!

Wow, I love it up north. Still po'd about the mine/cave thing though. I just did a pretty thorough map recon with iZurvive and figure I've only seen about 65% of the new villes and townlets up that way. Now that I am geared up I have something to do.

Why there are only clothes, makarovs, ammo and cans of food in military tents? Whether on a persistent or non-persistent server. Where are all the weapon attachments like sights, flashlights and butt stocks? Im confused.

Edited by Blaskapelle

I had another issue. I can't chop wood from trees. They never come down. I can chop bushes but i don't get some kindling too after they come down.

Another thing is the loot appearance at the military base near Vyborg in the west for me too. I got on the whole unlooted airfield: 2 pistols, 2 ammo packs and nothing else what is called weapons and their equipment. I don't count a single additional protector case as this. The rest were dozens of military boots, a hand full of backpacks, clothing, some helmets and several useless stuff like barrets what i can find everywhere else too or is simple not worth the way. NO rifles, NO magazines, NO sights, NO weapon parts, NO rifle ammo, NO ammo containers, and a single UK assault vest. For about 10 huge military buildings this is a joke for the risk to enter a big airfield.

Enjoying the patch thus far ,although and i am wondering is it just me?? i seem to be suffering the 2nd story or higher leg smasher very often thus far ( i am still on the same servers i have been on for the last 6 months and i never use to suffer it .) 3 times in a row today i went upstairs and ended up with my legs hurt(not broken) and pants and shoes ruined.

Maybe its just karma getting me though as when i saw many people complaining about it in past patches, i was like what they talking about i havent had that happen, so now its hitting me real hard to make it fair in a Dayz kinda way lol..

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS.

Another thing is the loot appearance at the military base near Vyborg in the west for me too. I got on the whole unlooted airfield: 2 pistols, 2 ammo packs and nothing else what is called weapons and their equipment. I don't count a single additional protector case as this. The rest were dozens of military boots, a hand full of backpacks, clothing, some helmets and several useless stuff like barrets what i can find everywhere else too or is simple not worth the way. NO rifles, NO magazines, NO sights, NO weapon parts, NO rifle ammo, NO ammo containers, and a single UK assault vest. For about 10 huge military buildings this is a joke for the risk to enter a big airfield.

This is usually always the case on public hives what have persistance on, people just server hop constantly and hence no new loot spawns. Also a lot more people move around military loot spawns nowdays and stuff doesn't respawn.

Enjoying the patch thus far ,although and i am wondering is it just me?? i seem to be suffering the 2nd story or higher leg smasher very often thus far ( i am still on the same servers i have been on for the last 6 months and i never use to suffer it .) 3 times in a row today i went upstairs and ended up with my legs hurt(not broken) and pants and shoes ruined.

Not just you, apparently a lot of people have experience that, especially around fire stations. It happened to me 4 times in a row on different servers at north-west airfield. One thing what I have noticed is that lately a lot more people experience these kinds of bugs, compared to the early days of this patch.

Edited by Dafix

It seems that my character can still fail to pick up a stick in the woods. 

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever lost so many guns since this patch came out. 2 Ak74su's just dissapeared from my pack on 2 separate occasions- I log out then log in later, gone. i've also lost an Ak101, 2 or 3 SKS:es, A mosin, 2 repeaters and a shotgun. Some from double carry and others I've laid on the ground for some reasons and they're gone.

Sometimes i can find them in the surrounding area and at one point the weapon appeared in my inventory five minutes later.

Skinning people or animals don't seem to work at all and crafting is a 50/50 experience. Some thing swork fine like fires but making splints rarely works and other items are hit and miss. Often when you fail to craft something the items used becomes inaccesible for more crafting. Its strange.

Also, in 0.51 you could pour water from one bottle into another, that seems to be gone now.

If you double carry you will loose what is in hand if you sever hop.

It seems that my character can still fail to pick up a stick in the woods. 

Never thought about it before, but damn that's ridiculous.

Idk, i think it dissapears anyway, no matter the server type, hop or not.

I find 0.45ACP and SKS ammo allot more common now , which is nice, especially since there's so many deringers&SKS guns laying around.

Still havent find any of the new knives nor the sword or chainsaw ( not sure if it left exp already).

I couldn't use guts as a rope.

I ate the guts in the name of science. Survived without meds.

One of the new knives can be attached to military boots same way u can attach fishing hook to boonie hat, RITE??

Only silencer i found so far was on a teddy bear lol.

I miss the the Kamensk mines. It was nice that we were allowed to enter the cave. Is that backside entrance in the rocks still there?

new NW locations are super sexy, would love to be a fresh spawn there (hint hint)

finaly found this mystic creature called chicken. it was walking on the middle of a road in MSTA. 20 feathers? very noice!

Possible solution Drove with a v3s off the edge of a map yday on 3pp. After changing to 1pp mode it teleported me to the edge of the map, unharmed(after some glitchy stargate journey thru textures). My friend, who tried exiting the vehicle, died.

I cant say for certain that this is the solution, but it worked for me so If you're already there, you might aswell try it.

Edited by halp

Not every time. Sometimes you spawn without the weapon that were in your hands. Sometimes its in your hands, sometimes its in your inventory and sometimes its at your feet. It seems completely random and it doesn't seem to matter if the server has persistance enabled or not.

Also "serverhopping" is kinda outdated when the servers go down on a regular basis and you HAVE to find another server.

• I'm loving some of the new V3S  spawns; Green Mountain, for example.   They don't appear to be noted on DayZTV or DayZDB.
  • Double carrying anything and then dropping it appears to attach to your inventory many times.   This is good if you wish to drive and keep a Jerrycan.   This is bad if you thought you just stashed a nice weapon backup somewhere on the map and didn't notice it at the bottom of your inventory.  You'll never realize that you lost it somewhere until you notice the pattern of items still attached at the bottom of your inventory.   Very weird bug.
  • I've lost magazines after spraying an AK74U.  I'm always sad when that happens.
  • Glad that they fixed spraying axes again.
  • Sad that you can't combine water in containers or even combine fuel between Jerrycans.
  • Looking forward to the day they fix your stuck invisible body being damaged by zombies while you're just a few meters away trying to loot indoors.

Happy New Year!

Edited by Shinjuru
  • Like 3

• I'm loving some of the new V3S  spawns; Green Mountain, for example.   They don't appear to be noted on DayZTV or DayZDB.
  • Double carrying anything and then dropping it appears to attach to your inventory many times.   This is good if you wish to drive and keep a Jerrycan.   This is bad if you thought you just stashed a nice weapon backup somewhere on the map and didn't notice it at the bottom of your inventory.  You'll never realize that you lost it somewhere until you notice the pattern of items still attached at the bottom of your inventory.   Very weird bug.
  • I've lost magazines after spraying an AK74U.  I'm always sad when that happens.
  • Glad that they fixed spraying axes again.
  • Sad that you can't combine water in containers or even combine fuel between Jerrycans.
  • Looking forward to the day they fix your stuck invisible body being damaged by zombies while you're just a few meters away trying to loot indoors.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for this. I've had a few report VS3's at Green Mountain but didn't see it on the map or honestly care to go up there and look myself. :)

Happy New Year Survivor's. 

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 1

Hacking is still an issue, my entire clan was killed by an invisible axe murderer in 3 minutes.

As it will be for some time , if you have real evidence (like recorded video of getting someone's pulse while they show you their hacks , which still might not be enough but it's much better than hear say) then you have to PM it to a dev or moderator .. We all know it exists and regardless of how many updates to the anti-cheat are done there will always be at least one hacker out there , as that's just the downside of multiplayer gaming ... It Will only get better in time with people sending actual evidence to devs so they can improve the banning system.

It Will only get better in time with people sending actual evidence to devs so they can improve the banning system.

Right. As we say here in Yankee-land, "Don't get mad, get Glad™."

Right. As we say here in Yankee-land, "Don't get mad, get Glad™."

This , awesome . Lol I hope only Americans get this :0 .. Are there glad commercials in Europe ? Lol ..can't wait to get on later , the forums have been quiet so it leads me to believe everyone's still vacationing or playing hardcore :) .

I wish it was easier to report hackers, I've got the name and server of a couple and I'd like there to be a form or something I could submit rather than spending ages contacting server admins etc

found a truck in zeleno, drove towards pulkovo,when suddenly, me and my friend sunk into the ground as if we crossed the maps border. Knowing its a bad idea to get out, friend used 1st person view & managed to teleport himself back on the road. I wasnt so lucky so i  tried re-loging. i spawned ontop of the road with my dupped dead body infront of me. Another AKM in exchange for a sunk v3s? fair deal, lol. Than things got interesting. My friend came back and for some reason, i could not see him. He saw me, but didnt see my body. He tried hitting my face and i indeed got hit by invisible dude. We decided to both exit and relog to see if it will fix the problem. When we logged back there was another body waiting for us, this time his. It looks like we both died when we sunk, only that, we didnt?

P.S Found another truck ontop of green mountain 10 minutes later & two heli sites soon after, flashbang+grenade in 1st NWAF barracks i entered.. Server restart ... found another truck, this time in vybor. Crashed it on the way to zeleno >.< Bumped into a party of people an hr after in pavlovo mil base tec building.We were all decked out & ,,, remember that body o mine? i ate it... Yea... Yup, I made the "giggle"... so im pretty sure shit was about to ... server not responding 1...2...3...

luckiest day evah.

Edited by halp

Idk, i think it dissapears anyway, no matter the server type, hop or not.

I miss the the Kamensk mines. It was nice that we were allowed to enter the cave. Is that backside entrance in the rocks still there?

new NW locations are super sexy, would love to be a fresh spawn there (hint hint).

I had been luging around an ak74u in a high cap vest, an AKM on my back and an AK101 in hand on a non persistant private shard for several weeks. I set the AK101 down to drink from a canteen when the server reset. That was when I lost the 101.

The only time I have lost weapons in hand due to a double carry is logging in to a public server and the one I was on wasn't available so I went to another. Technically a server hop. My character will do the animation for putting a weapon away but it will not be on the ground or attached to my inventory.

Not every time. Sometimes you spawn without the weapon that were in your hands. Sometimes its in your hands, sometimes its in your inventory and sometimes its at your feet. It seems completely random and it doesn't seem to matter if the server has persistance enabled or not.

Also "serverhopping" is kinda outdated when the servers go down on a regular basis and you HAmVE to find another server.

I miss the caves too, I loved cooking meat on a fire down at the very end where it opened up. Great spot. Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1