SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

I'm pretty sure the hatchet and hunting knife aren't spawning, maybe the devs forgot to add in spawn points as they kind of did with the ak74 mags in 0.51. I don't think the supressors spawn apart from in Christmas trees either

I have found both but not since .52 went from experimental to stable.  If you found a suppressor at a Christmas Tree good on ya, I've only found ammo and fruit.

Tried that with rags and burlap strips, no soap.  

We have never played together. 

• Like 1

Ok well I'm glad it's not just me. Seems to be common. I do have a pretty good idea for the hot keys.. gonna post it in the suggestions thread. 

I have found both but not since .52 went from experimental to stable.  If you found a suppressor at a Christmas Tree good on ya, I've only found ammo and fruit.

Keep looking. Some servers are totally bugged and will spawn a huge amount of teddy bears, like 50.

• Like 1

Barnabus, on 24 Dec 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:snapback.png

Tried that with rags and burlap strips, no soap.  

We have never played together. 

/facepalm

/headshake

#gottapee

Having issues applying splints.  Morphine was fine.

Might be linked to the same issue as not being able to skin as I have to cancel the action when nothing happens to try it again.

Edited by Beav

I'm pretty sure the hatchet and hunting knife aren't spawning, maybe the devs forgot to add in spawn points as they kind of did with the ak74 mags in 0.51. I don't think the supressors spawn apart from in Christmas trees either

can not confirm for the hunting knife, but if you meant hatchet as in splitting axe, i can confirm it is spawning.

So far I can  say: loot respawn is slightly broken. There is an easy way to abuse it pretty hard. 

If I don't hear anything about a "fix / balance" I will open a support ticket with data inside, but I'm pretty sure this is a known issue

So apparently, now even if we can see the object, and its in an obviously reachable location, we still cant pick it up. (Can a moderator please resize the image? I have no idea how to.)

JtRaAve.jpg

Edited by kichilron
Added Spoiler.

Is the issue with items not being able to be picked up a problem that requires a restart? I'm finding that when I encounter this(which is quite often), that I am having to reconnect in order to pick up any items at all.

I have had that happen, but instead of reconnection I use actions, like when it happens with a can of food, I open it, when it is ammo, I split and then combine etc. It also helps to go away for a certain distance and then coming back.

Edited by Dafix

So apparently, now even if we can see the object, and its in an obviously reachable location, we still cant pick it up. 

Have you tried running away from that object and coming back to try and pick it up? This is how I've successfully picked up items I was having trouble. Just walk/run away a few feet and come back. Extend your distance away the second time if it doesn't work the first. 

If there is room in your inventory, you can pick up most items that are 'stuck' like this just by putting the dot on them and hitting F. 

Also, looking away from the item at your feet, sometimes straight up into the sky/ceiling makes it show in vicinity for me.

Medkits seem to show contents properly when on the floor. I don't think this has been fixed in quite a while....

I found some generic 1PP servers that I had not come across that had decent ping which was nice the one I've stuck to has normal seeming loot spawn but hasn't had a single zombie on it!

Currently carrying a Mosin with LRS for the first time in a long time and I feel like I have a target on my back. :P

(Can a moderator please resize the image? I have no idea how to.)

Just use Spoilers, that's the easiest way.

Many times when I can see an object in Inventory view or within Use Item reach view (even with bag space available) and I'm still unable to pick it up, it's usually because my character may be stuck at a nearby location.   To fix this, I just retrace my steps about 10 meters and then return to loot again.   This also happens when your character seems to be getting hit by zombies somewhere outside, when you think you clearly made it inside a safe building location.   Just retrace your steps or keep running 20 more meters.  This magically unsticks your invisible character.

So apparently, now even if we can see the object, and its in an obviously reachable location, we still cant pick it up. (Can a moderator please resize the image? I have no idea how to.)

JtRaAve.jpg

I've noticed that if I open my inventory and click and drag the item a few times it'll disappear. Then either go to the door and look right outside or if the house has stairs it usually ends up there then I can pick up the item.

Also noticed screaming friendly. And typing friendly and putting my hands up doesn't matter to some assholes. They shoot u in the face anyhow.

This action has single handedly turned me bandit so good job to the only other person on the server with me last night. Merry Christmas.

Edited by Masprotech

I've noticed that if I open my inventory and click and drag the item a few times it'll disappear. Then either go to the door and look right outside or if the house has stairs it usually ends up there then I can pick up the item.

Also noticed screaming friendly. And typing friendly and putting my hands up doesn't matter to some assholes. They shoot u in the face anyhow.

This action has single handedly turned me bandit so good job to the only other person on the server with me last night. Merry Christmas.

It's always your choice to become a murderer (bandits rob people).

No one can force your hand to play a certain way.

It's always your choice to become a murderer (bandits rob people).

No one can force your hand to play a certain way.

Oh I agree just don't understand people. I approach this game sort of like real life. What would I do if I met this person like this. I wouldn't just shoot em. But not everyone plays this way. Maybe rp is more my style

The store is open (too bad we can't scroll down the tent inventory, there is more stuff down there):

3036066.jpg

Tents on private persistance servers are working now ? are Heli chrash sites spawning (with model visible) while persistance is ON ?

Grass wrap doesn't work on Mosin anymore? I had one pre .52 and when I spawned it was cloned 2 times on the gun and at 90* angle. I can't put it back on either.