SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Yes, being played by human beings. It may not be real, but those people are still using their brains to make very disturbing choices. BUT, it is realistic, and that's what really matters.

But that's my point. It's not disturbing.  Or realistic. You take a knife, you press a button. Get a small animation and a the body disappears. Few steaks appear in your inventory.

They don't have to literally strip the body. Hang him upside down, slit his throat, wait for the blood to spill out, disembowel him and then skin him.

Same with shooting someone in the face. It's just a puppet with minimal emotions and limited body motions. It's not realistic in any way.

I really think that when you skin somebody it should leave some kind of disgusting corpse or a skeleton laying around.  It would most sincerely leave some scary feelings in those that wander passed the site of the skinning.

the body just disappearing is just not enough right now. lol

• Like 1

But that's my point. It's not disturbing.  Or realistic. You take a knife, you press a button. Get a small animation and a the body disappears. Few steaks appear in your inventory.

They don't have to literally strip the body. Hang him upside down, slit his throat, wait for the blood to spill out, disembowel him and then skin him.

Same with shooting someone in the face. It's just a puppet with minimal emotions and limited body motions. It's not realistic in any way.

So you're saying that everyone who plays video games does so with zero mental or emotional investment? I don't buy that. YOU maybe, and others like you, but I would hardly call that the norm.

I really think that when you skin somebody it should leave some kind of disgusting corpse or a skeleton laying around. It would most sincerely leave some scary feelings in those that wander passed the site of the skinning.

the body just disappearing is just not enough right now. lol

Can you legit skin people already ? If so I gotta go hunt a couple of bandits ... But I'm sure the skinning bodies animation will get a buff soon :)

Hold on cannibalism is legit? I thought that was a joke...

When are they going to add something that makes friendly play a good idea? The game is just becoming worse and worse for being a death match now when you kill people and have a knife you definitely get food, morals barely come in to it as it's not real life so there's not much of a reason to not shoot people if you're guy is hungry.

I'm not saying I'm against cannubalism in the game at all, you do what you can to survive but at this stage it can only harm the general mentality of the playerbase.

I hope they add in some serious drawbacks to cannibalism because you can get a lot of diseases amd things from it in real life, hopefully in future they make it so it's more of a torture thing not an ideal food source.

Also players should get dark circles under their eyes from eating a lot of human meat, I forget the condition it gives you but it's very noticeable.

I don't see why they'd add it now it's all bandits are going to do.

Not to mention it's an unlimited food source.

Wait yeah actually that's fucking stupid couldn't an 8 person clan just have 6 players kill themselves over and over so they have a ridiculous amount of meat? Diseases don't seem to be a thing yet but human meat needs to be an absolute last resort when it comes to eating.

Though I'm sure clans will still do that in order to leave trails of meat laying around.

• Like 1

Oy, it seems I have missed a lot.. again. *sigh* I really wish that the cannibalism thing would have stayed a rumor. I'm not even going to think about using it, thank goodness for TacBac and other food sources.

It just feels very wrong to me. So the game is rated at what? R? M? Players at and above 16? Has anyone noticed how many literal kids (Age 12-14) play this game, parents probably never knowing or caring?

Sorry, didn't mean to derail or anything. :blush:

So how about those gas canisters? How does the filling up work? And did I read something about lighting torches? I'm trying hard to catch up this exp. Version, hardly had time to play at all, it just sucks right now >:(

Welp, guess it's time to just jump in there! See y'all in Chernarus!

I think consuming human meat should come with severe disadvantages - otherwise you could just sustain your energy demand by eating everyone you killed instead of searching for real food. Getting sick is one factor but I also think the mneat should not be very high quality - the average human is old compared to animals usually used for food and probably full of less-than-healthy substances. Its not good meat. At all.

people like to play in cheat mode because they aren't very good at the game.

That doesn't make much sense. Because this way you also give "cheat mode" to everyone else. Third person is by no means easier - it just changes the overall gamplay, to the worse in my opinion.

Can you guys once and for all fix the issue plaguing us since day one where you have a 1 in 20 chance of actually jumping when you press the jump button? The other 19 times you either don't jump at all or you vault instead. Never have I played a game before where a button pressed does not result in the corresponding action instantly. It's ridiculous!

Government officials would disagree with you.  In fact there has been huge tirades over violence in video games and how far they go.  Hell, I think Manhunter got banned in Australia and some other countries for the violence.  So, yes cannibalism could be over stepping the boundry.

• Like 2

This is really my only issue with it as well. I don't care that it's messed up (that's everyone's individual choice to make), I care that it's going to make everyone more aggressive towards each other. That part worries me. Who knows, time will tell... perhaps it won't change anything at all once everyone has had their "fill" of it.

Well, let's just hope that as a game develops we will be introduced to a new game mechanics that will actually reward peaceful interactions between the players. Because as of now I cannot think about a single thing, but a good nature of some players, that could actually make somebody to make a friendly move towards another player. At the same time there's a ton of different reasons to do KoS and general banditry. So let's just hope, that as a game develops, and there's still a lot of time till the game hits 1.0, we will see this changing for the better.

Have some beans, and try to be friendly to a people that you meet in Chernorus. I will do my part as well. :)

• Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/iGmDar0.jpg

Cooking took well over 10 minutes.

Last time I did some cooking on stable, it was somewhere around few minutes with full a 5 x wood fireplace

It's to ensure you fully cook your human meat. No one likes a raw slab of human thigh.

Government officials would disagree with you.  In fact there has been huge tirades over violence in video games and how far they go.  Hell, I think Manhunter got banned in Australia and some other countries for the violence.  So, yes cannibalism could be over stepping the boundry.

*Manhunt got banned for depicting some graphic forms of violence but games have done just as offensive things since with little attention.

Movies depict every atrocity but only because games are supposedly "for children" do they get held up to extra scrutiny.

• Like 1

It just feels very wrong to me. So the game is rated at what? R? M? Players at and above 16? Has anyone noticed how many literal kids (Age 12-14) play this game, parents probably never knowing or caring?

Why should that be our problem? Why should the game get toned down to suit the audience its not intended for? People are always quick to blame video games for the deralied kids who shoot up a school or whatever, but here in the uk at least you cannot buy those sort of games unless you are over 18 and its an offence for a parent to buy a game for a minor knowing full well it carries a mature certificate. So for that reason alone, your arguement is invalid.

Why should that be our problem? Why should the game get toned down to suit the audience its not intended for? People are always quick to blame video games for the deralied kids who shoot up a school or whatever, but here in the uk at least you cannot buy those sort of games unless you are over 18 and its an offence for a parent to buy a game for a minor knowing full well it carries a mature certificate. So for that reason alone, your arguement is invalid.

Wrong.  Read what I wrote up top.

What part of the world are you thinking of?  I can't think of a part of the world were cannibalism is acceptable.  But its only a game.  I assume it has a 16 or 18 rating on it.

Its so much easier to find other sources of food than it is to kill, skin and cook someone.  Obviously its gonna happen.. sounds kinda creepy and therefore perfect for this game! :)

Cannibalism isn't accepted in any part of the world, but in video game form it's another thing. Thus the "issue" I'm talking about. I'm not talking about real cannibalism, but having cannibalism in a game can make it banned in some countries, yes.

The main problem for me is that now fresh spawn will be killed not just for fun now, but players will have a "reason" to do it. It was already a problem (for some and not others of course, the ones holding the guns don't care) that fresh spawns were getting killed, now that there's some gain from it, be sure that these murders will get on the rise.

Topic cleaned from the insults and derailment that is the 3PP / 1PP discussion.

There are different servers to chose from already, there is no need for this kind of discussion or anyone's preference, as it ends up - once again - with insults. Leave it.

• Like 3

Just because you don't mind cannibalism in a video game doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Ok, ok, ok. Let me get this strait. I've seen lots of post defending a morally bad features because it's a video game. Let's say it's a video game (eroge type) where you have sex with kids. Since it's a video game it's ok right?

Too many arguments defend morally bad actions and behavior because they are in the "virtual world" or video games. I'm having problems with this, as common sense, and good judgement seem to be more and more off balanced recently.

It's experimental, so it's subject to change, but my hope is that they didn't add cannibalism because of the Walking Dead....

This thread is derailing bad.

• Like 1

are you even quiting the right person here?

Just because you don't mind cannibalism in a video game doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Ok, ok, ok. Let me get this strait. I've seen lots of post defending a morally bad features because it's a video game. Let's say it's a video game (eroge type) where you have sex with kids. Since it's a video game it's ok right?

Too many arguments defend morally bad actions and behavior because they are in the "virtual world" or video games. I'm having problems with this, as common sense, and good judgement seem to be more and more off balanced recently.

It's experimental, so it's subject to change, but my hope is that they didn't add cannibalism because of the Walking Dead....

This thread is derailing bad.

and because you dont approve of canniblism doesn't make you right. whether you shoot someone in the face or skin them up and turn them into bobs burgers, it still ends badly for them, regardless of the moral highground people want to rub all over it.

and because you dont approve of canniblism doesn't make you right. whether you shoot someone in the face or skin them up and turn them into bobs burgers, it still ends badly for them, regardless of the moral highground people want to rub all over it.

Before I was born, millions didn't approve cannibalism. It's not what you, or I think, it's what's right and wrong, fundamentally.

Before I could even speak or make choices, cannibalism was still morally wrong.

Today's society has corrupted ways to see things...

Let's not forget that there may be a risk of Kuru (madcows disease/tremors) associated with eating people implemented into DayZ.

Someone should go full wendigo and see if they get kuru, for science.

• Like 1

@ Kichilron so yo delete my post with one short paragraph about 1st and 3rd person view, saying its a personal choice? sheesh great moderating dude.

That's not what this thread is about.  It's for discussion about the experimental build.  It wasn't just yours that got deleted.

• Like 4

Yes it is! I like that place a lot. B)

2n0pvo2.jpg

No problems so far on experimental. In about 5 hours of gameplay, had only 1 session lost, no crashes, no real FPS drops, pretty smooth experience.

I personally don't like cannibalism. Some say it had "realism" or "authenticity", but I'm pretty sure it's gonna cause some issues in some parts of the world. There's no reason to add it in my opinion. In a way, it's gonna make KoS of fresh spawn go up and become even more frequent, as players will skin them to make food. They used to be killed for fun by some, now a lot of players will have a reason to do so...

I won't eat human flesh just because i know that i wouldn't eat it in real life, im not crazy enough to do it, my friend will definitely do this thou. 

• Like 1