SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

It was like that for both stable and experimental 0.50, but I'm not sure about 0.49.

It was still in .49, that building was added in .50

I'v had quite a few server restets already, maybe 4 in 30mins. Must be bad luck.

Also i'v had 2 weapons disappear on me whole holding them in my hands. First a sawn off shotgun (which i moments later find ammo for of course..) just vanishes out of my hands, and then a 1911 i found. Character does the "puts weapon on shoulder" animation and poof, weapon is gone. Nowhere to be found.

You can now drink at water pumps but cannot fill a canteen :)

I'v had quite a few server restets already, maybe 4 in 30mins. Must be bad luck.

Also i'v had 2 weapons disappear on me whole holding them in my hands. First a sawn off shotgun (which i moments later find ammo for of course..) just vanishes out of my hands, and then a 1911 i found. Character does the "puts weapon on shoulder" animation and poof, weapon is gone. Nowhere to be found.

Check your inventory under your backpack.

Check your inventory under your backpack.

I remember that from another time but it didn't happen now. Neither were there. It also just happened again but this time with a gaslamp.

I remember that from another time but it didn't happen now. Neither were there. It also just happened again but this time with a gaslamp.

There seem to be some desync/lag regarding items. At least I have had trouble picking up some items. The item simply wouldn't budge from the floor despite me using every method for picking up. I end up goint to another item and picking that up, after that it seems I can pick up the troublesome item. Same goes with dropping items, they often end up way back on my route. I find them if I backtrack.

Zombies also seem somewhat desynced, hitting me although I have already moved a couple of steps. No trouble killing them, though.

Edit: I have yet to experience anything new in this build.

Edited by BadAsh

There seem to be some desync/lag regarding items. At least I have had trouble picking up some items. The item simply wouldn't budge from the floor despite me using every method for picking up. I end up goint to another item and picking that up, after that it seems I can pick up the troublesome item. Same goes with dropping items, they often end up way back on my route. I find them if I backtrack.

Zombies also seem somewhat desynced, hitting me although I have already moved a couple of steps. No trouble killing them, though.

Edit: I have yet to experience anything new in this build.

Try moving the item around. Get near it with your inventory open so it shows up in the vicinity, then just click and drag it down and let go or to the side and let go so that the item "moves" it may disappear from where you first saw it but it should still be around somehwere close. After that i can usually pick them back up.

And yeah, quite a bit of desync on the last server i was on. Not spawning after a 70 second "please wait" still seems to be a thing. Which is pretty annoying considering your character does load into the server and is standing there. So you have to disconnect and try again only to wait another 70 seconds..

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 4

this happened to me quite a few times ever since .50. I realised it was because i went to eat something when a gun was in my hands, he would pick the gun back up afterwards but if you look the gun would still be on the floor. I had to drop the gun and pick it up again so it wouldn't dissapear when i moved far enough away.

• Like 1

I've had the same thing happened. But somehow, after a while, when I picked up another item in my hands, it reappeared briefly under me, to disappear again. So I tested out a bit with putting items in my hands, and it reappeared. Had this happen with rifles in my hands too, and to "fix" it, I wasn't dragging my in hands item to the vicinity first, instead of using "x", the action bar or the scroll wheel actions.

• Like 1

Try moving the item around. Get near it with your inventory open so it shows up in the vicinity, then just click and drag it down and leg or to the side and let go so that the item "moves" it may disappear from where you first saw it but it should still be around somehwere close. After that i can usually pick them back up.

Tried everything: Dragging, doubleclicking, right clicking. It doesn't budge. I haven't experienced that before until this build. But as I said, I just have to wait a bit, or handle other items then I can pick it up. So I'm guessing it is some kind of lag.

• Like 1

This bug is active in stable .50 aswell. It happens when you are carrying a gun in your hands and do an action such as eating. After the action your character automatically picks the gun back up (but not really, this is where the bug starts) If you dont put the gun back on the ground and pick it back up, it will vanish from your hands shortly after. Best thing to do is always put your gun down before doing an action. Press TAB and physically press the 'X' to put the item on the ground, then do the action, then pick up the item.

If you forget to do this and your item/gun vanishes, you can find it at the last place you performed an action that required you to drop that item/gun

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Nice smooth patch!, I have seen 3 zombies within 1 and a half hours of gameplay which is low, but atleast they are there! :)

Had some inventory lag with backpack, would use item etc, and it would still be visible in inventory, only until I move another item in the backpack it will dissapear

Im yet to find any new items though :( , have checked here and Reddit for what has been found/added so far btw

Only gripe is that every server, US or UK, are night time :S

would be nice to maybe keep relevant to the country's personal time zone (give or take a hour), but I still enjoy trekking around at night so no problem for me :)

cheers

Roger

Edited by Roger_Shrubz

Maybe the third person and nighttime things are intentional to test some related changes? Lets go full dream mode and assume they fixed both peeking and the gamma glich!

This bug is active in stable .50 aswell. It happens when you are carrying a gun in your hands and do an action such as eating. After the action your character automatically picks the gun back up (but not really, this is where the bug starts) If you dont put the gun back on the ground and pick it back up, it will vanish from your hands shortly after. Best thing to do is always put your gun down before doing an action. Press TAB and physically press the 'X' to put the item on the ground, then do the action, then pick up the item.

If you forget to do this and your item/gun vanishes, you can find it at the last place you performed an action that required you to drop that item/gun

Awesome, thanks for sharing that. I hope i won't forget next time.. can add 2 SkS fully loaded and a magnum to the list of lost weapons. ugh..

Okay I love the development speed they're working and and since .47 .48 the amount of features is awesome.

However I've just heard about 15 pop opening sounds in 30 seconds.  It seems they're adding more and more horrible ambient sounds every release.

Who cares if there isn't 1pp servers these noises break you out of immersion almost immediately ALL THE TIME.  
Can't wait till they curb this one.

EDIT

Add the rags combining sound flash light clicks every 20 seconds or so too!
AAAAAAAHHHHRRRRRRGHGHGHGH

Edited by DoctorWhy

Why should it offend him? He, like me, simply couldn't find any logic in your statement, especially where you say "but this one does not interest me in the slightest for some reason" despite not knowing anything about the build. 

At any rate - it doesn't matter much, but I think this thread is best suited for those actually playing the build - rather than those expressing their disinterest.

As for me, I can't wait till I'm done with homework so i can get started.  :D

Nope, this thread is not best suited for people playing the build, it is best suited for people wishing to know what the build contains which i clearly stated in my op is the reason i will check in to it every now and then, just because i do not want to play it does not mean i have no right to research it so please shut up.

I bet you can't. you should skip homework and jump straight into it, don't want to miss the band wagon.

Heads up the compass is backwards

I used mine to navigate away from Cherno in the dark following north and ended up at the ocean (south)

So you can now cut up and skin human players after they have died. You can cook their flesh as well.
Beware there are cannibals out there.

Nope, this thread is not best suited for people playing the build, it is best suited for people wishing to know what the build contains which i clearly stated in my op is the reason i will check in to it every now and then, just because i do not want to play it does not mean i have no right to research it so please shut up.

I bet you can't. you should skip homework and jump straight into it, don't want to miss the band wagon.

This whole section is for those who are testing the experimental and stable builds, not for those to rant and rave about a build they aren't even testing.  Go back to general to post your dissatisfaction. 

Wow, if only I knew about the whole cannibalism thing earlier. After spawning in (less than a minute) I heard an extra set of footsteps, so I stopped, it stopped, I disregarded it. Then I heard it again, and started jogging out of the area, and after a quick peak I look behind me seeing a guy charging at me with a baseball bat. I ran, after a while I was like "Fuck it" turned around, and actually knocked him out and beat him to death with his bat. Then I took his stuff, including a kitchen knife. If only I knew to eat the bastard...

• Like 1

So what's the purpose of initiating 24 hour server cycle when the gamma issue still has not been fixed? 

Only 1 zombie in another hour of play time.

It's possible the city I was in was visited by another player, which would explain the lack of zombies.

I have looted 3 small towns and most of a city and only saw 2 firearms the whole time. (Repeater and Carbine)

Okay I love the development speed they're working and and since .47 .48 the amount of features is awesome.

However I've just heard about 15 pop opening sounds in 30 seconds.  It seems they're adding more and more horrible ambient sounds every release.

Who cares if there isn't 1pp servers these noises break you out of immersion almost immediately ALL THE TIME.  
Can't wait till they curb this one.

EDIT

Add the rags combining sound flash light clicks every 20 seconds or so too!
AAAAAAAHHHHRRRRRRGHGHGHGH

If you play on lower population servers you will hear this a lot less.

Of course, if you're playing just for a shootout you wouldn't likely be happy on a low population server either....

So far very stable experience. Didn't crash, only had 1 server restart, found everything I needed (Still looking for a knife or machete, but not very actively... :P ) and gotta say that it's very enjoyable.

I had a great couple of hours as well. I'm quite comfortable, but do not have any ammunition for my gun. That's really my only "want" at this point, though. All of my needs are taken care of. Smooth, stable experience so far as well. No disconnects AT ALL! :)

This whole section is for those who are testing the experimental and stable builds, not for those to rant and rave about a build they aren't even testing.  Go back to general to post your dissatisfaction. 

Don't feed the troll. Just report him. He'll be dealt with.

• Like 2

Never an official one for Experimental.

Check out reddit for the unofficial one:(WIP) http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2m3qsy/november_exp_051_unofficial_changelog/

Just wondering, is there any reason why we never get official patchnotes for exp builds?

I'm up for testing, but making players look for the new stuff to test is just counterproductive.

• Like 1