SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

I have been looting boats on the coast and i always find fishing gear like Boonie hats wellies and rain coats i haven't seen netting anywhere   <_<

Move the raincoats around.  I found six so far today, now if I could find some damn burlap sacks I'd be all set. 

So are we just going with the webbing is just not available or that it's not needed?

Just in case and to be sure you are not looking for the wrong stuff, it is called netting not webbing.  You can only find it where you find rowboats.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Just in case and to be sure you are not looking for the stuff, it is called netting not webbing.  You can only find it where you find rowboats.

Yeah, netting. Putting it on the coast, as I presume that's the only place you can find boats, is a bit harsh though. You'll have all those fresh bambi spawns clashing with geared up players on the hunt for their finishing touches.

Just to confirm though, the ghillie suit is still available in the current build? I read somewhere that it might have been taken out.

Move the raincoats around.  I found six so far today, now if I could find some damn burlap sacks I'd be all set. 

Just in case and to be sure you are not looking for the wrong stuff, it is called netting not webbing.  You can only find it where you find rowboats.

Im the opposite i keep finding burlap sacks for some reason :huh:  il take another look around the coast and try to move everything in the boat around  B)  

Edited by Dudester100

I've only run across them in sheds.  They take up an entire Mountain Backpack's space.  :o

I've also found them in garages. And you can carry them in your inventory like a weapon, without having to use any inventory slots.

the garage at Polesovo is hanging in mid air.

I've come across a V3S with less than 25% fuel left, managed to take me from Novo to NWAF in <10 minutes. Found Jerry cans as well, only managed to carry them in my hands, which resulted in a one-hand sprint at a fast pace.

Edited by Santa fox

Are the servers breaking down again? They seem to get stuck at 8.00 again and I don't think I likey dat :-/ Oh well, So far it's actually a pretty good day. Ended up in Kamenka after crossing the map at a leisurely pace in about 6 hours (Naps included). Next stop Rify or something like that, trying to hunt up Jerry Cans.

Food seems mostly readily available, now I'll play Vanilla for a while and see how that goes.

Are friendlies still a thing BTW? Been shot at both times that I actually did encounter someone, so I decided to just stick to the woods and stay alive, not really caring too much about discovering new stuff.

Are friendlies still a thing BTW? Been shot at both times that I actually did encounter someone, so I decided to just stick to the woods and stay alive, not really caring too much about discovering new stuff.

Yessir , friendlies are definitely still there ! Matter of fact I met a freindly cannibal today , I crashed my v3s gracefully over a guard rail and into a tree wedging it there indefinitely.. After getting out of the truck I look over to see a sneaky man coming near me hiding in the bushes so I shoot a warning shot at him (which doesn't deter him ) so he disappears for a second and reappears in front of the truck .. I jump out a second time (I was scared cuz I heard his demonic crying that cannibals do so I jumped in the truck ) and shoot another warning shot to his left as he replies to my warnings of getting too close with "don't shoot I'm friendly " .. So I told him if he could get Bertha out of the jam she was in she'd be his , and that's when I ran to my second v3s hidden in the trees and rode off into the sunset .. :) friendly cannibal , wherever you are and whomever you're eating , stay friendly :P

• Like 3

Only made contact with 3 or 4 people in the last couple days (saw several more but avoided them) and they were all friendly. :)

• Like 1

I've bumped into 3 friendlies and 1 guy who was pretending to be friendly, really poor actor. Countless people still KoSing including one lad who tried and failed to kill me after driving past me in his V3S.

no zombies at all in the north after a reset....

not sure if the respawn ratio of loot is going to work, searched 200 buildings and no 9mm

no zombies at all in the north after a reset....

not sure if the respawn ratio of loot is going to work, searched 200 buildings and no 9mm

Yeah loot and zombies seem buggy. Some places have none of either and then some other places are overflowing with them.

Personally, I like that the restarts are resetting V3S spawning positions.  Gives a lot of other players a chance at checking it out.   I just wished there were a lot more Jerrycans spawning.

How often do the servers restart right now?  BEC says every six hours but I am certain it's a hell of a lot shorter than that.

In the four hours I have played tonight, I count myself lucky if a server stays up for half an hour...

Yeah loot and zombies seem buggy. Some places have none of either and then some other places are overflowing with them.

Zombies I find all over, each time the server resets so do they.  However, useful items are completely non-existent almost everywhere by now.  I'm sure there are the usual loot pile-ups somewhere remote, but I spent 1 hour checking Stary and Novy Sobor today and there was not a single piece of food to be found, no weapons save the usual hoes/hammers/cattle prods, and no useful sundries (matches, knives, rope, etc).  Any fresh-spawn coming to locations like this are going to be totally out of luck.  So I went back to the southerly woods to hunt some more game, I have a backpack full of steaks and I hope to donate some to any poor unfortunate I might come across.

Still, chances are they'll try and punch me for my gear..

In the four hours I have played tonight, I count myself lucky if a server stays up for half an hour...

Yeah I'm having that problem as well.

Has anyone seen a heli crash? I feel as if I am wasting my time looking for them.

I've bumped into 3 friendlies and 1 guy who was pretending to be friendly, really poor actor. Countless people still KoSing including one lad who tried and failed to kill me after driving past me in his V3S.

I've always found it easier to take care of people when I just say "Hey, I'm friendly". Most of the time it makes them hesitate and there's gap when you can pop them in the head.

Especially if you've got something with high mobility and accurate sights, like magnum. Keeps their equipment in good condition.

Its pretty clear that there are alot of stable people on exp, so far i've had 3 poorly equipped people run at me trying to punch me to death and one attempt at badly acting friendly who then tried to shoot me at point blank range and missed.... they are all no more. Will be nice to get back to the usual crowd on exp not the influx of maniacs.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble this removing and replacing inventory. I have had several backpacks or items inside them dissappear when placed on the ground. Sometime they can be found outside a house or nearby. Othertimes they dissappear completely, never to be seen again. I had one instance where I lost a drybag i had placed inside a mountain backpack when i placed it on the ground. I continued onward and later on my way back found the backpack in the middle of the road anout 50 meters from were I lost it.

Last night I was have a nice time with a fellow player I met from New Zeeland. We did a bit of hunting and had slaughtered 2 cows. I took my pack off and suddenly it was gone! My buddy could still see it on the ground in his inventory but not when he looked at the ground. As soon as we moved slightly it was gone forever :( In the mean time the skinof the cow we just slaughtered started following us around. Iw ould randomly appear on the ground next to my friend or in my buddies' inventory. We were cooking the steaks at the time and the skin would suddenly be in the middle of the fireplace. We would move it and it was  gone only to reappear someplace else a while later... very strange.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch

They do restart/crash quite often but overall the current iteration seems to run quite well. Especially compared to the last (crash to desktop every 10-120 seconds) and the one before that (input lag and general lag). Invisible zombies are a thing though.

Its pretty clear that there are alot of stable people on exp

I wonder how many died because they were staying at the coast running from one city to the other only to find that most of the food there was taken as well.

I wonder how many died because they were staying at the coast running from one city to the other only to find that most of the food there was taken as well.

Absolutely! Most of the Exp servers are 80% on average and with EVERYONE spawning on the/ near the coast, food gets depleted very fast. My strategy is to rip my shirt to bandages. Drink the nearest water and spam some remote apple tree until I am stuffed. Then it's time to get the hell out of Dodge and go to the most off the beaten track villages I can find. First goal is find a pick axe or preferably an axe (because you can then chop wood). Tomatos have saved me a number og times if all has been plundered. Those seeds usually get left behind and in ten minutes you can get more than you can eat.

Guns are getting very rare indeed. I have found a single mosin in 4 days but quite a few shotguns and blaze double rifles. These are nice because you don't need to tote them about for days until you find a mag for it. I've come across several CR 527s but the mags for it are as rare as hens teeth

Dear all:

I have installed the experimental twice and I have the effect shown in the picture.  Stable 0.50 is running really nice without any issues, but every time that I have tried the 0.51, i have this weird effect.  Anyone knows what can be wrong?   I have a GC AMD Radeon R9 M265X 12 GB RAM 

Any help/comments will be greatly appreciated guys.

Thank you all!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qagqrzjdarlviht/2014-11-16_00001.jpg?dl=0

Dear all:

I have installed the experimental twice and I have the effect shown in the picture.  Stable 0.50 is running really nice without any issues, but every time that I have tried the 0.51, i have this weird effect.  Anyone knows what can be wrong?   I have a GC AMD Radeon R9 M265X 12 GB RAM 

Any help/comments will be greatly appreciated guys.

Thank you all!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qagqrzjdarlviht/2014-11-16_00001.jpg?dl=0

hi pizuicas and all, pizuicas you are not alone. This issue is happening to me too ,since 0.51 is in beta steam download. Looks like something to makes work wrong my graphic card, i hope fix this before push to stable. Other people have the same issue too.

P.S. Sorry for my english , is not the best, i know.

• Like 1

Aah... The feeling when you are driving V3S at middle of nowhere and "no message received.." :)

Anyway can't wait for more vehicles. Bicycle, motorbike, ATV?

^ hell yes man I want a side by side (basically an atv that fits two people shoulder to shoulder) such an awesome off-roading/ working beast it'll come in handy whether you're trying to escape from bandits or construct a log cabin :) ...

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1