SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Just happened, 45/50 Server:

I just searched around in electro, when i found a gas canister in a shack. It was too big to put it in my already half full drybag, so i put my mp133 around my shoulder and carried the canister in my hands.

As i went back out on the main street at the western end of electro, i see a truck and two guys dancing around it. I scream hey guys and march up to them. One is unarmed, the other one Points his shotgun at me. I tell him im friendly and ask if they Need gas. They cheer back: "Oh yes please please!!" I put the gas down in front of the truck and wish them a safe journey as i make my way towards cherno...

there i suddenly here someone screaming from very far away. I look around and see a freshspawn coming up to me. He tells me he just spawned and thanks me for not Shooting him.

i Ask him if he wants to head to cherno with me, but he says hes going up the Woods. i leave him two pipsi and a zuchini on the ground as i leave. He thanks me and i head off...

Gotta love this game.... There still are friendlies out there...

But is anybody else unable to spray paint his fire axe or just me?

And the Gas Canister i found had 30% in it. Can i refill that at a gas Station?

Yes, I was also unable to paint the fireaxe. Also regarding gas cannisters, there is a bug(?) so if you take it in hands and then drop it by clicking the red X in the hands box, the cannister will magically be placed in your inventory and you will carry it around without either having to hold it in your hands or use inventory slots for it. There is some issues with this when you change items in hands, it can drop again, but you can just repeat the process and you will have it in your inventory again.

Spawned near Svetlo and found a V3S pretty much right away. Played a total of about 45 minutes, much of which was driving around, with no major bugs or CTDs. Only issue was desync/lag that became obvious when interacting with objects or fighting zombies.

Yes, I was also unable to paint the fireaxe. Also regarding gas cannisters, there is a bug(?) so if you take it in hands and then drop it by clicking the red X in the hands box, the cannister will magically be placed in your inventory and you will carry it around without either having to hold it in your hands or use inventory slots for it. There is some issues with this when you change items in hands, it can drop again, but you can just repeat the process and you will have it in your inventory again.

Happens with everything, you can carry many weapons this way.

It seems that for me, every time I log out I lose everything.

Is this a new feature of experimental?

So the radio is back to not working? Sad to see it go again. =( Even though I had yet to ever make contact with any other players using it.

Also, has anyone found over spawning loot on this one? My run last night felt pretty balanced in terms of loot, from Solnichny to Goglovo.

Edited by JubeiDOK

This truck is so nice, I could look at it the whole day. It killed me when I drove it lol, the front part got into the floor and when I left it, "you are dead". Twas wothy thou, had a smile in my face all the time lol

i would believe that because currently almost everybody moved to exp now since it has vehicles, but the day before yesterday i was on stable on a server that isnt as popular

as EXP is right now with "220 join requests per second" and the same thing happened on there. i dont and cant believe that.

It happened to me yesterday on stable too. But after running around for a while two invisible zombies became visible so I could kill them. That has never happened to me before, even though the invisble zombies bug have a few times.

It seems that for me, every time I log out I lose everything.

Is this a new feature of experimental?

with each new fix over the past few days the exp servers have been wiped. Usually not this many in such a short time but the devs are really on top of stuff this week. I think they want .51 out next week.

I can't paint my fire axe either although I did notice that the amount of paint went down when I tried it.

I lost my Kevlar when I made/broke down my gillie hood. Not sure which.

When did rowboats start spawning gear? Is that new so when can get nets and rain slickers?

Edited by Barnabus

There is also a chance to spawn as a invisible and invincable player. Happened two times to me yesterday as I relogged immediately after the "no message for xxx seconds" message.

The scrollwheel menu always shows entries like "hide body" and "show content". Direct communication, hunger, cold and interaction with items didn't work. However - opening and closing doors did.

Edited by Agilov

When did rowboats start spawning gear? Is that new so when can get nets and rain slickers?

Yes that's new. It's also the only spawnpoint for netting now.

There is also a chance to spawn as a invisible and invincable player. Happened two times to me yesterday as I relogged immediately after the "no message for xxx seconds" message.

The scrollwheel menu always shows entries like "hide body" and "show content". Direct communication hunger and interaction with items didn't work. However - opening and closing doors did.

Ugh, definitely feedbacktracker material !

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 2

Am i the only one who cant join eny experimental servers? Every single one is full and have been for the last 4 dayz.

Location - EU

Am i the only one who cant join eny experimental servers? Every single one is full and have been for the last 4 dayz.

Location - EU

I haven't played yesterday, but I didn't have any problems getting in. Just keep spamming one like Exorade says and you should get in within a minute or so. Just double click and hit enter immediately after, keep doing that until you get in.

I think the problem with joining is because every single motherf****** out there is just horny to test out some vehicles, therefore even changing from stable to experimental.

Has anybody found a AUG yet? As an Austrian, im eager to get this gun.

And has anybody found AK-74 mags? i Just keep finding the guns, but no mags....

Also i wasnt able to stitch myself up from bleeding with a pristine sewing kit - anyone else?

• Like 1

Did CTDs come back for anyone else with the last small update? After the first hotfix I could play for hours without a single crash, now it's the same as before, game crashes after a few minutes...

Did CTDs come back for anyone else with the last small update? After the first hotfix I could play for hours without a single crash, now it's the same as before, game crashes after a few minutes...

That is a negative, over.

I haven't played yesterday, but I didn't have any problems getting in. Just keep spamming one like Exorade says and you should get in within a minute or so. Just double click and hit enter immediately after, keep doing that until you get in.

Ok i will try spam joining one server thanks! 

Also how many Experimental servers do you guys have? i have like 10 maximum and all are full 50players.

Probably.

I always keep tapping join until I get in.

I hope you do know that if you do it along with like 20+ people, that is where you screw the server performance while flooding it with joining requests... Not surprised that there is SO much desync...

Happy thanksgiving to all you Canadians and us 'muricans out there ! And all the others too :) ... Hopefully you'll all give me a ride in your v3s's due to holiday cheer ? :)

• Like 2

Apparently driving around in the V3S makes you cold really quick.  Can the devs fix the heater please :D

• Like 1

I hitched a ride the day before yesterday in a V3S and it was quite fun, but yesterday I got a chance to drive one.   Man, I had a blast.   I was surprised how far I got with the initial tank of gas.   I feel more determined now to locate a Jerrycan for possible future extended encounters with a V3S.   If you're still looking to drive a V3S, keep on being determined.   You'll get your chance.

• Like 1

Do you guys think shes hidden well enough for me to go shopping for gas without getting her car jacked ? =)

NippO0S.jpg?1

• Like 1