SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Do you guys think shes hidden well enough for me to go shopping for gas without getting her car jacked ? =)

NippO0S.jpg?1

Naaah.  No one will ever spot it  ;)

Naaah. No one will ever spot it ;)

Lol as caboose says this he's searching his 5th barn for the hidden v3s.. But seriously, I'm just gonna drop my fear of losing this beauty cuz twenty mins ago I was shot at after I found it near staroye (sorry if I stole it from someone but she was just sitting there in her spawn point I believe :0! ) and now I'm almost out of gas so there's not much more holding onto it I can do .. Maybe I'll leave some supplies and a note by it , in case I never come back home to feed her gas and someone else stumbles across it .. Well if somebody on the forums finds it know that she doesn't like vegetables and her favorite color is dark orangey-brown rust ... Treat her well .

Love this patch. Everything is running smooth on my end. Servers are restarting about every hour but other than that I love this patch....

Anyone found the new heli crash sites?? There used to be downed UH-60, Mi-8 and now we're supposed to have a UH-1Y that supposed to spawn the Steyr AUG. (It should spawn at UH-60 crash sites too.)

Can't wait to test that baby!

Love this patch. Everything is running smooth on my end. Servers are restarting about every hour but other than that I love this patch....

same for me, everything is running fine :thumbsup:

today I saw my first V3S in game - it's a beauty!

nucxkkmn.jpg

thx @Vincent Vega who picked me up :-)

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 2

Joined experimental, but sadly I've got invisible zombies everywhere. And no food either, everything's been picked clean. I found a dead woman, but she had nothing useful on her other than an axe. Not even a knife to skin her with...

Finally got a Truck and it ran sweet. I drove from Myshkino to Kamyshovo before I ran out of fuel. After I got to Kamyshovo meet a few guys shared some food and killed a few fools then headed up to Msta to wait for another server restart and BAM hacker out of no where was just porting to everyone and using explosions to kill everything in site. Well that's experimental for you !

My take on experimental so far.

Pros:

• V35 ahh fuck yeah
  • Lack of loot

Cons:

• Death by Hay bale it shall be. Ran over hay bale at red barn south of zelenogorsk
  • Death attempting to enter V35 as passenger on slight incline, vehicle was stopped
  • Irregular CTD but no way near as bad as first 

Did CTDs come back for anyone else with the last small update? After the first hotfix I could play for hours without a single crash, now it's the same as before, game crashes after a few minutes...

Yes me too mate

I hope you do know that if you do it along with like 20+ people, that is where you screw the server performance while flooding it with joining requests... Not surprised that there is SO much desync...

I literally cried.

A good way to avoid such flooding of joining requests is to build a basic query system.

Something that, apparently for Bohemia is really hard to do.

Though I must say, I haven't played Arma 3 so I'm not sure if it has one.

Edited by Exorade

1. Found Gas Canister (after 4 hours of searching) Check

2. Found Truck and Refueled it to Full Check

3. Pick up friendly hitchhiker Check

4. Allows hitchhiker a turn to drive and promptly dies in backseat because of door closing on me  <_<

Edited by Sniper-Wolf
  • Like 4

1. Found Gas Canister (after 4 hours of searching) Check

2. Found Truck and Refueled it to Full Check

3. Pick up friendly hitchhiker Check

4. Allows hitchhiker a turn to drive and promptly dies in backseat because of door closing on me  <_<

One day, DayZ will be in 1.0 and close to be bug-free, and we will sit here in the forums telling stories to the late adopters.

"And one day, i killed a random friendly with a truck door lol !"

"Uh really ? sounds sooooo cool"

:D

• Like 8

One day, DayZ will be in 1.0 and close to be bug-free, and we will sit here in the forums telling stories to the late adopters.

"And one day, i killed a random friendly with a truck door lol !"

"Uh really ? sounds sooooo cool"

:D

Were gonna sound like old men telling the stories too  :P

• Like 4

How often do the servers restart right now?  BEC says every six hours but I am certain it's a hell of a lot shorter than that.

Well, I believe I've gotten everything accomplished that's in the experimental right now except for finding a damn jerry can.  Finding trucks all over the place but no gas around anywhere :(

Anyone found the new heli crash sites?? There used to be downed UH-60, Mi-8 and now we're supposed to have a UH-1Y that supposed to spawn the Steyr AUG. (It should spawn at UH-60 crash sites too.)

Can't wait to test that baby!

Haven't found any yet. I looked like crazy all over the map as well. Never even saw one that was already looted. Guess I'm just not lucky.

I got called out of work today by my boss , some serious freaking experimental dayz about to happen . Someone wish me luck , for daddy's seeking the elusive "military tent" today ... :)

The End of my Adventure was in the woods when my trusty V3S Bertha, ran out of gas trying to surmount this beast of a hill... She will be missed until later today when my friends finally play dayz again after months of coward style rage quitting =)

BMISq0R.jpg

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Some servers may be crash-rebooting.   At least, that's what I think is happening after reconnecting to the same server after a reboot, only to experience another reboot 30 minutes later.

How often do the servers restart right now?  BEC says every six hours but I am certain it's a hell of a lot shorter than that.

I've only run across them in sheds.  They take up an entire Mountain Backpack's space.  :o

Well, I believe I've gotten everything accomplished that's in the experimental right now except for finding a damn jerry can.  Finding trucks all over the place but no gas around anywhere :(

Certainly the UK experimental 1PP servers are dropping in and out quite a lot. Although with no server message and almost at random times. Interestingly you can time out then rejoin almost immediately so I'm going with this being a bug rather than an actual reboot as you'd imagine a reboot takes more than the 90 seconds timeout + time to rejoin from the game menu.

I've not tried a truck but I've seen enough of them. I have however ran into lots of jerry cans. Mostly in stand alone sheds that have a central wooden pillar inside. One shed I walked into had 3.

About the trucks in general it's quite funny hearing one as it takes you back to the mod days when you had to dive for cover every time you heard a vehicle as you expected it to be packed with several well armed (and well stocked, thanks to the vehicles boot - trunk for the yanks) players all to keen to waste ammunition on you.

Has anyone seen a convoy yet? It seems that when one player find a truck they take someone with them to get another truck (obviously they can cover ground quickly), then once found they repeat the process with the trucks convoy increasing incrementally. I saw three in a row going down towards Vybor, then four of them return the other direction. Truck hoarding seems to be the way of things.

What is the script for a ghillie suit now? I thought it needed webbing, and I can't find any anywhere. 

I wonder if they have plans to add the rear bench type seats and storage space to the V3S?

One thing for sure is that steering wheel needs chunked up a bit lol

What is the script for a ghillie suit now? I thought it needed webbing, and I can't find any anywhere.

I personally haven't ever found any yet but apparently you only get them on boats on the coast now.

• Like 1

I personally haven't ever found any yet but apparently you only get them on boats on the coast now.

I have been looting boats on the coast and i always find fishing gear like Boonie hats wellies and rain coats i haven't seen netting anywhere   <_<

• Like 1

So are we just going with the webbing is just not available or that it's not needed?

As for the truck, I finally found one, drove it for about 200m then the server timed out. Rejoined the server to find the truck gone.. :( ..ran back to where I first picked it up and there it was in all it's glory...

7BbY4.gif

They fit in the red garages, btw, very easily. As I needed to quit and didn't want to leave it sitting in the road. I closed the doors behind me then logged out somewhere safe knowing that someone is going to get a nice surprise when they open up that garage door.

So are we just going with the webbing is just not available or that it's not needed?

As for the truck, I finally found one, drove it for about 200m then the server timed out. Rejoined the server to find the truck gone.. :( ..ran back to where I first picked it up and there it was in all it's glory...

7BbY4.gif

They fit in the red garages, btw, very easily. As I needed to quit and didn't want to leave it sitting in the road. I closed the doors behind me then logged out somewhere safe knowing that someone is going to get a nice surprise when they open up that garage door.

The past 2 times that I've found the V3S, the server resets but after re-joining, it puts me in the exact spot that I got the truck from.