SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

SKS anyone?

1zy78dg.jpg

Lol soo much stuff. I found this am out of"loot" In a police station in gorka . BTW were is that at the myshinko military base or nw airfield.

Same here. I've gotten kills at 75m+ with that thing already. Kills where my reaction was, "Wait, seriously?! I really killed him??"

A shotgun slug, at velocity, within 100 meters, should be a nasty, nasty thing.

Probably like getting hit with a modern day equivalent of a musket ball.

Yesterday I logged into my usual 1st Person server and found myself saved just outside NWA, even though I thought I had logged out somewhere else entirely.

I found the base completely stripped clean of loot and just as I was about to leave one of the jails.... the server restarts.

I find a server with about 10 or 12 people on it and join to find christmas loot spawn in the jail.

Of all the loot there I really only wanted the .357 ammo and took a few drinks.... the server restarts. :/

Logging back into my usual server I run to what I believe was Myshkino and find what seems like "normal" loot spawn and a good maybe 6-8 zombies descended on me as I half clumsily cleared the town, hoping for some zed killing action.

It does seem like the zeds can still aggro at great distance in some cases and other times I have exited a door and found one standing there having not aggroed to the sounds I made in the house just a few feet away.

I opened a door and found a zed in one of his shambling routines just outside and was enjoying the qualities of his movements and paused my initial instinct to kill him as I wanted to watch his pattern but he aggroed before I could watch for long.

It is funny how small things can breathe so much life into this game again for me.

• Like 2

Same here. I've gotten kills at 75m+ with that thing already. Kills where my reaction was, "Wait, seriously?! I really killed him??"

I can't part with it, even when finding lots of other weapons, commonly known to be more precious, powerful and whatnot. It's absolutely amazing! Love it!

• Like 1

They can however influence it, Give incentives for players to interact* with each other regardless of whether they're fresh spawns, low tier equipped or fully kitted. *in ways that don't involve blunt force trauma and/or gunshot wounds.

'Incentives' is usually where this one gets bogged down.

"Incentives" bog down this kind of discussion because they are something only the vocal minority of the playerbase wants. Personally I'm all for a good roleplaying session in DayZ or for simple collaboration between players...but it's a personal preference; I'm mature enough to understand that others may not enjoy RP or maybe don't want to play cooperatively in this game. This is not a mod of a game, it's a legitimate product: it have to appeal to a wider playerbase.

Remember, this is marketed as a sandbox multiplayer game, and that means the developers are giving you the world where you play in - just that. What you do in this world is up to you, and there should not be a "preferred" playstyle enforced or encouraged by game mechanics. The developers can amp up the difficulty in clearing towns from infected NPC (suggesting people to play in stable or improvised groups for easy loot), can make boarding buildings or repairing vehicles difficult/time intensive for a lone player (suggesting people to cooperate for tactical advantages) and so on...but giving incentives to players because they talk instead of press the trigger? Why, and how? But most importantly: why?

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 3

so we seeing .50 on stable anytime soon?

chances?

Someone mentioned that it should happen on Wednesday, it is either that or a new update on experimental, I don't recall which one was it.

Another experimental build sound strange...probably it will be 0.50 hitting Stable. AFAIK they postponed the deploy of the patch because during last minute tests there were several unexpected crashes. This forced the developers to re-work on the patch and try fixing the issue. Probably 0.50 Stable will be very similar to current 0.50 Experiemental, with less crashes and issues.

Noticed horrible lag when the servers are highly populated, problems when picking up items, very erratic and I'd say incorrect item spawning, didn't see any helicrashes but maybe that's just me. Getting CTD often as well.

so we seeing .50 on stable anytime soon?

chances?

I would say there's a 90% chance we'll get 0.50 Stable tomorrow. I would doubt we get a new Experimental before Friday or even next week.

This forced the developers to re-work on the patch and try fixing the issue. Probably 0.50 Stable will be very similar to current 0.50 Experiemental, with less crashes and issues.

It would be hard to have more crashes.  All but one 3pp exp servers were down yesterday when I tried playing and even that one struggled to stay up.

always been a one shoot killer for me. kill 2 guys with this beast, been killed once with it, never heard more than one shot (and it makes a hell of a sound !)

one round, one round is all it takes at close range.

There was a time during the alpha when due to a bug all shotguns did minimal damage and had no spread.

Therefore I was concerned that there would be a chance the pump-action shotgun could be suffering from it now and for this reason be very unreliable.

I'm glad to hear that you have had no problems with it.

yes, i remember that time ! IZH used to be a one shot killer at close range and suddenly you had to put 4 shells in one player to kill him.

the MP133 is a hell of a weapon, and it's hard to trow it away when you find "better" because it's the most effective toy within 50m.

A quick question...my character is in possession of an LZH-43 (without ammo) and a saw. Previously I used mainly SKS, carbines and such...never shotguns. I'm still looking for a box of 00, but meanwhile I was wondering if the LZH should stay with me, should be ditched or if it's advisable sawing it.

I saw down the shotgun any time i get a chance. I usually carry around the first saw i find. It fits on your pack, so why not? When exploring on persistent servers, i sometimes drop my long gun and any "intimidating" gear to go into large towns. More than once, I've had some arse try to hold me up, assuming I'm not armed, then i blast him when he drops his guard. Robing people of a real dick move, so they only deserve death.

I saw down the shotgun any time i get a chance. I usually carry around the first saw i find. It fits on your pack, so why not? When exploring on persistent servers, i sometimes drop my long gun and any "intimidating" gear to go into large towns. More than once, I've had some arse try to hold me up, assuming I'm not armed, then i blast him when he drops his guard. Robing people of a real dick move, so they only deserve death.

I would rather someone tried to rob me than get KoS'd.

• Like 3

Lol soo much stuff. I found this am out of"loot" In a police station in gorka . BTW were is that at the myshinko military base or nw airfield.

Was at Myshkino mb. The whole place was loot because of some loot related issues. I'm sure they'll manage to solve.

robing people and leaving them alive is one of the hardest things you can do in dayZ. i tried and failed many times. you need balls a method to succeed, they deserve a "well done, sir !" for taking that much risks.

• Like 1

Was at Myshkino mb. The whole place was loot because of some loot related issues. I'm sure they'll manage to solve.

Alright myshikino finally has loot.

robing people and leaving them alive is one of the hardest things you can do in dayZ. i tried and failed many times. you need balls a method to succeed, they deserve a "well done, sir !" for taking that much risks.

Exactly! Greater risk yields greater reward. Robbers are the real bandits, who add intensity and unpredictability to DayZ.

KoS is a mindless and unimaginative element that adds almost zero value to the game for neutrals, heroes and bandits alike.

KoS is a simple nuisance like a minor bug that breaks immersion.

Exactly! Greater risk yields greater reward. 

No it does not, in facts it's the opposite, it's easier to just loot your corpse.

KoS is a simple nuisance like a minor bug that breaks immersion.

And the immersion argument again. No it does not break your silly immersion. It's just a person playing a killer. It's literally them saying : 

I'm a killer. A murdering bastard. 

Just like you wannabe heroes, their play style is just as legitimate as yours. The only reason for you continuous bitching is :

They kill you for the fun of killing. Their play style makes you a victim. This is why you hate on it. 

Yes maybe the number of people spraying led is too high, but there is a reason for that :

Too little survival elements and too many bullets lying around. 

But other than that all your argumentation about immersion and all the other shit is nothing but whining. 

• Like 3

I would rather someone tried to rob me than get KoS'd.

Ya, i'll give you that. Though the majority of my robbing experiences is when i don't have much for great and make an easy mark. It's like picking a fight with a child.

No it does not, in facts it's the opposite, it's easier to just loot your corpse.

...thanks for reinforcing my point?

Of course it's easier to loot a corpse than to hold someone up.

There's no volatility, not even interaction anymore, when the potential threat is dead.

You're missing out on greater intensity by playing that way. But that's your loss, General.

The only reason for you continuous bitching is :

They kill you for the fun of killing. Their play style makes you a victim.

Is that why you prefer to KoS instead of interacting with people?

Why risk being a victim when you can just kill the potential threat and keep playing in relative safety?

Again, if that's your style of play, then I think you're missing out on the more intense version of DayZ that I enjoy.

• Like 1

...thanks for reinforcing my point?

Of course it's easier to loot a corpse than to hold someone up.

There's no volatility, not even interaction anymore, when the potential threat is dead.

You're missing out on greater intensity by playing that way. But that's your loss, General.

You said, greater reward. 

That depends, if you look for interaction or tension, than yes. If you are looking for gear, than no. 

Is that why you prefer to KoS instead of interacting with people?

Why risk being a victim when you can just kill the potential threat and keep playing in relative safety?

Again, if that's your style of play, then I think you're missing out on the more intense version of DayZ that I enjoy.

I only KoS armed players who loiter around, or when in military area. I won't go out of my way to hunt down fresh spawns or non armed players. Don't make assumptions.

You cannot just say "you're missing out"  because if someone plays the style they enjoy they don't miss out on anything. They play the game the way they want, the only one having a problem with this is you, they don't care about what you enjoy in this game, they just do what they want. Funny thing about most people, you feel like you're the centre of the universe and everyone who does things different is wrong. 

There is no right way to play dayz, there are only play styles that people enjoy, and who are you to claim that your one is better. 

• Like 1

You said, greater reward. 

That depends, if you look for interaction or tension, than yes. If you are looking for gear, than no. 

I only KoS armed players who loiter around, or when in military area. I won't go out of my way to hunt down fresh spawns or non armed players. Don't make assumptions.

You cannot just say "you're missing out"  because if someone plays the style they enjoy they don't miss out on anything. They play the game the way they want, the only one having a problem with this is you, they don't care about what you enjoy in this game, they just do what they want. Funny thing about most people, you feel like you're the centre of the universe and everyone who does things different is wrong. 

There is no right way to play dayz, there are only play styles that people enjoy, and who are you to claim that your one is better. 

Only this once will I respond to your childish and pedantic hostility, as you clearly can't argue without be overwhelmed by emotion.

Were you literally looking in a mirror when you wrote that post?

No assumptions in what I wrote, but your tone explains why you see something there.

My playstyle is "better" for me, of course.

A shame you get so worked up over dissenting opinion, so the moniker General Zod fits you well.

Jesses. I consider myself a rather patient and thorough player. Never complain really. But I was playing experimental for 4 hours straight now and the only food item that I have seen was a Zuchini. All other human hunger needs have been resolved by apples and wells. Don't get me wrong, I love that stuff is much harder to find. But literally no food spawn at all? That is a bit overboard IMO. :P And yes I haven't even bothered with hotspots, mostly dicking around Shakovka, Guglovo etc.

At the moment being near Zub Castle. Anyone want to team up? :)