SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Only this once will I respond to your childish and pedantic hostility, as you clearly can't argue without be overwhelmed by emotion.

Were you literally looking in a mirror when you wrote that post?

No assumptions in what I wrote, but your tone explains why you see something there.

My playstyle is "better" for me, of course.

A shame you get so worked up over dissenting opinion, so the moniker General Zod fits you well.

So just because I disagree with 1 000 000th post titled, KoS is for kids who don't know what DayZ is, they break my immersion, go play CoD, means I am childish, pedantic and hostile. 

Of those three, hostility is the only things that fits. And there is a good reason for that. KoS is perfectly viable play style, it might be unimaginative and bringing nothing into the game FOR YOU. But someone might enjoy it. Someone might enjoy hunting down other armed players, someone might enjoy landing a shot at a running guy from 400 + meters. And because those people don't play the game you would want them to (as bandits) you try to discredit that play style here. 

Yes there is assumption. Here a highlight :

Is that why you prefer to KoS instead of interacting with people?

This is you assuming I am mindless unimaginative killer who brings nothing into the game (again for you).

So while I might appear hostile, you sure appear self centred. With your - it brings nothing into my game play therefore it's bad.   

So don't make personal trips here, don't try to discredit me simply because I defend KoS. You don't like KoS because it's not what you want in this game, but unfortunately for you there are others who want it and will do it. 

Not everyone wants to be a bandit,

Someone might wants to be a sniper, someone might want to be a one man death squad, someone might want to be a axe wielding psycho terrorizing coastline. All those play style bring something into the game, it might not be be for you, but you're not the only one here. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 5

This is an experimental discussion, children. If you would like to squabble about whether the chicken or the egg came first do it someplace else please.

Oh ya, try viewing the argument from the other side's perspective when having a discussion like this. It will prevent you from arguing in circles forever.

One of you thinks player interaction is the most exciting part of the game.

The other thinks surviving and killing those that stand in their way is the most exciting part of the game.

You're welcome.

• Like 2

In regards to, well, all this, I have to admit, without all these play styles, the game would be boring. Without heroes, Bandits would run rampant. Without Bandits, Heroes would be rather boring and everyone would get along way too much. Tension brings randomness, randomness brings fun. It makes finding friendly people just *that* much more rewarding for me. I'm a Hero in the game, well mostly, but I don't begrudge Bandits, I think everyone has their place. This is why DayZ is the perfect open world experience, we have the absolute please of doing *exactly what we want* and living exactly HOW we want in the game. People can now be peaceful farmers, fishermen, bandits, heroes, psychotic murderers. My mate and I gather all our food hunting now, we don't bother raiding towns. We get it via meat. Works awesomely for us. Because we choose to. Embrace the difference or you might end up with something like The War Z (sorry or whatever it's calling itself now), where you have absolutely zero choice. 

For what it's worth, those trees are somewhere SE of Green Mountain in the large open fields. X is approximate.

Edit: Forgot to say, there are several ashwood trees around that area, at least a half dozen.

Edit2: More than a dozen in the cow pastures W of Mogilevka.

10wqh3c.jpg

2hdr23l.jpg

Edited by whiskeytango

This is an experimental discussion, children. If you would like to squabble about whether the chicken or the egg came first do it someplace else please.

Oh ya, try viewing the argument from the other side's perspective when having a discussion like this. It will prevent you from arguing in circles forever.

Couldn't have put it better, was about to post the same thing until I read yours. Have some beans :)

One of you thinks player interaction is the most exciting part of the game.

The other thinks surviving and killing those that stand in their way is the most exciting part of the game.

You're welcome.

Yes, but only one of us is trying to discredit the other. And it's not me. 

On topic.

Are we getting 0.50 to stable today or what ? 

Are we getting 0.50 to stable today or what ? 

They are working on it, yeah. Thats not a promise though as we have seen last week.

KoS is a simple nuisance like a minor bug that breaks immersion.

Do you think that during an apocalypse everyone would be sitting around a fire holding hangs and singing coombia my lord?   People are killing one another every day in real life and it has been proven that when people get desperate they will reach to even lower levels to ensure their survival.  So saying that someone killing you for your belongs or just because they see you as a threat to either themselves or competition for resources isn't much of  a stretch.  Sure it may ruin what you consider a survival game but for them the true threat has never been the elements or even zeds but the human element.

Now I am not a KOS type of guy.  I play very aggressive but I will give unarmed players a helping hand, I will even offer to help someone who is willing to put their gun away or doesn't have one out.  Yet if I think for even a second that you might be trying to lead me into a trap or you are just buying your time, I will drop you without giving it a second thought.  Sorry but I am more interested in my survival than yours.

Either way, the game would be much less fun without the violent human aspect.  If it was just purely a survival game I would rather play some thing like the Long Dark.

• Like 2

What the hell is in the rear view mirror ? Is that really his reflection ? Because that would be just tits .

What the hell is in the rear view mirror ? Is that really his reflection ? Because that would be just tits .

What ? You don't see yourself in those mirrors If you do they are not adjusted correctly. That being said I got now idea what do we see in it. 

Edited by General Zod

SAOt0R0.jpg

Jingle Bells , Batman smells , i found more than i can carryyyy , shot some zeds and now they deads , so ill just run awayyyyy... :D

• Like 1

Last I read that was the plan but not read any confirmation, also any word on what the persistence status will be in .50?

What ? You don't see yourself in those mirrors If you do they are not adjusted correctly. That being said I got now idea what do we see in it.

I would have adjusted them to reflect the passenger if there was one :) would be a cool effect to be added to dayz , we then could have tactical mirrors for watching around corners if mirrors worked properly :) ..

Edit : I got my answer after reading over the actual dev tracker , no not yet sadly :0 !

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Fukken invisible zombies. Fuck.

1Chq1ZJ.jpg

The only thing you can do. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Zombies are doing pretty bad at this build.

They are sliding, running in some directions even if there arent any people or animals, pathfiinding works much worse than before.

In regards to, well, all this, I have to admit, without all these play styles, the game would be boring.

Tension brings randomness, randomness brings fun.

Well said. I got hooked on DayZ because of the adrenaline rush you get every time you spot another unknown player, and that excitement simply wouldn't exist if the playerbase wasn't as diverse as it is.

The view in the mirror would be different from the passenger's seat.

• Like 1

I broke both of my legs in the woods, and now I am trying to drown myself in a pond but it won't work. I think I am a paraplegic Highlander :(

• Like 1

I broke both of my legs in the woods, and now I am trying to drown myself in a pond but it won't work. I think I am a paraplegic Highlander :(

you don't get the "running out of air" messages?

What server are you on, and where are you?

I'm just running around waiting for the maintenance to be finnish on stable, so i can come and fix your legs:)

Alright, one whole day of Z for me today! Finally! Let's see if you guys were kind enough to leave me some of dem X-Mas L00tZ, coz we're getting into that time of year anyway!

Hey, I want to cut down a Christmas Tree in December and put it into the corner of one of those black wooden huts and decorate it with the tears of my enemies and heads of Zeds! Pleeeaase Dev Team? :D

• Like 1

you don't get the "running out of air" messages?

Nope, nothing. Just an endless spam that I am in agony from my legs. I tabbed out and got ready for work, when I got back I was starving to death, so it only took a few more minutes to die. But yeah, I was submerged in water long enough to starve to death