SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Just tried cooking with a stove - still switches from raw to burnt instantly.

At least on US East 0-1 1PP, if you drop anything inside a house, it seems to disappear but teleports outside the house.

IDK about other servers.

So far really love the new content. Haven't found out what caliber the derringer is yet so haven't tested it. 

Bugs:

Still break your legs randomly inside buildings for absolutely no reason. Sometimes even just suddenly die. 

Items in inventory will randomly disappear. I'm talking handguns in backpack, medical kits, food etc. Randomly just vanishes. 

Items in hands will randomly disappear

Items placed on the ground disappear

Zombies can still go through walls

Zombies detection is a bit crazy (I know it's being worked on)

Some experimental server has an insane spawn rate of items so many you can't see the floor. Others you can't even find a damn kiwi for miles.

Can still get stuck in the terrain

Have never seen a tent

Have only seen one helicopter crash

Cooking food is absolutely broken. It goes from cooking for minutes on end straight to burned every single time no matter the method I have tried. Watched it intently and it went straight from raw to burned. 

Can't seem to get an ash stick

Sounds are all strange now. Will randomly hear chewing noises etc when no one is around. 

The new bunkers just instantly kill you when you go down the ladder...why put something in game that will instantly kill someone... wtf?

Characters can still get completely wiped for no reason too

Overall, cool new hats and death bunkers are cool and all. But it doesn't seem like too much to ask for to not have my legs broken for climbing a staircase. I have been killed by a player once never even saw them. Three times to zombies when I first started out. And every time since has been due to game breaking bugs. I know it's alpha, and experimental but it would be nice to re-prioritize to fix the issues that ruin the entire gaming experience. I'm at about 90 hours game play now. 

Also what good are all the glow sticks, lanterns, flashlights, headlamps etc if there isn't even night time. I have only ever found one night server. 

So far really love the new content. Haven't found out what caliber the derringer is yet so haven't tested it. 

Bugs:

Still break your legs randomly inside buildings for absolutely no reason. Sometimes even just suddenly die. 

Items in inventory will randomly disappear. I'm talking handguns in backpack, medical kits, food etc. Randomly just vanishes. 

Items in hands will randomly disappear

Items placed on the ground disappear

Zombies can still go through walls

Zombies detection is a bit crazy (I know it's being worked on)

Some experimental server has an insane spawn rate of items so many you can't see the floor. Others you can't even find a damn kiwi for miles.

Can still get stuck in the terrain

Have never seen a tent

Have only seen one helicopter crash

Cooking food is absolutely broken. It goes from cooking for minutes on end straight to burned every single time no matter the method I have tried. Watched it intently and it went straight from raw to burned. 

Can't seem to get an ash stick

Sounds are all strange now. Will randomly hear chewing noises etc when no one is around. 

The new bunkers just instantly kill you when you go down the ladder...why put something in game that will instantly kill someone... wtf?

Characters can still get completely wiped for no reason too

Overall, cool new hats and death bunkers are cool and all. But it doesn't seem like too much to ask for to not have my legs broken for climbing a staircase. I have been killed by a player once never even saw them. Three times to zombies when I first started out. And every time since has been due to game breaking bugs. I know it's alpha, and experimental but it would be nice to re-prioritize to fix the issues that ruin the entire gaming experience. I'm at about 90 hours game play now. 

Also what good are all the glow sticks, lanterns, flashlights, headlamps etc if there isn't even night time. I have only ever found one night server. 

The Derringer is chambered for .45.

I have to agree with the the spurious sounds, such as chewing, opening soda cans and zed growling. They are very disconcerting. I'm not so sure what causes the first two, but I suspect the growling I heard last night was from a zed that I had just killed, only I guess he wasn't ready to go quite then. After killing him I continued to scavenge and afterwards I came back to "the scene." As I approached the corpse, the growling got louder. After I left the building, there was no more growling.

Having said all that, there are other priorities, such as zeds walking through walls (better, but still glitched) that need to be addressed. I was in a train box car in Severo last night and I unintentionally backed through the end wall of the car and suddenly found myself standing on the tracks!

It's alpha, so don't misconstrue this as complaining. I'm simply making some observations.

So, not gonna lie, all I can find in the build is useless crap. I can't find any food, weapons, waterbottles/canteens, ammo, guns, clothing, nothing. All I find are chemlights, hammers, pliers, gardening lime, and the occasional cattleprod. I've tried running inland from the coast to get away from spawn zones, and starved to death several times. Am I just looking in the wrong area? I've read some people say that some places are spawning lots of stuff, and others aren't spawning anything.

This still on experimental? Wow, it's been over a month. Talk about a failed game. Mods like Breaking Point for Arma 3 got a way faster progress and a way smaller team.

Edited by Anarki

This still on experimental? Wow, it's been over a month. Talk about a failed game. Mods like Breaking Point for Arma 3 got a way faster progress and a way smaller team.

Even though I almost certainly know that you're just another troll baiting, I will try.

My guess is that a considerable amount of time and resources is directed to processes that are not visible to the public - yet. Such as the new renderer. Do mods like Breaking Point for Arma3 have a new renderer? Well. I guess they don't need one since this game already looks pretty decent, but unfortunately, DayZ doesn't.

Edited by EpeeNoire

Easy there, troll.

In my opinion breaking point and epoch have nothing on dayz standalone ... I ran for 3 hours straight in breaking point not having to eat or drink ONCE( and despite being in a DESERT I never once got hot , never once got cold , this is NOT a survival game more like a fucking dog barking, unrealistic desert walking simulator).

I didn't see one vehicle in it's spawn position (went all the way through the ENTIRE south east island , no vehicle spawns to be found nothing but ugly wastelands that all look the same ... I don't even wanna mention the pathetic RPG-like class system , I mean why the hell would a game all about sandbox survival make it so we have to choose a certain class essentially locking our choices to "who do we kill to get the most points ?".. It's unrealistic and incredibly stupid and it really ruins the game ).

Also the damn game is RIDDLED with annoying bugs and nuisances because it's a mod ... You have to stop when looking into backpacks , zombies walk straight through walls ALL the time , not just half the time like dayz ,you don't even get to dress yourself in custom clothing you have to pick up whole outfits like in dayz mod and they are very rare ... and you certainly don't have the option to store items in pockets and they aren't even working on these problems like the dayz staff is (zombie clipping problem

Mostly) ... If you truly think breaking point is better than dayz standalone I'm guessing you're one of those people who ONLY care about being able to find a car (which in this game breaking point, all the deuchbag clans hide the cars in ridiculous spots and there is no "vehicle degradation" or reset like there will be in dayz as to make sure these idiot clans don't hide all the cars on the map and forget about them... only 65 vehicles on a map that's 4 times bigger than chernarus ? That's a joke)... And it's all for "balance" simply because they terribly unbalanced the game with the crappy class system that makes people kill anyone for POINTS lawl.

So yes breaking point has vehicles , will you ever find one in that unnecessarily large empty wasteland , maybe. but will you ever have a truly detail oriented , realistic survival experience in this game complete with both friendly and non friendly stranger encounters ? No you will not , ever. Simply because this game breaking point decided to go down the same road dayz mod did : rely on the fact that it has vehicles and lots of zombies to impress people when in all actuality the REAL things that impress people are being able to mirror an actual challenging survival experience while also focusing on making the player choose his own story and not some stupid "ranger or hunter" class to determine his ultimate destiny .. Overall if you like being told who you can kill and who you can't kill, and if you like walking the distances of 4 chernaruses put together only to find one vehicle that's been stashed in a locked garage (which there is no way to break into a locked house real smart of the developers to help out deuchebag clans even more so by making their car garages impenetrable) so that you can never get it , then by all means purchase breaking point ...

Although if you actually care for a challenging (going to be soon) well balanced game that balances human interaction (in this game it's not all KOS like in breaking point) with long lonesome stretches Of trying to forage off the land for survival then stick with dayz standalone , you will honestly not find a better game at creating an exciting, challenging, post apocalyptic zombie wasteland than this , and for those that just hate this game because of the way it's getting balanced at the moment : chill out and wait three more months and come back in beta I guarantee you will prefer this game over those freaking mods any day ... Oh and I prefer dayz standalones graphics over the cheesy looking graphics from breaking point/arma 3 any day , arma 3 and breaking point although they look beautiful , can look very "cartoony" especially when looking at your characters hands :( !

So long story short , wait for dayz standalone to get vehicles and fix their zombies because overall dayz presets a MUCH BETTER survival experience than any of these ridiculous mods out there ... Yes it's great to see vehicles in a zombie game with tons of zombies but take it from someone who was greatly disappointed by breaking point because of it's many nuisances and imbalances : breaking point and epoch are NOT worth the 60$ it takes to purchase Arma 3 , if you're interested in arma 3 buy it but please don't make the mistake like me of buying arma 3 solely for breaking point because it's nothing like the detail oriented survival feel of dayz standalone ....

• Like 3

So, not gonna lie, all I can find in the build is useless crap. I can't find any food, weapons, waterbottles/canteens, ammo, guns, clothing, nothing. All I find are chemlights, hammers, pliers, gardening lime, and the occasional cattleprod. I've tried running inland from the coast to get away from spawn zones, and starved to death several times. Am I just looking in the wrong area? I've read some people say that some places are spawning lots of stuff, and others aren't spawning anything.

In order of importance, you have to:

* avoid high-traffic areas unless you're decently geared and well fed; high traffic areas are ALL coastal towns and spawn points, ALL military installations, ALL airports and ALL inland town reachable in a couple of minutes from the coast OR from a spawn point

* never, ever sprint

* avoid online guides and/or maps telling you what kind of loot you'll find in buildings - search everywhere and use first person when you do it

* prioritize suburban residential areas for food and tool shacks/barns for useful tools (combining rope and burlap sack are a must to increase quickly and cheaply your inventory)

* when you find a pond, lake or a water fountain drink until your status hits dark green hydratated

* don't forage (as in, don't search for berries or apples on plants) but scavenge canned food, and open what you find only with bladed weapons, saws or screwdrivers to avoid wasting too much food

In general there's a fair amount of loot around, and for some strange reason it's all in pristine condition. As you should always do, start scouting the buildings around the area you spawned (if any) and then leave IMMEDIATELY the area, especially if you're on the coast. Especially if you're in a big town. Travel without sprinting towards small towns out of reach from the mass of players hanging around the coast.

An example: let's pretend you spawn in the southwestern part of Chernogorsk, in the area around the supermarket. Scout quickly the buildings around, then avoid the rest of the town, Balota airstrip, Novoselky and Dubvky. Head north towards Nadezhdino, scouting the eastern part of Chapaevsk just because you will likely pass near it. You'll find a decent amount of loot on your short trip inland, and you'll be at least sufficiently equipped...and in a good geographical position to launch some loot runs inland or, if you're that kind of player, to return on the coast. It's not as glamour as beelining towards a military base to brag about the new AKM you've found, it's not as thrilling as running up and down the coast clubbing newspawns like you because you don't find anything to loot...but it's a start.

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 3

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HAS ANY PERSON FOUND THE MP-133 OR THE ROSSI R92 YET?

I have found an r92 and mp-133 but I die half of the time I have it. If you want the new weapons electro and nova will be your hope for guns. Electro seems to have guns in cabins(small ones)I found a blazer in one.

Failed game wtf. This game is in early alpha meaning additions. Also I highly doubt you can code and do the stuff the devs do. Its not easy you know. But let's put it this way dean was nice enough to have an early accses alpha for us instead of waiting for the entire game to finish. Dean and his devs are even nicer and let us have an exp branch as well as stable.arms mods don't update as much do they unlike this its every month for standalone. Think about it b4 posting.

Mods like Breaking Point for Arma 3 got a way faster progress and a way smaller team.

I would be that quick with developing a Mod as well if I would just be stealing other people's code / design and artwork as well.

Also the reason why producing original content take a while in DayZ Standalone.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3

Just tried cooking with a stove - still switches from raw to burnt instantly.

At least on US East 0-1 1PP, if you drop anything inside a house, it seems to disappear but teleports outside the house.

IDK about other servers.

This happens a lot even on stable. Last night I was playing with a buddy but he dropper his SKS and he couldn't see it until I picked it up from him. It sometimes teleporpts or turns invisible.

Failed game wtf. This game is in early alpha meaning additions. Also I highly doubt you can code and do the stuff the devs do. Its not easy you know. But let's put it this way dean was nice enough to have an early accses alpha for us instead of waiting for the entire game to finish. Dean and his devs are even nicer and let us have an exp branch as well as stable.arms mods don't update as much do they unlike this its every month for standalone. Think about it b4 posting.

While I agree on the first part of your answer, I need to write down a comment on the last one...Dean Hill and team Bohemia have all my (ours) respect for the job they're doing and for the artistic vision of the game...but they're not "kind" and the alpha-early access is not a benign concession to the playerbase, it's a common strategy used nowadays to fund games. So, we're not guests of a benevolent patron that need to thread carefully on what we do or what we say. We're customers, and we're funding this game.

There's a line between respect, passion and helpful suggestions (what we should provide as alpha-testers/customers) and subservience, and it's not so thin. Having a "stable" and "experimental" build, for example, is not something our dear developers-friends have gifted us...it's a common strategy to perform massive server and user based tests. DayZ is not a mod, it's no more the pet project of a talented individual...it's an honest product that is going to be developed, tested, marketed and then sold worldwide.

• Like 1

So I have a story.. I mean what are the odds of this happening?

I broke my leg from the bug inside a building in Myshkino. I had no morphine, but did have some rags and an axe so I felt fine. I crawled out of the building, and spotted a small bush I could get kindling from to make a splint. So I crawl towards it.. mind you this Myshkino and the town looks like maybe 1 or 2 people have been through it. As I crawl out the door.. you can see in this pic.. I find this medkit on the ground.

qD3IiwS.jpg

Morphine inside of it. 

What are the odds of that happening? lol

BTW, I have had ZERO issues with this experimental patch. Not weather, not loot, not anything major. Loads of ghost sounds now playing in the background, but Im used to that. 

• Like 8

After the multiple explanations the Dev's have given about what to expect on Experimental then ANY form of trolling in the Exp discussion forums should carry a forum ban. Its not needed, its not productive and if other games are Ohhhhh so better go play them.

Edited by Durzos

Definetly do not go inside castles, they will just kill you.  I gotta say I really dislike the new loot spawn system. I was looking for food, clothes and charcoal tablets. I checked all around Gorka and found only one banana, from there I ran to Grishino while stopping at Altar on the way. All the houses were looted and nothing new had spawned. After Grishino I made my way to NW. Barracks were completely empty, and at the tents I only found boots, lots of boots and weapon cleaning kits. Although the amount of backpacks around NW was astonishing.

As I understood for new items to spawn, people must stay clear of the area for a certain time? If that is the case, that is not going to work, people will always move around those areas, and making your way further up north becomes really hard as there is barely nothing to loot on the way.(If I am wrong, ignore this)

I have noticed that some servers have so much loot you dont even know what to do with it and some servers have almost nothing... What is up with that?

Should mention that both servers were completely full.

Also thanks solodude23, cooking with campfire worked just fine.

After the multiple explanations the Dev's have given about what to expect on Experimental then ANY form of trolling in the Exp discussion forums should carry a forum ban. Its not needed, its not productive and if other games are Ohhhhh so better go play them.

I agree. I'd like to see an example made of the whiners. We even have a dedicated thread in General Discussion for complaining about the game, and whiney comments about development serve absolutely no purpose for this community. I'm not advocating full-on censorship, but the trolls definitely need to be discouraged from cluttering up the legitimate discussion somehow. This thread should be for constructive (and fun?) posts ONLY.

• Like 8

I agree. I'd like to see an example made of the whiners. We even have a dedicated thread in General Discussion for complaining about the game, and whiney comments about development serve absolutely no purpose for this community. I'm not advocating full-on censorship, but the trolls definitely need to be discouraged from cluttering up the legitimate discussion somehow. This thread should be for constructive (and fun?) posts ONLY.

Damn Straight  B)

• Like 1

This still on experimental? Yes, the devs still offer players the option of playing on experimental builds which allows them the opportunity to develop the game with instant feedback and allows us players the chance to see brand new content during an early release alpha of a built from the ground up MMO that is destined for multi platform release.

Wow, it's been over a month. Since you've played? Yes, it probably has.. or posted? Did you mean its been a month since you posted? Because its been longer than that.

Talk about a failed game. Okay, lets. How about WarZ? Or maybe we can go way back to Battlecruiser 3000AD? Yeah, those games failed. DayZ however is groundbreaking. Ask anyone in the industry.

Mods like Breaking Point for Arma 3 got a way faster progress and a way smaller team. First off, grammar. Second, mods.. you argue mods against a standalone MMO being made for a multi platform release? What the literal fuck. Im done. You're not even a troll that is the thing.. you just are in this instance. 

:|

Or you end up on a server where loot is all meseed up like :

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/544134697592897205/7065972A67D70FEF1F7055303F516AD3A1295F8F/

Or Like :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335656600

Edited by docjiggy

Im going to spill the beans here..

In certain servers, in certain areas.. Loot is hard to describe. Its sort of like this picture:

image004.jpg

The Bee's are the loot.  :)

US SouthCentral 0-12.. head to some military areas until you find it.. you will. ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

laggy exp servers are laggy :(

And really unstable.  SE 0-5 was crashing every five minutes for about 3 hours this afternoon.  Looking over the list it appears most are down and out right now.  Perhaps it was a good thing this patch was not pushed to stable after all.

Edited by Briljin

The issue lies with loot spawning improperly, and server breaking inceptioning going on. 

If they manage to somehow fix that in one patch.. kudos to them. I dont expect it. 

• Like 3